Author Topic: Sim-related randomness  (Read 14959 times)

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
Re: Sim-related randomness
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2013, 08:46:07 AM »
You may not be in a creative slump; you may be in a 'recognising you're being creative slump' instead.  Perhaps looking at your three builds, tomorrow, with different eyes will help you see the gems hiding in the murk?  I have no doubt that the gems are there.

I have an 'uck' too. I'm attempting the Challenges again; playing on long means six days of nooboo.  So not used to six days of nooboo; six days of interrupted sleep and crying. 

Though I am liking the rocking chair and rocking the 'boo and really appreciating that the 'smell-o-poohter' hasn't actually been invented yet and so there is no actual aroma of dirty nappies/diapers to contend with.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2013, 01:38:40 AM »
Yes indeed! I'd hate to smell my sims' BO while they are working out. Pe-ew!

Thankfully my creative crisis has been averted. I persisted in trying to build a dorm, and decided to stick with my own style, rather than trying to fit it in with the University world. It would have looked very nice to have one built into the shells - I tried both the library and the student union building, but no matter what I did, I wasn't happy with it. I tried building something in the same style without the shells, but that was just a disaster. I tried building something smaller like part of one of the shells, but it was just too small. I've been wanting to build something from the NCIS office colour theme for a while, so now I have :) Later when I get over how long that build took, I'll build another townhouse for Cypress Lakes with the same scheme.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2013, 06:34:25 AM »
Sometimes building to fit in with a town and against your own aesthetic is just to difficult. I faced the same problem i Universityville but also decided to go my own way. Sometimes it's hard to let go though. That's why they tell you to kill your darlings I suppose...

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2013, 06:45:09 AM »
Something I noticed on the most recent Leisure Day -- if your Sims are anywhere near a recliner, they cancel their queues and go stretch out in the sun (or pouring rain).
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2013, 10:42:43 AM »
Glad your creative crisis was averted, Chuckles.

Something I noticed on the most recent Leisure Day -- if your Sims are anywhere near a recliner, they cancel their queues and go stretch out in the sun (or pouring rain).

Ooh, I can empathise with that Marian.  On a day off it is much more pleasant to relax on a sun lounger than actually do any chores!  (Well, except for when it is raining  :D Guess I'm not quite as daft as all that.)

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2013, 03:55:22 PM »

So that's what kept happening! This happened to me, and I thought it was just because my sim is a Couch Potato. It was really bugging me because I had a bunch of stuff lined up for him to do.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2013, 08:54:55 PM »
I'm so glad that we're having a BBQ on the weekend, because I'm looking at the steaks my sim just prepared and my mouth is watering!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2013, 11:56:47 PM »
So, I decided to spread the green haunting ghost lifestate around town (it's a Life States Dynasty, after all, and it would be nice to have that pretty green available somewhere down the road) through one of my boys and his first set of kids was born. Twin werewolves, one a ghostie and the other normal. Established a relationship with them and all of that. The next day I try to invite their household over. That's when I notice the green ghost twin isn't in the relationship bar. I check the family tree and the green ghostie is still there, somehow has burglar and werewolf as traits, and the normal twin is now a toddler. The day after he was born. So I had the ghost boy go over to their house and lo and behold, ghost baby is nowhere to be found but normal baby is a toddler causing mischief. I have never had something like that happen ever before.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2013, 07:36:30 AM »
I'm disappointed, when I was not looking it's seem my Sims girlfriend (not part of the household) do naughty thing while attend the party. My other Sims that attend the same party gained "Witnessed the Betrayal". The boyfriend didn't knew about this. So... It's over.
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Chuckles_82

« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2013, 04:40:56 AM »
I hope it's ok if I ramble about the new world Dragon Valley here, since we've only seen a snippet, but OH MY GOSH! Dragons! That's nearly more exciting than chickens! I loved the dragons in Sims Makin' Magic, but it wasn't until after I had played Sims 3 that I worked out that there were different kinds - and I had always managed to get Burnie. And, more importantly, the theme of the world being 'possibly medieval-ish'!! The white dress on one of the Sims reminds me of a Novice dress from the White Tower (you either get it or you don't) - SO much potential for story telling and story-acting-outing! This is way more exciting than the expansion pack. Since I've slowed down with challenges this year, I'm going to wait until the expansion pack goes on special - or until I need it as one last thing for my world, and everything else is done. I had a bit of buyer's remorse with University. It was good, but I'm getting less excited about the expansions lately.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2013, 09:39:33 AM »
Dragons.
Dragons!
DRAGONS!!!
.... King of Thrones? :o
And there is my thoughts about the new world. For some reason, it reminded of King of Thrones.
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2013, 09:46:49 AM »
Drat. Why I must face hard-disk failure. Thankfully, my Sims-related was not there.
If yes I will be the most heartbroken one in the world...

I do love DRAGON. Well, just looking forward for that.
Hope that will not be disappointing :)
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Chuckles_82

« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2013, 01:51:09 AM »
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like detonating gifts that came in the mail from secret admirers who keep trying to ruin your sims' eternally faithful reputation? I have a paparazzi who I just can't keep away without building some fences.

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2013, 05:58:46 PM »
I have a paparazzi who I just can't keep away without building some fences.

Get a Witch in your household. Get said Witch's magic skill up to the point of being able to cast Fire/Ice. Hit the paparazzi with Ice. There is a chance they will freeze solid... If they don't - Fire then Ice. Repeat until they do freeze. They won't go away, but they also won't be doing much of anything until they thaw.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2013, 08:02:29 PM »
That's a little ways down the track (life state dynasty). But it is rather fun burning and freezing them. One caught on fire because he was too hot. I tried to put him out with an ice spell, but he froze, and then burnt to death. I know, weird huh! I'd be cautious about doing that again, because it would constitute deliberate killing.

anything