Author Topic: Sims 3 - Creating a Mods Folder/Installing Mods Step by Step Guide  (Read 855749 times)

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
Creating a Mods Folder/Installing Mods Step by Step Guide

Updated: January 2024

Sims 3 does not come with a ready-made mods folder. You will either need to create one or download one. It needs to be created or added into your sims 3 folder in documents.

This is a step by step guide into creating a Mods Folder, for anyone who has never used mods before and doesn't know where to start. Or choose to grab the mods folder already put together by MrsFlynn. See last link in the Index below.

Quick Link Index:
  - Having a hard time getting your mods to work? Click Here
  - Important Notes
  - Where Do the Mods and Custom Content Go?
  - Creating the Mods Folder
  - Extract the .package Files

- Download a new Sims 3 folder with mods folder included here, from SimFileShare.net

- To Download just the Sims 3 mods folder, click here. From Simfileshare.net ~ Add your own mods and CC files

~ Important Notes:

You don't need WinRAR or 7-zip to actually download any game mods or custom content. Go to CC or mod site of choice and download the files to your computer from there. Downloading to your desktop is recommended for temporary and then move off to a usb drive or external hard drive for storage.

Contact the specific site for help, if you're having issues downloading any content from their site. We are not able to help with that.

Mac users can try  Keka. Windows has a zip program built into it that can be used to unzip any mod or CC files.

~ Where Do the Mods and Custom Content Go?

Sims 3 does not come with a ready-made mods folder. You will either need to create one or download one. It needs to be created or added into your sims 3 folder in documents. Not the Games or Program Files (x86) folder.

User files should be located here: (by default)
--
C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

==
Game install files should be located here: (by default)

Digital Download Version
C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 3
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3 (64-bit - Windows)
C:\Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 3 (32-bit - Windows)

The Original Disc Version - pre 2012 version
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 (64-bit - Windows)

** The newer disc versions may default install to Origin Games or EA Games, from Feb. 2023 and on.

~Back to top

~ Creating the Mods Folder:

Step 1:
Under the start up menu, Go to: \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. Or simply type in "Electronic Arts" in the search bar. Look for it under Documents.

Example: C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

Step 2:
When you open the folder, create a new folder and name it "Mods." 
-- To create a folder, right-click in the folder and select New > Folder and give it a name.

Step 3:
Under that folder, create another new folder, and name it "Packages." This is where you download your .package files to or copy/paste them to.

Step 4:
You will need to download the Resource cfg file. Right click Save As, into the Mods folder.

Extract the newly installed file, to activate it. You will need to move the newly extracted cfg file, out of the Resource folder, to the Mods one. If you get an error, remove the old resource file, then change the folder to another name. Copy the cfg file, and paste it onto the Mods folder. Remove renamed folder (formally Resource) from that same Mods folder.

Alternative download link:

---> See the attached zip file at the bottom of this post.

Unzip it by double-clicking the file. Right-click and select open on the folder it creates. Right-click on the Resourse.cfg file and select Copy then Paste it into the Mods folder.

-- C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\mods

Installing Mods:
On the website, you are downloading the mods from, (Nraas, modthesims.info), right click the rar or zip files and select "Save Target As..." Save the files to your desktop or backup media of choice - like a USB key or external hard drive.

~Back to top

~ Extract the .package Files

Windows Users:
Windows has a zip program built into it that can be used to unzip any mod or CC files. However if you prefer, you can install 7-Zip or Winrar (Thank you, Hosfac. Totally pulled a Homer Simpson!) I personally use WinRar.

WARNING! WinRar is a nag program that will pester you into updating for a fee. Good news is that you can simply ignore it.

Windows 7 users has a free unzipper for extracting files. (Thank you, Seabody)

Mac Users: You will need to install Keka for extracting files. (Thank you, NonaMena)

Right click on the zip/rar file, and select "Extract..." This will create a folder. Inside that folder is a Package file, which is the game mod or custom content you downloaded. Again, if you have downloaded CC this way, as appose to a .Sims3Pack file, this method is no different.

I hope my step by step guide, has helped you. If you're planning on deciding which mods are best for you, be sure to do your homework, before you know what you're getting into.

A great mod creator, always updates within each EA patch, will answer any questions if anything goes wrong, and be able to tell which mods are conflicting. Also, downloading a module without the base mod, will cause your game to crash at the loading screen. (Example: Downloading a vet career at MTS without Twallan's career mod!)

Parents, Guardians and Older Siblings: While mods can help improve your Sims 3 game and performance, some mods will add mature content, breaking the game's T for Teen Rating! That being said, you should do more intensive research, on what package files will be installed into your modified Sims 3 game, if you share your game and PC with your young children, and/or siblings.

This is a family friendly website, so no such mods will ever be discussed here. If you ever happen to run in a website, be sure you delete the browser history, just to be on the safe side.  :)

That being said, have a happy Simming!
Jeana

~Back to top 

~ Having a hard time getting your mods to work? Try this:

✽ Please backup any mods and custom content you have before trying this. ✽

1. Go to C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. Create a folder called Mods. In this folder, create 2 more folders, one called Packages and the other called Overrides.

In Packages you could create these sub-folders *Optional*: (depending on how you want to organize your custom content and mods.)

– CustomContent - Add custom content .package files
– MTS (Mod the Sims) is mods from that site.
– Nraas - mods from that site.

The Overrides folder is optional, it's not necessarily needed unless you download a lot of override mods.

2. Download the resource.zip file located here unzip it so you should have a file called resource.cfg, and put this file in the Mods folder.

3. After you've installed any custom content or mods, such as default replacements, or game mods, you need to delete the 5 cache files in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3:

– CasPartCache.package -- CAS parts that appear in Create-A-Sim
  – compositorCache.package -- New objects that would appear in Buy/Build mode
  – scriptCache.package -- Mods or Hacks
  – simCompositorCache.package -- New Sims, default skins
  – socialCache.package -- Simport-related and other social data, if you use the wall to integrate with your MyPage on thesims3.com site

These files are safe to delete.  They'll regenerate when the game starts.

~Back to top

~ Reference Link:

On the page linked below there is a ready-made FrameworkSetup.zip File that provides a mods folder containing the Resource.cfg, Override and Packages folders. As well as instructions on how to put it all together.

Installing Sims 3 Package Files/Setup and Files
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

NonaMena's Tutorial on How To: Create and Use an Overrides folder.
https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012/05/18/tutorial-how-to-create-and-use-an-overrides-folder/

A couple of links to help with Unzipping a file:

Zip and unzip files
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028088/windows-10-zip-and-unzip-files

How to Unzip a File
https://www.wikihow.com/Unzip-a-File

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Creating a Mods Folder/Installing Mods Step by Step Guide.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 09:16:39 PM »
Sorry, but can I just point out two things?

Step 3:
Under that folder, create another new folder, and name it "Package." This is where you download your Sims3package files.

I believe the folder needs to be called Packages. It may seem insignificant, but it's case-sensitive and you have to spell it right.

To extract the Sims3package files:
You will need to install 7-Zip (This is for Windows Users. I have Windows, so I'm not sure how it will work for Mac, if you use a Mac and use mods, you can let me know so I can update this) These are your mods.

Right click on the zip/rar file, and select "Extract..." This will create a folder. Inside that folder is a Package file, which is the mod you downloaded. Again, if you have downloaded CC this way, as appose to a Sims3pak, this method is no different.

Windows 7 comes with a free unzipper. Right Click on the Zipped file and choose "Extract...".

That aside, thank you! I read almost the same thing on NRaas Industries Wiki, but I think this is easier to understand.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 09:17:49 PM »
Step 1:
On the Start Menu, you will find a Search Bar, (For Windows Vista and 7 Users), select the "Electronic Arts" folder.

The Mods folder goes in The Sims 3 folder not the Electronic Arts folder.

Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 09:19:41 PM »
You're welcome. Nope, it can be package. I always called mine package, and it runs just fine.  :)

*Smacks on Hand* Thanks for pointing that out Grimsoul.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 09:21:37 PM »
No problem, Glad to be of help. :)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 09:38:53 PM »
I just downloaded MasterController, using your method (plus a twist from NRaas Industries Wiki, because the CFG is a rar and I don't want to download much more than I need to). Fingers crossed this works!

E: Yay, it works! Now to finish up, download the Cheats module and Overwatch, then enjoy! (And be glad my Dynasty is not invalid, since I play it in a Factory Resetted file, so that I can do whatever in one game, and play a vanilla Dynasty!)

Offline Piggypox

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 09:52:19 PM »
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files

Most mods are in package files. I believe this is the easiest way to set up your mods folder. It has a step by step with pictures.

And the best part.

All you need to do is download the framework, extract and you're done! =)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Fluffy Puff

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 11:27:04 PM »
What about updating your mods when the newest game patch comes out? Do you need to delete the mods before patching your game and then install the newest mod version?

Offline twallan

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 11:40:05 PM »
What about updating your mods when the newest game patch comes out? Do you need to delete the mods before patching your game and then install the newest mod version?

You can if you want, however it is unnecessary.  The EA Patch system does not care whether you have mods installed or not.

Most people suggest removing your mods beforehand because if you forget to remove them, and try to play the updated game, it will go bonkers.

Personally, I leave my mods installed, and then update them with new copies after I have patched.

But frankly if you remove them before patching, or leave them in and replace them after patching, is mostly a personal preference.

:)
NRaas Industries.  Saving Sims games from becoming doorstops since 2009.

Forum Rules

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 11:58:12 PM »
I'm glad I'm getting feedback from this topic. Perhaps this could be sticky so beginners can easily find this topic?  :)

I've actually been really excited about this rule bending quite a bit, ever since I became a junior member that wasn't well aware of the rules. So, naturally, I'd be jumping on this.

Seabody, how do you like Master Controller? Story Progression is another great mod, and very easy to turn off.  :) Twallan has more interesting story progression than EA's.

Offline Piggypox

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 12:02:06 AM »
I cannot play without MasterController, simply because I like to cheat and see how toddler sims look like when they're older hehe. If I don't like it, I delete them from existence. =P

Story Progression is awesome. I like the notifications you get and you actually know what the town is up to. It slows the game down quite a bit though so you may have to compromise on graphics settings. Unless you have a really good computer.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 12:03:29 AM »
Seabody, how do you like Master Controller? Story Progression is another great mod, and very easy to turn off.  :) Twallan has more interesting story progression than EA's.

I like it a lot! I'm only dipping my feet in thus far, but I've read up on all of twallan's Mods on the wiki (and finally, I put my Wikispaces account to good use and asked a question there).

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 12:11:36 AM »
It's always smart to ask questions. Even though mods can be very helpful tools, they're also not something to be taken casually, especially when you can easily run into an outdated one, or conflicting mods.

I really missed Master Controller, and as I mentioned using it before and getting in trouble through PM by a moderator, June of that year, when I got promoted to hero status, I stopped using them for nearly 10 months, and am happy to be using them again, this time, without any shame.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 12:20:49 AM »
June of that year, when I got promoted to hero status...

We get promotions here??  Are there pay raises involved?  :o

Oh wait...a 10% increase on nothing is still nothing, isn't it?  Oh well.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 12:28:57 AM »
Well, you get more stars, and points, when you move up a rank. ;D

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2012, 01:30:09 AM »
We get promotions here??  Are there pay raises involved?  :o

Oh wait...a 10% increase on nothing is still nothing, isn't it?  Oh well.

Ranks... like Role Playing Games... at level 5 you unlock "Charming Introduction" at level 10 you unlock "Sleep in Specimen Closet" at level 15 you unlock "Don't Break a Sweat"

;D

Offline NonaMena

• Townie
    • Nona's Sims
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 01:50:00 AM »
Hi jeamariesx3, it was very good of you to start this thread. As soembody else has pointed out, you can also just go here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files  and download the framework.zip, then move that .zip file to your The Sims 3 folder and extract it there.

I only mention this because the resource.cfg document in that framework.zip is the most recent, and includes framework for the Overrides folder. This is important as some mods require correct use of the overrides folder to function properly. Using the resource.cfg you've linked, people will have to edit the file themselves which can be confusing.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 02:04:45 AM »
Like I said, I used mods over a year ago, then stopped using them for a bit after I reached Hero Status and we weren't allowed to discuss mods. I never heard of creating an overrides folder.

Offline NonaMena

• Townie
    • Nona's Sims
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 05:40:38 AM »
Like I said, I used mods over a year ago, then stopped using them for a bit after I reached Hero Status and we weren't allowed to discuss mods. I never heard of creating an overrides folder.

I hope you don't think I am criticizing you, it is not my intention . The resource.cfg at ModTheSims is simply more robust. The overrides folder has a higher priority, and in some cases mods will need to be placed there so that they are loaded with the proper priority. This applies, for example, when someone is using Awesomemod but also wants to use Nraas PortraitPanel. In that case, Nraas PortraitPanel should be placed in the Overrides folder. Using the overrides folder is not necessary for everyone and is somewhat "advanced" (but not really, it's very simple to use!). Nevertheless, having the resource.cfg properly set up so that it recognizes the overrides folder anyhow is good. If someone comes across a mod which requires the use of the Overrides folder they may be very confused and frustrated if they can't properly edit or set up their resource.cfg.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2012, 01:58:59 PM »
No! Not at all. I couldn't find the MTS version of it. This is when I started back up modding after realizing, Challenges here at the time were way out of the question, due to my own PC issues. I couldn't remember where the resource file was and I ended up at this one.  :)

Offline NonaMena

• Townie
    • Nona's Sims
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2012, 02:33:10 PM »
No! Not at all. I couldn't find the MTS version of it. This is when I started back up modding after realizing, Challenges here at the time were way out of the question, due to my own PC issues. I couldn't remember where the resource file was and I ended up at this one.  :)

OK, I'm glad you didn't think I was being  critical. :) Oh, also, Mac users can use Keka to open file archives. It's free and supports the major file archive formats (.zip, .7z and .rar).

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2012, 03:01:20 PM »
You can if you want, however it is unnecessary.  The EA Patch system does not care whether you have mods installed or not.

Most people suggest removing your mods beforehand because if you forget to remove them, and try to play the updated game, it will go bonkers.

Personally, I leave my mods installed, and then update them with new copies after I have patched.

But frankly if you remove them before patching, or leave them in and replace them after patching, is mostly a personal preference.

Learned that the hard wqy. I unconsciously (bad habit) ticked the download for the patch before removong my mods. My sims could NEVER leave their vacation in China. I tried numerous times and they dropped the issue to did something else. Live and learn. So, NOW, I vow never to download before a mod patch is in place ; and before removing my oldpatches.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2012, 04:32:30 PM »
I just installed the Mods folder! (Excuse the excitement, it's my first time doing this).

A couple of things:  I did have to download 7-zip to my computer.

Also, I used the modthesims link up above. It suggested placing the framework.zip folder in The Sims 3 file, but when I did that and extracted the files, they stayed in the folder. I moved it to my desktop, then moved the mods folder in, which contained the overrides folder, the packages folder, and the resource folder. Anyway -- on to Master Controller.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2012, 01:40:59 AM »
You can download Winrar and use it indefinitely without actually paying for it.  After a while it gives you a pop-up saying that you need to buy it, you click the "X" in the corner of the pop-up and continue as usual.

Of course, I'm not at all suggesting that you shouldn't pay for it.  No, not at all.  I would never suggest such a thing...    :-X

But you don't have to.  I'm just not suggesting that.  Nope, you didn't hear that from me.  In fact, ignore the above sentence completely.  :P

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2012, 08:59:00 AM »
I have to say I'm so happy this topic has been brought to this site. I've been looking at mods for months and I was positive it was was going to be a big deal to install them. They installed so easily I'm amazed. I was playing around with new things most of the day yesterday. I downloaded Master Controller and a couple of the career mods. It's so much fun to have real, new interactions in the game! I'm a happy camper.  ;D

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2012, 09:07:40 AM »
You can download Winrar and use it indefinitely without actually paying for it.  After a while it gives you a pop-up saying that you need to buy it, you click the "X" in the corner of the pop-up and continue as usual.

If you right click on the file you want to extract and select extract here you don't even get a pop up message.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2012, 02:15:03 PM »
I just added WinRar. Do'h! I should've linked it in the first place, as I use it to extract my mod folders. I just realized I pulled a Homer Simpson when typing these instructions.  ::)

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2012, 02:52:21 PM »
Learned that the hard wqy. I unconsciously (bad habit) ticked the download for the patch before removong my mods. My sims could NEVER leave their vacation in China. I tried numerous times and they dropped the issue to did something else. Live and learn. So, NOW, I vow never to download before a mod patch is in place ; and before removing my oldpatches.

This is actually more likely an issue caused by the patch itself, and is probably not related to your mods at all.  Issues like this occur somewhat often, and we've seen this exact thing with the latest patch:  you're unable to complete an adventure that was started before the patch, but adventures you start afterwards appear to work properly.  People who don't actually use mods have this problem, too, so the issue cannot possibly be related.

Your best protection against this is to back up your saves regularly and keep multiple saves of the same game at different sim times.  You especially want to back up your game saves before you install a patch.  I forgot to do this with the last one and it rendered one of my saves completely useless.  :(

Offline bobbittx

• Nooboo
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2012, 04:25:27 PM »
The contents of the resource.cfg file are:

Code: [Select]
Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Files/... autoupdate
Priority 1000
PackedFile Overrides/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Test/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Probation/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc

The way I understand this (someone else may correct me) is that the Priority number gives you a lot of flexibility when trying out mods.

Overrides with a priority of 1000 will take precedence over the game cache (objects already installed through the launcher). Meaning if you've created or downloaded a special version of an object, as long as it is in the Overrides folder the base game/store object should always be overridden. 

The Packages folder has the same priority as the DCCache (downloaded store items, exchange items, mods that come in the Sims3pack format). This is the folder I usually have several sub-folders in. I've named one "NRaas" so that I can keep Twallan's mods contained in a single folder to compare dates with his recent updates wiki page. I have others for CAP, slider, and other types of mods that rarely need to wait for game updates and can be used on any patch level. I have two others "Scripts" and "Objects" that do depend on game updates to remain functional. If a new game patch hits, I'll temporarily remove the Nraas, Scripts, and Objects folders and start a new save game if I get an itch to see the new features.

All new mods I download or create/modify are initially placed in Test. My own rule is that they stay there for at least 2-3 weeks before I move them over to the Packages folder. A busted mod might not necessarily surface as an immediate issue, in fact sometimes its hard to tell they are impacting your game at all.

I don't use the Probation folder much, usually only when I have downloaded several mods at once and then notice lag or unusual behavior. I use it as a secondary test/staging folder to try and see which one(s) are at fault or if I suspect there maybe a conflict that the Dashboard tool doesn't see.

In general, mod use is really going to boil down to trial and error to determine what works for each individual. It is real easy to get frustrated and angry, especially for people that are into 3+ generations save. I used to treat all the verbiage for "make sure to backup and save your files" as people being overly precautionary. But now I have a copy of my game folder for every month in the past 5 months.  - Overkill and borderline OCD: yes. Smashing my face into the keyboard because I messed up my game: not as much. ;)

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2012, 05:35:44 PM »
Will mods slow down my computer?

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2012, 05:43:17 PM »
It all depends on how much RAM you have, if you have a real video card or a graphics chip, or if you're on a laptop or a desktop. If you put too much in at a time on a lower end computer that doesn't meet the system requirements for TS3, then yes, your computer will slow down.

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2012, 05:54:06 PM »
Mm, okay. I'm looking into downloading the Pose Player mod from MTS.

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama

Offline KJSinclair

• Townie
  • I may have a sharp tongue but I have a soft heart
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2012, 02:08:07 AM »
Is it possible to sticky this thread? I mean this is the first place people are going to come for information and it's getting somewhat buried.

Kindest regards
KJ
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes we have to wait a long time for the reason to become clear.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2012, 02:38:44 PM »
@Kirby: Pose Player is an object mod, so it shouldn't be too much trouble. If you use CC, that tends to be the real culprit, because they tend to have higher polycounts.

@KJ: I agree. I think this topic should be sticky.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2012, 03:18:05 PM »
Sorry for the double post, but whichever moderator sticked this thread. Thank you for doing so. I think this is a good idea, to keep it sticky, so it doesn't get lost.  :) I would really like to know the person who did, so I can edit the original post, and thank the mod/administrator who made this thread sticky.

bshag

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2012, 08:47:53 PM »
Hi jenna, just thought I'd pop in and say thanks so much for the guide!  Even though I spent 3 hours last night wrestling with the cfg file, ::) I found out how easy it was to dl mods.  So far I've got MC, MC w/cheats, Relativity and Traveller.  I believe that's all for now, but wow, does it make a difference in gameplay. 

You can teach an old dog new tricks. ;D  Now all I have to do is teach salty...that may take awhile. ;)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2012, 04:34:10 PM »
Ok, I have finally decided to at least install a couple of the mods to make my game play better.  So far, I have made my folders and downloaded Winrar and the cfg file. It says in the instructions, to "save as" and put it in the mods folder.  When I click on the cfg file, there is no option to save as.  Can you drag and drop into that folder and then extract it?  I did try that and it made another folder, which I suppose it is suppose to do.  I am sort of lost at this point, lol.   :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2012, 06:03:53 PM »
Nevermind, I got it to extract and everything works.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2012, 12:42:10 AM »
You guys are very welcome! I'm so happy I can finally share the help and answer the questions on this family friendly site. I'm happy you guys can learn about mods, and get all the help you need. Modding my games have defiantly improved my Simming experience, even if I don't get to officially earn a spot in the HoF for our challenges we have on our forum. To me, even our most experienced mod users, can learn a thing or two, especially from such an awesome community, right?  :)

Even, I have to ask questions once in a while, and I've always had an aptitude with computers, and learned how to install mods immediately, long before I discovered this community! Yet I still had to ask questions on how to get started on the official TS3 Facebook page!

Offline Spork-tastic

• Immortal
  • Keeping it Spork Since 2011
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2012, 08:43:07 PM »
I got stuck on step 4. I downloaded Resources.cfg and placed it in the mods folder. I already have a program for unzipping folders. That's when I got really confused.

Edit: Never mind! Sorry! I FINALLY figured it out between multiple 5 minute breaks LOL.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2012, 03:02:47 AM »
If you already have an unzipper, you can use that.

Jeana -

On the website, you are downloading the mods from, (Nraas, modthesims.info), right click the rar or zip files and select "Save Target As..."

May I ask why? For me, at least, left clicking on the link to download suffices.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2012, 05:37:16 PM »
I'll try to type this best I can, with three fingers. But I am on vista, and for me at least, the drop down menu, will appear on when you right click something.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2012, 09:13:26 PM »
No, I mean, if I want to download the "OnlyVampireORPaparazziCanEatCake" file in the following screenshot, I'd need to left click on "Nona_CowPlant_Config_OnlyVampireORPaparazziCanEatCake.zip" link, instead of Right-Clicking, then choosing "Save Target As". I've always been able to, even back when I had my old, slow, desktop computer.

Offline SecretBoy

• The DreamStone Immortal Dynasty starring Christopher and Zelda Dreamstone!
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2012, 01:25:37 PM »
To be fair, I'm not a user of mods,but I might be in the future. Ctrl+F ing this page
{my blog to come soon}

Offline angelcat621

• Happy Cat Servant
  • Llama Wrangler
  • I'm still here everyone!
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2012, 12:40:42 PM »
I want to thank jeanamarie for making this guide about mods, and this site for opening up the Mods board. I've never used mods before in my life, but with the help of this guide I had them safely installed and running within 10 minutes. It was so easy! Yet I probably never would've had the courage to do it had I not run across this clearly written, jargon-free guide.

I particularly love the mods from Nraas; they include so much functionality that should've been included with the game, in my opinion (skill modifier and family tree repairer for the win!)
The cat is cryptic, and close to strange things which men cannot see. -H.P. Lovecraft 

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2012, 11:57:26 PM »
NRAAS, always saves the day! I had no idea what I would do without the help of twallan, as well as this forum, and discovering new mods, in such a family friendly atmosphere.

That being said, you're welcome, and as I said, glad I could help. I know I wouldn't like running into a not very nice atmosphere if I needed help with mods, and I know you wouldn't either.  :)

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2012, 11:40:21 PM »
I'm reinstalling my mods after deleting the entire Mods folder. I did this, but for some reason the mod isn't showing up in game:

Offline NonaMena

• Townie
    • Nona's Sims
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2012, 05:02:51 AM »
I'm reinstalling my mods after deleting the entire Mods folder. I did this, but for some reason the mod isn't showing up in game:

I'm having a hard time reading the text in your picture but it looks like your Resource.cfg is wrong. It should just be Resource.cfg. Do this:
1. Move that mods folder out to your Desktop or elsewhere.
2. Download this: http://chii.modthesims.info/FrameworkSetup.zip  -- This is the framework from ModTheSims
3. Unzip this FrameworkSetup.zip in your Sims Folder (just to be extra clear: /Users/<username>/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ ). This will add the Mods Folder, with the proper Resource.cfg file, as well as Mods\Packages, which includes a NoIntromod and a NoBuildSparkles mod.

Now, to test the Mods folder, start your game. If you have done this correctly, you will not see the EA intro video, with all the plumbobs etc. Your game will skip straight to the loading screen. If you do see the video, you probably didn't unzip the file to the right folder.

If you didn't see the video, shut down the game, and add StoryProgression (make sure you unzipped it properly) to your Mods\Packages folder. You can delete the NoIntro and NoBuildSparkles mods if you don't want them.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2012, 10:48:41 AM »
I'm having a hard time reading the text in your picture but it looks like your Resource.cfg is wrong. It should just be Resource.cfg. Do this:
1. Move that mods folder out to your Desktop or elsewhere.
2. Download this: http://chii.modthesims.info/FrameworkSetup.zip  -- This is the framework from ModTheSims
3. Unzip this FrameworkSetup.zip in your Sims Folder (just to be extra clear: /Users/<username>/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ ). This will add the Mods Folder, with the proper Resource.cfg file, as well as Mods\Packages, which includes a NoIntromod and a NoBuildSparkles mod.

Now, to test the Mods folder, start your game. If you have done this correctly, you will not see the EA intro video, with all the plumbobs etc. Your game will skip straight to the loading screen. If you do see the video, you probably didn't unzip the file to the right folder.

If you didn't see the video, shut down the game, and add StoryProgression (make sure you unzipped it properly) to your Mods\Packages folder. You can delete the NoIntro and NoBuildSparkles mods if you don't want them.

Thanks, I just have one question. How do you unzip something properly? I'm not that smart when it comes to mods.

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2012, 06:05:45 PM »
Thanks, I just have one question. How do you unzip something properly? I'm not that smart when it comes to mods.
Read the "Sims 3 Custom Content Basics" at ModTheSims:  http://nene.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_CC_Basics

Scroll down to the section "Zip, Rar, and 7z Files."

Offline Gin179

• Nooboo
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2013, 12:41:58 AM »
I'm computer illiterate when it comes to this sort of thing. My brother tried to set up master controller, cheats etc for me to fix the omni plant inventory issue. He followed the instructions to the letter but we can't get it to work. My Sims 3 is installed on my external hard drive, could this be affecting it? If so, any ideas for getting it to work?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2013, 02:39:44 AM »
Hi Gin, welcome to the forum. :)

Your external hard drive is most likely not the problem. The Mods are installed in your Documents folder, which is located on your C:\ Drive (ie, not on an external drive).

Was the issue that MasterController was not working? If so, check that your "Mods" folder has a "Packages" folder and a "resource.cfg" file inside of it, and that MasterController is inside of the Packages folder. If MasterController still does not work, and you're sure that you have at least the Base Mod installed, you may need to ask twallan directly at his wiki.

Offline hilldill

• Nooboo
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2013, 01:27:14 PM »
Silly question. Do I put the mods folder in the Sims 3 folder or just the Electronic Arts folder?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2013, 05:42:46 PM »
In The Sims 3 Folder. Basically, the Mods need to be inside the Mods folder, which is in the The Sims 3 folder, which is in the Electronic Arts folder. :)

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2013, 07:06:43 PM »
I appreciate this thread. I installed my FIRST mods last night, and the steps listed here helped guide me through it. I already see the difference and am pleased with the results. :D
Check out my new story here!

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2013, 05:25:14 PM »
I'm trying to install Twallen's NoCD. I'm using 7 zip. I'm really confused. Here's an image of my mods folder.

EDIT: I think I'll just delete the NoCD file and re-download as per your instructions.
EDIT(again): I'm going to delete the whole mods folder and wait for instructions. Because nothing is making any sense.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2013, 05:39:53 PM »
I'm not familiar with 7Zip, but you have to extract the package from the .zip folder using 7Zip. However that is done. After that, the NoCD package goes into the Packages folder.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2013, 05:42:38 PM »
I don't understand how you extract a file with it. I click "Open With..." and select 7 Zip, but it doesn't do anything except change the icon.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2013, 06:15:55 PM »
With 7-Zip, you need to right click on it, hover over the "7-Zip..." option, then click "Extract to "NRaas_NoCD/"". :)

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2013, 06:23:45 PM »
Which one do you hover over? NoCD or 7-Zip?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2013, 06:26:49 PM »
Which one do you hover over? NoCD or 7-Zip?

Right click on NoCD. Then you choose 7-Zip from the menu, not Open With.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2013, 06:30:26 PM »
7-Zip isn't on the menu.
EDIT: You can go to "Open With" on the menu, and from there to 7-Zip. But I get the feeling that it doesn't do the same thing.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2013, 06:36:08 PM »
7-Zip isn't on the menu.
EDIT: You can go to "Open With" on the menu, and from there to 7-Zip. But I get the feeling that it doesn't do the same thing.

OK then, try the Windows 7 inbuilt unzipper. Right click the NoCD zip file, and select "Extract All". Follow the instructions (really, all you should need to do is press OK) and you should be good to go.

* Disclaimer: Only works for .zip files. .rar and .7z won't work. :)

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2013, 06:38:50 PM »
I don't have Windows 7. I have Vista. I'm going to try Winzip.
EDIT: Winzip did the trick! Whoop, Whoop!

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2013, 01:06:37 AM »
I don't know if I should ask this here or not but I couldn't find a thread about it. I'm thinking about installing the Nraas Story Progression mod. If I decide I don't like it or want to take it out of my game, how would do this?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2013, 01:24:07 AM »
If you don't want it, just go into your package folder and right click on "nrass master controller" and hit delete. 

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2013, 01:52:36 AM »
If you don't want it, just go into your package folder and right click on "nrass master controller" and hit delete.

Except that should be delete Nraas_StoryProgression. :)

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2013, 02:35:45 AM »
So does this mean that I have to have Master Controller to use Story Progression?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2013, 03:41:00 AM »
So does this mean that I have to have Master Controller to use Story Progression?

No, Salty just misread your post. :) You don't need Master Controller for Story Progression.

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2013, 05:30:40 AM »
Oh, okay. Thanks for the help everybody! :)

Offline supervamp78

• Nooboo
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2013, 05:04:44 PM »
Ok how updated should my base game before this works?

Offline Gulliver the cat!

• Townie
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2013, 11:13:08 PM »

Probably patch 1.57.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2013, 07:08:31 AM »

The latest. Always the latest patch. So right now, 1.57.

Offline Jamie

• Occult
Re: Creating a Mods Folder/Installing Mods Step by Step Guide
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2013, 09:24:12 AM »
Does the file have to be called "Package." or can it be just "Package"?

Offline rodeo199

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2013, 11:13:44 AM »
I did it with "Package" and it worked perfectly.

Offline mallory419

• Nooboo
Furniture not showing up in game?
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2013, 02:21:16 PM »
Do I still install Sims 3 CC Furniture in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages or is that just for clothes? I've been saving it in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves and it isn't showing up in the game.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2013, 02:34:25 PM »
Any packages can go into the Packages folder. They won't get installed into the game when they're in the Saves folder.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline lim23

• Nooboo
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2013, 02:28:52 AM »
hello, may i get your answer here for my teribble sims 3 issue.
first thing i download no mosaic (uncensored package) thing into the program files/electronic arts/the sims 3/ mods/ packages. it also have resource.cfg on it in program files/electronic arts/the sims 3 after i extracted the .rar. then i opened the sims 3 and it worked with the package inside.

then, the terrible thing begin when i downloaded packages from the modthesims and extracted it all into program files/electronic arts/the sims 3/ mods/ package but not in my documents and i'm also not sure if the mod packages are for the sims 3/2 because i think they are all for the sims 3. then i opened up my the sims 3 launcer and it said not working.

i hope i get the answer here for the solution problem. thanks anyway for the thread.

Offline AMermaidHi

• Nooboo
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2013, 08:47:12 PM »
Wait! What about for Mac?!

Offline ssaff

• Nooboo
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2014, 02:58:43 AM »
Step 3:
Under that folder, create another new folder, and name it "Package." This is where you download your Sims3package files.
- Thanks JMx3 for your lucid and detailed step-by-step; however, I'm confused by "Package", as "Packages" is cited as being very particular, according to
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/217955.page
As my "system" is only 32 bit and needs culling -
without having to spend weeks & weeks
I'd really like to know the correct syntax:
Packages / Package
Hope This Helps similar newbies... Hardware / System Upgrade pending
Thanks again for your Post - V.Helpful in any case.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2014, 03:14:21 AM »
Packages. That's been there for a while, so I'll go ahead and correct it. :) Welcome to the forum.

AMermaidHi, welcome to the forum. :) These instructions should still work for Mac. Just make sure that the Mods folder is in the same folder as your Saves and Downloads folders. :)

And lim23, welcome to the forum. :) Your issue would be better off in a new thread in the Game Modifications board. :)

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2014, 10:26:30 AM »
There is a problem here. At Step 4 when I click on the "Resource cfg file", a message pops up which says,

"403
Forbidden

If you wish to report this error page, please contact the website owner.

If you are the website owner: It is possible you have reached this page because the server has been misconfigured. If you were not expecting to see this page, please contact your hosting provider. If you do not know who your hosting provider is, you may be able to look it up by Googling "whois"and your domain name. This will tell you who your IP is registered to. "

What is going on here? By the way, I bought a new laptop with Windows 8.1 installed and this is the first time I am playing Sims 3 in a year.

I am confused. Please advise! Thanks!

:'(

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2014, 03:47:43 PM »
When are you getting the 403 error message?
I just went and followed the link in step 4 and clicked the download link on that page and it downloaded with no problems.

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2014, 06:09:37 PM »
When are you getting the 403 error message?
I just went and followed the link in step 4 and clicked the download link on that page and it downloaded with no problems.

When I clicked on the link. I really am not to sure what is going on here.

:-X

Dellena

« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2014, 06:43:49 PM »
Which browser are you using?

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2014, 08:05:44 PM »
Let's try this. Here is a link to a different download for it. Resource.cfg
If that one doesn't work either thy this one. Resource.cfg

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2014, 11:58:32 PM »
Let's try this. Here is a link to a different download for it. Resource.cfg
If that one doesn't work either thy this one. Resource.cfg

Thanks! The first link you provided worked!

Offline NoNoNoYes

• Nooboo
« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2014, 04:13:05 PM »
Ugh.. I know there may be something already posted in this somewhere but I cant find it. I got a new computer some time back - MAINLY because I wanted to play this game without the stuttering and slowmotion of my old laptop. It's a Dell XPS 127, FULLY LOADED with enough EVERYTHING to run 4 copies of this game without a hiccup.

OS Windows 8 Pro
2 TB Sata 6BS Hard drive + 32 GB Sata solid state drive BP
IntelCore I7 4770s CPU 3.10 GHZ
16 GB Ram, 64 BT X 64 processor
NVIDEA G Force GT 750 2GB DDR5 with TPM V1.2 and Thunderbolt

I had this game loaded on here once and fully operational WITH the FULL NRAS (all mods) and it was working flawlessly. Until this very pricey TURD dropped it's motherboard. You can imagine my dismay. Well Dell sent someone to replace it, I had to reload everything. I RE downloaded my full digital set up to Seasons, and then went to the process of re installing my CC beginning with the Master Controller. However, the minute I added the package files the game crashed out at the screen you would normally be entering the sims Home.. IE it goes through the entire loading screen process then dumps.  If I remove all NRAS items (leaving the no sparkle and intro) it loads and plays. I can't play this game without my beloved Mods.. I want to hurl this computer out a window right about now.. HELP.

Dellena

« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2014, 05:14:27 PM »
Are you installing the Nraas mods that are update to date and appropriate for your patch level?

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2014, 03:41:50 PM »
I just tried the resource cfg link and it doesn't work. How do I proceed? I'm trying the NoCD mod right now if that helps.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2014, 01:10:21 AM »
Hi Lisa,

Try the first link Grimsoul posted. =

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,9187.msg365809.html#msg365809

Mouse over the word Resource.cfg, right click - Save As. Then save it into your Mods folder.

I hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2014, 12:36:54 PM »
Thanks! Just got it installed again.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2014, 04:01:58 PM »
Another slightly simplified copy of these instructions that helped me a lot...

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/How+to+Install

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #93 on: December 24, 2014, 01:01:09 AM »
Just as a note, the site that jeana had originally linked has moved (or removed) their copy of resource.cfg. I uploaded a copy to my dropbox, which shouldn't ever be moved.

Offline jadsiasun

• Nooboo
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2016, 11:17:44 AM »
I have followed these steps to the letter, so far. But when I get to this step, I'm confused. When I download the file, it shows up as a document, not a Resource.cfg folder. There's nothing to extract, so I'm not sure how to continue...

"You will need to download the Resource cfg file. Right click Save As, into the Mods folder. Extract the newly installed file, to activate it. You will need to move the newly extracted cfg file, out of the Resource folder, to the Mods one. If you get an error, remove the old resource file, then change the folder to another name. Copy the cfg file, and paste it onto the Mods folder. Remove renamed folder (formally Resource) from that same Mods folder."

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2016, 11:34:50 AM »
I wasn't able to get the resource file from drop box. As I don't have an account there.

---> See the attached zip file at the bottom of of the 1st post in this thread.

It's a zipped file. Save it to the desktop and unzip it by double-clicking the file. Right-click and select open on the folder it creates. Right-click on the Resourse.cfg file and select Copy then Paste it into the Mods folder.

-- C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2016, 05:58:03 PM »
@ Jadsiasun : Resource.cfg is a document, not a folder, but some sites must have it compressed for downloading (like on MrsFlynn's post's link). So if it isn't compressed, like from the link in your post, just save the file to the Mods folder, don't try extracting.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2016, 06:35:24 PM »
I wasn't able to get the resource file from drop box. As I don't have an account there.

An account isn't necessary - there is a cross in the top right of the "Sign up to Dropbox" box, you dismiss it and it lets you direct download the file :)