Author Topic: Sims 3 - Gameplay Tips  (Read 64767 times)

SenPain

Sims 3 - Gameplay Tips
« on: November 05, 2009, 07:43:34 PM »
I have this list, right?  From when I was on the Sims3 forums of what people pointed out, I never finished making the list because I got to page thirty and then there were twenty more pages- soooo... yea... I gave up.
But maybe the members here could point things out and we could compile them.  I still have the word doc. of the information I collected with the posters name included.  I learned a lot by reading it so that's why I decided to log it all down until I got bored. 

Like I just learned you can stretch the relationship panel to the right by clicking and tugging on the five vertically aligned dots.

Oh.  And maybe you could link to Pinstar1161's Legacy Rules?  They're really nifty. 

Edit by Pam on March 20, 2014:

Click here for the complete list by member CorruptedBride.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Did You Know Section & Pinstar's Legacy Challenge
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 12:36:38 AM »
I have this list, right?  From when I was on the Sims3 forums of what people pointed out, I never finished making the list because I got to page thirty and then there were twenty more pages- soooo... yea... I gave up.
But maybe the members here could point things out and we could compile them.  I still have the word doc. of the information I collected with the posters name included.  I learned a lot by reading it so that's why I decided to log it all down until I got bored. 

Like I just learned you can stretch the relationship panel to the right by clicking and tugging on the five vertically aligned dots.

Oh.  And maybe you could link to Pinstar1161's Legacy Rules?  They're really nifty. 

I'm not sure I understand what you're suggesting.  What kind of compilation are you talking about?  Can you post some more detail?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

SenPain

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 08:05:57 AM »
Just misc. things that people may have noticed that is different from The Sims and The Sims2 gameplay.  Just an easy to read list and such.

SenPain

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 08:26:20 PM »
An Example List:
  • Kleptomaniac sims can steal graves from the graveyard or the Goth Manor.
  • Infants, Toddlers, and Children all get a positive moodlet from sleeping with a stuffed bear in their inventory.
  • There are downloads of the Grim Reaper in the exchange which can be added to your town.  The Grim Reaper will never age and therefore you can get Grim Babies for generations to come.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 02:05:30 AM »
Ah, ok.  Apparently I didn't read your original post correctly.  I had the idea that you were talking about a "did you know" section for the Legacy Challenge and that wasn't making much sense to me!  Now I see what you're getting at.  I think that's a good idea, as long as all of the items on the list originate from our Forum members.  We wouldn't be able to copy anything from the official Sims 3 forum or use any of their names in the posts.  Original content only.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 02:10:17 AM »
I think it's a good idea to have a Did You Know thread, I have sometimes wanted a place to post cool little things you've discovered that isn't worth starting a thread over.

For example I only just recently discovered that your sim doesn't actually need to answer the phone to get the opportunities that are offered over the phone. You can just ignore the call and it's only calls from other sims that are actually ignored, the opportunities still show up. Well, this was news to me, I thought you had to always answer the phone to not miss anything. I haven't tried switching off the phone yet but I'm guessing that works the same way.

There are already lots of nice little tips on this forum but they tend to get buried in other threads. We could post them here so people have a place to look for them.

Things like this:

• You can drag newspapers and dirty plates to the trash can so the sim doesn't need to clean them up.
  • Putting the rubber duck on the bathtub gives the sims a positive moodlet from taking a bath with a ducky.
  • You can call sims on the phone by clicking their picture in the relationship panel instead of going through the phone menu.
  • Your sim doesn't really need to Dispose All Dead Plants, you can move or delete plants in Buy mode.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 02:51:21 AM »
Excellent start, PJ!  I'll sticky this topic and maybe move it to a place that can easily be found by people looking for tips.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

SenPain

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 03:22:43 PM »
I understand the content clause (as I am going to call it).  A thing I noticed on the official Sims3 forum is that there was no master list of Did You Knows, the thread just got so long that people didn't bother reading before posting so there were eight different people posting the same thing.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 08:30:42 PM »
We can definitely try to do a better job here by merging everyone's contribution and keeping it cleaned up.  I'll give it some more thought and talk to Carl about how to do all of it.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Da Vinci

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2009, 04:06:30 PM »
I think it's a good idea to have a Did You Know thread, I have sometimes wanted a place to post cool little things you've discovered that isn't worth starting a thread over.

For example I only just recently discovered that your sim doesn't actually need to answer the phone to get the opportunities that are offered over the phone. You can just ignore the call and it's only calls from other sims that are actually ignored, the opportunities still show up. Well, this was news to me, I thought you had to always answer the phone to not miss anything. I haven't tried switching off the phone yet but I'm guessing that works the same way.

There are already lots of nice little tips on this forum but they tend to get buried in other threads. We could post them here so people have a place to look for them.

Things like this:

• You can drag newspapers and dirty plates to the trash can so the sim doesn't need to clean them up.
  • Putting the rubber duck on the bathtub gives the sims a positive moodlet from taking a bath with a ducky.
  • You can call sims on the phone by clicking their picture in the relationship panel instead of going through the phone menu.
  • Your sim doesn't really need to Dispose All Dead Plants, you can move or delete plants in Buy mode.

Good idea, I second the motion.
"This is my maiden voyage. My first speech since I was the president of the United States and I couldn't think of a better place to give it than Calgary, Canada." --George W. Bush, as reported by the Associated Press, Calgary, Canada, March 17, 2009

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 11:29:43 AM »
This is a really good idea!
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

TheLostGirls

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010, 09:58:02 PM »
You can?!
D'oh!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2010, 11:03:13 PM »

You can?!
D'oh!

You can also cancel newspaper delivery now by using the cell phone.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

TheLostGirls

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2010, 12:37:35 PM »
Thanks that is really usefull information.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2010, 12:45:07 PM »
Canceling the newspaper is now my default initial action with brand new Sims. I don't even want the first one to show up at 9am, so it's item #1 on the to-do list.