Author Topic: NRaas Industries  (Read 175538 times)

Offline SimAd

• Llama Wrangler
Re: NRaas Industries
« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2014, 05:28:17 AM »
That is untrue. Just get the SuperPatcher for the desired patch level...

That is an option, but it does require more searching and expertise than just getting the latest patch level. If you just let the Launcher have its way, it'll put you at (currently) 1.67 without even asking (and if you're not "in reach" of the regular incremental patch it'll choose the full Super Patch instead).

Offline daliabean

• Nooboo
« Reply #121 on: April 08, 2014, 05:28:57 AM »
Thank you so much to all of you that responded, I am definitely considering this mod. But as I am a worrier, I must still ask:

If you were to go through the various older levels for all the mods on the site, you would notice that the warnings on the destination pages always list only one of the relevant patch levels. The info on the main listing is accurate, the warning on the subpage is mainly there to get you to check things over which is probably why he never bothered to make them list more than one.
So I can use the 1.57 mod with my 1.55 patch safely?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #122 on: April 08, 2014, 06:22:27 AM »
I believe so.  But as suggested, add it to your game and start a fresh game (I usually use Sunset Valley - an oldie but very stable).  Play around with any family.  Have them do something with everything in the house (this is kinda like testing a house build before you put it on Shop and Swap).  Have them cycle through 24 hours just to make sure beds are all working, etc.  Also, if you pick a family that already has a job, you can check that they go to work properly.  Once all that checks out, you can exit that game without saving (was just a test) and proceed with your regular game.  If anything goes wrong in the test, then remove the mod.  But since you never started one of your saved games with it installed, those games are safe.  I hope this helps.

Offline daliabean

• Nooboo
« Reply #123 on: April 12, 2014, 03:32:45 PM »
Thank you, everyone that replied. I have installed the mod and it works fine with my game. Finally my town is alive again. Thanks everyone!

Offline felicitysims00

• Nooboo
« Reply #124 on: April 20, 2014, 09:24:39 PM »
Hi all! Like most here I love the mods - especially Master Controller and Story progression. I would like to know more about the numbered rates in a lot of the sections. I'd like to randomize the gender preference a bit more, and also tweak some of the supernatural occurances. Is there a guide anywhere? I've checked in the twallan forums but the guide doesn't explain what 25 means - is it out of 100? Does it depend on the type of modification?

Offline Dweiathecat

• Nooboo
« Reply #125 on: June 10, 2014, 05:11:15 AM »
I have would love to have StoryProgression in my game but unfortunately the Swedish translation isn't very good. Is there a way to disable the translation so I only have the English version?

Offline SimAd

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #126 on: June 10, 2014, 04:40:22 PM »
The mod will follow the language settings of your game. Getting it to use the English Translation is possible, but requires some juggling with the .package file which isn't very user friendly.

Note that all translations are member-editable in the Wiki, so if anyone can improve on it, that's always very welcome! My Swedish however is limited to "Hejsan!". :-)

BTW if things are missing or not clear in the documentation or FAQ, we'd love to hear it in the wiki, as it will most likely be picked up by someone and improved. We currently have a very enthusiastic team working on that!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dweiathecat

• Nooboo
« Reply #127 on: June 11, 2014, 03:43:40 AM »
That is how I figured it worked. I attempted to remove the Swedish one once because I hoped it would default back to English but I am not good at programming so it just turned to gibberish instead. I would love some help in how to remove it... @.@

There must be an easier way than copy-pasting the English version into the Swedish one...

Edit: Please! Help! My fingers are bleeding from all the copy-pasting and I'm not even halfway through yet... T.T

Edit: Though, I think the translator gave up at pretty much the same place... The rest is not translated...

Offline Dweiathecat

• Nooboo
« Reply #128 on: June 11, 2014, 07:52:23 AM »
That is how I figured it worked. I attempted to remove the Swedish one once because I hoped it would default back to English but I am not good at programming so it just turned to gibberish instead. I would love some help in how to remove it... @.@

There must be an easier way than copy-pasting the English version into the Swedish one...

Edit: Please! Help! My fingers are bleeding from all the copy-pasting and I'm not even halfway through yet... T.T

Edit: Though, I think the translator gave up at pretty much the same place... The rest is not translated...

Heureka! It works! Still wishes there was an easier way though... hint, hint

Offline DisasterAhead

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #129 on: June 11, 2014, 12:59:18 PM »
Is there a mod that lets you set the skill level of a sim?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Dweiathecat

• Nooboo
« Reply #130 on: June 11, 2014, 04:19:34 PM »
Is there a mod that lets you set the skill level of a sim?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MasterController. (+cheats) Sim-Nraas-MasterController-Advanced-Skills if I'm not mistaken

Offline SimAd

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #131 on: June 12, 2014, 11:35:16 AM »
Heureka! It works! Still wishes there was an easier way though... hint, hint

There is! You have to export the English STBL from the package and import as if it were the Swedish one, basically that's all there to it. However, I don't know the fine details of how to do that, but we have several people who do.

I think the NRaas Packer has an easy function to do just that. Mind you, it's still juggling the package and the tools, but simpler as copy/pasting, that's for sure.

Offline Dweiathecat

• Nooboo
« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2014, 03:49:06 AM »
There is! You have to export the English STBL from the package and import as if it were the Swedish one, basically that's all there to it. However, I don't know the fine details of how to do that, but we have several people who do.

I think the NRaas Packer has an easy function to do just that. Mind you, it's still juggling the package and the tools, but simpler as copy/pasting, that's for sure.

Yeah... I tried something like that but it ended up gibberish... I must have missed something.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #133 on: June 13, 2014, 02:09:06 PM »
For the master controller +cheats, is that the cheats module as an add on or just an in game choice?

Dellena

« Reply #134 on: June 13, 2014, 03:25:26 PM »
You need the MasterController Cheats addon to be able to access that interaction.

anything