Author Topic: Help Needed with Fixing an EA Download Manager Error  (Read 4872 times)

Sakura_Efreet

Help Needed with Fixing an EA Download Manager Error
« on: March 31, 2011, 08:30:35 PM »
Hi everyone. This is my very first post, though I have been lurking the forums for a few months now. I got the Sims 3 for Christmas; I love the game and play it on a daily basis. However, the glitches I started having recently are making me want to stop playing altogether, because they are ruining my gameplay.

I am having two main problems right now, but I'm hoping that if I can fix my EA download manager, I can start downloading patches so I can get rid of the game's glitches.

I downloaded EA download manager over a year ago when I installed Spore on my computer and it's never worked. I've always gotten the same error. It was never a problem until I installed Sims and actually needed the EA download manager for installing online content and updates.

Whenever my computer starts up or I launch the Sims 3 from my desktop, I get this error:
Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EADM\Core.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

When I close it, EA informs me that it is "Unable to connect to the EA download manager."

I have been looking for answers for weeks now. I've googled this, looked for answers here, the EA games forums, etc. I am hoping that someone here can help me before I have to start jumping through hoops with contacting EA games support, as I've looked through their site as well and have not found anything helpful whatsoever.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
Re: Help Needed with Fixing an EA Download Manager Error.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 10:28:23 PM »
I've experienced the same thing with Spore's version of the EA Download Manager.  However, I installed Sims 3 first on the computer the I currently use and I haven't had any problems with it.  So if you're still using the one that came with Spore, what I suggest to you is that you completely uninstall that version of it and download the newest and most up-to-date version here.  With any luck, that should fix your problem.

But as far as the bugs go, they're not all fixed.  However, while they can be annoying, most of them that still remain are minor and do not do a whole lot to affect the overall game play to a great extent.  If you continue to have issues, you might want to check to see if your computer meets the required system specs.  Most of the people who have major problems after being fully patched are playing it on computers that don't meet the specs.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Sakura_Efreet

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 02:51:45 AM »
It worked! Thank you so much! This has been bothering me for so long now; it's nice to have it fixed! I had uninstalled and reinstalled it before, but I didn't know that the problem was because it came with Spore.

Also, the glitches I had been having happened after I had one of my Sim families move to another house. After moving 3 times, the glitches have stopped (disappearing Sims, food floating in the air, etc).

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 03:12:14 AM »
Glad I could be of help!
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.