Author Topic: How to fix error code 15?  (Read 6666 times)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
How to fix error code 15?
« on: January 12, 2013, 07:51:02 PM »
I'm having some serious problems with my games. Today I had to do a factory reset. Then I went into a saved file that I playing to check it to see if all my content reloaded, upon saving, error code 15 came up. Then I removed the .bad file and tried again. Ended up exiting without saving. Opened launcher again, reloaded, then I clicked to open save and it zipped right open to a black screen and said a serious error has occurred in xxxxxxxxx.sim3 game. So I have had to shut down.

Error Code 15 has to do with rights to the folder. How can I have rights to it one day and not the next? I'm logged in when I go in game, but for reason, I'm get the blank avatar with user name.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

EDITED: I can't even open a game file now. :(

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Re: How to fix error code 15?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 10:32:46 PM »
Try right clicking on the file your using to run the game and in the drop down menu choose Run as Administrator and see if that helps.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: How to fix error code 15?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 10:46:15 PM »
Try right clicking on the file your using to run the game and in the drop down menu choose Run as Administrator and see if that helps.

Done it, it didn't do anything. After doing that, that's when it started the black screen mess. My only other option is to completely uninstall/reinstall all eps/sps. No problem doing that, I just don't want to lose some of my stuff. I know I can save some of my folders, just don't know which ones to keep.

anything