Author Topic: NRaas Industries  (Read 101856 times)

Offline Dweiathecat

• Nooboo
Re: NRaas Industries
« Reply #125 on: June 10, 2014, 05:11:15 AM »
I have would love to have StoryProgression in my game but unfortunately the Swedish translation isn't very good. Is there a way to disable the translation so I only have the English version?

Offline SimAd

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #126 on: June 10, 2014, 04:40:22 PM »
The mod will follow the language settings of your game. Getting it to use the English Translation is possible, but requires some juggling with the .package file which isn't very user friendly.

Note that all translations are member-editable in the Wiki, so if anyone can improve on it, that's always very welcome! My Swedish however is limited to "Hejsan!". :-)

BTW if things are missing or not clear in the documentation or FAQ, we'd love to hear it in the wiki, as it will most likely be picked up by someone and improved. We currently have a very enthusiastic team working on that!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dweiathecat

• Nooboo
« Reply #127 on: June 11, 2014, 03:43:40 AM »
That is how I figured it worked. I attempted to remove the Swedish one once because I hoped it would default back to English but I am not good at programming so it just turned to gibberish instead. I would love some help in how to remove it... @[email protected]

There must be an easier way than copy-pasting the English version into the Swedish one...

Edit: Please! Help! My fingers are bleeding from all the copy-pasting and I'm not even halfway through yet... T.T

Edit: Though, I think the translator gave up at pretty much the same place... The rest is not translated...

Offline Dweiathecat

• Nooboo
« Reply #128 on: June 11, 2014, 07:52:23 AM »
That is how I figured it worked. I attempted to remove the Swedish one once because I hoped it would default back to English but I am not good at programming so it just turned to gibberish instead. I would love some help in how to remove it... @[email protected]

There must be an easier way than copy-pasting the English version into the Swedish one...

Edit: Please! Help! My fingers are bleeding from all the copy-pasting and I'm not even halfway through yet... T.T

Edit: Though, I think the translator gave up at pretty much the same place... The rest is not translated...

Heureka! It works! Still wishes there was an easier way though... hint, hint

Offline DisasterAhead

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #129 on: June 11, 2014, 12:59:18 PM »
Is there a mod that lets you set the skill level of a sim?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Dweiathecat

• Nooboo
« Reply #130 on: June 11, 2014, 04:19:34 PM »
Is there a mod that lets you set the skill level of a sim?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MasterController. (+cheats) Sim-Nraas-MasterController-Advanced-Skills if I'm not mistaken

Offline SimAd

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #131 on: June 12, 2014, 11:35:16 AM »
Heureka! It works! Still wishes there was an easier way though... hint, hint

There is! You have to export the English STBL from the package and import as if it were the Swedish one, basically that's all there to it. However, I don't know the fine details of how to do that, but we have several people who do.

I think the NRaas Packer has an easy function to do just that. Mind you, it's still juggling the package and the tools, but simpler as copy/pasting, that's for sure.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dweiathecat

• Nooboo
« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2014, 03:49:06 AM »
There is! You have to export the English STBL from the package and import as if it were the Swedish one, basically that's all there to it. However, I don't know the fine details of how to do that, but we have several people who do.

I think the NRaas Packer has an easy function to do just that. Mind you, it's still juggling the package and the tools, but simpler as copy/pasting, that's for sure.

Yeah... I tried something like that but it ended up gibberish... I must have missed something.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #133 on: June 13, 2014, 02:09:06 PM »
For the master controller +cheats, is that the cheats module as an add on or just an in game choice?

Dellena

« Reply #134 on: June 13, 2014, 03:25:26 PM »
You need the MasterController Cheats addon to be able to access that interaction.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2014, 03:26:33 PM »
Ok thanks!

Offline dmj9111

• NPC
« Reply #136 on: July 09, 2014, 06:42:55 PM »
Hi Carl & Pam, sure glad you are here to help all of us. My master controller and portrait mods work for everything except increasing the family to more than 8. It worked only in one of my games in one play session but now it doesn't work anymore. Again, it's just this one aspect of the mod that will not work. I've tried adoption of both child and pet--doesn't work. And of course it won't let me "try for baby", just tells me I've reached the maximum family members. I can add a Sim or move one in, but can't get a baby or a pet. I have Sims 3 on a state of the art new gaming laptop. I would appreciate any guidance you can give me. Thanks!

Dellena

« Reply #137 on: July 10, 2014, 01:56:01 AM »
You can go here:

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Which+Mod+FAQ#Overstuffed

to determine what mods you need from the Nraas suite to make overstuffed households work.

Offline Kathykins

• Llama Wrangler
    • S & M Builders (TS1)
« Reply #138 on: July 24, 2014, 04:05:12 PM »
Just want to put it out there: I installed Twallan's Story progression mod yesterday, and FINALLY after 20 game weeks, my Sunset Valley is alive again. I had no idea how many were unemployed, until I saw at least 20 sims getting jobs within the first hour of play. People have moved out, moved in, found partners, some are even planning weddings and nooboos are on their way already!

I still have to tweak a bit, like getting rid of the notifications for skill-ups and such ( I really don't care if VJ gets his first point in Social Networking :p ) but other than that, I love the gossip! Really awesome mod, that I will recommend to anyone :)
I wake up every day planning to be productive, but a voice in my head says 'hahaha good one' and we laugh and laugh and take a nap.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #139 on: July 24, 2014, 05:06:58 PM »
Honestly, the Story Progression mod is the main thing that keeps the game playable for me. It's so much fun to see the town come alive, for townies to meet, fall in love, and have babies of their own. It enriches the experience exponentially for me.

There are ways to turn off the individual notifications about skills and all that. I can't recall off the top of my head, but it should be in the General Options somewhere.

Dellena

« Reply #140 on: August 27, 2014, 08:22:40 AM »
Just an FYI to the Sims 4 players coming up - from what I'm reading at the Nraas site, they will continue with just Sims 3 mods.  It doesn't look like they will be doing any Sims 4 mod work.  Of course, that could change over time and I honestly don't plan on playing with any mods for a while as I want to see how the game works 'as is.'