Author Topic: Origin Account Security  (Read 2570 times)

Dellena

Origin Account Security
« on: April 29, 2014, 08:28:11 AM »
I just had my Origin account hacked.  They purchased several FIFA items costing me about 170 pounds (UK).  EA customer service was very helpful and had me turn on a special security measure which I'll share with you.

Go to your Origin account management.

Click on Security.

Turn ON Login Verification.  You then choose whether you want the code e-mail to you or sent by text message.  What this means is that whenever you login to your Origin account, you have to enter this code that they send you.  It's added security.

I also went immediately and changed my e-mail address password.

This is scary.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Origin Account Security
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 11:06:16 AM »
Thanks for this information, Dellena.  I'm going to move this to the Technical Help board.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 12:42:09 PM »
If you haven't in the last few days, please check your Origin account for any discrepancies.  I have another friend with an Origin account who was hacked yesterday as well.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 06:01:24 PM »
Thank you for the word of warning. I went ahead and turned on the logon verification and changed my password, and I hope that others will do the same as a precaution. That is scary!

Dellena

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 03:04:48 AM »
Yeah, they apparently tried to access my account again yesterday but with the Login Verification, they couldn't do anything.  I only got the one e-mail with the code so they didn't try again.  Origin assured me that it was definitely the Origin account that was hacked and not my credit card, in general.  My husband and I also followed up with our credit card's fraud department to be sure there had been no other issues and it did appear to just be Origin.

anything