Author Topic: Script error on my sims 3 launcher  (Read 12598 times)

Offline Ashi26

• Nooboo
Script error on my sims 3 launcher
« on: May 17, 2014, 10:43:04 PM »
I tried everything by uninstalling all my games, and items and reinstalling but this message keeps popping up no matter what i do. I recently brought sims 3 pets and it worked ok till i had to install the new update and then the scripts pops up and then my game crashes in 3 minutes i start up my game. i can't even play my games anymore since i can't create a household or play my previous saves.

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k481/touchless92/8f148177-797e-4d1c-89fd-fb9a8b22d98e_zps98afc3a7.jpg

I have windows 7 64 bit laptop.

Dellena

Re: Script error on my sims 3 launcher
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 04:02:19 AM »
Have you tried the SuperPatch?

When that script error pops up, do you say yes or no?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ashi26

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 12:23:44 PM »
Have you tried the SuperPatch?

When that script error pops up, do you say yes or no?

I tried both and my game crashes, i did the superpatch from the launcher the automatic one that pops up when it say update.

Dellena

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 12:36:48 PM »
That's not the superpatch.

You can get the SuperPatch here.

And this page is EA's page about "The Sims 3 Launcher will not open or load after update/patch."

I hope one of these helps.  You should probably also delete your cache files.

My Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 3

CASPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
sim CompositorCache.package
socialCache.package

These are all temporary files that will be recreated with a new game.  Deleting them will force fresh copies.

Offline Ashi26

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 01:22:23 PM »
That's not the superpatch.

You can get the SuperPatch here.

And this page is EA's page about "The Sims 3 Launcher will not open or load after update/patch."

I hope one of these helps.  You should probably also delete your cache files.

My Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 3

CASPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
sim CompositorCache.package
socialCache.package

These are all temporary files that will be recreated with a new game.  Deleting them will force fresh copies.

Ok i did what you said but the error still shows up. i really don't know what's going on with it. :(  But i appreciate the help :)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 02:05:28 PM »
Does the script error pop up as soon as you open the game or just when you click on installed content? Because I have a trick that fixes it if the problem is with installed content.

Offline Ashi26

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 02:06:35 PM »
Does the script error pop up as soon as you open the game or just when you click on installed content? Because I have a trick that fixes it if the problem is with installed content.

I pops up as soon as i open the launcher.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 02:08:35 PM »
Sorry, I don't know how to fix that. Have you tried a factory reset and uninstall/reinstall yet?

Offline Ashi26

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 02:28:43 PM »
Sorry, I don't know how to fix that. Have you tried a factory reset and uninstall/reinstall yet?

Yes i did but i'll try it again to see what went wrong, sigh i really don't like the new patch 1.67 i never had a problem updating the game until now. Thank you for trying i appreciate it :)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 03:12:11 PM »
I have been getting that same error for probably two years now.  When it pops up, I just hit yes and it finishes loading and I have no problems.  I have tried everything to get rid of it, now, if it doesn't show up, I think there is something wrong.  The error really has nothing to do with the game itself.  I did do some research on it and it is a launcher problem.   Why some people get it and some don't, is a good question.  I don't even use the launcher anymore anyway, I just do the work around to avoid the launcher.  Other than that, not sure what else to say. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Ashi26

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2014, 03:18:33 PM »
I have been getting that same error for probably two years now.  When it pops up, I just hit yes and it finishes loading and I have no problems.  I have tried everything to get rid of it, now, if it doesn't show up, I think there is something wrong.  The error really has nothing to do with the game itself.  I did do some research on it and it is a launcher problem.   Why some people get it and some don't, is a good question.  I don't even use the launcher anymore anyway, I just do the work around to avoid the launcher.  Other than that, not sure what else to say. :)

how do you get around to avoid the launcher? i did do yes and no but then my game crashes and it drives me crazy since i can't play my game without crashing after 3 minutes :(

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2014, 03:26:58 PM »
Hit start/c drive/program files (x86)/electronic arts/last expansion installed/game/bin/TS3EP11. 

Not sure what your last expansion is, but that is the one you double click.  I will try and locate the thread on here and post it, it might make more sense than what I put.  Good luck though. :)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2014, 03:32:21 PM »
I found the page.  Pretty much says the same thing, but maybe the thread will still help.

How to Start the Game Without the Launcher
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,1186.msg20436.html#msg20436

Offline Ashi26

• Nooboo
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2014, 08:59:41 PM »
I found the page.  Pretty much says the same thing, but maybe the thread will still help.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,1186.msg20436.html#msg20436

Thank you that actually work :) *hugs* i didn't know you can play it that way O.O Thank you for helping me out everyone i really appreciate it.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2014, 09:06:49 PM »
Anytime, that is what we are here for.   :)

anything