Author Topic: MultiTab 6000 Issues  (Read 54600 times)

HannahEloiseee

MultiTab 6000 Issues
« on: May 07, 2012, 09:00:39 AM »
I've had the new MultiTab 6000 in my game since it game out and it's worked fine. Today I deleted my sims 3 DCbackup folder and the tablet stop working. I can't listen to the tabcast atal, I can play online games, read, buy books just not listen to the tabcast.

I've reinstalled the pack and re-started a new game and that have not worked. Anybody know how I can fix this?

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
Re: MultiTab 6000
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 12:32:42 PM »
Have you deleted the contents of DCBackup or the folder fully (in itself I mean)? Even if you are doing a clean-up, you should still keep the folder. You can delete its contents but that's it. If you have deleted the folder fully, I would advise creating a new folder in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, titled "DCBackup".

Anywho, if you haven't deleted the folder itself and only its contents, then can you please remember if you have deleted the ccmerged.package file too? There have been rumours going around that deleting this file makes store items function incorrectly. Some people are having issues if they delete that particular file and others do not, so this is something questionable, but it could turn out to be true. The file [ccmerged.package] contains information about moodlets and interactions associated with downloadable premium content items from the store so this is why people think that deleting this file, especially after the release of recent premium items, such as the deep fryer and ice cream maker, will cause the items to not work as supposed.

Ok, enough about the cause and on to the fix of your problem. First and foremost, I would suggest deleting your four cache files (all found in the Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder, in .package format; socialCache.package is not important). If that doesn't help, my next suggestion would be to remove the .sims3pack for this particular item (or, if you want, the whole goth set) and downloading and reinstalling it again. A fresh new .sims3pack should be able to work properly.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

HannahEloiseee

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 12:41:32 PM »
I just deleted the things inside the folder, the folder's still there. I did delete the Ccmerged.package.
Remove and reinstalling the store pack did nothing but fixed the same issue I was having with the Fryer. :/

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 12:45:45 PM »
Have you deleted the contents of DCBackup or the folder fully (in itself I mean)? Even if you are doing a clean-up, you should still keep the folder. You can delete its contents but that's it. If you have deleted the folder fully, I would advise creating a new folder in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, titled "DCBackup".

Anywho, if you haven't deleted the folder itself and only its contents, then can you please remember if you have deleted the ccmerged.package file too? There have been rumours going around that deleting this file makes store items function incorrectly. Some people are having issues if they delete that particular file and others do not, so this is something questionable, but it could turn out to be true. The file [ccmerged.package] contains information about moodlets and interactions associated with downloadable premium content items from the store so this is why people think that deleting this file, especially after the release of recent premium items, such as the deep fryer and ice cream maker, will cause the items to not work as supposed.

Ok, enough about the cause and on to the fix of your problem. First and foremost, I would suggest deleting your four cache files (all found in the Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder, in .package format; socialCache.package is not important). If that doesn't help, my next suggestion would be to remove the .sims3pack for this particular item (or, if you want, the whole goth set) and downloading and reinstalling it again. A fresh new .sims3pack should be able to work properly.

I hope this was of any help.

-M.

Usually you can delete the entire DCBackup folder because the game itself regenerates the folder if it's missing with no usual problems.   In fact when premium content was new, the only way to get it working for some was to completely delete the folder and make it regenerate at least once. 

@ Hannah - You said that you have uninstalled and reinstalled.   Did you uninstall, run the game then reinstall and run the game?  How do you generally install things - through the launcher and website or through the downloads dashboard?  Have you actually restarted the game and your computer?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

HannahEloiseee

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 12:47:16 PM »
I uninstalled the set through the lancher and deleted it, then I went to the store and re-installed it and ran the game. The I tested the tablet on a new game. But it didn't work.

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 12:51:01 PM »
@Ricalynn; Really? I didn't know. I always thought the only way the game would (well, sort of) regenerate the DCBackup folder would be doing a factory reset. Thank you for letting me know. I apologise for the incorrect information I have provided in my previous post.

@Hannah; Hmm. I know that this might sound like a silly question, but are the files you have deleted (along with ccmerged.package) still in Recycle Bin? If so, then perhaps you can restore them, or at least the ccmerged.package.

HannahEloiseee

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 12:54:06 PM »
The last package is in the recycle bin, but the package has been replaced already? Do I delete the one I already have in DCbackup?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 12:57:18 PM »
I uninstalled the set through the lancher and deleted it, then I went to the store and re-installed it and ran the game. The I tested the tablet on a new game. But it didn't work.

Have you actually closed the game, restarted your computer, then start the game again?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

HannahEloiseee

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 12:58:50 PM »
Have you actually closed the game, restarted your computer, then start the game again?

Yes, I tired 2 different games and the tablet tabcast doesn't work in both. However, In one game before I re-installed the set, the tabcats worked but wouldn't stop playing the tabcast.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 10:24:51 AM »
I was debating whether to start a new topic or just post on this one.. I'll just post here, cos it's more or less the same problem:

I've just persuaded Mum to let me buy the Technophobe No More set from the Sims 3 store and the Multitab 6000 will not work at all! Lori Dreamer made this big show of putting in her ear piece and clicking some buttons on the screen to begin her photography tabcast and.. Nothing. None of the other interactions work with it at all either. I've restarted the game, I've bought a new Multitab, I've tried it with different sims and I've cleared my caches and none of it makes any difference. :(

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 10:53:14 AM »
I was debating whether to start a new topic or just post on this one.. I'll just post here, cos it's more or less the same problem:

I've just persuaded Mum to let me buy the Technophobe No More set from the Sims 3 store and the Multitab 6000 will not work at all! Lori Dreamer made this big show of putting in her ear piece and clicking some buttons on the screen to begin her photography tabcast and.. Nothing. None of the other interactions work with it at all either. I've restarted the game, I've bought a new Multitab, I've tried it with different sims and I've cleared my caches and none of it makes any difference. :(

What exactly happens when you do the things besides the tabcast?  Are they grayed out?

At first, I thought mine wasn't working either, but it was.  While it's doing the tabcast, you'll have a moodlet that tells you how long until the end of the tabcast.  Also, there are some things that you can't do at the same time.  For example, my Sim could meditate but not use the board breaker while listening to the tabcast.  And when it's over, you don't get a notification.  It just stops.  With Charisma, it won't do anything if you haven't met the other relationship/friend requirements for the level of Charisma you're working on.

I hope maybe this helps.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

HannahEloiseee

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012, 11:06:40 AM »
My moodlet doesn't even show up, My sim puts the tabcast in her ear, but nothing happens. No skills go up and when I click on the tablet in my sim's inventory, it seems she's not even listening to the tabcast. I don't have the option to stop listening, I just have the option to 'listen to a tabcast'.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2012, 11:12:07 AM »
What exactly happens when you do the things besides the tabcast?  Are they grayed out?

At first, I thought mine wasn't working either, but it was.  While it's doing the tabcast, you'll have a moodlet that tells you how long until the end of the tabcast.  Also, there are some things that you can't do at the same time.  For example, my Sim could meditate but not use the board breaker while listening to the tabcast.  And when it's over, you don't get a notification.  It just stops.  With Charisma, it won't do anything if you haven't met the other relationship/friend requirements for the level of Charisma you're working on.

I hope maybe this helps.

Thanks, Pam. I have all the options, none are greyed out, I'm able to tell my sim to listen to tabcasts or play a social game, etc. but when they do it they just plug the thing in their ear and then nothing happens. I checked for the moodlet and there's nothing there. It was photography, so she didn't need to do anything in order for the tabcast to work like with charisma. I have the new store update as well which I was hoping would fix it but it obviously hasn't. :(

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2012, 11:19:27 AM »
That's weird how some of you guys are experiencing problems with it. I've had no issues whatsoever with it. I've even done a fresh re-install since then and well, my Sim has practically maxed logic within one week just by listening to that when she's at work. It's a truly great investment if it works and it is worth trying to get it to work for sure.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

HannahEloiseee

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2012, 11:24:50 AM »
That's weird how some of you guys are experiencing problems with it. I've had no issues whatsoever with it. I've even done a fresh re-install since then and wel, my Sim has practically maxed logic within one week just by istening to that when she's at work. It's a truly great investment if it works and it is worth trying to get it to work for sure.

Have you ever cleared your DCbackup while having the store set installed in your game?

anything