Author Topic: Artie's Lunar Lunacy  (Read 408503 times)

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
Re: Artie's Lunar Lunacy (New Chapter: The Meeting )
« Reply #1215 on: December 07, 2012, 02:25:15 PM »
You are making me work for this! Your many dynasties are gonna be a chore to keep up with... But no complaints! A wonderful punishment indeed for loving your mind...
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Offline Sarabi

• Townie
« Reply #1216 on: December 10, 2012, 01:07:43 PM »
Better late than never?

HUGE hearty congrats on completion, and thanks for the wonderfully entertaining story.  It's clear that you didn't spare any time, talent, or creativity in constructing this magnificent work!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #1217 on: December 11, 2012, 09:40:29 AM »
Congratulations Rica! I haven't commented much along the way but I'd been reading this attempt from the start. I love all your characters, it's rare in a story that I can't work out who my favourite is! Off to go read your life states dynasty now, congrats again!

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #1218 on: December 14, 2012, 01:08:08 PM »
A little late, but: Congrats!
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #1219 on: December 21, 2012, 03:23:37 AM »
*Whew* OK, I've finished catching up so that I can bestow upon you a much deserved batch of, well *confetti* of course!

I'm so excited you finished your dynasty, I'm doing a happy dance.

Now, on to read the life state race, hoorah!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #1220 on: December 25, 2012, 09:39:14 PM »
I've only just started reading, but congratulations! Also (I'm on Gen 4 at the moment) Amon! From Legend of Korra! Was that your inspiration for the name, or was it just random?
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1221 on: December 30, 2012, 12:35:59 AM »
I've only just started reading, but congratulations! Also (I'm on Gen 4 at the moment) Amon! From Legend of Korra! Was that your inspiration for the name, or was it just random?

Legend of Korra reference was kind of a bonus.  I didn't realize it was spelled the same until after it had been done.  I literally had a name of all gods that started with A from various generations to use.  Amon is Egyptian so I was using it because it worked in my backwards alphabet strategy.  If you notice, Artie's name actually comes last alphabetically which meant each new immortal/heir was on the top of the list for portraits/sculptures/cake and it was easier to find them amongst all their family members/friends.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #1222 on: December 30, 2012, 08:16:55 PM »
Since you mentioned on the Immortal Dynasty thread that you were lucky that all your immortals until Airica were dudes due to Prim and Jules taking their sweet time with death, was that a deliberate decision or were you just extra-lucky that way?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1223 on: December 30, 2012, 09:18:07 PM »
Since you mentioned on the Immortal Dynasty thread that you were lucky that all your immortals until Airica were dudes due to Prim and Jules taking their sweet time with death, was that a deliberate decision or were you just extra-lucky that way?

At first I wanted all boys but only one was the result of apples.   I was lucky in a way.  I had wanted an all male dynasty at one point that way if something did go wrong, it would make things easier plus I would have been the only one to do it up until SimBlip's Centauri Dynasty.  Adrasteia was actually the result of watermelons though because I decided to give Airica her wish. 

If I do it again.. I might try to do all boys again because of that possibility. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #1224 on: January 03, 2013, 02:35:46 PM »
Just wondering . . .
How did you coordinate the plot twist with Reka and Anita? Did Reka die first, and you duplicated the game and played out the rivalry with Anita for storytelling purposes, or did the events happen in the same order they did in the story?
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1225 on: January 03, 2013, 02:57:36 PM »
Anita actually came to Reka & Aker's birthday.  She was a townie that randomly showed up because everyone in the Grim house had Legendary Host.  Reka just never made happy faces at her and at first I thought it was funny.  Then a few Sim days later, Reka died while I was trying to get Aker's portrait.  I then decided that I wanted the bow girl as the next wife and decided to go with that.  Pictures were mostly taken because at the time it was hilarious that Reka was having such a reaction.  I never suspected that she would die.   

In the end though if Prim had been long lived once again, Reka still wouldn't have been the mother of generation 7. 

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #1226 on: January 03, 2013, 03:03:36 PM »
Anita actually came to Reka & Aker's birthday.  She was a townie that randomly showed up because everyone in the Grim house had Legendary Host.  Reka just never made happy faces at her and at first I thought it was funny.  Then a few Sim days later, Reka died while I was trying to get Aker's portrait.  I then decided that I wanted the bow girl as the next wife and decided to go with that.  Pictures were mostly taken because at the time it was hilarious that Reka was having such a reaction.  I never suspected that she would die.   

In the end though if Prim had been long lived once again, Reka still wouldn't have been the mother of generation 7.

Wow, it's a stroke of luck that you took pictures and were able to formulate a storyline around Reka's death! And, of course, that Anita was on hand as the next spouse. I applaud your storytelling skills!

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #1227 on: May 28, 2013, 01:14:59 PM »
I know its past the 60 days limit but Rica I just had to say OMG!!! This was such an awesome story and super congrats on HoF! I have been trying for the last 5 months to get the last 4 pages to load so I could finish this and my dodgy internet only decided to be good today... But it was sooo worth it because you my dear are a master storyteller! Thank you for the entire Artie legacy from the first attempt til now!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1228 on: May 28, 2013, 05:19:03 PM »
Thank you very very much Mags.   Artie's story is far from over especially with the race going on between Reka and Airica right now.  He's my go to guy for testing all new EPs that come out and if we can have red Sims, he'll probably be my first Sim in Sims 4, too. 

I appreciate the comment and the fact that you read the story.  It means a lot to me. 

Offline ToniSimbot

• Llama Wrangler
  • We shall take over SimNation with fire and blood
    • Simblr (beware spoilers)
« Reply #1229 on: May 30, 2013, 04:44:13 AM »
It took me a solid two weeks to read through the whole thing and it was soo worth it! This and your new story are pretty much the reason I joined the forum instead of just lurking. Congrats for Artie!!
Current Story: Vesta's Reward

anything