Author Topic: The Pendragon Randomacy - Prologue: The Radio In The Taxi  (Read 1316 times)

Offline DeNile

• Immortal
The Pendragon Randomacy - Prologue: The Radio In The Taxi
« on: March 27, 2012, 09:55:58 AM »
The Pendragon Randomacy

Author's Note: I'm back, better, and ready to write! My newest story is a Random Legacy, the rules of which can be found here. I plan on completing this story, using my own way of story telling, and following the majority of the rules. I say majority, because there are a couple I will be breaking, such as playing for tips if it comes up, and so on. But, hopefully, I remember to follow the majority of them. As a heads-up, I do play with Mods, quite a few of them actually, but the ones that will come up most in this story are: NRaas Story Progression, NRaas Woohooer, Buzzler's Scribbling Pad, and maybe one or two others that I will bring up as we go. Anyway, enjoy!

Chapter List

Generation 1
1.0: Prologue, The Radio in the Taxi
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Offline DeNile

• Immortal
Re: The Pendragon Randomacy - 1.0: Prologue
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 10:27:26 AM »
Prologue: The Radio in the Taxi

"Mr. Pendragon, Mr. Pendragon! What do you have to say about the recent disappearance of your daughter?"

"Mr. Pendragon! Is it true that your eldest daughter ran away from home?"

"Is it true that you kicked your daughter out after the media caught wind of her relationship with Missy Fair-Mount?"

"Are the rumours about your daughter's relationship with Missy Fair-Mount true?"

"Enough." Mr. Pendragon's voice was sharp, cutting off the media almost instantly. "My daughter, Anita Pendragon, is no longer with the family. We did not kick her out, we did not alienate her, and we would welcome her back at any time. Why she left Bridgeport, I do not know, but I do know that it was not a result of anything the Pendragon family said or did to her. As for the rumours of her and Missy Fair-Mount, I suggest you ask Ms. Fair-Mount yourself, because my knowledge of such rumours, true or not, is really none of your business. Thank you, no more questions."

"Mr. Pendragon! Mr. Pendragon!" A dozen voices overlapped, trying to catch his attention once again.

Abruptly, the radio snapped off, and the taxi driver grumbled to himself for a moment.

"Watcher Forsaken piranha's is what they are," he muttered. Then his eyes turned up to the rear view mirror, watching me, his passenger. I glanced out the window, ignoring his curious look as best as I could. I bit my lip, eyes closed and forehead resting against the cool glass of the window, struggling to force out the echoes of the radio voices, the ones that bounced about my head.

"So, where do you want me to drop you off?" he asked, voice kinder now. I shrugged, I wasn't even sure where I was, let alone where I wanted to be.

"Does this place have a park? A main one?" I asked, glancing momentarily at the man. He nodded, turning the next corner.

"Yes, yes it does. Central Park, the pride of our parks. I'll drop you off there then?" I nodded, shifting so that I was sitting up, and gazed out the window. It seemed to be a nice little town with lots of variety. I could see people walking their dogs, kids running down the streets, and, in the distance, I heard a school bell. I smiled softly, I'd never heard a school bell before. "What did you say your name was?" asked the man.

"I didn't say," I replied. I tugged at a strand of curly hair, now barely brushing my neck. Two days ago, my hair had been halfway down my back and black as the night. I frowned, had only two days passed since I'd run? Had it truly only been forty-eight hours? I shook my head, it felt like so much longer, it had been so longer, in my mind at least.

"Well," said the taxi driver slowly. His voice was hesitant now, as though he wasn't quite sure what to say. I must have been a strange sight then, surely most people who came to this place were looking for greatness, for love. I'd heard the stories as a small child, wondrous tales of those seeking immortality, both in the literal and figurative sense, and those who wished for a chance at greatness, to have their names carry on into the next millennium. Thinking about it almost made me smile again, my favourite story as a child had been that of the Dreamweavers. The fantastic fictional journey of Carina Dreamweaver in her quest for immortality. My mother had read it to me almost a dozen times before her untimely demise, and I still had a copy of the half novel/half picture book hidden in the bottom of my backpack.

"Ani," I said, hesitant as I supplied my name. "Ani Pendle." The driver smiled at me through the mirror.

"John Carlow," he replied. "Ani... is that short for something?" he asked. I nodded,

"Anita."

"That Pendragon girl, the one on the news and the radio, her name's Anita." The man paused, "You from Bridgeport, Ani?"

"No, never been."

"Huh. Well anyway, here's your stop." I climbed out of the taxi, breathing in the fresh morning air. "Oh, and Ani!" he called. I turned back to him, just in time to see him grin. "Welcome to Union Cove."

The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Pendragon Randomacy
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 11:42:45 AM »
Welcome back!  :D Great story! Can't wait to see who else from UC get's involved!
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Pendragon Randomacy
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 11:48:10 AM »
What a terrific start! Can't wait for more!

Offline DeNile

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 12:01:24 PM »
Thanks guys! I just about have the next chapter ready to go already. Just in Edit Town at the moment, trying to get rid of some of the residual lag.  ::)

Offline DeNile

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 12:22:25 PM »
Sorry for the double post, but how do you link directly to a post in the thread? I can't figure it out. I know how to do links, just not to the posts themselves.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shady eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 12:25:13 PM »
At the top of the post is the name of thread, click on it and say copy link location and it's actually the exact post.
Origin ID: Ricalynn
Current Active Stories: Artie's TS4 Dynasty || Grim Rivalries

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline DeNile

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 12:27:03 PM »
At the top of the post is the name of thread, click on it and say copy link location and it's actually the exact post.

Danke! (Thanks!) It worked!

loveSims

Re: The Pendragon Randomacy - Prologue: The Radio In The Taxi
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 12:56:03 PM »
Awesome start! Can't wait for more. ;D

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 01:25:55 PM »
Wow, this is brilliant! I'm looking forward to more! ;D

Offline DeNile

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 01:29:02 PM »
Awesome start! Can't wait for more. ;D

Wow, this is brilliant! I'm looking forward to more! ;D

Thanks guys! I'm already working on it. Just had to mess around with a few things to get Union Cove to work. So long Expanded Story Progression. Ah well, the base one is pretty fantastic as well!

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2012, 11:51:30 AM »
Wow! Nice start, I'm looking forward to reading more!
"The world is not a wish granting factory."
-John Green, The Fault In Our Stars

I have a blog! Please feel free to check it out! http://theatricalteenageramblings.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Offline DeNile

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2012, 09:31:47 PM »
Wow! Nice start, I'm looking forward to reading more!
Thanks. I'm trying to get another chapter up, but my game and internet are acting up, so I can't get into the gallery or my save file.

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2012, 07:15:17 PM »
It's great to see your stories again. I've missed them. Welcome back!

Offline DeNile

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2012, 07:35:28 PM »
It's great to see your stories again. I've missed them. Welcome back!

Thanks for the welcome back! I'm going to try and get the gallery to work tonight. Though I'm not sure how well that's going to go. I actually have the chapter written, I just need the stinking gallery to open.  ::)

Offline mandamouse123

• Townie
  • I, too, shall look at the stars.
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 08:51:20 PM »
Wow!  I've never thought of writing a sim-story like this.  I'm really digging the style.  And your writing is great!  My only complaint is that it's too short!  I want to read more!  :)

Offline DeNile

• Immortal
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2012, 09:15:13 PM »
Wow!  I've never thought of writing a sim-story like this.  I'm really digging the style.  And your writing is great!  My only complaint is that it's too short!  I want to read more!  :)

Thank you, and welcome to my readers! Yeah, I write quite a bit, so I'm pretty distinctive in style at this point. And yes, I will post soon. As soon as the Gallery stops hating me. :D

To Everyone: I'll probably update once a week or so after that, mostly because I'm currently writing a novel, which is available online, if anyone is curious. (Shameless Plug) It's superhuman/dystopia, so it keeps me occupied when not playing sims.