Author Topic: Accidentally Deleted Saves Folder  (Read 5051 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Accidentally Deleted Saves Folder
« on: August 08, 2013, 06:10:51 AM »
Man, oh man!  I can't believe this just happened.  I was cleaning out some of my game files in the hopes that my game would run a little better and when I went to delete a group of files I had just copied to another drive, it deleted the entire Saves folder!  I'm trying to think of a way to salvage my DecaDynasty files in one piece.  I do have the copies on my other drive, but when I open a specific save file in Windows Explorer, it is missing a lot of stuff.  I'm also thinking that when I do a complete re-install, the normal method of replacing everything in my game won't work because that Sims 3 file is now missing the Saves file.  I think the last one I have before this is from April.  I'll keep digging around and wracking my brain, but if anyone has an easy solution that I'm just missing, please share. 

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Accidentally Deleted Saves Folder
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 06:23:52 AM »
Have you looked in your recycle bin? 

Maybe a restore?  I hate that when that happens, I hope you can get it fixed.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 06:32:00 AM »
I've been fiddling with it and the news is not good so far.  I made a new folder called Saves and restored a save file into it from the recycle bin.  The good news is that it worked, but the bad news is that the restored save file is from when Godiva just got married and moved in with George!  I know I copied all of my current save files, but they are not to be found so far.  I have a lot of madness on my computer, especially now that it's upgraded with a second hard drive.  Maybe I'll get lucky and find a good save file.

Update:  I might have found something.  I've got it put into the game and it's loading right now.  Keeping my fingers crossed that it will load and play properly.  If it does, I won't have lost very much play time.

Another Update:  I would never be able to tell anyone exactly what I did, but I managed to salvage my Townie DecaDynasty file.  Other files are lost forever, but none of them are challenge files.  Well, except for my Immortal Dynasty file.  I think it's gone.  I think I'm jinxed or something lately.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 09:40:37 AM »
Glad you managed to salvage your Townie DecaDynasty, Pam.  That's a relief, at least.  I'm always so anxious about deleting or moving things because I'm afraid of something like this happening.  Perhaps you'll manage to restore your Immortal Dynasty file too - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 10:20:00 AM »
Glad you managed to salvage your Townie DecaDynasty, Pam.  That's a relief, at least.  I'm always so anxious about deleting or moving things because I'm afraid of something like this happening.  Perhaps you'll manage to restore your Immortal Dynasty file too - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks. It sure gave me a scare. It doesn't help the situation that I tend to keep every save file since the beginning of time.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 10:38:28 AM »
I've done this before. I used a fairly recent back-up to get my files back. I managed to get my saved builds back but my store content, saved games, everything was gone ( ??? ). I've only just finished putting my store content back in (This happened in like March), but I've moved on from my old files, despite getting very attached to a Union Cove family. Maybe I'll rummage through my very full recycling bin of screenshots, caches, documents, old homework, etc. if that ever happens again and hope for the best.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.