Author Topic: Lounge: Oriental Tea House  (Read 6621 times)

Offline Indira

• Occult
Lounge: Oriental Tea House
« on: September 15, 2014, 11:31:12 AM »
Lot Name: Oriental Tea House
Location by Origin ID: Indira_1221
Hashtag: carlsguide
Lot Type: Lounge
Lot Area: 30x20
Theme: Asian

Tea houses are places were you can find discussions about politics, class distinctions and other topics regarding social situations. Some conflicts may occur due to disagreements. Public tea houses also generally reflect what the area is like. So if you are in for some snooping or research, the tea house is the best place to go to.

This is how the Oriental Tea House looks like in the late afternoon. There are two entrances/exits, one from the front (Temple Gate) and the other iss at the left side. The rocks that form part of the fencing give a semblance of ruins.

Deck with minibar and a small kitchen inside the small room.

The tea shop

Main tea room

I haven't had a chance to test the lounge for parties or weddings. But there is enough space in front to put a wedding arch if one so desires. I did not include a piano as it is not really part of the scene.

Dellena

Re: Lounge: Oriental Tea House
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 12:39:41 PM »
Cool use of the roofs.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 04:30:20 PM »
Excellent job! I love the theme and the creativity in the roofing. I love the landscaping too! You're a really talented builder.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 10:22:15 PM »
Cool use of the roofs.

I was hard pressed for Chinese roofs and was despairing about it. I actually started on roofs before I laid down the first foundation. By the way, your rocks around the fountain really inspired me and led the way for my "broken walls".

Excellent job! I love the theme and the creativity in the roofing. I love the landscaping too! You're a really talented builder.

Thanks. :) You have to believe I only started building houses/lots like this only in TS4. It started with me and my younger brother agreeing to compete in making a better house. That was how Di Lusso (my Italian house) was created. But it was too big and expensive, so I created on a smaller lot and created Shofuso. Still expensive..but we already know just how tempting it is to decorate your own home, right? :D especially the clutter....

I also find that exploring houses created by Maxis can actually give me ideas what to add to my own work. I often carry around a pen and paper (lately it became a small notebook) and jot down what I would like to see in a home. Whenever I'm out and pass by some wonderful architecture, I'd note it down or try to make a simple sketch or take a picture if I can.

Shofuso is actually a combination of different ideas. Images I've seen from before mixing with new ones. I jam them all together and blend it. Whenever I encounter a problem with space or uneven foundations, I just work around the problem, and in the process learn something new about the building tools in TS4.

Exploring other people's work also inspire me. The landscaping was inspired by Dellena's front yard in Victorian Charm. So I can't really say that houses I build are simply my own. It's also thanks to other people I come in contact with.  ;)

Offline tonycdh

• Townie
  • What does the llama say?
    • Me
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 11:29:55 PM »
Very sexy lot!  Thank you for sharing!  The landscaping is very well laid out as well. I'll have to share my bar and maybe you can help it out some. 😉

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 06:02:40 AM »
Cool use of the roofs.

Indeed! I love what you have done there.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 12:49:22 AM »
This looks amazing!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 02:58:40 AM »
Very sexy lot!  Thank you for sharing!  The landscaping is very well laid out as well. I'll have to share my bar and maybe you can help it out some. 😉

Thanks Tony. :) I'd love to help if I can. Either by testing it in-game or just looking at pics. I'm sure the rest of us with interest in building will be glad to offer help too.

Thanks too Playalot and Twinmum. :)

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 05:45:20 PM »
I was on the gallery today and noticed it has been favourited by Maxis! Congratulations!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 10:09:29 PM »
Thank you bubbles. :D
It was a lucky oppurtunity.

Offline dnagirl

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2014, 10:46:15 PM »
That's awesome, Indira!

anything