Author Topic: The Gold Standard Birthday Party  (Read 44286 times)

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
The Gold Standard Birthday Party
« on: September 15, 2014, 01:03:26 PM »
I thought I'd share my experience with getting a Gold medal for a Birthday party in a unique way. I've found these fun and challenging and have managed to get highest medal on all parties done so far. Hope this is in the right place and that you enjoy my little adventure! Feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer. I apologize ahead of time for the formatting this was the best I could come up with using what I know of the forums. Tips for the parties below in case your only here for those.

Quick Tips for parties in Sims 4. Always have enough seating for yours guests. You do not need to hire a chef or entertainer but a radio and served food will always be required. I recommend to empty out your fridge of all foods as I found the guests go in the fridge during the party and continue to cancel the actions of the person cooking by doing so. I have yet to have an event that didn't tell me to have my sims play games with others so I always keep a card table on hand.

Hey everyone, my names Rylan that temptress peering over my shoulder is my beautiful wife Rosie and we are the Feldman's. As a Celebrity Chef I am here to share with you some tips to make your party the best it can be. Granted you may not have a Chef and Musician in your house but even you can have a Gold Standard Party!

Today my son Nick is becoming a young adult and although I try not to feed his wanting to control everything I him do this party so he could invite all the people he knew. So what do you need for a party you ask? Great food, good music, decent drinks (after a few their all good), places to sit, games for guests and of course my being there always makes the room get a well decorated bonus.

Our house already has a bar and a table and we keep a game table in our families storage just for events. So before getting things rolling we made sure the bar was in order the tables were clean and of course cleaned out all of the food from the refrigerator so that the guests stayed out of my kitchen and out of my way!

Nick then went ahead and invited quite a few people most who I didn't know but it's his day and he seemed happy. As a favor to him his mother and I filled in as Cook and Entertainer so that he could have the best party possible. Our friend he happens to know also was gracious enough to be the bartender for the evening. Do you need of of that to make a great party you ask? Of course not, but if simple were my style I wouldn't look or cook as good as I do!

Of course once Nick made the call the guests flocked to our door eager to attend such an event. My wife quickly jumped to the piano and began playing as loudly as she could to try and over power the stereo, which had already been turned on. Our main goal was to of course have Nick blow out his candles but if we did that so quickly the party would end before it started. I did however begin making a party sized meal to serve to the guests as Nick quickly began telling jokes and socializing with his guests.

Some of the guests were demanding some party games so our other son started up a card game with a few. Then it happened, some fans spotted my wife and demanded that she do a stand up routine. Rosie began to panic, as she hadn't prepared a routine. She dashed to the computer and began making a quick routine for her fans.

As usual I was cool as a cucumber and was already done baking my cake. I then began to socialize with the guests and took the time to stop and make a toast to my son for becoming a young man.

As this point the party was quickly coming to a close so we had to have Nick blow out his candles. The guests left almost that minute. I know it wasn't my cake so it must have been the time. Poor Rosie was so determined to do her routine she worked on she stood in the empty room performing while the guests were leaving. Don't worry though I stood their and waited till she was done to go grab a piece of cake.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: The Gold Standard Birthday Party
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 07:18:58 PM »
Thanks justproud2b.  I always dread doing any party type thing, (rl or Sims!), so this will help a lot!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 05:42:42 PM »
Thank you so much for posting about the Birthday party.  I haven't even tried to host a party yet.  I do miss being invited all the time for parties hehe.  The oldest child my Sim family has will be turning soon and will get to enjoy his cake as well.  Hope they will throw a Gold party too! :)

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 06:34:11 PM »
Thank you! Parties seem a lot harder in Sims 4 than in Sims 3 (and I still sucked at throwing Sims 3 parties!) so this will certainly help!

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 06:38:44 PM »
One thing to note with toasting people it took me a minute to figure it out. You have to tell your sim to drink a drink. Then while the drink is in hand you click on the person you want to toast and it is an option then. I assume only adults can toast as every time I had a party for a younger sim it said "Have an adult make a toast"

Glad this is helping some people  :D

Offline radwyn

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 05:35:28 AM »
Just one possible hint I found leaving some food out on tables or counters for guets when the party begins avoids the fridge being opened all the time.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 09:06:07 AM »
That was a very entertaining post :)  An objective that has been hard for me so far is to have everyone drinking at the same time.  I tried doing the command of making drinks for everyone (there were only two guests), but one of the guests waved her arm around like she couldn't get there.  Do the bar stools get in the way?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline zoe

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 10:21:30 AM »
If you put down some drinks on the table that little fellows will take them automatically. If you want to do that faster you have to take the orange juice or milk. In my opinion 5-6 drinks on the table should be enough

Dellena

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 11:36:34 AM »
I would empty the fridge before  party.  I've had some parties where one of the requirements was to actually cook something and so many were getting in the fridge, I could get my sim to get the food out to cook.  Also, if you want them to eat in the dining area instead of in the kitchen at the nook or breakfast bar, use one of the hall tables located in Surfaces > Accent Tables - The console tables and buffet, etc. (all the long narrow tables) work well for this.  You can place the plates of food on the tables located in the dining room.  More often than not, the sims will sit at a dining table in the same room as where they picked up the food.  I use this trick to get my family to sit down to a family dinner in the dining room most nights and then they have a couple hours of family conversation time.  I love it.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 07:28:39 PM »
Thanks for the tip. It would bug me a bit when at a formal party or at family dinners people will eat on the nearby couch in the living room instead of the dining table...

Dellena

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 03:39:56 AM »
Also, if you don't want guests distracted by computers, go into build mode and put all the computers into the family inventory.  For my current house, all the computers are upstairs and I block off the stairs with a fence during a party.  Guests shouldn't be wandering all over the house anyway.  It's rude. :)  Will be glad when (if - I'm hopeful) they make doors lockable again.

Offline SimPoseyYum

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2014, 12:31:33 PM »
Nice post, Justproud. Thanks!

My aspiring chef-to-be just threw his first party.  I suppose it was a success (he earned a Silver, even though he met every single objective...).  My question is, is there any way to set a date and time for a party?  I was shocked when the invitees came over immediately, making the "Dinner" Party start at about 11:00am  :(.

I'd much prefer to set a date, time and place for the party.  Can't we hire out a hall or at least (/shudder) do a party at one of the public lots?

Offline stitching_JA

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2014, 02:23:01 PM »
The parties are set to start right after you call everyone.  I just pretend I sent invitations earlier, and call at the time I'm ready for the party to start.

You can throw different types of parties at different places.  The last of the event planning windows has a list of allowable venues for the party you are throwing.  I think house parties and dinner parties can only be thrown at a house, but if one of the guests lives in town, their home comes up as a venue choice as well as your lot.  Birthday parties and weddings can be held on your lot, guests' lots, or on some public lots. 

I find the parties on public lots easier than the ones at guests' homes.  If the lot is missing something you need, you can just pop into build mode and drop in what you want during the party.  You can't do that with parties held at other's homes.  My sims threw a dinner party at the Goths, and missed out on the drinking related tasks as they didn't have a bar and my sims hadn't brought drinks with them.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2014, 02:27:21 PM »
The parties are set to start right after you call everyone.  I just pretend I sent invitations earlier, and call at the time I'm ready for the party to start.

I just pretend I'm so popular people come running the second I call. :)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2014, 03:34:12 PM »
@justproud2b

How hard is it to get 8 gold medals from 8 different parties?  Doable in one sim's life (I mean without extending life)?  Have you tried the dating medals?  Is it as hard as the parties ones?