Author Topic: Package Verification Error  (Read 4113 times)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Package Verification Error
« on: June 02, 2010, 07:01:50 PM »
For those of you who have read my post about my disk problems, I finally got my computer to recognize my Ambitions disk. Before I can install it, though, I have to download the update. However, When I did it said "Package Verification error, and the update was not downloaded. I cannot play Ambitions Without installing i and the update. This happened before, and eventually I had to use my friend Liyannes disk to install it. Help, please, this is gonna drive me crazy!  :(
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Package Verification Error
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 07:09:42 PM »
For those of you who have read my post about my disk problems, I finally got my computer to recognize my Ambitions disk. Before I can install it, though, I have to download the update.

What update? Do you mean the latest patch? That should already be on the Ambitions disk. I did a clean wipe of everything yesterday: Base > WA > HEL > AMB, and I was not prompted to patch up.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 07:12:13 PM »
It's a pretty old patch, I've been putting it off for a while. All I remember is that it fixes problems with the "Grab A Slice" interaction and where sims continuously perform the "Be Invited Inside" interaction" Sorry  :-[
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 07:14:46 PM »
Try what I suggested. Dump all Sims 3 stuff off of your hard drive (back up any save files you want of course), and then reinstall in the above order. I don't think you'll need any patches at all. That's what a lot of players don't understand. Patches are automatically rolled into new expansions.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 07:39:55 PM »
And...  if you do the complete reinstall, be sure to go to our Technical Help Board for instructions on how to back up your files and how to properly uninstall the games.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

anything