Author Topic: Problems with Monte Vista  (Read 9852 times)

Offline shaana

• Nooboo
Problems with Monte Vista
« on: August 01, 2013, 07:19:06 AM »
Hi, I am not getting use to this. I'm not too sure what the expansion Monte Vista is meant to do. I thought it would give me new neighbourhoods and whatnot, but it seems the only thing it did was bring up neighbourhoods in my main menu, like Hidden Springs for instance. But they are all gold, like I need sim points to buy them. I'm very confused as I don't know what the point of the expansion pack was. As for the option under cell phone Real estate or whatever and you can choose to move, but move where? How do I get other places? I'm sorry, I'm very new to this and somehow found myself here signing up just to get some answers.

Chuckles_82

Re: please help me
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 07:49:08 AM »
You're right, Monte Vista is a neighbourhood, and it is supposed to add Monte Vista as an option when you start a new game. The ones that you see with the gold on them are because you have shop mode turned on in options under general settings. You can untick it to turn it off. It was either Island Paradise expansion pack or the 1.55 patch added the option to move towns. You will be able to move existing sims to Monte Vista from another town if you have it installed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline shaana

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 08:04:06 AM »
Thank you. I do have it installed, but it is not an option.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 08:45:19 AM »
Do you see it in your Launcher with the installed symbol next to it?

Offline Angélique

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 04:37:32 PM »
It was either Island Paradise expansion pack or the 1.55 patch added the option to move towns.

It came with the patch 1.55. I know that for certain because I only have the base game installed on my laptop, and I got the move-to-another-town option after I updated to 1.55. So that means everybody else will have that option too, as soon as they get the update. No Island Paradise expansion necessary. :)

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 07:50:47 PM »
It is ironic that I am the one who stepping in here to give some insight.

Monte Vista is a store world, not an expansion pack, so that could be part of the confusion.  With an expansion pack, you will get certain things along with the new town. With Supernatural, you get the supernatural beings, weres, vamps, witches and of course the zombies; who show up during the full moon.  New traits are given, along with careers, LTW, rewards and skills.
With a store world, like Monte Vista, Aurora Skies and Dragon Valley, you can get new items, such as the Marketplace with MV, the Education Center with AS and the Bow Training arena when you buy the gold versions.  I'm not sure, but I think you can buy them separate, at least some of the items and I am pretty sure you have to have the store world to be able to buy them at all.   

The cell phone was something that EA came up with that is supposed to make it easier for players to move their families from not only one house in a town to another house in the same town, but to also move from one town to another.
The base game is Sunset Valley, so if you have a store world, such as Monte Vista and want to move there, you can use the cell phone to do so, instead of saving your family (with or without their house) to the bin and then starting up a game in that town and then added them to the town.  Now, with just a few clicks, you can chose to move to that town. 
I've not tried it to see if it works, others can give feedback on that, or you can look and see if there is any info in the Guide Carl has about it.

If the only game, or town, you have is SV, then the option will probably come up, but you won't have any selections due to not having any of the other towns. 

I hope this has helped you some, and ask away if you have any more questions.  This is a great place to come to for information.  The members of the forum are great in helping out in whatever problems you have. 

The irony that I mentioned is that although I know that MV, DV, AS and RV are store worlds, not expansion packs, I still catch myself calling them that.  Which is why I caught that you called MV an expansion pack, when it is a store world.

If I have any information wrong, please someone correct me, as I would hate to give out inaccurate info.

Offline shaana

• Nooboo
Re: Problems with Monte Vista
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 03:40:04 AM »
Thankyou for the help, still not working properly but nevermind :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 09:04:42 AM »
What towns do you have?  In the ability to move to another town whether it is an expansion pack or a store world shouldn't matter.

I haven't yet used the option, I prefer to do it the "harder" way, but one that I am more comfortable with.  I guess I need to create a practice game.

Anyhow, when I do go to move, it asks me if I want to move to another town or within the neighborhood.  I click on neighborhood and it goes as I have chosen on my cell phone the option to move.  Selections are shown up on the screen and I pick the lot or house.

As for them all showing up gold, I don't have that, I don't think anyhow, except ones that have the gold version, but I do have all of the towns show up, even ones that I don't own the game to, whether store or expansion pack.  They are listed as towns, such as I have SN, which has the town of Moonlight Falls, that option is up. 
In AS, which is a store world that I bought, I bought the gold version but for some reason it has me buying the regular version so when I click on the gold it offers me the option to buy it, so I just click on the regular version.  I still have all the items that came with the gold, so it isn't that a big of a deal to me.

I don't know if this is any help, I hope so, if not I guess I am not understanding exactly what it is you need and could you explain it differently, sometimes my brain misses what is meant and changing a few words but not the meaning I catch (love the wonderful side effects of medication, NOT)

Offline Angélique

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2013, 04:05:00 PM »
Thankyou for the help, still not working properly but nevermind :)

Can you please explain in more detail what it is that's not working properly?

Offline shaana

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 12:52:13 AM »
Im just not too up with the techno so i dont really understand lol. i have the base game, generations, pets and monte vista and the two towns i can play are SV and AP. I thought with monte vista it would give me a new neighbourhood

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2013, 07:13:53 AM »
First, I hope this is of some help, if not, I'm still not sure I understand what you need.

I'm sure you know all this, but to get the steps down it may help to know where you are having problems.

You are at the launcher and start the game, it shows the choices for you. In mine it brings up the boxes that has all of my saved games, I can click on whatever one I want to play and it will take me there.  I am playing in the town called Moonlight Falls (MF) right now, but the expansion pack is Supernatural (SN).   But I have a saved game in DV (DV is the name of the store world and also the name of the town), so I just find the box that shows the family I have saved and click on it and it takes me to DV.

I'm sure you know to do what I am telling but I can be OCD in that aspect of steps.

There where the boxes are at (the links to your saves games or towns, however they called), on the top right hand side is a bar button (I think it is called that) you can click on, it shows a list of all the towns and if you want to go to another town, you click on the name of the town.

Basically I am playing in MF right now, but last night I went to MV to do a test and just clicked on MV and I went there.   If memory is right, the word gold is beside one of the two choices of the same town.  If I click on the gold one it asks me if I want to buy that town. 

The list starts with name of the town in order of release, I think.  Since I don't have all of the expansion pack and store worlds, I will just list what I have, the order doesn't really matter

Sunset Valley would be first
Riverview (store world, name of town)
Appaloosa Plains (expansion pack Pets)
Moonlight Falls (expansion pack SuperNatural)
Monte Vista (store world, name of town)
Monte Vista gold (store world)
Aurora Skies (store world, name of town)
Dragon Valley (store world, name of town)
Dragon Valley gold (store world)
Island Paradise (expansion pack, name of town)

You should be able to go to MV, click on it and then you should go there.

Where are you having problems at?

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2013, 09:17:33 AM »
I'll repeat what Janna told using pictures:

When you open your game, you should see icons of your saved games. When you want to start a new game in Monte Vista, click the +-sign (New Game) to the right.

You should get a window like this. If you open the drop down menu...

... it shows all the worlds you have in your game. Does Monte Vista show up in your game? If it does, select it and just click the v-sign at the bottom of the page to start a new game in Monte Vista.

But if Monte Vista is not on the menu, it might be that you have not installed it at all.

Then you should start the Launcher and select the Downloads button on left.

Find Monte Vista on the list to the right.  Place a check beside it if it is not already greyed out like my installed Monte Vista is. (Uninstalled content will NOT be grayed out and the status box will be blank). Select Install. After the install is completed, open your game and you should find Monte Vista in the drop down menu (see pic 3 above).

I hope this helps!

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2013, 10:25:34 AM »
I need to learn how to do that, show the photos to help explain it better.  That should help her understand better what I was trying to tell her.  Glad you could do that.

Offline shaana

• Nooboo
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2013, 07:37:16 PM »
thankyou both, i think there is a glitch with my cd, as It says it has installed but does not appear on my download menu or as a available neighbourhood.

Offline shaana

• Nooboo
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2013, 07:51:11 PM »
Ok i have tried to install a third time, still no good, gets to my launcher and asks for the serial number, but it has already been registered as I must have done the first time. It is not available as a neighbourhood, nor as a download, yet on my sims 3 "page" it has a list of my games and Monte Vista is highlighted as if I have it.