Author Topic: Genie!  (Read 119402 times)

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
Genie!
« on: March 11, 2012, 07:43:58 PM »
I dream of Genie!

I think the first thing I was amped to get was the genie. I could not wait to try it out and see where I could get with it.
There are many ways to get a genie. The easiest way is to get 30,000 lifetime points and buy one from the lifetime rewards. The more random ways that are not guaranteed would be exploring the catacombs, searching for treasure, or getting one thrown at you during a stage performance.
Once you get the lamp you clean it from your inventory and poof! There is your blue buddy ready to do your bidding...almost.

What you can wish for:
World Peace

Resurrect Sim

More Wishes- Gives you three more wishes.

Love

Long Life- Extends your life span
Large Family- Gives you a fertile moodlet.

Happiness-gives a +25 moodlet with no expiration - looks to be permanent

Free the Genie- Once you have become friends with the genie you will get the option to free it. You will get a totally of 3 opportunities to free the genie.
Free Genie opp 1: Freeze the lamp- All you have to do is click on the fridge and the option to freeze the lamp will be there. Your sims waits for a period of time then removes the lamp.
Opp 2: Heat the lamp- Click on the stove and it will say heat lamp. Your sim wait again. Almost as if it is cooking a meal.
Op3: Take the lamp underground- Just go to the graveyard, click on the catacombs, and it will show an option that says “take lamp underground”
Once you are done in the catacombs it will tell you to summon your genie to free it.

Fortune- Gives you 100,000 simoleans

Beauty-it says your Sim is more attractive even though they can't see any difference themselves - no moodlet or any visible effect.

My Genie had to rest for 1 sims day before it made another wish.

Once the genie is free it will no longer grant wishes. But it can still do some things that will make life easier.

Summon food- The genie can summon a perfect group serving of any meal that can be made in the sims.(except Ambrosia)

Banish sim- Exactly what it sounds like. The sims disappears, and I have not seen that sim since.

Magically Clean sim- You click on yourself or the sim you want clean and the genie will clean them.

Ensorcel Sim- The sim will be added to your family and under your control for 4 hours.

Make house spotless- If you click on the floor in your home the genie will clean the house...instantly.

Genie babies!!
Once the genie is free you can woohoo and make babies. Yes they are adorable blue bundles of joy.
I will edit this once I get more information.
Ty Callycat for adding!

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline callycat

• Occult
Re: Genie!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 07:55:25 PM »
Beauty - it says your Sim is more attractive even though they can't see any difference themselves - no moodlet or any visible effect.

Large family - the fertile moodlet doesn't guarantee results apparently as my Sim has yet to have more than a single baby at a time with it :)

Happiness - gives a +25 moodlet with no expiration - looks to be permanent.

The genie's summon food ability seems to give perfect servings every time and it looks like you can choose anything except Ambrosia. It includes pet foods too.
[they/them pronouns please]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 07:58:03 PM »
Thank you! I will add that. Everytime I wished for the beauty i I never seen a moodlet or anything. I thought it was broken or a bug.

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 08:02:27 PM »
Beauty - it says your Sim is more attractive even though they can't see any difference themselves - no moodlet or any visible effect.

Large family - the fertile moodlet doesn't guarantee results apparently as my Sim has yet to have more than a single baby at a time with it :)

Happiness - gives a +25 moodlet with no expiration - looks to be permanent.

The genie's summon food ability seems to give perfect servings every time and it looks like you can choose anything except Ambrosia. It includes pet foods too.

Have you made genie babies yet?

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 08:07:43 PM »
No, not yet - soon, I hope!
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 09:57:59 PM »
I got mine!! It is still a baby though. So yeah. I might make it a vampire! Dunno yet.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 10:05:56 PM »
Another interesting tidbit - apparently genies can't be edited in CAS.  I was hoping for a male genie, but got a female.  When I tried to use the edit in CAS cheat the option wouldn't appear when I shift-clicked my genie.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 10:28:13 PM »
After 5 genies I got a female one.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 11:19:30 PM »
All my genies have been female so far.  I was beginning to think they didn't come in the male flavor...
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline m.sato

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 05:56:38 AM »
Another interesting tidbit - apparently genies can't be edited in CAS.  I was hoping for a male genie, but got a female.  When I tried to use the edit in CAS cheat the option wouldn't appear when I shift-clicked my genie.

No "supernatural" sim can be edit in CAS.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 06:14:15 AM »
I got a female genie the first time I tried. She had an extended life span I was wondering if it were the same for everyone.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Leto85

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 01:08:16 PM »
I got mine!! It is still a baby though. So yeah. I might make it a vampire! Dunno yet.

If that is possible. Remember that you can't crossbreed those special sims without using a mod. The farthest you can go is having a ghost version of any occult Sim. Though I don't know about the genie.
Thanks for this amazing topic.

Offline Trentorio

• Townie
  • "Shamo!"
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 05:07:00 PM »
My genie was a male named Jeffry Sikes. He had pudding face and was quite large. I gave him plastic surgery, for his face and I made him work out every few days. He had some great traits...couch potato, mooch, lucky, friendly and I forget the last one.

I had him marry a townie and with no gender wishes during pregnancy I let it default and they had a daughter. She just hit teen and I think she is very pretty. When she became a child she had all the options except Enscorl. I have to check and see if she got it as a teen, but perhaps not until Young Adult.

I have to snap a screenshoot of her because I had a lot of fun doing her hair/makeup and clothes as a teen. She is really sweet looking.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 05:10:43 PM »
My female genie was also a bit chunky, but she had good proportions and was actually pretty despite the extra weight.  Unfortunately my game blew up shortly after I freed her and I'm going to have to go back to a pre-genie save.  Here's hoping I get a male this time.  I so want genie babies!

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 05:17:14 PM »

A genie is an occult, and a Sim can only have one occult status at a time.  So if it grows up with it's occult status you won't be able to make it a vampire.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 12:19:13 AM »
I finally got my male genie and set him free after he granted my sim $200k.  They married and this is their daughter, Ginny.

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 09:07:02 AM »
I used the resurrect sim wish to bring a housemate ghost back to life, just like ambrosia.  Their age was reset back to the beginning of the life stage.

Leto85

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 10:09:57 AM »
Nice picture Katluvr! Really cute.

I have found by the way, that asking for multiple wishes works at least 2 times in a row. But if you ask me, it isn't really handy as your sim has 3 remaining wishes after first time wishing for more, but after the second time wishing for more he has still 3 more wishes.
Don't know how this turns out by wishing for something else inbetween though. Would be worth testing.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2012, 01:11:59 PM »
So I have a question on genie genetics...

Is there any way to tell if my blueboo is going to have genie powers or if she is simply a blue-skinned normal sim?  At what age do genie powers start to show up?  I noticed Trentorio said that her teen genie-sim hybrid had some powers available as a teen, but do any genie options show up earlier?

Leto85

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2012, 01:31:15 PM »

Is there any way to tell if my blueboo is going to have genie powers or if she is simply a blue-skinned normal sim?  At what age do genie powers start to show up?  I noticed Trentorio said that her teen genie-sim hybrid had some powers available as a teen, but do any genie options show up earlier?

Hm, good question. Not that I have the answer, but how old was your genie when he joined the household? Could be that age.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2012, 01:39:18 PM »
I got my genie from the lifetime reward and he was a YA when I set him free.  On normal lifespan settings it appears that the YA span of the genie is double that of a normal sim, although my nooboo has the standard 3 days before becoming a toddler.  I wonder if it is just the YA, A, and E stages that are longer for genies...   This is going to require more testing.  :)

Update:  I read on the EA forums that genie powers start to appear at the child stage.  Also, apparently you can breed genies of any color depending on the color of your sim.  I've also read that there is a 50% chance of having a genie baby but not sure if that is true or not.

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2012, 07:58:06 PM »
I married my released genie to a vampire to try for crossbreeding, and out of the 2 sets of triplets, I've got 4 babies showing as vampires currently. The other two have the same purple motive bars that the genie mother has, leading me to believe they're just genies. Neither of the blueboos seem to be genies currently, but I'll see once they're old enough to manifest any potential genie powers.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 10:44:18 PM »

When you free them they have the different color needs bar like vamps. My genie just had twins, a boy and a girl. The girl has the blue genie skin tone and the boy has a regular skin tone like his Mom but they both have the bluish colored needs bars. I think this will be interesting as they grow up. I'm going to guess they'll be able to do something different.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2012, 11:33:19 PM »
Well I think my blueboo is a genie.  Her needs bars are genie-colored.   ;D   Here she is as a toddler.

I know I'm biased but she's so cute!

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2012, 12:05:22 AM »
I married my released genie to a vampire to try for crossbreeding, and out of the 2 sets of triplets, I've got 4 babies showing as vampires currently. The other two have the same purple motive bars that the genie mother has, leading me to believe they're just genies. Neither of the blueboos seem to be genies currently, but I'll see once they're old enough to manifest any potential genie powers.

Genies are occults, and a Sim can only have one occult status.  Thus, you'll never be able to have a vampire/genie.  They'll only ever be one or the other.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2012, 12:15:44 AM »
I've got a question! Can you wish the same wish more than once? I'm thinking mainly of the "More Wishes" wish...

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2012, 12:23:21 AM »
Genies are occults, and a Sim can only have one occult status.  Thus, you'll never be able to have a vampire/genie.  They'll only ever be one or the other.

When I first started playing Sims 3 (shortly after Generations came out) I did manage to crossbreed a vampire with her IF, resulting in vampire children who could transform into IFs. I was using a few mods at the time, though, so that may have had something to do with it.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2012, 12:33:54 AM »
When I first started playing Sims 3 (shortly after Generations came out) I did manage to crossbreed a vampire with her IF, resulting in vampire children who could transform into IFs. I was using a few mods at the time, though, so that may have had something to do with it.

That has to be it.  It would have to have been something with expanded traits.  Occult status is determined by a hidden trait that gives them all the abilities of the occult type, and there is only one slot for that.  Without such alteration, the game cannot assign one sim two occult statuses.  It's just not possible with how the game is originally coded.  That's why when a vampire sleeps in a Cursed Sarcophagus of the Kings it doesn't turn into a mummy.  Instead, one random trait is changed to "Evil." 

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2012, 01:10:00 AM »
That has to be it.  It would have to have been something with expanded traits.  Occult status is determined by a hidden trait that gives them all the abilities of the occult type, and there is only one slot for that.  Without such alteration, the game cannot assign one sim two occult statuses.  It's just not possible with how the game is originally coded.  That's why when a vampire sleeps in a Cursed Sarcophagus of the Kings it doesn't turn into a mummy.  Instead, one random trait is changed to "Evil."

One of my obviously vampire children just rolled a wish to make the house spotlessly sparkling (or whatever it is that Genies can do). He doesn't have any genie abilities, but most occult abilities don't show up until teen or YA.

I know it isn't possible to turn one type of occult into another (as in turning an IF into a vampire, or a vampire into a mummy), but I'm relatively certain that crossbreeding allows more than one occult status. I'm currently running a mod-free game, so it wouldn't be anything to do with that this time.

Edit: Okay, perhaps I spoke too soon. This sim seems to just be odd. He's still a vampire and can take plasma packs from the fridge, but his motive bars are all still green. He doesn't have any genie abilities, even though he rolled that wish to use one. Perhaps because I used testingcheats to age him up to YA? Exiting the game didn't change anything, nor did moving him to another house via edit town. He's got me stumped.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2012, 03:57:59 AM »
I know it isn't possible to turn one type of occult into another (as in turning an IF into a vampire, or a vampire into a mummy), but I'm relatively certain that crossbreeding allows more than one occult status. I'm currently running a mod-free game, so it wouldn't be anything to do with that this time.

As I said, there is only a single slot to hold the hidden traits needed to have occult abilities.  Passing down two hidden traits to a single slot simply isn't possible without the use of a mod to expand the number of trait slots.  It's possible, I suppose, that they might have changed how occults work, but if this has happened I've never heard about it...and I'm absolutely certain that this is something I would have heard about.

Edit: Okay, perhaps I spoke too soon. This sim seems to just be odd. He's still a vampire and can take plasma packs from the fridge, but his motive bars are all still green. He doesn't have any genie abilities, even though he rolled that wish to use one. Perhaps because I used testingcheats to age him up to YA? Exiting the game didn't change anything, nor did moving him to another house via edit town. He's got me stumped.

The situation you describe is bizarre to be sure.

Now, I can see a Sim getting a wish that they can't actually complete...the game does weird things sometimes.  However, the fact that he can actually take plasma packs from the fridge suggests that he has the "Vampire" hidden trait.  That's one of the abilities that it gives.  Does he have any other Vampire only interactions?  I.E. Can he consume the plasma packs without becoming ill?  Can he hunt or drink plasma directly from other Sims?  Does he smolder in sunlight?

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2012, 06:33:49 AM »
Now, I can see a Sim getting a wish that they can't actually complete...the game does weird things sometimes.  However, the fact that he can actually take plasma packs from the fridge suggests that he has the "Vampire" hidden trait.  That's one of the abilities that it gives.  Does he have any other Vampire only interactions?  I.E. Can he consume the plasma packs without becoming ill?  Can he hunt or drink plasma directly from other Sims?  Does he smolder in sunlight?

When he drinks plasma packs, he doesn't get the nauseous moodlet, but he does vomit some time later. He smolders in the sunlight, but can't hunt, and as far as I saw, he couldn't try to drink from another sim. He still had the option (albeit greyed out) to ask his father to turn him into a vampire. Seems like he got the downsides to being a vampire without much in the way of benefits. I didn't check his skilling speed; though, as toddlers, I know at least one of that set of triplets was learning xylophone at an alarming rate.

And I've occasionally seen him very briefly use the genie run animation (purple cloud) before his vampire run kicks in. It's like the game got confused with him!

Leto85

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2012, 06:54:10 AM »
When he drinks plasma packs, he doesn't get the nauseous moodlet, but he does vomit some time later. He smolders in the sunlight, but can't hunt, and as far as I saw, he couldn't try to drink from another sim. He still had the option (albeit greyed out) to ask his father to turn him into a vampire. Seems like he got the downsides to being a vampire without much in the way of benefits. I didn't check his skilling speed; though, as toddlers, I know at least one of that set of triplets was learning xylophone at an alarming rate.

And I've occasionally seen him very briefly use the genie run animation (purple cloud) before his vampire run kicks in. It's like the game got confused with him!

Well, it seems you managed somehow to succesfully crossbreed two species.
I recall one situation around september last year where another person was able to do that: crossbreeding three creatures: a mummy with a immaginary friend which later died and came back as a Mummyfied Immaginary Friend Ghost, with all the benefits of all three.
The downside however is that when you move the sim to the bin and back into a family he looses two of his occult traits, random I thought.

Could you perhaps test this (without saving) to see what will happen to your crossbreed?

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2012, 01:48:26 PM »
Well, it seems you managed somehow to succesfully crossbreed two species.
I recall one situation around september last year where another person was able to do that: crossbreeding three creatures: a mummy with a immaginary friend which later died and came back as a Mummyfied Immaginary Friend Ghost, with all the benefits of all three.
The downside however is that when you move the sim to the bin and back into a family he looses two of his occult traits, random I thought.

Could you perhaps test this (without saving) to see what will happen to your crossbreed?

Both saving him to the library through Edit Town and saving him to the bin through a mirror fixed his "missing" vampire abilities. He can now hunt and skill quickly, and plasma doesn't make him sick. He does still occasionally genie float when he's idling, but no genie powers are available on him or the house. Also, his motive bars are still green, and when I created him in a new file from the sim bin, he had a normal lifespan until he stood out in the sun long enough to smolder. So, it looks like a superficial crossbreed.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread.  :-\

Leto85

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2012, 07:17:21 AM »
Both saving him to the library through Edit Town and saving him to the bin through a mirror fixed his "missing" vampire abilities. He can now hunt and skill quickly, and plasma doesn't make him sick. He does still occasionally genie float when he's idling, but no genie powers are available on him or the house. Also, his motive bars are still green, and when I created him in a new file from the sim bin, he had a normal lifespan until he stood out in the sun long enough to smolder. So, it looks like a superficial crossbreed.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread.  :-\

Thank you for this testing. This is amazing.

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2012, 11:42:29 AM »
I've got a question! Can you wish the same wish more than once? I'm thinking mainly of the "More Wishes" wish...

The "More Wishes" wish gives you a single wish, which replaces the wish you expended wishing for more wishes.  So wishing it multiple times wouldn't do you any good; wish it 100 times, and you'd still end up with the number of wishes you started with. ;)

Melusane

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2012, 05:30:17 PM »
I have two genies who had twins. The strange thing with these twins now grown up is that they are genies too but they also can burn things.
I cannot edit those twins in CAS.

Offline Trentorio

• Townie
  • "Shamo!"
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2012, 10:30:36 PM »
My genie just turned into a Young Adult, and suddenly her Lifetime Wish disappeared when she achieved it, instead of completing...so no points for me, and an empty box where it should be.

Leto85

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2012, 07:05:57 AM »
My genie just turned into a Young Adult, and suddenly her Lifetime Wish disappeared when she achieved it, instead of completing...so no points for me, and an empty box where it should be.

I think there are multiple problems with LTW. I had a sim from who I couldnt change the LTW S well. I dont want to go offtopic here but it seems to be a Showtime thing.

loveSims

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2012, 08:13:36 AM »
I play with my first genie. It is a lot of fun. I let her banish a sim I don't like and she go poof! I like the perfect food and that she can clean my sim and the whole house!

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2012, 03:46:08 PM »

Did they achieve the LTW?  This often happens to me when a Sim completes one, but I get the points for it anyways.

loveSims

Genie!
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2012, 06:36:30 PM »
Today I give my genie plastic sugery! I'm glad about that because they kind of have generic features.

Leto85

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2012, 06:57:12 PM »
Apparently the blue color isn't always over ruling when it comes to genetics. Never underestimate the power of the dark side as the pure black skin color of my Grim Reaper completely got inherited by his daughter.
She got all the genie tricks as well. The same as the light blue mood bars.

Jeez, I love genies. With their powers they make up for excellent house maids with their "poof and   dirt blows away", they summon the best spices out of thin air without a single cooking skill not traits and they can banish sims, perhaps even burglers to the other side of town. They can do all that while saving up two trait slots where otherwise Natural Cook and Brave must have been added, to get those abilities.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2012, 08:37:50 PM »
I am still trying to figure out why the Genie's get the "burn something option".  Weird.  I too love the genie's. :)  I also tried mixing vampire and genie, genie over-rides.  Would be cool to at least get a blue vampire, lol.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2012, 02:30:03 PM »
Jeez, I love genies. With their powers they make up for excellent house maids with their "poof and the dirt blows away", they summon the best spices out of thing air without a single cooking skill not traits and they can vanish sims, perhaps even butlers to the other side of town. They can do all that while saving up two traits slots where otherwise Natural Cook Brave must have been, to add those abilities.
Oh, I need to see that!  I guess I'll stop focusing on gigs and go make friends with a genie....  ;)

Leto85

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2012, 05:24:32 PM »
If you banish a Sim, that Sim will appear somehere at a corner on your map. That explains why paparazzi keep coming back.
If you want to know the exact spot, just let the genie banish on of your own sims while that Sim got selected with the right mousebutton so the game will focus on it.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2012, 09:08:46 PM »
I just wanted to add, that according to SimsVIP, there is a fourth way to get a genie.  When you give a legendary performance, there is a chance a fan will send you a magic lamp.    http://simsvip.com/?page_id=7472  The genie section is a little more than half way down.  Just wanted to point it out incase it needs to be added to the guide.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2012, 02:27:31 AM »
I just wanted to add, that according to SimsVIP, there is a fourth way to get a genie.  When you give a legendary performance, there is a chance a fan will send you a magic lamp.    http://simsvip.com/?page_id=7472  The genie section is a little more than half way down.  Just wanted to point it out incase it needs to be added to the guide.

We're aware of this.  But until someone successfully does this here, we consider this information to be unconfirmed.

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2012, 03:00:30 PM »
I have a female genie gotten at the catacombs.  She has had two babies.  They both are human colored but have the blue lines for their needs.  The toddler just grew up to child and she has the power to clean the baby from another room.  I was bummed that they weren't blue though.  It is fun playing with the genie.  I just bought a lamp so I will be getting another one.  I am tired of toddler training but it is fun to see what they do.  My first one did absolutely nothing as far as play or learning skills.  When she had nothing to do she played with the stuffed toy in her inventory.  She NEVER touched another skill object or toy and I had them all over.  I wish I had deleted the stuffed toy from the inventory to see what she would have done.  I have NO idea where that stuffed toy came from as I never put it in the inventory.  She had it when she aged up from baby to toddler.  A family of genies sure would be fun. 

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2012, 09:36:50 PM »
I am tired of toddler training but it is fun to see what they do.  My first one did absolutely nothing as far as play or learning skills.  When she had nothing to do she played with the stuffed toy in her inventory.  She NEVER touched another skill object or toy and I had them all over.  I wish I had deleted the stuffed toy from the inventory to see what she would have done.  I have NO idea where that stuffed toy came from as I never put it in the inventory.  She had it when she aged up from baby to toddler.
Do you have Generations?  It sounds like your toddler had the Imaginary Friend Doll. 

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2012, 11:34:23 AM »
Oh yes I do have Generations. I had no idea there even was an imaginary doll.  LOL  I haven't played with the toddlers much this last year or so.  I bet that is it.  That is ALL she wants to do.  She plays with that and NOTHING else and sings and sings.  Its cute but now she is way behind.  I decided to just let her do her thing and see what happens.  Plus I've been trying to get genies so it was easy to ignore her and let her play.  She has the artistic trait so I expected her to do something!  The second genie baby is doing the same thing.  She is new to toddler though so maybe she will move on.  LOL

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2012, 05:17:56 PM »
Oh yes I do have Generations. I had no idea there even was an imaginary doll.

The Imaginary Friend Doll is something your sim child can play with throughout childhood, and the friend can even be brought to life and made into a real sim under certain circumstances.  The imaginary friend is the "occult" creature for Generations, like vampires for Late Night or genies for Showtime.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2012, 08:52:01 AM »
Has anyone had a problem using their lamp while in a foreign country? My Sim in Egypt can't interact with the lamp. I thought a Genie would fit in so nicely there, but no luck in being able to summon one.

Leto85

« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2012, 07:02:03 PM »
Has anyone had a problem using their lamp while in a foreign country? My Sim in Egypt can't interact with the lamp. I thought a Genie would fit in so nicely there, but no luck in being able to summon one.

Never tried but yeah, they should fit in there. Unbounded genies can travel I assume?
Some species are perhaps banned from travelling, just as all controllable pets up till now.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2012, 09:31:34 PM »
Never tried but yeah, they should fit in there. Unbounded genies can travel I assume?
Some species are perhaps banned from travelling, just as all controllable pets up till now.

I'm using the traveler mod but the only interaction I'm using it for is to change my Sim's hometown to a foreign city. I freed two genies in Sunset Valley before traveling (and stored them in my library just in case). My Sim and his two genie buddies made a successful trip to relocate to China. I'll keep you posted as to how it goes.

oLOSim

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2012, 07:06:42 PM »
my Jeanie daughter (child age) was able to transmogrify seeds on the ground (turned them into standard flame fruit). Now that she is a teen I`m not sure she still can, but ,geee, these Genie sims are fun and so convenient.
Apart from Wohoo-ing with an occult rumours , this sims finally found his family :D

:)
PS: She still can transmogrify seeds .

Leto85

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2012, 04:53:05 PM »
my Jeanie daughter (child age) was able to transmogrify seeds on the ground (turned them into standard flame fruit). Now that she is a teen I`m not sure she still can, but ,geee, these Genie sims are fun and so convenient.
Apart from Wohoo-ing with an occult rumours , this sims finally found his family :D

:)
PS: She still can transmogrify seeds .

Welcome to the forum!
Is transforming fruit to flame fruit also a genie function? I've never saw it with my own and I'm pretty sure your Sim must have the Pyromaniac hidden trait. Father or mother perhaps at level 10 in the Firefighter career if you have Ambitions, or was one of the parents a NPC firefighter before?

oLOSim

« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2012, 05:37:00 AM »
hey Leto85 - the mother indeed has  that very trait and originally wanted to go all out firewoman.
Interesting how those hidden traits interact with new content :D nice info cheers

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2012, 11:09:55 AM »
Is it normal to get Genie moodlets when you don't have a lamp? My sim's son didn't get on the bus for school and when his step-father scolded him, he took the metro to school. When he arrived he had a moddlet about birds singing and it said it was from a Genie.

Melusane

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2012, 11:58:24 AM »
My genies' sons are both pyromaniacs. They were born to regular genies getting out of a lamp.

And yes, genies are great travellers with World Adventures! No need for showers in a box  ;D. And pyromaniac is a good trait too as they are never wet and they don't mind fire.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2012, 08:04:12 PM »
I used to Genie to bring in some outside help with upgrading my new home. I had just built the home and had few items to upgrade to self cleaning.
I knew a sim that worked in the military and thought he might have the handiness skill so I had my genie Ensorcel him. That added to my household for 4 hours.
I checked and he did have handiness of level 7.
I gave him 2 items to upgrade to self cleaning and even tho the ensorcel wore off before he finished the first item the second item was still in his queue. So he still finished the first item and went over and done the second item before he left. :)
He done the bathroom sink and toilet while I done the shower and kitchen sink.
While he was under my control he even got a skill jump in handiness so it helped him too.
Nothing like getting free help around the house.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

oLOSim

« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2012, 06:43:44 AM »
I used to Genie to bring in some outside help with upgrading my new home.
I gave him 2 items to upgrade to self cleaning...

very smart move :D
I do like upgrading items myself tho, makes for decent points and usually I tend to run out of items to upgrade and start " behaving inappropriatly " by upgrading my friends homes as well as experimenting on them with my mad scientist gadget :D

Melusane

« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2012, 01:50:27 PM »
If you keep the genie as a sim to play with, no need to upgrade anything to self cleaning. When a genie uses the "clean the house" action, everything gets spotless, including the toilet, the shower and the empty plates  :D.
Actually the great thing with genies is that you don't need a stove, a shower, a dish washer, well you can do with just a toilet and a bed. (You can even forget the toilet if you dare to  :o.)

But if you don't want to keep the genie, this is a smart way to use it Grimsoul!

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2012, 05:18:14 PM »
If you keep the genie as a sim to play with, no need to upgrade anything to self cleaning. When a genie uses the "clean the house" action, everything gets spotless, including the toilet, the shower and the empty plates  :D.
Yep.  Genies don't do beds, though.  Good thing you can't clean windows in this game. ;)

Offline Phoenix

• Nooboo
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2012, 12:28:25 AM »
I have heard you can acquire a genie by upgrading the PlasmaPunch Gyroscopic Conductor to enable exploring the Dimension, and that while exploring there is a chance you will find the lamp.  Is this true?  Has anyone done so?  I had my sim upgrade it and Enter the Dimension, dozens and dozens of times, but so far, no genie lamp. :(

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2012, 01:14:28 AM »
I have heard you can acquire a genie by upgrading the PlasmaPunch Gyroscopic Conductor to enable exploring the Dimension, and that while exploring there is a chance you will find the lamp.  Is this true?  Has anyone done so?  I had my sim upgrade it and Enter the Dimension, dozens and dozens of times, but so far, no genie lamp. :(

It's true, but if I remember correctly, the chance is less than 1%. Correct me if I am wrong.

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2012, 04:28:38 AM »
It's true, but if I remember correctly, the chance is less than 1%. Correct me if I am wrong.

If I open the file for ElectroDanceSphere in s3pe, it says this about genie lamps:

<kAdvantureGenieLampChance value="8">
      <!--TextAdvanture: Percent chance if Sim find Genie Lamp.  If the items do not add up to 100, the remaining chance will be fore [sic] a rubber duck.-->
    </kAdvantureGenieLampChance>

It looks to me like there's an 8% chance to come back with a genie lamp.

Offline Phoenix

• Nooboo
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2012, 01:56:47 PM »
Ah, thank you.  So it is possible---I guess my sim will keep spinning then! :)  Though I have to say, he hasn't even received a rubber duck for his troubles!

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2012, 02:08:29 PM »
Ah, thank you.  So it is possible---I guess my sim will keep spinning then! :) 
An 8% chance isn't very high.  I could make you a tiny mod to improve that chance, if you want.

Though I have to say, he hasn't even received a rubber duck for his troubles!
A rubber duckie is what the comment in the files says, but they must have changed their mind somewhere along the way, because what I get when I don't get any of the items specified in the files is a gnome, not a rubber duckie.  Has anybody actually brought a duckie home from dimensional travel?

Offline Phoenix

• Nooboo
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2012, 04:43:58 PM »
  Thank you Corylea for the offer, I may take you up on it at a later date.  Currently I am trying to challenge myself by not using cheats of any kind.  I figured to keep it a little more challenging---I would try what *appeared* to be the hardest approach to finding a Genie.  Buying the object is actually pretty easy.  It's not very hard to get the points, even without cheats.  I hear you can get one by exploring the tombs, but even that sounded easier than exploring the Dimension.  Considering I first had to get my sim up to level 10 handiness just to upgrade the PlasmaPunch Gyroscopic Conductor.  Then I discovered he needed Logic and Athletic skills, the higher the better. :)

Since it was taking quite a while, I thought I should check and make sure this was even possible---since I only *heard* that it was!  It would be a bummer to spend all that time on it only to discover later that it was just a rumor and not true!

The gnomes make more sense---I think I may have had a few of those.  Hmmm....

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2012, 07:27:08 PM »
My sim family does not own a lamp with a genie in it but I noticed an icon in one of the child Sims saying (can't remember the exact words), something like "The sun is shining, the birds are singing, everything is happy.. etc) and it has a "happy" mood bonus of +25
 (I think). The moodlet says the happy points came from a Genie (yellow happy smiley moodlet).  Where did that come from? Where do you think the child picked it up? Looking forward to your replies! Thanks! :)

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2012, 08:17:28 PM »
I actually got a Genie from going to the catacombs after about three tries.  She had two babies who are not blue but they are both genies.  They started having genie powers when they turned into a child.  Its fun to play them.  It sure makes taking care of toddlers easier when mommy is a genie.  LOL

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2012, 06:26:13 PM »
Has anyone not had a genie baby from a genie?  Or are they the new vampires where every child is guaranteed to be a genie?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2012, 01:39:06 PM »
Has anyone else who bought the Genie using LTHP, found that the Genie looks freakily like the Sim that bought it? I bought one in my Dynasty and if you ask me he has the same facial shape as Tristan Jade. Now this would be less odd if Tristan wasn't born in game after four generations of a previous dynasty...?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Dreamweaver

• Occult
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2012, 01:52:16 PM »
My genie had some pretty decent traits. Great Kisser, Hopeless Romantic, Easily Impressed, Lucky and Inappropriate. LTW - Forensic Specialist.I think inappropriate sort of works in this case. Shes been stuck in that lamp for years so most likely shes not up to date with social graces or fashion. It's quite funny to see her go off to her police officer job in a evening dress. I love that magic sparkly clean also takes care of the annoying laundry piles & being able to summon up a meal anytime/ anywhere is handy. I also found out that a genie moves at the same speed as a car!

My Sim making his first wish.

The Blueboo just because she's cute ;D

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2012, 10:17:37 PM »
Most of the genies I've seen have been red-haired.  When I have one join the family, I change their hair to black, because the red hair with blue skin makes my eyes water.  My sims love the Baked Angel Food cake, though their player gets a little tired of their eating the same thing all the time. ;D

Offline Dweiathecat

• Nooboo
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2012, 02:18:16 PM »
I have two genies who had twins. The strange thing with these twins now grown up is that they are genies too but they also can burn things.
I cannot edit those twins in CAS.

I got pyromaniac genie twins too!

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2012, 11:37:45 PM »
No "supernatural" sim can be edit in CAS.
Except ghosts, but as far as clothes go it doesn't really have a point lol.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2012, 10:11:54 AM »
I guess I may be being stupid, but, I can't put my genie lamp in the fridge.  I have the opportunity showing both above the moodlets window and in the ops window.  Is there something else I need to do first?
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2012, 10:13:36 AM »
Are you clicking on the lamp or the fridge?
Check out my new story here!

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2012, 11:06:49 AM »
I've tried both, I get only "summon the genie" from the lamp and the usual meal options, "detonate" and "open" from the fridge.  I thought it might be a problem with the "superior" fridge, so tried putting it in my inventory and buying a regular fridge, but, it makes no difference.

Update
 ;D  Ok, I knew I was being doolally tap.  Click on the fridge while the genie is in the house.  How stupid can I be!!! ::)
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2012, 12:58:34 PM »
Glad you found the solution!  8)
Check out my new story here!

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2012, 02:32:37 PM »
Has anyone else who bought the Genie using LTHP, found that the Genie looks freakily like the Sim that bought it?

Absolutely Samoht04

My Genie is most definately a near clone of my sim, every carefully adjusted feature is there.  Obviously, she has blue skin, and her hair was red in her everyday outfit, but, in all other outfits her hair is the same colour and style as my sim's, or it was until I used the mirror to change it, now she looks even more like my regular sim, so it's back to the mirror for a new haircolour and style.
 Lao-Tse

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2012, 06:36:27 PM »
Genies shouldn't look like anyone at all. Genies have a rather generic set of features and it even happens with Bottled Genie Potion, at least in my experience, so it could even make Arlo Bunch look presentable.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Katantunoro

• Kerfuffle Lord
  • Nooboo
  • Ssh, it's personal!
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2013, 01:02:13 PM »
I've got myself two genies, one male (in my female sims possession) and a female (in my male sims possession).  I've gotten Fortune twice from both sims, and I think I might use the last wish to free them both and have them create a myriad of bouncing blue 100% genie babies!
Katantunoro's Signature Blog: I find myself with an extremely large bounty of pencil sharpeners recently. I have 5 stacked on my desk!

Offline Gabsiela

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2013, 07:05:47 PM »
Hey Everyone,

My vampire sim just finished exploring the catacombs in Egypt and had a genie lamp in her personal inventory.

But there were no options to click on it; so when she got back to her vacation home I took it from her inventory and put it on the kitchen bench.

Still no options.

Are there genie lamps without genies, or does anyone know what the go is here?

Cheers,

Gabsiela

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2013, 02:24:43 AM »
How high does the relationship with a genie have to be to be able to make certain wishes such as 'free the genie'.

Offline Serenity S.

• Occult
  • Flea market shopper in 3rd generation.
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2013, 07:41:42 AM »
How high does the relationship with a genie have to be to be able to make certain wishes such as 'free the genie'.

I think they only need to be friends, but then again this is something I've heard, not something I've tested.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2013, 09:36:49 AM »

Just tested it, you have to be "good friends" before you can free the genie. 

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2017, 07:08:02 PM »
Hi, I know this is an old thread, but I'm just now experimenting w/these. How do you get all of these options on a genie? Are they available on a created genie or just on the genie that comes from the lamp? I'm currently playing a created genie and the only options I have for her is to "magically make sim clean," "magically clean house (make sparkly clean)," or to ensorcel" a sim, or to "banish" a sim. I don't have any other options. Maybe it's b/c of her being created a genie?

anything