Author Topic: Rules: Who's Your Daddy Project  (Read 50463 times)

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
Rules: Who's Your Daddy Project
« on: March 27, 2012, 07:25:30 PM »
A big thanks to Pam, Metro and Carl for allowing me to share this here.   :D

A note: I frequently use the word "challenge" instead of "project" in the rules.  This wasn't originally written to be shared here.  Elsewhere it would be known as a challenge, but since that carries a different meaning here, when I say "challenge," I mean "project."  This isn't a part of the tournament or any of the official challenges by Metro.

Who's Your Daddy? for The Sims 3

History
In 2007 I wrote a challenge for my own amusement.  In 2008 a chance request led to me posting my challenge rules.  Much to my surprise, people liked it and I collaborated with a bunch of creative, amusing simmers/writers to polish the rule set.  When Sims 3 arrived in 2009, I didn't get into it right away.  What little I gleaned from my early experimentation with the game led me to believe my challenge, Who's Your Daddy, wouldn't work well for TS3.  Another player, stircraxy, felt differently.  When she discovered I had no intention of adapting the rules myself, she asked if she might and I gave her my blessing.  She involved me and several others in the development of the original Sims 3 rules for Who's Your Daddy.  Stircraxy updated her rules through Ambitions, but unfortunately has not been around since 2010 and her rules for the challenge don't address the many additions that have been made to the game.

Finally I feel like I know enough about the game to see how Who's Your Daddy can be adapted.  With the help of Jenn from Boolprop, I've put together a new set of rules to include all the expansion packs now in existence, and I hope to still be around and kicking to update them as needed.

The Rules
The letter of the law appears like this.

The spirit of the law is in italics.

Your Who's Your Daddy challenge should be conducted in any town provided by Electronic Arts.

Every custom town I've ever played was designed in some way to make things easier.  If you've got your heart set on a custom town, that's okay, but remember this is supposed to be challenging and having the life fruit on the plant when you move in isn't challenging.

Edit Town is off limits with one exception.  This exception is that you may add to any EA town any expansion-specific EA lot that does not already exist in the town.  These additions should be made if possible before your sim moves in.  You may not use Edit Town to search for fathers.

Tempted to add more?  Your own stuff?  That super cool vampire bar?  That's okay, but remember to keep it a challenge for yourself.  If you don't realize you want this lot or that one until later, adding them later is not the end of the world.  Please only add later on if it means you'll have access to a father you would otherwise not be able to access.

Aging and story progression should be enabled for this challenge.

Create a female, young adult sim in Create-a-Household.  You may not add any other household members of any kind prior to moving in.  You may select her appearance, personality and lifetime wish as you desire.  You may choose to make your sim supernatural, but if you do, you forfeit any bonus you would otherwise have had for the lifespan you choose.  The exception to this are witches, whose lifespan is the same as non-supernaturals.

Move your sim into any home or empty lot she can afford.  Once there, she may only move when she can afford to.  When she moves, her entire household must come with her.

Cheats and/or mods to make things easier are forbidden.

Resetsim and Overwatch are your friends.  Motherlode and Woohooer are not.  Ask yourself if you're giving yourself an advantage.  If so, you know what to do.

Once your sim moves in, she may add pets to her household in any way you wish.  Other than marrying her husband and giving birth to children, the only other ways a sim may join the household is as an imaginary friend made real or as a genie released from its lamp.

Your sim is allowed as much travel as you wish.  Conceptions while traveling are limited to one per destination.

To complete the challenge, your sim will have to live a long time.  All means of lengthening her life built into the game are permissible.  The same goes for her husband, if necessary.  You also have the choice of which lifespan you use, though there will be a bonus (see scoring below) for using shorter lifespans.

All service sims are available, except butlers and Bonehilda.

You may not send your children to boarding school.

Twins and triplets still count as one pregnancy.

Children resulting from anything other than pregnancy, including but not limited to: imaginary friends, time travel, wishing wells, do not count toward your score.

You may allow children to age up on their own or cake them when there are zero days left in the age meter, or you may cake them up early provided they have met certain criteria.
Infants - You may not cake infants.
Toddlers - You may cake a toddler when they have learned to walk, talk and potty.
Children - You may cake children when they have spent three consecutive days on the honor roll and have one best friend.
Teens - You may cake teens when they have spent three consecutive days on the honor roll (as teens), have one romantic interest and either a) learned to drive or b) reached the top of a teen career.

The friend and romantic interest requirements do not need to be unique.  Siblings may share friends and interests.  Imaginary friends may count as both friends and romantic interests, but only if they are made real.  Once made real, they are not subject to the same constraints as the children and may age as you wish.  This also applies to any other children who are not part of the scoring.  The best friend may not be a pet.

When children (including IFs made real) age up to young adult, they must move out within 12 hours.  If you release a genie from its lamp, it should be so that he may father the very next child.  He should move from the household as soon as pregnancy is confirmed (at the first baby bump.)

The goal of Who's Your Daddy is to have this female sim produce 26 pregnancies, each one with a different father.

Scoring
To complete this challenge, you need only do what's stated in bold above: your sim must have 26 pregnancies, each with a different father.  Each pregnancy is worth one point, so if you finish, your base score is 26.  Your "multiplier" is 1.0.  You haven't done anything extra, so your score is just as it is: 26 x 1.0 = 26.  If you stop one pregnancy short, your score is 25, etc.  If you do not complete the challenge, it is still possible to tally a score using the number of pregnancies your sim did have rather than the 26 you were aiming for.

If you do nothing else, your score is done.  If you decide to aim higher, you will multiply your score by another number.  What that number is will depend on how much you achieve.

Father Clusters
Father clusters are groups of fathers who differ from each other in some way.  Each cluster is worth something different, based on the number of fathers included.  To gain the bonus, your sim has to have a child with every father in the cluster.  If you fall one short, you don't get any bonus.  Unlike in previous versions of the rules, the categories are not mutually exclusive.  If the father of Child A is a five star celebrity, a vampire and a Leo, you may check off all three instead of choosing just one.  A checklist is strongly recommended!

The Celebrity Cluster (worth 0.6 bonus)
A father with each of the star levels.  He does not need to maintain his star level at any point after conception occurs.
______ 0 stars
______ 1 star
______ 2 stars
______ 3 stars
______ 4 stars
______ 5 stars

The Occult Cluster (worth 1.0 bonus)
A father who is each of the occults listed below.  If you do not have the expansion pack for a particular creature, you may consider the cluster complete without that creature, but also remember to subtract 0.1 from the bonus.  On the reverse side of that, if you are knowledgeable and can create a pregnancy keeping in the spirit of the rules with other creatures, you may feel free to do so and give yourself an additional 0.1 bonus per additional occult father.
______ genie
______ imaginary friend
______ ghost
______ vampire
______ witch
______ fairy
______ werewolf
______ alien*
______ plantsim**
______ mermaid

* "Alien" can be fulfilled in one of two ways.  Either your sim's husband can be abducted and a pregnancy results from that, or your sim can meet an alien any other way and have a child with him in the ordinary way.  If the husband has the baby, this does not replace the need for your sim to also have a child fathered by him, but the husband's alien baby does count toward the total of 26.

** This "pregnancy" will not be typical, but the relationship with the father and the woohoo should be the same.

The Travel Cluster (worth 0.7 bonus)
A father who is a resident of each of the travel destinations and one from university, since it works the same way.  This child may be conceived on vacation or during a visit by the father to your sim's home.  Tourists already visiting your town are also allowed.
______ Champs Les Sims
______ Al Simhara
______ Shang Simla
______ University
______ The Normal Future
______ The Dystopian Future
______ The Utopian Future

The Job Cluster (worth 1.7 bonus)
A father employed at the time of conception in each rabbit hole career.  For careers with two tracks, only one is needed.  To define "service sim," any sim that does a job that cannot be held by an active sim is eligible.  Sims often switch jobs.  This can be a nuisance if you think you've found Business Dad and he changes careers as you try to build a relationship with him.  Nonetheless, it is the career the father has at the point of conception that matters.  If he switches before conception, you should take his new job into account.  If he switches after, you should continue to count him as having the career he had before.  As with the occult cluster, if you don't have the expansion pack that provides a particular career, the cluster is complete when you collect a father for every listed career you do have.  Be sure to subtract the appropriate amount of bonus from 1.5 (0.1 per career) that you're unable to accomplish for lack of the expansion pack.
______ business
______ criminal
______ culinary
______ journalism
______ law enforcement
______ medical
______ military
______ music
______ political
______ sports
______ science
______ education
______ film
______ service
______ fortune teller
______ astronomer
______ plumbot dealer

The Zodiac Cluster (worth 1.2 bonus)
A father with each of the zodiac signs.
______ Aries
______ Taurus
______ Gemini
______ Cancer
______ Leo
______ Virgo
______ Libra
______ Scorpio
______ Sagittarius
______ Capricorn
______ Aquarius
______ Pisces

Social Group Cluster (worth 0.3 bonus)
These coincide with the University careers.  Since neither the careers nor the social groups exist without the University expansion pack and cannot exist without each other, these careers have been given their own cluster.
______ Nerd/Video Game Developer
______ Rebel/Art Appraiser
______ Jock/Sports Agent

Lifetime Rewards (variable bonus)
Each and every legitimate means to extend a sim's lifespan is allowed, including those in the lifetime rewards.  However, for every lifetime reward you do not use for your sim, you may add 0.01 per reward.  You should calculate this at the end of the challenge by counting the rewards your sim has available and can afford but which she has not purchased.

The Hubby (worth 0.1 bonus + variable bonus)
Your sim must marry before the conception of her last child.  She may marry at any point prior.  Her husband may not move in until it's time to get married.  They must marry.  The last child must be his. For every child conceived at home after the marriage, not counting the last one, you may add 0.01 to your bonus.

Yes, you get a bonus for a requirement.  You're welcome.

Basically, if your sim can cheat successfully, you get the bonus, even if she gets caught.  It only counts if it's at home, though conceptions can take place anywhere.  It might be difficult to juggle the jealousy, so here's the compromise.  Your sim can marry late, but you forego some bonus for it.  Or she can marry earlier and you have to handle having her sneak around.  But they'll need a high enough relationship to try for baby at the very end.

The Boo Boo Clause: because Jenn killed her husband.

The accidental electrocution of Grape Splash brought to my attention an unaddressed "what if."  What if your sim's husband dies?  I don't want this to be the sort of challenge you can fail through unintentional mishap.  Thus the Boo Boo Clause was born.  If your sim's husband dies, whether it be an accident or not, you have two choices.

a) You can resurrect him into either a playable ghost or a fully resurrected sim.  Doing so results in no penalty, but you may not count any at-home conceptions for a bonus from the time of his death until he becomes playable again.

b) Your sim may remarry, however, none of the bonus for at-home conceptions with her first husband count because, as it turned out, he wasn't the one with whom she needed a relationship good enough to conceive her youngest child.  You may begin to obtain at-home conception bonus points with her new husband once she remarries.  If you choose this route, there's a price: a 27th child.  A second husband must father two children with your sim.  Only the first will count toward the base score so that it may not exceed 26.  If, for whatever reason, a third husband is necessary, he must father three children, and so on for any subsequent husbands.

You must choose either a) or b) in the event your sim's husband dies.

Lifespan (variable bonus)
This challenge is meant to be enjoyable.  Not everyone enjoys the same lifespan.  Here's a little something for everyone.
You may play on any preset lifespan provided by the game.  The lifespan should stay the same throughout the challenge.  The setting you choose may bring an extra bonus.   There is no bonus if your sim is a supernatural whose lifespan is altered by being supernatural.  Supernaturals who retain a normal lifespan can still claim this bonus.
(Choose only one.)
Epic - no bonus
Long - add 0.1 bonus
Normal - add 0.2 bonus
Medium - add 0.3. bonus
Short - add 0.4 bonus

The Social Worker (loss of bonus)
If any of your children are removed by the social worker, you lose the 1 point to your base score for each child taken.  This does not end your challenge!  You may continue with a reduced score or you may replace the child or children taken by having an equal number of additional children.  If a child is taken away, the slots filled by its father must be emptied, even resulting in the loss of a completed cluster.  Those slots can be refilled by the fathers of the replacement kids.  This penalty shall also apply in the case of any child that dies before leaving home.

What's Your Score?
The challenge ends when the youngest child is born.

Add up all your bonuses.  Now add 1.  (This is the same 1.0 someone who simply completed the 26 pregnancies uses.)  This is your "multiplier."  Multiply 26 (or however many pregnancies your sim had, up to 26) by your multiplier to get your final score.

Though there is no leaderboard, I would love to hear how others do at this.  If there are any questions or clarifications, please feel free to ask; many creative minds are what made this project happen.   :)

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
Re: Who's Your Daddy Project
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 06:48:00 PM »
Sounds like fun...getting ready to go start right now.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 10:49:22 PM »
Glad to hear it.   :)  I've started one, too, though updates will be few and far between.  I look forward to seeing how it goes for you.   8)

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 04:17:59 PM »
I made an addition to these rules.  It takes up a lot of space, but really is just a what-if.  I added it to the rules in the first post, but I'll post it here so you don't necessarily have to hunt down the change.

The Boo Boo Clause: because Jenn killed her husband.

The accidental electrocution of Grape Splash brought to my attention an unaddressed "what if."  What if your sim's husband dies?  I don't want this to be the sort of challenge you can fail through unintentional mishap.  Thus the Boo Boo Clause was born.  If your sim's husband dies, whether it be an accident or not, you have two choices.

a) You can resurrect him into either a playable ghost or a fully resurrected sim.  Doing so results in no penalty, but you may not count any at-home conceptions for a bonus from the time of his death until he becomes playable again.

b) Your sim may remarry, however, none of the bonus for at-home conceptions with her first husband count because, as it turned out, he wasn't the one with whom she needed a relationship good enough to conceive her youngest child.  You may begin to obtain at-home conception bonus points with her new husband once she remarries.  If you choose this route, there's a price: a 27th child.  A second husband must father two children with your sim.  Only the first will count toward the base score so that it may not exceed 26.  If, for whatever reason, a third husband is necessary, he must father three children, and so on for any subsequent husbands.

You must choose either a) or b) in the event your sim's husband dies.

I also made a very minor change to make the end of the challenge when the youngest child is born, instead of the birth of the 26th pregnancy, since this addition creates the possibility of a 27th pregnancy.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 04:21:18 PM »
I made a few small tweaks after I received some questions.

Like the occult cluster, if you don't possess all the expansion packs to complete the job cluster, consider it completed when you've collected a father from each of the listed careers that you do have and subtract 0.1 from the bonus for that cluster for each career you can't complete.  That only goes for if you don't own the expansion pack.

Taking into account children that come about in ways other than pregnancy, children from time travel and wishing wells have been added to the list of those that don't count for a score, like imaginary friends.  Similarly, these children are not subject to the same aging restrictions as those who are scored.  If you want to make it that much harder for yourself by raising extra kids, be my guest.  :D

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 09:05:29 PM »
Edited the rules to account for Supernatural.  If anyone sees any inconsistencies or incorrect numbers, please let me know!

Added Bonehilda to the restricted service sims.

Added the Fortune Teller career to the Career Cluster and raised its bonus.

Added fairies, werewolves and witches to the Occult Cluster and raised its bonus.

Added a stipulation regarding the aging bonus if you decide to play this challenge with a supernatural mother sim.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 09:18:09 AM »
I'm very interested! I guess I just enjoy doing projects.
Check out my new story here!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 04:36:46 PM »
Good to hear, MissPlumBob!  I always enjoy reading WYDs. :)

Offline oxJennxo

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 02:05:17 PM »
I really need to do this one again with the newest stuff, and preferably without killing the husband this time.  I will be aiming for a mid-November start so that we can see what happens when Seasons comes out. 

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 06:43:16 PM »
Wow, twice the WYD, twice the fun!   ;D

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2012, 01:33:41 PM »
A player pointed out a rule that is no longer necessary as EA seems to have fixed the problem.  Pregnancies conceived on vacation now appear to progress and the child to develop normally once the mother returns home, so the ban on vacation conceptions has been lifted.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 03:01:54 PM »
I've been playing a new file for this project, and I have an idea that I want you to consider.

It might be possible to have a father from each of the five boarding schools. How does that sound?

EDIT: Hahaha... What happens in the case of an autonomous divorce? I just had this happen...
Check out my new story here!

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 12:04:42 PM »
Just curious as to how a female will find a mate after having so many kids with so many different fathers! Has anyone actually done this? My sim had 4 different fathers and other male sims seemed to reject her.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 06:55:01 PM »
@MoMoll A couple people have gotten pretty far along or even finished.  Jenn's comes to mind immediately: http://boosbooboos.wordpress.com/  She never mentioned a problem with getting men to accept her sim's advances, but she's got a comment on this page if you'd like to message her yourself.

@MissPlumbBob  Good questions!  I'm still thinking about the private school cluster.  It's seems like such a small part of the game to include, but we did include zodiac signs and those are only just now getting more attention.  About your autonomous divorce, handle it as if the husband had died.  If you stay divorced, the at-home conceptions while he was the husband don't count as at-home anymore and your sim will have to produce an extra child with her new husband.  Or they can remarry without penalty, just remember not to count at-home conceptions again until they do remarry.  I'll put that in the rules next chance I get.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 07:15:48 PM »
Just curious as to how a female will find a mate after having so many kids with so many different fathers! Has anyone actually done this? My sim had 4 different fathers and other male sims seemed to reject her.

I got as far as eight fathers. Try using Above Reproach LTR.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 08:49:04 AM »
Just one very small change for Seasons.  Alien Dad added to Occult Cluster.  Either wife or husband can do this one, counts for the total but not for wife's baby with husband.  Otherwise haven't heard of any reasons to restrict anything else.

Offline oxJennxo

• Nooboo
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2012, 11:40:14 AM »
@MoMoll - I had all the rewards, Attractive, Long Distance Friend, Eye Candy, Master of Seduction, Above Reproach and a million times had to buy the Clean Slate until I finally started remembering to break it off with her romantic interests and got the No Jealousy reward. 

I also did not start the challenge until about 2-4 weeks in with all of the rewards. 

Offline FireRaye93

• Townie
  • I am burdened with glorious plumbobs.
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 09:02:05 AM »
This looks very interesting. I can't wait to try it for myself. I'm going to wait to get Seasons (and hopefully Supernatural) before I start though.
Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 02:15:03 PM »
I hear you, FireRaye93.  I just received Supernatural and Seasons, like, 15 minutes ago as an early Christmas gift.  Too bad I've already started this challenge again.  I wonder if I can hold off installing them until I've finished.   :o

Offline FireRaye93

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, 04:22:27 PM »
Waiting to install them seems like an impossible task, Csquared2. Do you think you can complete such a serious, high profile mission?  8)

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2012, 04:28:34 PM »
lol It can't be any harder than committing myself to actually finishing this challenge!  I just did a Baby Boomer with 17 kids, so maybe I'm finally ready for 26. :D

Offline FireRaye93

• Townie
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2012, 04:32:21 PM »
Wow! That's more than I've ever gotten on a baby boomer. I think I've only ever managed to get to 11 or 12. I have a lot of practicing to do before I do this challenge.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2013, 09:28:51 PM »
The rules have been edited for University.  A plantsim father has been added to the occult cluster and a new cluster, social group, has been added also.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2013, 09:43:40 PM »
The rules have been edited for University.  A plantsim father has been added to the occult cluster and a new cluster, social group, has been added also.

Cool! I haven't play my WYD file in forever...hmmmm. I did use the mother on the BB Challenge though. Poor thing can't catch a break! Good thing she likes kids. At least she had a father in the home to help her that time.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2013, 10:06:54 PM »
Cool! I haven't play my WYD file in forever...hmmmm. I did use the mother on the BB Challenge though. Poor thing can't catch a break! Good thing she likes kids. At least she had a father in the home to help her that time.

She really is a glutton for punishment!

Who am I kidding?  My sim mom lives like a queen!

Offline oxJennxo

• Nooboo
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2013, 07:14:21 AM »
Thanks CSquared!  I grabbed the updated version and will put it on Boo's page.  I can't get the other site to load this morning, so I am glad I could find it here too. 

I am seriously going to have to start a new version this month since there isn't another EP until June.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2013, 12:43:50 PM »
Per Jenn's suggestion, I added a University father to the travel cluster, since it works in the same manner as a travel destination.

molly1231

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2013, 12:37:19 PM »
I like this project and do you have to do the clusters?

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2013, 03:18:18 PM »
molly1231, no, there's no need to take the clusters into consideration when playing.  26 kids with 26 dads is still the deal.  :)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2013, 11:00:00 AM »
Curiosity:  I am playing this and the husband was very close to divorce until I went all Sims-Dr.-Phil on them.  If the husband would have divorced her, but I got them back together, would the earlier points from home conceptions still count, or would it stat ofver from the beginning of their second marriage?

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2013, 09:56:35 PM »
Oh, wow, we got stickied!   8)

I would treat a divorce as if the father had died and were resurrected.  If she divorced and remarried the same man, the conceptions at home while they were married both times count, but not those in between the divorce and remarriage.  Keep in mind that if they divorce, he has to move out because the only adult to remain living with her should be her husband.  You'd have to set him loose and then recapture him.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2013, 09:58:07 PM »
Okay, that's what I'd figured, but wanted to make sure I was honoring the intentions of the rules given that relationship management is a big part of this challenge.

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2013, 03:33:27 AM »
Hi!
Permitted that I move out a young adult within 12 hours, is it permissible that they(the young adult) can conceive a child?
Moving out: Is kicking out allowed? Is moving out via a marriage ok? Or do I need to purchase a different lot/house and then move out?
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2013, 04:30:59 PM »
Hi!
Permitted that I move out a young adult within 12 hours, is it permissible that they(the young adult) can conceive a child?
Moving out: Is kicking out allowed? Is moving out via a marriage ok? Or do I need to purchase a different lot/house and then move out?

Yes, that would be within the letter of the law.  Regarding how they move out, that's entirely up to you.  What matters is that they leave and don't stay behind to contribute to household finances and child care.  How they go is your choice.

Offline ve1ocity

• Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2013, 09:27:40 AM »
Yes, that would be within the letter of the law.  Regarding how they move out, that's entirely up to you.  What matters is that they leave and don't stay behind to contribute to household finances and child care.  How they go is your choice.

Yay thanks! I can't wait for Milla to have grandkids:D!
Mission Unnamed

Offline ve1ocity

• Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2013, 03:20:07 PM »
Just a clarification : Mermaids are allowed as occults aren't they ? :)
Mission Unnamed

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2013, 09:18:47 AM »
Thanks for that nudge, ve1ocity.  I added mermaid to the occult cluster and adjusted the cluster's worth.   :)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2013, 12:54:31 PM »
Does the mascot who bring the "University bucket" to your house count for the University father on the travel cluster?  Wasn't sure if he counted along the same lines as a tourist or if traveling to the University to find the father is the requirement.  I can't recall that I've ever seen the same "visiting mascot" at the university and that individual seems to just become a resident of my town after they drop off the bucket.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2013, 01:29:07 PM »
The mascot is more like a service NPC than anything else. They're tied to the homeworld, and I once saw one chilling at the park long after he delivered the bucket of University goodies. I'll argue for mascots to be included as a service sim in the careers cluster.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2013, 09:50:55 PM »
I think Trip's reasoning is good.  If a sim only appears in the home world, and also has a recognizable "job" an active sim can't do, then I think service sim is the best category for them.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2013, 08:46:11 PM »
This could be crazy talk, but I wanted to check it out anyway.  The woohooer mod has apparently been updated so that s Sim can actually have a baby with a plantsim.  This being the case, would it still be in the spirit of this challenge/project to play with woohooer on just long enough to get the founder pregnant (and probably through delivery) with a plantsim's baby so that it is actually born of her rather than grown by her?   That would add to the challenge, I'd think, in that she'd have to either learn how to grow/create a plantsim (or make a spouse or child do it) and then woo said plantsim after he had grown.  It also poses the challenge that said grown plantsim may be female and the whole growth process may need replicating.  Is that legit within the spirit of this?

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2013, 10:44:18 PM »
Sorry to take so long in response.  I thought I was checking here daily, but evidently not!

I think that if you set a goal for yourself that you don't think is easy in order to add something to the challenge, you're following the spirits of the rules.  I wouldn't want to add it to the rules so as not to require a mod to complete the challenge, but for an individual player, I think that's fine.  :)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2013, 10:48:32 PM »
Sorry to take so long in response.  I thought I was checking here daily, but evidently not!

I think that if you set a goal for yourself that you don't think is easy in order to add something to the challenge, you're following the spirits of the rules.  I wouldn't want to add it to the rules so as not to require a mod to complete the challenge, but for an individual player, I think that's fine.  :)
Great!  Thanks.  I'm glad that it fits the challenge itself in your eyes.  It will be the first time woohooer has come in handy for a story I've done.

jsiberian

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2013, 10:31:45 PM »
I think in the previous re-write of the rules for the Sims 3 (from forever ago, and I could just be remembering something made up, so forgive me if I'm wrong), you'd be able to add to your score by having children fulfill Lifetime Wishes before leaving the household upon young adulthood. Is that still an option?

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2013, 09:23:40 AM »
jsiberian, it appears that yes, stircraxy did give credit for the original TS3 rewrite for anyone achieving their LTW.  You can find that here if you'd like to take a look.  The link is to Boolprop, where the original TS2 version was published.

For this version, we didn't include that.  This challenge was significantly more difficult in Sims 2 than it is in Sims 3.  That can be said for a lot of things about the game.  In trying to remain true to the core of the challenge, building oodles of relationships and simultaneously raising oodles of children, that just wasn't as important and got cut.  It was never really central to the original rules anyway.  Teenage sims are welcome to complete LTWs and you're welcome to keep any items they earn as a result, but the LTW itself doesn't add any extra points to your score.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2013, 05:07:35 PM »
Added the two ITF rabbit hole careers to the career cluster.

Offline forever_mone

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2013, 01:23:56 PM »
Hi CSquared2,

I'm thinking about trying this project, just to see how far I got before I go nuts. :P But I do have a couple of questions regarding the scoring.

The social group cluster has the jobs associated with it that a sim could get upon reaching the last level of the social group. Does the father have to have the job or can he only be associated with the social group?

My other question is regarding the lifetime rewards. Specifically which would we count? I know about the Young Again Potion and the Age Freeze Potion lifetime rewards. Are there any others that you can think of or that we would count in tallying up our score?

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2013, 05:25:29 PM »
Hi, forever_mone,

Regarding your first question, the father should have that career at the time of conception.

Regarding your second question, count all the lifetime rewards available to her that she has not purchased, even if you think that particular LTR is ridiculous and you never use it.  The only ones you should not count are the ones she's purchased.  For some (like Change of Taste), they can be purchased more than once, but try to remember that she's done so and not count those.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2013, 11:07:43 PM »
Finally made a decision about the futures and added all three to the travel cluster.

Online LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2014, 02:47:50 AM »
Would we be allowed to change the lifestates of the men in the town we are using? And is it allowed to change the husbands lifestate to something we are missing before having the last child with him?

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2014, 09:29:39 PM »
Yes to both.  However they become supernatural, the meeting, wooing and woohooing should be as cheaty-free as possible.  The categories are in no way mutually exclusive (beyond one man fathering two pregnancies) so changing the husband to a supernatural to fulfill an additional slot is fine as long as he's supernatural at conception.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2014, 01:19:37 PM »
Just a curiosity that struck me while playing in Zheena's file (she's up to M now!!), since a plantsim counts as an offspring, would clone (in the way of the science machine thing) count as well?  Seems they're both along the same lines, so I wasn't sure why it wouldn't unless it's because the plantsim is a lifestate and clone is not?

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2014, 12:31:14 PM »
Can I have a plumbot?

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2014, 09:30:27 AM »

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2014, 12:44:01 PM »
So, since plantsims count as babies, do clones from the science machine thing also count?  Loving this challenge, by the way.  Baby "P" is currently in utero!!
Also, just a strategy tip, I try to always keep my household full so when a kid graduates and moves out, I only have one spot for a new member.  This helps avoid twins and triplets!

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2014, 05:55:30 PM »
Hmmm.  I don't think clones should count.  It's the father that counts, so to have a father who was a clone, you'd have to level up in science, then clone someone, which would add a baby to your household.  You'd have to raise the baby, then use him as a father.  Which would go against the rules of adding people to your household.  Unlike the imaginary friend and the genie, who exist as inactive non-household members until you make them active, the cloned child would be active the whole time.  It also just doesn't seem special enough to warrant adding it to the supernatural cluster.  What if you cloned Christopher Steel?  No big deal.

No to a cloned child counting for one of the 26, too.  No woohoo, no pregnancy.  No relationship to build and maintain, nothing challenging about that but the time invested.  It would have fit very well in the TS2 rules, but since the TS3 rules really focuses on collecting fathers, I think that one's out.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2014, 06:38:12 PM »
Hmmm.  I don't think clones should count.  It's the father that counts, so to have a father who was a clone, you'd have to level up in science, then clone someone, which would add a baby to your household.  You'd have to raise the baby, then use him as a father.  Which would go against the rules of adding people to your household.  Unlike the imaginary friend and the genie, who exist as inactive non-household members until you make them active, the cloned child would be active the whole time.  It also just doesn't seem special enough to warrant adding it to the supernatural cluster.  What if you cloned Christopher Steel?  No big deal.
No to a cloned child counting for one of the 26, too.  No woohoo, no pregnancy.  No relationship to build and maintain, nothing challenging about that but the time invested.  It would have fit very well in the TS2 rules, but since the TS3 rules really focuses on collecting fathers, I think that one's out.
Fair enough.  I just figured since the plantsim was unconventional in the lack of a father, the clone seemed to fit in the same category.  I suppose clone is not a life state, so to speak, so that makes some sense. 

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2014, 10:38:48 AM »
Fair enough.  I just figured since the plantsim was unconventional in the lack of a father, the clone seemed to fit in the same category.  I suppose clone is not a life state, so to speak, so that makes some sense.

Yeah, you said that much more succinctly than I managed.   ;D  I think it's the life state portion that sticks the most.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2014, 11:35:12 AM »
I read this a long while ago, but I feel ready to try it soon as a break while working on my Immortal Dynasty. The elders are starting to drive me a little bonkers....time to let a bunch nooboos do that instead.

Offline stargirl22

• Nooboo
    • Sims Stuff
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2014, 10:49:53 AM »
Hi I am starting this challenge as an side challenge to my legacies so updates will be irregular.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2014, 11:02:53 AM »
Stargirl I'm editing your post to remove all-caps. Good luck on the project.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline stargirl22

• Nooboo
    • Sims Stuff
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2014, 03:27:08 PM »
My sim went to uni, but you can't try for baby on campus and the sim she's romantic interests with won't visit does anyone know what I can do

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2014, 11:13:14 AM »
My sim went to uni, but you can't try for baby on campus and the sim she's romantic interests with won't visit does anyone know what I can do
Actually, I've had a few different Sims successfully court and woohoo Sims at uni, and the try for baby option has always come up.  If you're not getting those options, maybe you need to try at a different location or just lead the other Sim nearer to a bed so you can do the "relax" "cuddle in bed" "try for baby" chain of actions.  In my WYD game, Zheena got pregnant by one of the professors.  I used the chain listed above to make that happen.  Hope that helps.

Offline stargirl22

• Nooboo
    • Sims Stuff
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2014, 01:44:30 PM »
woo-hoo has they have done that but try for baby doesn't come up. are you using any mods that allow pregnancy at uni

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2014, 09:44:57 PM »
woo-hoo has they have done that but try for baby doesn't come up. are you using any mods that allow pregnancy at uni
Nope.  Straight up base game is in effect for the WYD.  I didn't even have story progression going at that point.  It should show up just like it does for the WA locations.  She won't start to show or have sickness until she returns home, though.  It's possible the game just didn't boot properly.  Perhaps quitting the file and then restarting it would help?  Zheena couldn't conceive at one point (about 18 kids in) and I was terrified that the file was ruined.  However, I quit the file, then started it up again several days later and she conceived right away.  I'd definitely try restarting it if you haven't already.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2014, 03:59:32 AM »
I am thinking of giving this a try :)

Anyway, I tried my hand at coming up with a Spreadsheet for this, using Google Sheets. The link to my effort is in the link below. I've marked it is as unofficial, because I'd rather it get 'approved' by CSquared.

Scoresheet - Who's Your Daddy (unofficial).

Dek

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2014, 09:49:09 AM »
Nice spreadsheet. I had this info scrawled on a piece of paper, meaning to create a spreadsheet, but hadn't got around to it yet. Thanks!

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2014, 10:17:32 AM »
I am thinking of giving this a try :)

Anyway, I tried my hand at coming up with a Spreadsheet for this, using Google Sheets. The link to my effort is in the link below. I've marked it is as unofficial, because I'd rather it get 'approved' by CSquared.

Scoresheet - Who's Your Daddy (unofficial).

Dek

I like it.  Let me get Jenn to look at it, too.  I think she's much better at spotting the small "oops, this is missing" stuff.

Offline oxJennxo

• Nooboo
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2014, 11:30:55 AM »
This looks really good.  You did forget Law Enforcement under the job cluster, but that does seem to be the only thing missing.

Do you have any interest in doing the formulas for the scoring?  I am horrid at math and was forever getting my score incorrect. 

Offline stargirl22

• Nooboo
    • Sims Stuff
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2014, 02:53:48 PM »
well still can't get the try for baby up so I am just not going to take uni into the travel cluster and take 0.1 off of the travel cluster.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2014, 04:14:47 PM »
I'll get law enforcement added. I'll give the scoring a go as well :)

Offline oxJennxo

• Nooboo
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2014, 07:09:39 AM »
well still can't get the try for baby up so I am just not going to take uni into the travel cluster and take 0.1 off of the travel cluster.

You can always head back home and invite your Uni choice over for a visit, that's what I had to do.  I have never had the TFB option at Uni show up.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2014, 01:52:24 PM »

No problem.  We have to do our best with the imperfect product at our disposal.   ;)

Offline stargirl22

• Nooboo
    • Sims Stuff
« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2014, 03:47:16 AM »
ok thanks for the replies, I will be updating the WYD on Sundays and heres the frist update

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2014, 12:18:35 AM »
If our sim is a witch, could we still have the lifespan bonus?

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2014, 10:14:04 AM »
If our sim is a witch, could we still have the lifespan bonus?

Yes.  Any legitimate (non-mod) means of extending mom's lifespan is allowed.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2014, 03:58:32 PM »
But it says in the ruleset that that removes lifespan bonus. But a witch has the same lifespan as a normal sim, so wouldn't that be allowed? With a lifespan bonus?

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2014, 10:59:10 AM »
But it says in the ruleset that that removes lifespan bonus. But a witch has the same lifespan as a normal sim, so wouldn't that be allowed? With a lifespan bonus?

Good point.  If a supernatural still has the same lifespan settings as a non-supernatural sim, you can still claim the lifespan bonus.  Thanks for pointing that out, I'll change that.

Offline mistysun978

• Nooboo
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2014, 01:19:28 AM »
I had a question regarding extending a sim's lifespan. I know it states any method included in the game, but does that mean we can also use the cow plant from EA or is that off limit since it is a store item?

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2014, 09:50:07 PM »
The cow plant is allowed.  It's still content provided by EA for TS3.  The limitation on methods of extending a sim's lifespan is aimed at mods that would merely switch aging off with zero effort on the simmer's part.

Offline Siergiej

• name ↑ is basically Serge
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2014, 08:03:17 PM »
Your sim is allowed as much travel as you wish.  Conceptions while traveling are limited to the three required to obtain the travel cluster, one per destination.
The travel cluster has 7 destinations now though. Also, there is some debate about whether or not can you try for baby in campo. I clearly remember simgurus saying, before the addon was published, that it would not be possible by design. Maybe the ruleset should be simply "Conceptions while traveling are limited to one per destination"?
And what about the Boarding Schools cluster, was that idea rejected for good?

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2014, 10:17:57 AM »
The travel cluster has 7 destinations now though. Also, there is some debate about whether or not can you try for baby in campo. I clearly remember simgurus saying, before the addon was published, that it would not be possible by design. Maybe the ruleset should be simply "Conceptions while traveling are limited to one per destination"?
And what about the Boarding Schools cluster, was that idea rejected for good?

Good idea for the wording on the travel destinations.  Thanks for that.

Do you mean a boarding school cluster as in the father attended the school?

Offline Siergiej

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2014, 01:12:10 PM »
Do you mean a boarding school cluster as in the father attended the school?
Yes. It was discussed briefly here, and it sounds like fun :)

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2014, 07:05:24 PM »
Yes. It was discussed briefly here, and it sounds like fun :)

Phew, that was a long time ago.  I guess I stopped thinking about it!  I'm tempted to say "Sims 4 is almost here, nothing is going to change about Sims 3 anymore, so no more updates, so why an addition now?"  BUT, what do you think of adding it to the social group cluster and renaming that, like, Private School/University?

Offline Siergiej

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2014, 03:40:46 AM »
Well, your challenge has already been around for quite a long time, and there are people who completed it using current ruling, so I can see your point, and it makes sense to me (just not because of the TS4 coming and TS3 halting, but still, fair enough).

For the social group cluster, it seems, the father should work in an University career, which is a rare occurence in the game unless the player puts some effort into it. I think, for this cluster the mother should be level 10 in all social groups (or a popular blogger), get a job in the desired Uni career, wait for coworkers to spawn, woohoo a coworker, 'rinse and repeat'. While it's doable, it is certainly quite challenging. And I can't really compare this to meeting all 5 private school graduates (or 6, to include the public school) -- we can literally bump into those ones on the street without any effort from our side. So, while both tasks are fun, the 'private schools' task would be comparatively so much easier that I don't feel it belongs to the same category as the 'social groups' task.

So yeah, it seems in afterthought that the addition of private schools to the challenge is unneccessary.
Thank you very much for your replies!

P.S. Sorry if this response was possibly not all that clear; English is not my native language.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2014, 10:55:51 AM »
No, your response was fine.  If this were a year ago, I think I'd add the private school bit, but I think now it's too late in the game.  Sorry to have forgotten it, but thankfully it's a might big challenge at it is, no shortage of things to balance.

Offline LadyThyme

• Never Dull
  • Nooboo
Re: Rules: Who's Your Daddy Project
« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2017, 12:33:41 PM »
I just wanted to say that I read the rules and Jenn's and hazelnut's stories playing this project, all over the course of the week. I loved it so much that I signed up here, in order to make one of my own.