Author Topic: Can't download anything from the Sims 3 Store  (Read 14649 times)

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
Can't download anything from the Sims 3 Store
« on: April 18, 2011, 05:47:03 AM »
Ok, I have been having this problem for a long time. I can't download anything from the Sims 3 store since the end of last year. I have all the expansion and stuff packs by the way. Whenever I try to download an item, an error message pops up with a stop sign and the message reads "please view the log for more details.

Because of this, I cannot download Barnicle Bay as well. Is anyone else having the same problem with regards to the Store? Thanks!

:'(

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
Re: Can't downlaod anything from the Sims 3 Store
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 07:38:09 AM »
No answer? Anyone experiencing the same problem?

???

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 08:17:11 AM »
I'm not have not had problems in downloading anything but I have not downloaded or bought anything from the Store for ages. I would say contact the EA support for help with the Store. The Sims Help.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 08:19:50 AM »
I contacted their customer service but their service was not helpful!

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
Re: Can't download anything from the Sims 3 Store
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 11:39:47 AM »
Are you using Internet Explorer to attempt these downloads?

In the past, there have been numerous issues between IE and the game launcher, although this isn't one I've heard of.  So if you're using IE, my advice would be to try a different browser and see if that helps.  I currently use Firefox, but I have also used Safari in the past with great success.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 12:28:47 PM »
I am using Firefox but the problem remains!

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 12:30:09 PM »
I agree with Hosfac about trying a different browser.  I had numerous problems when I used IE.  I started using Google Chrome, which has been wonderful.  The only times I have issues is when the actual website is having problems.

Another thing to try, is make sure you are logged into the game launcher.  Start the game up.  Once you are on the main page click on the menu (3dots) and open the downloads dashboard.  It may minimize your game so the game launcher can open. From there it will show your purchase history and what you have downloaded and installed and what needs to be.  It can take a bit of time that way, my download dashboard "freezes" on occasion but it always catches up and is fine.  If you do try it that way, I strongly suggest that you click on no more than 3 items at a time.  

When I use the download dashboard, I open the launcher and then use a shortcut to start the game, that way I know the launcher is still open and will make the downloading much smoother.  Here is a link to the topic on how to start your game not using the launcher, in case you need that.  Good luck!
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 08:40:11 PM »
Sorry to revive an old thread.
I am having the same problem. Yes I am using Internet Explorer. What am trying to download is a gifted item, Mock Hawk.
It says the same thing, 'Please see log for more details..' or something like that, blah blah. I've tried everything. Am logged in the launcher,
I've had this problem for 2 days straight and nothing. The Official Technical forum WAS NO help at all.
I do know there was a Store Patch a few days ago that I didn't download and now I don't get the option to anymore and am on the latest patch, Pets'.  Also where can I view this log?
Oh and if this counts for anything I haven't uploaded my Sims 3 Download Manager in a long time.

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 08:24:59 PM »
I had this problem with my computer multiple times, and a few things worked for me.
1) I reinstalled the sims game. One of the updates messed up my downloads from the store, and reinstalling it fixed it.
2) Right click on the sims logo on your desktop screen (I think its called a shortcut). When the options pop up hit  *run as admin/administrator*. The launcher will come up, and I was able to download things using that method.
I'm sorry if this doesn't work.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 06:51:20 AM »
The Run as Administrator worked like a charm! I didn´t even have to reinstall! Thanks!

anything