News My YouTube channel has grown a lot the last 6 months. I now have over 100 videos on Youtube and am nearing 50k subscribers. I'd like to invite people to check out my content and, if you like what I'm doing, subscribe!
The Sims 4: Quick Gardening
Graft and Take Cutting to Get Rare Plants
Taking Cuttings, then Grafting them to existing plants will produce new types of plants, but only in the right combination!
Once you've leveled Gardening to 5, you can begin taking cuttings from plants in your garden and in the wild. These can then be grafted onto other plants. The base plant type determines the type of cutting you get as well as the graft result (so first listed in a plant that has multiple types growing). Having other harvestables growing from a plant doesn't matter, so long as the first one listed is the right type. So a tulip base cutting grafted onto a chrysanthemum base plant will produce bird of paradise.
The base type is what matters, not what else is on the plant. This applies to both grafting and take cutting. The base here is Orchid.
You can take cutting from either type of plant in this list and graft it onto the other. It works in both directions. Some plants grow faster than others, however, so I've listed them in such a way that the one you'll graft it onto is the faster-growing type of plant.
Common Plant Grafting
Why mess with those from seed packets? Well, the new fruit will be of the same quality as the base plant. So you can skip several evolution levels by getting it from grafting, while getting Gardening Skill XP in the process.
- Grape (Common) - Graft Bluebell onto Strawberry
- Parsley (Common) - Graft Sage onto Basil
- Plantain (Common) - Graft Pear onto Lemon
Rare Plant Grafting
- Bird of Paradise (Rare) - Graft Tulip onto Chrysanthemum.
- Bonsai Buds (Rare) - Graft Daisy onto Strawberry.
- Bonsai Buds (Rare) - Graft Roses onto Grape.
- Pomegranate (Rare) - Graft Cherry onto Apple.
- Dragonfruit (Rare) - Graft Snapdragon onto Strawberry.
- Cow Berry (Rare) - Graft Dragonfruit onto Snapdragon.
- Orchid (Rare) - Graft Lily onto Snapdragon.
- Death Flower (Rare) - Graft Pomegranate onto Orchid.
Getting a death flower can be extrapolated by using the above info, but I'll simplify it for you here:
- Graft Cherry to Apple to make Pomegranate
- Graft Lily to Snapdragon to make Orchid
- Graft Pomegranate to Orchid to make Death Flowers
- Harvest the Death Flowers, Plant one, and enjoy unlimited Death Flowers, which can be given to the Reaper by another Sim to save his target from death!
Learn the locations of all plants with our Gardening Plant List here.
5 Million Views!
Latest Videos and Guides
- Sims 4 Ultimate Gameplay Tips Video
- Lot Traits Updated for all DLC
- 10 Objects that Add Gameplay to The Sims 4
- 10+ Mods That Add or Improve Gameplay in The Sims 4
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
Discover University Expansion
The Sims 4 Discover University has been announced for November 15 for PC/Mac and December 17 for Xbox and Playstation 4 consoles. Click to learn more about the pack, see my summary of the livestream or read our FAQs below.
- New Video Discover University Review
- New Video The Sims 4 Discover University Super Student
- New Engineering Career - Mechanical or Computer
- NEW Student Organizations (University Groups)
- Gameplay Features Guide (Robotics, Secret Society) Video
- Updated! Discover University Cheats
- Updated: Degrees Guide now also features a Scholarships List
- Discover University Features Guide
- Education Career - Professor or Administrator?
- Research and Debate Skill - Convince Others & Debate Guild
- Robotics and Cybernetics
- The Secret Society of Britechester
More videos coming soon!
New Patch for November 2019!
Realm of Magic
Search the Site
- Discover University
- Realm of Magic Game Pack
- Island Living Expansion
- Island Living Cheats
- Clean up Sulani
- Get Famous
- Careers and Top Jobs
- Skill Guides
- Get to Work
- Get Together
- City Living
- Cats and Dogs
- Style Influencer
- Terrain Tools
We now have a Videos page, where I'll list every submission to our Sims 4 Gameplay Guides Channel. I'm taking feedback seriously, improving recording and sound quality and other issues with my video guides. Let me know what you think and subscribe for more like it. If you comment on the videos page with a request I may bump it higher on my to do list (no promises though!). Here is a listing of all videos released to date, in order of release:
Sims 4 February Patch Summary
Get Famous: Celestial Crystal Crown
Visit My Channel to Subscribe!
Get Famous First Impressions
First Person Mode (Sims 4 Update)
Get Famous Acting Livestream
Livestream Summary (Latest Patch News)
Patch News: COMING SOON
The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion
Archaeology Guide (Jungle Adventure)
Jungle Adventure Gameplay
Nerd Brain and Computer Whiz
Spa Day Review and Gameplay Guide
The Sims 4 Whims & How to Use Them
Ambrosia Ingredients and Raising the Dead
The Sims 4: Making a Super Sim
The Sims 4 Careers (Improved)
Seasons Holiday Decorations Guide
Cool Kitchen Stuff
How to Woohoo & Try for Baby
Playing a Moocher
Sims 4 Writing Skill
Father Winter's Baby
Flower Shop Seasons/Get to Work Retail