Author Topic: Rules: Who's Your Daddy Project  (Read 50202 times)

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
Re: Who's Your Daddy Project
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2013, 05:07:35 PM »
Added the two ITF rabbit hole careers to the career cluster.

Offline forever_mone

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2013, 01:23:56 PM »
Hi CSquared2,

I'm thinking about trying this project, just to see how far I got before I go nuts. :P But I do have a couple of questions regarding the scoring.

The social group cluster has the jobs associated with it that a sim could get upon reaching the last level of the social group. Does the father have to have the job or can he only be associated with the social group?

My other question is regarding the lifetime rewards. Specifically which would we count? I know about the Young Again Potion and the Age Freeze Potion lifetime rewards. Are there any others that you can think of or that we would count in tallying up our score?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2013, 05:25:29 PM »
Hi, forever_mone,

Regarding your first question, the father should have that career at the time of conception.

Regarding your second question, count all the lifetime rewards available to her that she has not purchased, even if you think that particular LTR is ridiculous and you never use it.  The only ones you should not count are the ones she's purchased.  For some (like Change of Taste), they can be purchased more than once, but try to remember that she's done so and not count those.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2013, 11:07:43 PM »
Finally made a decision about the futures and added all three to the travel cluster.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2014, 02:47:50 AM »
Would we be allowed to change the lifestates of the men in the town we are using? And is it allowed to change the husbands lifestate to something we are missing before having the last child with him?

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2014, 09:29:39 PM »
Yes to both.  However they become supernatural, the meeting, wooing and woohooing should be as cheaty-free as possible.  The categories are in no way mutually exclusive (beyond one man fathering two pregnancies) so changing the husband to a supernatural to fulfill an additional slot is fine as long as he's supernatural at conception.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2014, 01:19:37 PM »
Just a curiosity that struck me while playing in Zheena's file (she's up to M now!!), since a plantsim counts as an offspring, would clone (in the way of the science machine thing) count as well?  Seems they're both along the same lines, so I wasn't sure why it wouldn't unless it's because the plantsim is a lifestate and clone is not?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2014, 12:31:14 PM »
Can I have a plumbot?

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2014, 09:30:27 AM »

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2014, 12:44:01 PM »
So, since plantsims count as babies, do clones from the science machine thing also count?  Loving this challenge, by the way.  Baby "P" is currently in utero!!
Also, just a strategy tip, I try to always keep my household full so when a kid graduates and moves out, I only have one spot for a new member.  This helps avoid twins and triplets!

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2014, 05:55:30 PM »
Hmmm.  I don't think clones should count.  It's the father that counts, so to have a father who was a clone, you'd have to level up in science, then clone someone, which would add a baby to your household.  You'd have to raise the baby, then use him as a father.  Which would go against the rules of adding people to your household.  Unlike the imaginary friend and the genie, who exist as inactive non-household members until you make them active, the cloned child would be active the whole time.  It also just doesn't seem special enough to warrant adding it to the supernatural cluster.  What if you cloned Christopher Steel?  No big deal.

No to a cloned child counting for one of the 26, too.  No woohoo, no pregnancy.  No relationship to build and maintain, nothing challenging about that but the time invested.  It would have fit very well in the TS2 rules, but since the TS3 rules really focuses on collecting fathers, I think that one's out.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2014, 06:38:12 PM »
Hmmm.  I don't think clones should count.  It's the father that counts, so to have a father who was a clone, you'd have to level up in science, then clone someone, which would add a baby to your household.  You'd have to raise the baby, then use him as a father.  Which would go against the rules of adding people to your household.  Unlike the imaginary friend and the genie, who exist as inactive non-household members until you make them active, the cloned child would be active the whole time.  It also just doesn't seem special enough to warrant adding it to the supernatural cluster.  What if you cloned Christopher Steel?  No big deal.
No to a cloned child counting for one of the 26, too.  No woohoo, no pregnancy.  No relationship to build and maintain, nothing challenging about that but the time invested.  It would have fit very well in the TS2 rules, but since the TS3 rules really focuses on collecting fathers, I think that one's out.
Fair enough.  I just figured since the plantsim was unconventional in the lack of a father, the clone seemed to fit in the same category.  I suppose clone is not a life state, so to speak, so that makes some sense. 

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2014, 10:38:48 AM »
Fair enough.  I just figured since the plantsim was unconventional in the lack of a father, the clone seemed to fit in the same category.  I suppose clone is not a life state, so to speak, so that makes some sense.

Yeah, you said that much more succinctly than I managed.   ;D  I think it's the life state portion that sticks the most.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2014, 11:35:12 AM »
I read this a long while ago, but I feel ready to try it soon as a break while working on my Immortal Dynasty. The elders are starting to drive me a little bonkers....time to let a bunch nooboos do that instead.

Offline stargirl22

• Nooboo
    • Sims Stuff
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2014, 10:49:53 AM »
Hi I am starting this challenge as an side challenge to my legacies so updates will be irregular.

anything