Hi! I need help... again.
My game has started crashing again. It used to happen only in Appaloosa Plains but now it's even affecting Sunset Valley. It happens only while on live mode though, I can build for as long as I want or Edit World or whatever and nothing happens, but when I go into live mode it crashes within the first 15-30 minutes of gameplay (real-time). They are all new-created gamefiles. I have no CC, no mods. I run Win7 Home Basic with an Nvidia Geforce 310M (not the best in the world, but enough for running the game). My computer meets all the minimum requirements, and my graphics settings are all set between minimum and low.
Here's what I have already done:
- Changed DEP Settings to include pretty much every sims-related .exe file I could find.
- Updated the game, DirectX, graphics card's drivers, Windows version and everything I could think of.
- About 100 Factory Resets and complete Un- and Re-installs of the game.
- Defragmented the laptop.
- Cleaned cache-files
- Adjusted my virtual memory settings as explained here: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=8663.0
(see the post by Moonsareblue in the middle of the first page of the thread)
- Playing the game in windowed mode.
- Running CCleaner to see if I found any registry errors. Didn't find any errors that were sim-related.
- Opened dxdiag to see if I found any errors. I didn't find any, but I'm not an expert so it could be I just didn't find them.
So... first: having a look at my Sims 3 folders I found some error logs. One says that my available physical memory is about 145 MB, which I guess is really low. What is exactly the physical memory, and how can it be that I have only 145 M available if my computer has a total physical memory of about 2000 MB and enough free memory in the disk? Has this anything to do with my issues? How do I fix it?
Second: Another log error says:
type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000031
address: 0x65690f6c "C:\windows\system32\d3d9.dll":0x0001:0x0003ff6c
What does this mean?
Third: While updating my graphics card's driver, I found a strange thing. As said, I have an Nvidia Geforce 310M, and on the official Nvidia Geforce website it says: "features unsupported by this graphics card: DirectX 11", which is exactly what I have. Could this be the problem?
Has anyone more ideas? Sorry if this post was long but I've been struggling with crashes for a really long time and I really want to fix it, specially now that it's happening everywhere.
P.S: I know I created another topic a few days ago about my game not loading properly, but I think this is something else, so I decided to create a new thread. I hope it's OK. Here's the link to the other issue: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11907.0.html
I will appreciate every help I can get. Thanks in advance!