Author Topic: Artie's Lunar Lunacy  (Read 404522 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Artie's Lunar Lunacy (New Chapter: Horses Talk too!)
« Reply #615 on: August 03, 2012, 08:57:59 AM »
Umm. Rica? When you picked the name, did you consider the likelihood that she would end up being Prim Grim? Or was that on purpose?
Totally on purpose.  My sister and I used to call Amon "Prim's Grim" before he was born because I literally didn't pick out his name until the screen was in front of me.  I think I stared at that little window forever.  I'm actually surprised no Korra fans have come out to say something. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Artie's Lunar Lunacy (New Chapter: Horses Talk too!)
« Reply #616 on: August 03, 2012, 02:51:38 PM »
You are going to have so much fun with equestrienne!  Just make sure you queue Alegra up to "run around" a lot.  By the way, the horses can skill themselves in racing and jumping.  You just queue them up to either jump or race around the training track by themselves and they reach THEIR level super fast.  Then it's a matter of Amon doing a lot of reading to reach his level, then a bit of practice and voila!  I love the color of Alegra!  I didn't know you could choose a color like that.

Amon and Prim are so adorable I think they will make a wonderful couple and produce gorgeous nooboos.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #617 on: August 03, 2012, 02:54:49 PM »
Yeah it's too bad Amon only gets to have one child.  I may have to take him and Prim into an alternate life to see how cute they could be together.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #618 on: August 03, 2012, 03:10:44 PM »
Of course she'll have him, how could she resist that manly chest? Hahaha, I hope she takes him, they are so beautiful...imagine a combination of them...

By samoht04

SimBlip

« Reply #619 on: August 03, 2012, 05:54:46 PM »
All up to date now! Wow, what a story! Mind blowing! And you're right up there with Ratchie and Juxt in the hall of comedy.  :)
I have a question. That museum (which you show very little off) is filled with masterpieces? Like, every single piece is a masterpiece?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #620 on: August 03, 2012, 05:58:11 PM »
There is only one non-masterpiece painting, but all of the ice sculptures are masterpieces.  The photos are all the large size but some of them never appreciated in a manner that I thought they would so while some are quite large monetarily, others aren't so much.  I just took a tally of how my museum is doing and I don't think I'll ever reach yours and ratchie's scores but then again, you never know either.  Photos can't be masterpieces but there are some pictures that are worth more than others.

Thank you so much for reading by the way.  All pictures of the current museum are somewhere near Generation 6's teen cycle.  I promised Thomas I would show them and this is a promise I'm making to all my readers.

SimBlip

« Reply #621 on: August 03, 2012, 06:31:05 PM »
Dear Ricalynn,
I found that ice sculptures make up the bulk of the final museum value. For some reason rather, these works of art increase far quicker in value than paintings. The highest value of an ice sculpture in the Centauri museum was just over $60,000 (generation four). That was a masterpiece, but most others were just brilliant. So keep faith! Every painting I had was a masterpiece, but with all your ice sculptures being masterpieces, you will pull your score over the $2,000,000 mark for sure (and quite easily, I would have thought). I wish, I knew the secret to masterpiece ice sculptures like you do.
As you know, I did not do photography in my challenge. But listen to this: If you take a pic of, say, a toddler with a tiny bit of a real gnome, or a life plant, or a relic collection, even a gem, in it... there are chances that the 'portrait' registers as far mor than just 'my child' or 'my friend' etc. I've never tested how that would work abroad. Can you imagine? A portrait being worth what the dragon cave is worth?
Also, to make more masterpiece paintings, change the size of your paintings regularly. Make, say, four small paintings (normal mode) than do four large portraits in a row. I vow, you'll get more masterpieces that way.
One other thing, my founder did painting and sculpting from the beginning, but at generation four or five, the spouses - which all did what yours were doing - could not match the value of his pieces anymore - not even with the death bonus. Me thinks, your most talented immortal painter and/or sculptor should now paint/sculpt as much as possible to boost the initial value of their work. It keeps on going up and up!
In case you did not notice, I really want you to do well. Errm, correction, I want you to excel! ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #622 on: August 03, 2012, 06:43:05 PM »
Actually, it's against the rules to take a picture of something that is not the Sim involved.   So taking a picture of a Sim and it registering as anything not a Sim is invalid.  I can't take a picture of a Gnome or the Dragon Cave.   Although I did have a picture that when it traveled, failed to appreciate properly and it's one of my lower ones. 

And yes I know I screwed up on the painting but I'm hoping to correct that with some serious use of a moodlet manager since traveling is no longer an option for me.  Or not until I install my new RAM anyway.    When it is your turn to do another dynasty, I encourage you to PM me and I will tell a secret that I'm betting you wish you had known before!  ;D

Thanks again for your support.  Yes I'm going for the highest score possible but I'm also going for completion because if anyone deserves to not do this again.. it's Artie.

SimBlip

« Reply #623 on: August 03, 2012, 07:00:10 PM »
Aw, my bad, I did not know that. Thank Plumbob, I did not include photography in my dynasty.
OH! Sorry to hear you won't travel anymore.
Thanks so much for the invite to PM you! I will do, before I start. It may take a little while. I'm reading up on the stories of people who replied to my thread at the moment.
As for your last remark, I'm in total agreement. Artie glows!  ;D

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: Artie's Lunar Lunacy (New Chapter: Prim Makes a Move)
« Reply #624 on: August 03, 2012, 10:28:47 PM »

Prim: "So I hear the Prom is coming up on Tuesday at the school."
Amon: "Yeah I heard that too."
Prim: "I think you should take me since I'm the new kid in school."
Amon: "And why should I take you?"

Amon: "Ok good enough reason."

Amon: "I know we've been doing this sculpting thing nonstop for a couple of days now and we're best friends. Not to mention you're my prom date so how about we.. you know.. make it all official like?"
Prim: "Alright.  You're my boyfriend until you die or someone better comes along."

Rica: "Don't hurt yourself."
Alegra: "I'm just going to see the real Horse Ranch you put in town."
Rica: "Have fun.  I think you'll like it.  It might even work better if you live there."
Alegra: "That's what I was thinking."

Prim: "I don't understand why you can't wear your formal."
Amon: "Why should I?"
Rica: "Be glad he's not in his swimsuit.  You're welcome.  Have a good time.  Remember the party is at 10."

And we have Prom King and Prom Queen.  My streak lives on!

Rica: "Oh good you made it to the cake before you aged up in the middle of the road."
Saffron: "Happy Birthday sweetheart!"

Prim: -through clenched teeth- "How bad is it?"
Amon: -gasp-
Rica: "I almost like it but I think no."
Rica's Sister: "Give her a braid!"
Rica: "Exactly.  How about a braid?"

I think there is a family resemblance.  I'm not sure though.

Rica: "Very nice.  All very well suited for a future World Surgeon."
Prim: "Naturally.  Plus this means if Amon gets out of line with any of those floosies I met at Prom, I can give them experimental pills."
Rica: "Are you sure you don't have the hidden evil trait?"

Next Chapter

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #625 on: August 03, 2012, 11:41:48 PM »
Oh, it's hardly evil to understand the sort of line from which Amon springs. Anyway, she ended up a very pretty sim indeed.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

SimBlip

« Reply #626 on: August 04, 2012, 04:37:01 AM »
Prim: "Alright.  You're my boyfriend until you die or someone better comes along."
She had me in a fit of giggles!

Offline OhMyZeus

• Llama Wrangler
    • Fruity Zeus for Life!
Artie's Lunar Lunacy (New Chapter: Prim Makes a Move)
« Reply #627 on: August 04, 2012, 06:45:05 AM »

Saffron look just like her mom and grandma
The Floss Immortal Dynasty Updated 30th July 2012

Fruity Zeus for Life!

If money does not grow on trees, then why do banks have branches?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #628 on: August 04, 2012, 06:50:25 AM »

Saffron look just like her mom and grandma

I don't think we have ever seen Saffron's mum I think you mean that Primrose looks like her mum and grandma.(Saffron and Rosemary)

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline OhMyZeus

• Llama Wrangler
    • Fruity Zeus for Life!
« Reply #629 on: August 04, 2012, 08:37:38 AM »
I don't think we have ever seen Saffron's mum I think you mean that Primrose looks like her mum and grandma.(Saffron and Rosemary)

Rachel

I keep getting thinks wrong I meant Prim
The Floss Immortal Dynasty Updated 30th July 2012

Fruity Zeus for Life!

If money does not grow on trees, then why do banks have branches?