Author Topic: Barnacle Bay And Deathfish  (Read 6034 times)

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
Barnacle Bay And Deathfish
« on: April 01, 2011, 01:40:22 PM »
I'm not sure where they are, I've looked at founders beach but when I inspect the water it says other kind of fish are there. Its after midnight when I inspect the water.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: Barnacle Bay And Deathfish
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 01:48:15 PM »
Was your Sim at level 10, and was the place in a mist?

EDIT: According to a person on the Sims 3 Official Forum here's how they caught Deathfish.

"It is the structure they refer to in the advertisement as "Discover the mysterious Barnacle Bay lore by exploring the abandoned piers of Founder's Beach". Unfortunately it is not at Founder's Beach at all but the next one over where the rotted pier is.

Go there midnight to 5AM (I believe) and fish right between the two rows of old pylons."

It's 12:00 AM to 5:00 AM, to be exact.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 02:05:28 PM »
Cool! I found deathfish, I was beginning to wondor how to make ambrosia for my 5 food replicators lol ;D
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 02:10:25 PM »
Another guaranteed way to catch Deathfish in BB is the buydebug spawner. Or stocking a pond in your home lot with the Deathfish caught.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 07:41:05 PM »
They're at the unnamed beach that is up the road from Founder's Beach, which is located behind the Art Museum and the Library.  You can find the spot they'll appear any time of day by looking for the fish swimming around the pylons that are left over from a ruined boardwalk.  Between 5am and Midnight, there will be vampire fish and red herring swimming there.  Between Midnight and 5am, a cloud of fog will appear over the spot, and there will be deathfish there.

Likewise, you do not even need to be level 10 fishing.  At level 5 you can start using live bait, and pretty much catch any fish (it goes slower when you don't have the level, though).  Use cheese to catch alley catfish, then use the alley catfish to catch angelfish.  Once you have some angelfish, you can use them to catch deathfish at level 5.  However, you won't catch many.  Expect maybe about 4-5 if you start fishing right at midnight, and continue fishing until they disappear.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 10:50:07 AM »
Yes, but you need level 10 for Deathfish to show up in the Inspect Water listing.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 04:05:42 PM »
Yes you do.  But if you know where they are, there is no need to inspect the water.  You can fish them without doing so.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 04:15:01 PM »
Yes, but first you must know where they are. :) Many people on the official forums were just inspecting all the spawns listed trough the Collection Helper and are hoping to find Deathfish listed in one of them. To see the correct name you need to be at level 10. ;)

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 05:32:41 PM »
Yeah, you could do that...but that's doing things the hard way.  Plus, you only have a 5 hour window in which to find them.  There is a much easier way.

The fish spawn locations that will become deathfish after midnight will always be vampire fish and red herring during the daytime.  Even if your sim's fishing skill isn't high enough to identify the vampire fish, the fact that there are only 2 fish there is a dead giveaway, because any other fishing spawns will have somewhere around 5 or 6 (or possibly more, I've never really counted).

This might not work as well in foreign countries, however.  I'm not really sure how the WA fish spawners work, so there might be some locations that only have 2 fish.  But at home, this will work.

anything