Author Topic: Sim-related randomness  (Read 15111 times)

Chuckles_82

Re: Sim-related randomness
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 05:30:17 PM »
That's what I thought too :)

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 05:47:15 PM »
They can come from a lack of seratonin - the happy hormone.

A lot of this, I'd imagine, could be psychosomatic.  The mind is a very powerful thing, and when things are out of whack there it's been scientifically proven that it can wreak havoc on your physical body processes.  People can make themselves sick (for real), and people can even cure themselves with the right mindset.  I have an aunt who survived leukemia back when you didn't survive leukemia (in the late 70's).  She simply said "I'm not going to die because of this."  And she believed it.  The doctor who treated her said that her mindset was instrumental in her recovery.  And yes, she's still alive today and she hasn't seen the inside of a hospital in a couple decades.

Of course, there comes a point to where "happy thoughts" can only do so much to get things working again, and people might need a bit of a medical jump start.  I've seen my share of psychologists, and I've never heard anyone say that depression is permanent.  So there is hope.  ;)

Yes, I knew we where a bit offtopic, but I decided to be a bit unprofessional for a change. It felt better.

Hey...don't look at me.  :P
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 06:25:09 PM »
That's what I thought too :)

Hehe, I was hoping to get away with it by pointing my finger at you while saying my most adult line: "But she started  it. :P"
But, knowing me: I only would end up feeling guilty, so that's no option at all.

Anyway, I noticed that I had a very hard time finding this topic back because I just kept forgetting the name of it. And that's because it really have gotten far away from it's "first" subject.
So what I actually would suggest is: shall we continue this all in private mailing? It could be there is a possibility we could mean something to each other.

See, I can be a good mod if I really want to. Just got us all back on track. I mean topic. ;)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 06:26:47 PM »
Oh sorry Chuckles! I just saw this as a sims-related version of the babble thread..

Oh, wait then this is off-topic, lol! :P

I completely agree with everything already said to do with depression, you're all getting me very excited for my psychology course starting in August! :D I want to be a clinical psychologist someday, and my interest in that area has always stemmed from my own experiences with mental illness.

In sims-related news, the hard drive on my simming laptop has died and my backup for my legacy was damaged, which means I've lost my whole legacy and I can't play sims anymore until August, when I hopefully get my new computer. :( Mum is getting a new laptop this Friday, a fairly affordable one, but I'm not sure if it'll run the game. Posting a thread about it in tech help now. :) I'm still very gutted about the loss of my legacy.

@Leto - I actually really liked this topic, it's like the place to discuss sims stuff that doesn't really deserve it's own thread, like a babble thread but for sims talk. Also, maybe it could be stickied so everyone can find it?

Chuckles_82

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2012, 07:01:43 PM »
Hehe, I was hoping to get away with it by pointing my finger at you while saying my most adult line: "But she started  it. :P"
Too funny :D

So what I actually would suggest is: shall we continue this all in private mailing? It could be there is a possibility we could mean something to each other.

Do you mean as kind of a support network? If so I am happy to be a listening ear for people who wish to continue to talk about the topic, or those who don't feel comfortable sharing in the public forum, but have been following the discussion. Talking about depression/anxiety etc is much better than not talking. I guess the important thing to remember if someone confides in you privately is to a) keep it private and b) not pass judgement. Sometimes easier said than done, but remembering to be extra sensitive can make sure most misunderstandings can be avoided.

Oh sorry Chuckles! I just saw this as a sims-related version of the babble thread..

Yes, you have put it perfectly :)

loveSims

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2012, 12:17:57 AM »
I'm sorry about your legacy Fez :(

Chuckles_82

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2012, 01:59:53 AM »
How funny - Playschool (Australian children's show) was singing 'I love, you love watermelon' while my sim was harvesting watermelon to eat so she can have a girl!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Sim-related randomness
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2012, 10:59:04 AM »
This is the first time I've ever seen a sim dog chase a mailman. Too funny! I wish I could have gotten a picture of it.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2012, 12:51:10 PM »
This is the first time I've ever seen a sim dog chase a mailman. Too funny! I wish I could have gotten a picture of it.

I need to try to get a picture of my new method of dealing with the paparazzi - horses! My horse was bored so I sent it over to sniff and nuzzle one, and they ran away.

Cal
[they/them pronouns please]

loveSims

Sim-related randomness
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2012, 02:06:38 PM »
You can let the horse kick the paparazzi if there is enough space lol.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2012, 02:11:39 PM »
You can let the horse kick the paparazzi if there is enough space lol.

Oh, good plan. I have one who is always getting wishes to kick people!

Cal
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2012, 02:16:48 PM »
I'm sorry about your legacy Fez :(

Thanks for the support. :) I'll be restarting as soon as I can, and it'll be the third try so let's hope I make it third time lucky! :D

So, I haven't got a laptop that plays sims, and am therefore deprived of sims.. What do I do all day? Go on this forum of course! Oh, and plan the next thirty generations of my new legacy! And did I mention my yet-to-even-be-started Immortal Dynasty is entirely planned out, storylines and all? I don't think this can be classed as perfectionist, I think it should be classed as obsessed. ;D

loveSims

Sim-related randomness
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2012, 02:31:23 PM »
Nothing wrong with that Fez. You're just a sims addict like the rest of us. When I had the flu and was to sick to play sims, I was all the time on the forum with tapatalk lol!

Leto85

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2012, 06:56:12 PM »
Thanks for the support. :) I'll be restarting as soon as I can, and it'll be the third try so let's hope I make it third time lucky! :D

So, I haven't got a laptop that plays sims, and am therefore deprived of sims.. What do I do all day? Go on this forum of course! Oh, and plan the next thirty generations of my new legacy! And did I mention my yet-to-even-be-started Immortal Dynasty is entirely planned out, storylines and all? I don't think this can be classed as perfectionist, I think it should be classed as obsessed. ;D

Don't forget: you have homework to finish young lady! :O

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2012, 07:36:45 PM »
Don't forget: you have homework to finish young lady! :O

Leto, how dare you assume that I haven't already finished it? ;D Lol, I do have an essay to write, but it is due in two weeks. :P

..Aaand we're off-topic again! ::)

anything