Author Topic: Artie's Lunar Lunacy  (Read 404454 times)

SimBlip

Re: Artie's Lunar Lunacy (New Chapter: Gen 5 Finale & Land Renovation)
« Reply #735 on: August 24, 2012, 06:42:58 PM »
With all thou respect, Samoth04, I know French incense can be obtained in the Consignment Store. I was referring to Egyptian and Chinese incense. It's there, before Ares becomes a YA.
I'm asking, because I'd like to know, whether it's ok to access the WA catalogue for such items before travelling.
My founder could do with a tent, right now. (Just so, he can sleep on the beach.) Are we allowed to unlock the WA catalogue, or not?

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #736 on: August 24, 2012, 06:45:09 PM »

Aw, Aker looks great! Very handsome. I was really tempted to put Vex in a cupid outfit for irony/adorableness. It works well on Aker. The tents in their matching sim colors also look great.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #737 on: August 24, 2012, 07:19:36 PM »
With all thou respect, Samoth04, I know French incense can be obtained in the Consignment Store. I was referring to Egyptian and Chinese incense. It's there, before Ares becomes a YA.
I'm asking, because I'd like to know, whether it's ok to access the WA catalogue for such items before travelling.
My founder could do with a tent, right now. (Just so, he can sleep on the beach.) Are we allowed to unlock the WA catalogue, or not?

Buydebug is banned from the challenge.  I just looked and you're right I had an egyptian one and a chinese one.  I can't remember that long ago so I'm assuming I either got them via consignment or another means.  I wouldn't have any idea how though at this point.  The childhood of Ares was a very long time ago and before I had to move due to divorce. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

SimBlip

« Reply #738 on: August 24, 2012, 07:52:05 PM »
I don't understand what you are saying. Only French incense can be otained from the consignment store. So, by what other means could you get the Egyptian or Chinese incense from before Ares grew up? I do not understand why you talk of divorce. Surely. Artie was true to his wife?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #739 on: August 24, 2012, 07:56:15 PM »
I don't understand what you are saying. Only French incense can be otained from the consignment store. So, by what other means could you get the Egyptian or Chinese incense from before Ares grew up? I do not understand why you talk of divorce. Surely. Artie was true to his wife?

Is it possible to get the incense via time travel, miner holes or dimensional gate?  Those are the other ways I can think of that possibly would have gotten one. 

Artie was true to his wife.  My husband was not true to me.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

SimBlip

« Reply #740 on: August 24, 2012, 08:24:54 PM »
Time travel, miner holes or a dimensional gate, do not bring Egyptian or Chinese incense to the table.
If buydebug is banned, I cannot see how you got those incense varieties so early on.
Forget about it, Ricalynn. Go for the best score ever. I will you to do it. So, do your grims!

Offline accioxheart

• Nooboo
« Reply #741 on: August 24, 2012, 09:07:46 PM »
Okay, so I'm intervening because I absolutely do not think Rica cheated at all. First of all, isn't that kind of a ridiculous rule to break if you are gonna break a rule? Incense doesn't do much other than provide a moodlet. Second, I never purchase it when I travel, and I don't use the consignment store and somehow I've ended up with all three incenses before. There are so many possibilities on where I could have got them, they could've been in a sims inventory when said sim moved in, maybe they are stolen little things that a criminal would take home from work, it couldve come home from work from any job actually, I don't know, that's the point, and yet I somehow always manage to end up with one or two, and I swear I've never had a sim purchase one before. I think it could've easily been time travel or a miner honestly. And I think it's kind of rude to accuse Rica of that with pretty much zero proof.
Sorry if that came off as a kind of rant but I think Artie is awesome and this story is amazing and seeing it fail for something really really silly like Rica not remembering where an incense holder came from, is ridiculous.
:) <3 you guyss.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #742 on: August 24, 2012, 10:36:32 PM »
I think I also had a Chinese incense burner before traveling. Darned if I remember where I got it, though - I'm guessing either the consignment store or a miner.

The remodel is.... I think "drastic" is the word I'm after? I like the tents, though! That's actually an awesome idea.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

thesweetestpea

« Reply #743 on: August 24, 2012, 10:43:51 PM »
It can be done, I've had them before without traveling. I know they appear when sims move in, and I think it's possible to get them via Transfigurification, but I may be totally wrong about that. The French one can be gotten from the consignment store (I only have a million in my gem collector's file) and I think I actually have a Chinese one also which came from there. Miners can pull all kinds of junk, and that's probably where they actually came from. Cantankerous has one and that's the only place she could have gotten it, she pretty much mines and hacks 24/7.

SimBlip

« Reply #744 on: August 25, 2012, 07:20:50 AM »
Okay, so I'm intervening because I absolutely do not think Rica cheated at all. First of all, isn't that kind of a ridiculous rule to break if you are gonna break a rule? ... And I think it's kind of rude to accuse Rica of that with pretty much zero proof.
Sorry if that came off as a kind of rant but I think Artie is awesome and this story is amazing and seeing it fail for something really really silly like Rica not remembering where an incense holder came from, is ridiculous."
:) <3 you guyss.

Accioxheart, I think you are taking this way out of proportion!
I did not accuse Rica of cheating. I asked a question. And I think I had a right to ask it, since there is a picture of all three kinds of incense when Ares is a child. Ricalynn confirmed this and told me buydebug is banned.
I, personally, have never ever obtained Chinese and Egytian incense without travel. But, since many of you claim that it is possible, I now accept it must be so.
You seem to suggest that I want this challenge to fail, Accioxheart, and that is preposterous. Rica and I have exchanged tips via PM. I've given her viable information about my completed dynasty. I actually hope Rica will top my score by a mile, and she knows that!

Offline accioxheart

• Nooboo
« Reply #745 on: August 25, 2012, 04:07:39 PM »
Time travel, miner holes or a dimensional gate, do not bring Egyptian or Chinese incense to the table.
If buydebug is banned, I cannot see how you got those incense varieties so early on.
Forget about it, Ricalynn. Go for the best score ever. I will you to do it. So, do your grims!

I apologize SimBlip, I could've very well taken this the completely wrong way but that comment just came off as rude. I did not mean to accuse you of wanting the challenge to fail. Just as I'm sure you didn't mean to accuse Rica of cheating.

Offline Enchanted81

• Townie
« Reply #746 on: August 25, 2012, 08:32:06 PM »
I love the new setup Rica, you're doing wonderful with Artie's story!
Feel free to add me on Origin & the Sims 3 site: Enchanted81

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: Artie's Lunar Lunacy (New Chapter: Setting Up for the Future)
« Reply #747 on: August 27, 2012, 10:58:57 PM »
I want to thank everyone for sticking up for me.   SimBlip I know it wasn't your attention but in a way when it happened, it kind of felt like you were trying to say I cheated and I honestly couldn't figure out how to explain that I know I hadn't without knowing exactly where I got the burners.  I also know that you want me to do well because we have shared PMs.  I'm thankful for all your support and the support of everyone else.  It took me a few more days to get back into a Simming mood.  I signed into TOR and beat up some jedi and then switched sides and beat up some Sith and now I feel a ton better.  :D

By the way - Aker is the most boring Grim yet.   I have him constantly in front of an easel just trying to push out some painting numbers and hopefully spawn some painting opps but it's been really slow going.   This is my way of saying there just aren't that many pictures other than story ones because I can only show you guys his paintings so often.

Again Thank you all for reading and I can't wait to finally get to the interesting part for y'all.

Rica: Not sure what scares me more.  The fact that they have the same face or the fact that the younger one is thinking about wedding cake.
Prim: "Are you sure that's the face you want?"
Aker: "There's nothing wrong with this face.  Gman Apollo is doing it."
Prim: "Are you sure that's the face you want?"
Rica: "Meh.  I only care if it comes out a masterpiece. "

Graduation Day!  Reka was voted Most Artistic.  She only spent most of her child and teenhood chained to an easel or sculpting station so I don't know where they got that from.

Aker was Valedictorian (woot!) and voted Most Likely to Offend Others.  This is starting to become a trend.  I wonder if I should be worried.

Aker: "Hello pretty kitty.  Do you want a scooby snak?"
Rica: "I'm not even going to ask how you know about scooby snaks."
Stray Cat: "You're number 6 right?"
Aker: "And what if I am."
Stray Cat: "You may have angel wings on but you're the one who could screw it all up. Just remember -"

Paperboy: "Mister are you talking to the cat or is the cat talking to you?"
Stray Cat that reminds me of Bigglesworth: "Mrow."
Aker: "You have really bad timing, kid."
Stray Cat: -snickers and runs away-

Having a son who is a young adult is no reason to act old apparently.  He was a slow starter but Amon gets daily wishes to be with his wife in more ways than one.

Aker: "Why did I just become a cop?"
Rica: "We're still trying to supermax photography even though I said we weren't and we need a police car."
Aker: "Riiiight.  Ok."
Rica: "And you'll meet new people eventually so you have your friend requirement."
Aker: "And of course if I got an opportunity or two, it wouldn't be a bad thing right?"
Rica: "Exactly!  Glad you see it my way."

Rica: "You know I remember watching her die.  Why hasn't anyone cleaned up her body?"
Aker: "You watched who die?"
Rica: "Those ashes are poor Doris Blevin.  She was Jules' boss and she died right after he got a promotion from her."
Aker: "So you killed her by thinking a promotion was more important than dinner."
Rica: "That's just cold. "

Aker: "Hey look who grew up."
Vera Hyman: "I graduated with you."
Aker: "You wouldn't happen to be single would you?"
Vera: "I am but you're not."
Rica: "Psst.  Plus we have no room in the house and that other thing."
Aker: "What other thing.."

Rica: "..Her mom is a vampire so she probably will be too."
Aker: "So what are my choices?"
Rica: "You have to bring in Generation 7 after your mother dies and the other person has to live in the house with you."
Aker: "Does that mean I can propose to her?"
Rica: "It's weird and creepy but yes if you want."

And so he did.. Weird boy.  Got the wish right after he autonomously started flirting with Vera. 

Guess we're gonna have a wedding and I can't believe it but it's going to be the very last one.

Next Chapter

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #748 on: August 28, 2012, 06:11:37 AM »
Aww, the last wedding! Such a sentimental time. I'm sure it will be perfectly lovely!

By samoht04

SimBlip

« Reply #749 on: August 28, 2012, 08:13:08 AM »
Naughty Aker for, ahem, testing the waters with Vera. By the way, I think her mum's hair is super cute.
Hip hip hooray for your engagement, Reka and Aker!
The last wedding... such a defining moment in the challenge. This is very exciting indeed!   :D