Author Topic: Sims 3 game won't play properly because of video graphics card?  (Read 5491 times)

Offline pikachan

• Nooboo
hi everyone!

I have a hp compaq dx6120 mt with windows xp os, but last month I upgrade it clean with windows 7. Yesterday, I installed Sims 3 successfully, but when I tried playing it, there's a pop up message:

"Unable to start game
Device 0 cannot run this title.
No supported video graphics card detected. Please check your system hardware"

Here's my dxdiag, in case you need it.

What should I do now? Should I downgrade it to windows xp? Or download a video driver?

Please help me. My brother and I really want to play sims. :(

Offline Nettybee

• Nooboo
Re: SIMS 3 help. game won't play properly. bec. of video graphics card?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 02:08:00 PM »
I would suggest updating your drivers for the card. If that doesn't help, I would suggest getting a new card.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SimAd

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 03:53:02 PM »
Unfortunately there were several different options for the video card for that type of machine. So you'll have to determine what video card is in there first. No doubt it will run the Sims 3, but you'll need to have the proper driver installed.

You CAN try using Windows Update whether that comes up with a good driver, be sure to tick the box so that Windows updates not only Windows, but other Microsoft products as well.

It looks like it's just installed the default VGA driver for now, and it will not run the game in that configuration.

Offline pikachan

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 12:31:25 PM »
I guess you're right SimAd. Thanks for tip! :)

Thanks everyone for replying!

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 01:08:39 PM »
Hi, pikachan.

Looking at the DirectX information, it shows two concerns. One is it's showing you only have 512 MB memory. You will definitely want to increase the amount of memory in your system. As SimAd said, you need to update your video card drivers. From you screenshots, it looks like you have the Intel Grantsdale chipset, so check Intel's website for graphics drivers.

Hope this helps and happy Simming. :)

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!