Author Topic: Artie's Lunar Lunacy  (Read 404381 times)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: Artie's Lunar Lunacy (New Chapter: Birthday Confrontation)
« Reply #780 on: September 03, 2012, 01:28:45 PM »
OMG!!! Rica!! LOL The paper boy scene had me rolling!!! "was it something I said" ... that was priceless. I love your update. Keep em coming.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
« Reply #781 on: September 03, 2012, 06:06:57 PM »
Reka changed back?  :o
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #782 on: September 03, 2012, 06:22:24 PM »
Reka changed back?  :o

Imaginary Friends (IFs) made real have the option to return to their toy form but they're still a part of the family.  They also do the strut still as well if you want them to. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

SimBlip

« Reply #783 on: September 03, 2012, 06:24:38 PM »
Is it just me? Or have others noticed too that World Renowned Surgeons seem to live longer?
I had a spouse of that profession in the Centauri Dynasty and she lived until the ripe age of 126.
This episode is full of wit and humour. Very clever and very enjoyable!  ;D

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #784 on: September 03, 2012, 06:54:11 PM »
Great Update Rica! I honestly have no idea about what drama will unfurl next, although knowing the Grims it's going to be interesting and slightly insane.  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline MissMaths

• Townie
  • Please call me Alice - it is my name, after all...
« Reply #785 on: September 03, 2012, 09:43:40 PM »
Why Oh Why have I not posted in the near past (or at all?) I've been reading, I promise, but posting kind of... got lost.
ANYway, The Most Incredible plotline ever, so incredible that it requires capitalization to do it justice. Reka really freaks me out (mind you, so do IFs in general. It's purple or blue hair in human form, and the bauble on their head in toy form. *shudder*) and I really really really want to know where this is going. But of course, that's the good side to being about five pages behind when it comes to reading. No cliffhangers to contend with.
Congrats to Artie, Ares, Apollo, Angus and Amon on immortality. RIP to Alexander, Patricia, Buzz, Cheyenne, Dakota, Jules, Rosemary, Saffron, Adrianna, Tama, and to anyone else that I've missed, and to Mr. Bigglesworth, Bella, Baxtor, Bubba, Barkley, Beowulf, Bronte, Bridget and Alegra, and to paparazzi and people who died at parties. (Please please please please tell me that's everyone...) Loving Athena's colouring, laughing at the continuous cloning glitch and anticipating the next update eagerly! :)

Oh yeah, I remember what you said about Alegra meaning beautiful in Italian Rica, I don't do Italian but I do speak Latin, and Alegra sounds like Allegro, which means (to put it simply) fast - it's used in music. That's what I like to think the name means. :D

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #786 on: September 03, 2012, 10:36:43 PM »
My brain is coming up with "joyful" for Allegro/a - yes, used to indicate a fairly quick tempo in music.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: Artie's Lunar Lunacy (New Chapter: Death by Butt Fire)
« Reply #787 on: September 04, 2012, 01:27:26 AM »
Rica: "Will you just do something funny so we can get your portrait done already?  I'm done being in tab mode."
Aker: "I'm not sure I want to do 'something funny' on command.  Hey do you smell something?" -makes a face-
Rica: "Perfect -- Ut oh. Hurry Hurry!"

Rica: "So close. " -sniffs-

Even though she was working with someone else - the whole family was shocked that a young life had been taken before their eyes and none of us were reponsible.

Aker: "My love.."
Rica: "Aww.  Don't be like that.  I'll be upset for being mad at her if you keep that up."

Reka: "I'm not ready to die!"
Reaper: "Then you should have jumped into the well faster."
Reka: "But but.."

Reaper: "Quit begging!"

Chester: "You people are not seriously getting all snotty over that doll, are you?"
Apollo: "She was part of the family."
Chester: "She was trying to destroy the family!"

Rica: That close.  I had her that close when the timer ran out.  New Death Achieved: Death by Butt Fire

Reaper: "C'mon C'mon!"
Rica: "Hey. You get away from that thing. "
Reaper: "Aww man.  Caught."

Athena: "The doll has passed.  They no longer have any real eyes amongst us now."
Sable Horse: "The threat is still very real.  We must remain vigilant."
Athena: "The cat seems to have a plan.  I'm not sure what our next move should be."
Sable Horse: "We know of the cat's plan and we will allow it because other matters are more important.  With their agent having been disposed of, even by accident, those who use technology will try to get revenge."
Athena: "They can try."

Chester: "Anita! I'm so glad you came.  There's an opening.. I mean there has been a tragedy at the house today.  I thought maybe you could cheer up our friend here."
Anita: "I'll try." -puts a soft hand on his shoulder- "Aker - I just want you to know that I'm here for you."

Aker: "I just can't believe she's gone."
Anita: "I know.  She was so young.  I'm younger though and the cat has asked me to move in.  What do you think about that?"
Aker: "I.. I .. I don't know what to think."
Rica: "Well first we're getting you something that doesn't have a bow on it."
Aker: "But I like this outfit."
Rica: "I'll find something else you'll like ok."

I found several somethings I think the guys should like.  I kept her hair and the color red even though she's a hot pink( ugh again).  I think it looks great on her.  She's one hot tamale huh?

Anita: "Hey I know the watcher wants me to paint but I was wondering if you wanted to get out of here and go hang out together on the beach."
Aker: "Like a date?"
Anita: "Sure why not."
Aker: "Oh.  Okay."

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #788 on: September 04, 2012, 01:48:15 AM »
I can't believe Reka died! I really liked her. There's something sinister about Anita and I don't like her.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline NicoleML

• Townie
« Reply #789 on: September 04, 2012, 05:32:28 AM »
My two favorite lines from this installment - "Death by Butt Fire" and "the cat asked me to move in". Could only happen in the Grim household. RIP Reka, poor Aker. Not sure what to think about Anita - she is smoking hot though!

SimBlip

« Reply #790 on: September 04, 2012, 07:50:58 AM »
That was shocking!Reka... I now wish I understood the Grims/Dolls thing better. I never understood, how Reka was supposed to harm the family. She was an agent for "those who use technology"?
I hope your actual Grim sculptor has done his five pieces of metal, and won't have to use a torch ever again.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #791 on: September 04, 2012, 08:09:13 AM »
I once had a storyline from the view of observers that would watch over Sims families to try and manipulate them into doing what needed to be done.  Their power came from the technology they used which included their production of Imaginary Friend dolls.  Through IFs they were able to control to populace how they saw fit.    Those who are magical are what you could imagine they are - fairies, unicorns, etc.  They are born with magic in their blood and tend to live alongside Sims.  The watchers are the ones who guide Sims through faith (medieval) or other means to help live their fullest lives.  The Boss is the underside to all life.  Not necessarily what is evil but what is definitely the darker side of life.  Her minions are the Grims who usher Sims at the end of their lives to the next plane of existence.   There is probably more but it's 8 and I went to bed at 3 so yeah.  Basically, somewhere around the second attempt of Artie's Dynasty the other forces got involved because one of the "outsiders" was doing a dynasty.   The Tech users are always about taking the Sims for their own purposes no matter what the others think and the doll was their agent of evil.   While an agent of evil would normally fit right into the family, a hybrid of the two kinds obviously means something bad would have happened.  What would have happened?  Don't know yet - it's been averted for now.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #792 on: September 04, 2012, 11:32:42 AM »
  Don't know yet - it's been averted for now.
Main key word: For now. Think what you want Rica, but they're still coming.
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

SimBlip

« Reply #793 on: September 04, 2012, 11:42:38 AM »
Basically, somewhere around the second attempt of Artie's Dynasty the other forces got involved because one of the "outsiders" was doing a dynasty.

Thank you so much for explaining.
I never made time to read the earlier attempts. My bad... I must do so soon. :)

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #794 on: September 06, 2012, 05:20:58 PM »
Wow, Reka died :'(
I always have a hard time "allowing" my sims to die... hardly ever happens... maybe that's why I haven't started a new dynasty yet. Having a young doll sim die seems even worse...
Cool story btw!
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D