Author Topic: Disappearing and re-appearing saves folder  (Read 1890 times)

Offline courage9992

• Nooboo
Disappearing and re-appearing saves folder
« on: December 07, 2013, 06:03:04 AM »
Okay, let me start by saying I am new to Sims 3, barely a week and I've already come across problems.

As it is, I played a few times everything was fine, except this little box kept appearing saying there was a problem with the script on the launcher, I click no, it lets me play the game. <- I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but i wanted to get that out there.
As of a few hours ago I tried to launch my game but the only option it had was 'New Game'. I got out, I looked on the web for answers. And then I checked my 'Saves' folder to see if it was corrupted, and found that the entire folder was empty, nothing, naada.  I did some looking around in my other files, I checked 'Program Files' and checked the Saves there, also empty.
So I restart it a few times, due to freezes of my computer (my computer is new and I'm still working out the kinks). Here's the thing, when it came back, I found all my files safe and secure in the Saves folder. Safe to say I was happy, but completly bewildred. It tried to play my sims again, it only gave me 'New Game'. So I got out and checked if maybe I should move the files elsewhere, I COULDN'T FIND THEM AGAIN, my Saves folder was empty.

I really need some help, is there a problem with my computer, or the sims, and is this fixable? Please help   :-[

Offline courage9992

• Nooboo
Re: disappearing and re-appearing saves folder
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 06:09:38 AM »
Okay I looked around, and I found in my Documents 'New Folder' and in it, I found the entire EA folder, as well as my Saves (I guess I must have clicked it by accident.) How do I make the 'New Folder' my acctualy Sims, as in with the Sims Launcher and not just a folder?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Disappearing and re-appearing saves folder
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 06:54:51 AM »
First of all, welcome to our Forum!

That does sound like an odd problem.  Let me ask a couple of questions before making any suggestions.  Have you put any third party custom content or game modifications into your game?  These come from people other than Electronic Arts (the makers of Sims 3) and can sometimes cause problems in the game.  If you have not, I would suggest that you first make a backup copy of your save files.  You can find them on this path:  C:/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves.  I suggest you copy the entire game, which would be to save The Sims 3 folder and also copy the individual game files that you find under the Saves folder.  Put these copies in a safe place where you will easily be able to find them.  Your desktop would be a good choice until you decide whether you want to put them something else.  Now that you have your good files all backed up, we can dabble in different areas to see if we can figure out the problem.  You may be looking at a complete reinstall, which is not fun, but we have a lot of information and instructions to help you along the way.  :)

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."