Author Topic: Cost Of Happiness - Chapter 6 Updated  (Read 15798 times)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: Cost Of Happiness (Ch 2 Murphy's Law)
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2014, 10:50:23 PM »
Poor Tiffany! Getting attacked for just being there is horrible. Let's hope this guy is good news for Tiffany and not bad news!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Indira

• Occult
Re: Cost Of Happiness (Ch 2 Murphy's Law)
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2014, 03:48:09 PM »
@Joria: yes, I've read a few Jude Deveraux books. Although I don't have much of her books. My old landlady during college used to lend me some of her collection. :D But at that time, I was more into collecting McCaffrey, Amanda Quick, and Johanna Lindsey. I'll look JD up again.

@Playalot, @Manisims: yep, definitely hot looking townie!  ;D But not as random as I'd like it to be. haha. I'll put a disclaimer when I do his character intro as well as where I got him. Or you can search for this person on the gallery 'vsebesit'. She creates nice looking sims. I initially placed him on a lot then evicted him so he can appear as a townie. Got lucky when he appeared on the first day.

@Gogowars: I was surprised too. That other lady just appeared and did mean interactions without any provocation. lol

@HazelS: Thanks :)

@Arimau: thanks for the links! I'll be sure to check them :D I hope it will have epubs for Ipad and accept CC. As for taking pictures of food, I noticed Tiffany doing it randomly when she eats chips, burgers, and grilled hotdogs at the parks  or at the bars.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Indira

• Occult
Re: Cost Of Happiness (Ch Old Friends, New Friends)
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2014, 04:23:09 PM »
Chapter 3 Old Friends, New Friends

‘It looks imposing. It looks gloomy. It looks creepy.’ Tiffany felt a chill run down her spine as she stood before the Goth’s home. It’s been years since she had last seen Mort and Bel. She heard they started a family here in Willow Creek.
She was poised to knock on the door when someone poked her from behind.

“Bejewels!” Tiffany yelped.

“Whaaat?!” A young voice shouted as well.

“Phew! I thought it was a ghost. Hahahaha!” she nervously laughed, trying to calm herself. “I heard they were patched in recently.”

“Ghost? Heh, you gotta be kidding me,” the young boy smirked. “Are you a sissy or what?”

“That’s not how you talk to your elders young man,” Tiffany said sternly. “Apologize, now! Or your parents will hear of it!”

“Ugh, sorry. Okay? Was just kidding, jeez,” he sullenly replied.

“Now, that’s a good boy,” she said, patting his head. “Are your parents home?”

“Whoa!  You’re gonna tell on me even after I said sorry? For real?!” his eyes started widened in dismay.

“Hey, hey! Calm down! Okay? I’m just here to visit old friends. You’re Mortimer’s son, right?”

“Yeah, um, I guess I’ll.. uh.. call them. Uh.. you really won’t tell them, will you?” he pleaded.

“Don’t worry sweetheart. I won’t. Now come on. Go call your dad and mom,” Tiffany smiled gently.

“Okay,” he grinned winsomely.

“Mom! Dad! We have a visitor!” He ran inside the house with Tiffany slowly following from behind.

“Don’t run inside the house Alexander,” a familiar gruff voice from inside the house admonished. A few moments later, Mortimer appeared.

“Hey, still remember me, old friend?” Tiffany asked shyly.

“Tiffany! This is a surprise! Come in, come in!” Mortimer ushered her into the living room. “It’s been years since I’ve last seen you. How have you been?”

“Still alive and kicking,” she laughed.

“Alex, go get your mom,” he told his son who was dawdling near them.

“Aw, do I have to?” he whined. He glanced at Tiffany with worried eyes. She winked at him secretly and put her forefinger to her lips. Alex grinned and went away happily to call his mom.

“Kids,” Mortimer said shaking his head. “I don’t know how we survived till now.”

“He looks just like you when we were kids,” Tiffany remarked.

“I couldn’t agree more,” a new voice said.

“Bella! You’re looking great! Being a mom becomes you.”

“You don’t say! Haha,” Bella said coming over to give Tiffany a hug.

Even though she and Bella weren’t really the best of friends, they had their moments of friendship before adolescent love and tribulations came between them. Maturity had also tempered those raging emotions that seemed to rule teen sims.

Tiffany spent a few hours at the Goth house to catch up on news and met the family’s eldest daughter, Cassandra, as well. After lunch, she made her excuses and went to the town library to do a little reading on cooking.

“Turn the heat on high...hmmm...pour a bucket of oil...hmmm...,” she murmured softly while leafing through ‘Cooking Vol 1: Let’s Cook!’

She later gained a level on her cooking skill which helped her get an instant promotion on her first day at work. Her boss praised her and even gave a bonus for a job well done. Feeling inspired, Tiffany worked even harder the next few days on her cooking skills and did part-time job at the night club in town to learn mixology. Her efforts rewarded her with three more consecutive promotions.

By the end of the week, she was a bag of bones from barely enough sleep and the constant travelling between home, work, library, gym, and night club. Living with bare necessities was taking its toll that she decided to buy a shower the soonest she can. But her limited funds were not yet enough to start construction of even a small cabin.

The stress from work and financial problems led her to visit the park where she met Alice Spencer-Kim who took to her after they played a game of chess.

“Cheese!” They both smiled at the camera.

“Oooh, this picture looks great! Is there a secret skill for photography?” Alice asked while tinkering with the camera phone.

“Not that I know,” Tiffany replied. “Let me check my skills panel. Hmm... nope. Nothing shows.”

“Oh well, maybe in the future,” Kim said, disappointed.

“I hope so. Anyway, I need to walk back home before it gets dark. The toilet is broken again. I can’t afford to spend simoleons on a repairman just yet,” Tiffany sighed.

“Okay. See ya, girlfriend.” With quick hugs and kisses, the two parted ways.

As Tiffany approached her home, she saw a man glancing about and then perusing a tiny paper.

“Excuse me, can I help you?” she asked.

The man turned around and warm chocolate eyes greeted her.

“Hi, I’m looking for the Sim Real Estate Office. I seem to have gotten lost somehow. By the way, name’s Rob,” he held out his hand and bestowed on her his most charming smile.

Author's Notes
Now that I have more time to play Sims 4 again, I can't wait to write the next few chapters about Tiffany's life. I find the beginning chapters to be the hardest to create. And I haven't yet found a comfortable way of writing. I tend to write in first person view (ex. character introduction) but I'm trying to break the habit (failing). And if I remember correctly, my high school English teacher said to write stories using present tenses. Urgh, haha.

Anyway, I'm truly enjoying this, lighthearted though the story may be. I hope you'll continue to accompany Tiffany as she experience new things in her life.

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
Re: Cost Of Happiness (Ch 3 Old Friends, New Friends)
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2014, 08:04:56 PM »
Can't believe I missed this story. Just finished reading and can't wait to hear more about Tiffany and her life.

Great backstory too.

I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2014, 03:29:37 AM »
Anyway, I'm truly enjoying this, lighthearted though the story may be. I hope you'll continue to accompany Tiffany as she experience new things in her life.

I’m also enjoying this. It looks lively and flowing so natural, like a stream in a river. It seems that you’re having fun creating those dialogues. Don’t worry as long you’re enjoying yourself, nothing matters anymore. Look forward for the next chapter :)
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2014, 03:44:00 AM »
I've been impatiently waiting for this update! No, just kidding  :D. It's a fab start and such a pretty sim. I'm looking forward to following on along.
I just love the connection with Bella and Mortimer, the Goths have always been my most favorite sims so it's lovely to see them in a story.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Devin

• Occult
Re: Cost Of Happiness (Ch Old Friends, New Friends)
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2014, 02:08:44 PM »
And if I remember correctly, my high school English teacher said to write stories using present tenses. Urgh, haha.

Most stories are actually written in past tense, with the present tense being the preferred tense for first person writings in order to keep the reader on the edge of her (or his) seat about whether or not the hero or heroine will die at the end of the book.

Past tense is pretty much always safe though!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2014, 01:38:25 PM »
Thanks  Ferretmania, Playalot, Arimau and Devin

I'm super excited on the next few chapters coming along! ;D I was delayed a little bit writing it down since I re-installed Sims 4 and I was missing some info and a few more screenshots.

**It took literally half a day (14 hours in fact). I just hate downloading. My internet plan was mainly for light surfing and NOT for downloading tons of data. And I don't want to make a new contract with my net service provider, as I'm planning on joining my husband, who is now taking PhD at Auckland Univ., in a couple of months from now. (fingers crossed)**

Anyway, I'm posting the male protagonist's character intro and chapter 4.
Can anyone help me how to link the different chapters on the first post? I'd really appreciate it.

@playalot: I love the Goths too and the Landgraabs, for that matter. Bob Pancakes is also becoming a fave of mine.
@Devin: My memory is hazy. I can't exactly recall whether my English teacher meant it for writing stories or for editorial/feature writing. But yea, using present tense for first person writing is good.
@ari: Because I didn't want to post too many pictures, my recourse was to narrate everything. But I found it too dry for my taste. I also have the tendency to write very short chapters...so if I merely narrate everything, the chapter becomes even much shorter and dull. I do hope I improve though. Like our sims, practice makes perfect. :D (Someday, we'll produce masterworks too, lol)

Offline Indira

• Occult
Cost Of Happiness (Ch 4 McDreamy and New Character Introduction)
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2014, 02:20:31 PM »
Disclaimer: Character design is by vsebesit. Name may be the same as the actor Robert Downey Jr. but his actions, speech, and behaviour in this story are mainly of the author’s imagination and are not attributed to the real person’s personality.

Character Introduction: Robert Downey

Hi, I’m Robert. And I’m glad to meet you.  **wink wink**

The winks are for the ladies, by the way. As a romantic, I could probably live in a world with just me and every pretty woman in the world. ;D But that is not exactly why I came to Willow Creek.

Of course I heard there are some cuties in here. The real estate agent, Don Lothario, who I contacted a few months ago, sent me a boxful of important documents. Very important documents and pictures. You are probably curious about what he sent me.

Okay, so here’s the list:

*House and Lot and Empty Lots for sale (meh, boring)

*Bella Goth (Ooh lala! Too bad she is married.)

*Nancy Landgraab (Whoa, that is one hot lady there! Too bad she is also married.)

*Eliza Pancakes (Her freckles make her look sweet and innocent...and she’s married too.)

I know, I know. I wouldn’t want to get caught up between messy divorces and jealous husbands. So hands off for me on the beautiful but married ladies.

*Caliente Sisters: Dina and Nina

Mama Mia!
No, I assure you I am not drooling.  ;D
At the back of the picture was a written message from Don Lothario.  “These are my girls.”

Way to go Bro. You just killed me...with envy.
Hey, I can just live a bachelor my whole life! What else can be better than being solo and free to flirt with anything in a skirt? :D But recently, I’ve develop this troublesome ‘trait’. I’ve become quite domestic, I confess. I want to ‘find a girl, settle down, if we want, we can marry, and together we grow old and be happy’. Hah, I couldn’t resist that. But seriously, I want to find and live with ‘The One’. It is time to find my one true love.

Chapter 4 McDreamy

Tiffany stared speechless at Rob. For the first time in her life, everything seemed right. It was like this scene is supposed to happen, like it was meant to be. As if some unknown person has had a hand in giving her this perfect moment in time.

“Excuse me, are you alright?” Rob asked worriedly.

“Oops, sorry. It’s just, uh, lack of sleep?” And the spell was broken. Cheeks stained red with embarrassment at being caught staring like a smitten teenager, Tiffany wished the ground would open up and swallow her whole. “I’m Tiffany Oakes. It’s nice to meet you.”

“Name’s Robert Downey. I just flew in from Bridgeport.”

“From the city? Are you an actor or something?”

“Ah, that was a long time ago,” he hedged, clearly uncomfortable talking about his past.

“I’m sorry. Of course it’s none of my business.” Tiffany almost groaned out loud for another gaffe she made. “By the way, what was it you need again?”

“I’m looking for Don Lothario. He works for a real estate company here.”

“Don? I don’t recognize that name. I'm also quite new in town. I didn't have time to meet the townsfolk yet. But I can accompany you to the library. Someone there might be able to help,” Tiffany said.

“How about the Sim Real Estate Office?”

“Well, unfortunately, the offices are beyond this town. Willow Creek’s developers, SimEA, decided not to include rabbit holes. There’s no way to locate the buildings,” she shrugged.

“Aw, that’s too bad, eh?” Rob said. “Then I’ll gladly take your offer on a date in town.”

“Date?! I didn't.., I’m not dating you! I mean we’ll go together. But it’s not a date,” she sputtered.

Robert just grinned and Tiffany tried unsuccessfully not to blush.

“Come on, we should get going before the library closes,” she hurried walked away, completely missing the glint that came on Robert’s eyes as his gaze followed her.

As luck would have it, it was practically late in the evening before they found Don Lothario. They cornered him at The Solar Flare, a popular lounge in a neighbouring town. But Don was too engrossed with his two lady companions, Nina and Dina Caliente, to do any transactions that night.

Tired and hungry from their search, it was only natural to have a bite and a drink at the bar. Relaxed from listening to good music and eating yummy chips, Tiffany didn’t demure when Robert asked her to dance. Throughout that evening till late at night, they shared jokes, had deep conversations, and lightly flirted with each other. Before the lounge closed, the manager personally presented them with a VIP Bucket for having won the secret challenge for “Best Date Ever!”

In the morning, Tiffany excitedly called Alice to come over. Then she prepared breakfast for her friend. When Alice arrived, she promptly knocked on the door to the comfort room.

“When you’re done goofing around, I made us eggs and toasts for breakfast.” Tiffany rolled her eyes at Alice’s antics. Her friend can be quite childish sometimes. But she is loveable nonetheless. That’s why they easily became friends. Alice’s family home is also just a few meters away.

“You’re no fun Tiff,” Alice pouted prettily. “So what’s all this excitement about? I can practically feel the ground shaking when you’re jumping around like that!”

“I’m just so happy!” Tiffany laughed. “It happened!”

“What happened?”

“It has happened!” Tiffany excitedly said.

“What is it? If you’re not telling me in five seconds, I’ll kick you!”

“We met yesterday. He is so handsome,” Tiffany sighed dreamily, closing her eyes as she relived the date, that wasn’t a date, last night.

“Ooooh! Details! Fast!” Alice impatiently demanded.

Tiffany recounted the past night’s activity to a wide-eyed Alice. It was a dream come true. It is probably a once-in-a-lifetime thing, but the memory will remain in her heart. She doesn’t really expect that anything more will come out of it. She is pragmatic if nothing else. And for someone like her, whose life is a series of unfortunate events, it is best to look at things realistically.

After all, happy ever after only happens in fairy tales.

Author's Notes
Song: Father and Son by Cat Stevens

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
Re: Cost Of Happiness (Ch 4 McDreamy and New Character Introduction)
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2014, 03:26:47 PM »
Can anyone help me how to link the different chapters on the first post? I'd really appreciate it.

Use this:

[url*=http://your link]name of chapter[/url]. Just remove * mark :) It should be like this: McDreamy and New Character Introduction. Hope it'd help.

Back on track~

Oh, my... I couldn't imagine about *wink* *wink* scene, that's too hilarious lol. Thankfully he said that it's for ladies after that lol. I just love his voice. Keep it up! Somehow it's contrast with Tifanny who looks like always serious type. Why I have feeling that, there is something that would be happen to Alice and Tifanny, hahhaa… Maybe someone can kindly call Sebastian to settle things later. After all, ladies loves him too and he’s perfect in every way lol :P ;D
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2014, 04:27:21 PM »
Ooh! Looks like Tiffany's got a thing for Mr. McDreamy! (Who wouldn't though?) If only she'd stop doubting herself. She can totally have a happy-ever-after. :D

This chapter was hilarious, Rob's whole introduction had me laughing. I love your writing style Indira, keep it up :)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2014, 07:06:42 AM »
Lovely chapter! I like your writing style, its all fair and well to have loads of pictures (which are awesome) but I find that the stories I enjoy the most are ones where the picture is used to enhance the text and not just throwing in a picture and describing it under it... But I suppose I'm just a writing snob lol I've been reading adult novels since I was 10 and before that it was Sweet Valley High and other teen books that had very little (if any) pictures and just walls and walls of text...

But you need to find your own Voice, the way of writing that YOU would want to read yourself! Ignore English teachers lol they're only there to annoy us!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2014, 08:42:35 AM »
@arimau: I'll try playing with it a bit and see if it works. :D thanks for the tip. Also, I included the **wink wink** in Robert's profile to show his flirty side. He is a bit of a romantic and is often kissing and hugging Tiffany all on his own when he is left on free will mode. On the other hand, Tiffany chooses the 'chat' interaction when Rob is around. lol.

@ManiSims: You got it right! I'm developing a thing for him too! haha. I love him. ;D so sweet.

@Magpie2012: We are the same with regards to reading. I started loving reading books since 5 or so. I still remember the first book I read on my own; The FOOT Book by Dr. Seuss. I probably pestered my mom by having her listen to me reading and re-reading it to her out loud. I was so proud of myself, haha. By 10-11 yrs old and being a bookworm in real life, I spent a lot of time in our school library and met the Bobbsey Twins, Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys(havent completed reading this series though), and the true tales of Peter Pan, Little Mermaid and some others. I cried for them. Such sad stories, unlike the fairy tale version that Disney introduced. I read a bit of Sweet Valley Twins when Liz and Jess were younger but I never got into the highschoool and university ones.

And I really want to read more of the legacy stories. Sadly, the pictures were loading too slow for me (not so good internet). And I get too frustrated while waiting. Hence, right now I'm just following 2 of them.

Someday, I'd want to create a story with a lot of pictures too. Although, I plan on a 'webtoon type' like what koreans make. Except I don't think the forum allows the length of comic strip (image), so I'll have to make a blog or something where I can post them before I link here. It's still a whim though. I still need to think how to go about it.

Offline Indira

• Occult
Re: Cost Of Happiness (Ch 5 The Question)
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2014, 09:51:19 AM »
Chapter 5 The Question

"When kissed for the first time, a girl should close her eyes. The second time, she should give an ecstatic back kick, clutching her sweetheart by his coat lapels."
— "An Outline of Motion Picture Etiquette", October 1923 issue of Screenland pg. 45

‘A woman can easily give in to a flirty and romantic man,’ Tiffany thought, disgusted at herself for once again giving in to another date with Robert. This time, it will be a picnic to watch the sail boats as they pass by Willow Creek River. Though she protested, perhaps too much, she still found herself spending part of her day harvesting wild vegetables and fruits. The gardener at the local park, a cranky old man in a jumper, told her off when she climbed the apple tree. He kicked the garbage can to show his anger. Tiffany scrambled down and took off to avoid more confrontations. Luckily, she had already hidden two scrumptious apples in her pockets.

-o0o-

The next day, the sun shyly peeked out behind the mountains. It promised a good day, as it always does in Willow Creek. No change in seasons as far as Tiffany could see. ‘It was just as well, since I’m still living in the shed,’ she thought starkly.

A shout calling her name broke her dark thoughts and she turned to see Robert jogging towards her. Without volition, her heart hammered like crazy that she had to breathe deeply to calm it down. It was vexing her to no end. This weird reaction to Robert’s presence is surely a sign of dislike.

“Hey, morning pretty girl,” Robert smiled as he took her hands and pressed his lips to her suddenly numbed fingers.

Tiffany opened her mouth to berate him for his forwardness. No words came out but unintelligible garbled sounds. She took her hands away and ran inside the comfort room, locking the door. She should be angry, but she was more confused.

Cupping her face, she felt her cheeks. She turned on the tap and washed her suddenly too warm cheeks. As she glanced at the mirror, her face was as red as the apples she got yesterday at the park.

A tentative knock alerted her to Rob’s presence behind the door.

“I’m sorry Tiff. I didn’t think and just acted impulsively,” the remorse in his voice could be plainly heard. “I’ll go if my presence is too troubling for you. I’m really sorry. I hope you’ll forgive me someday.”

Tiffany leaned back on the door wondering what to do when she heard Rob’s footsteps slowly moving away. And a bad premonition came to her. She suddenly knew that if she lets him go now, it would be the last she saw of him. She still doesn’t understand why Rob affects her in weird ways, but she also knew she doesn’t want him to disappear as some townies were wont to do.

She opened the door with haste and took off like the wind and ran after Robert. Time moved almost to a standstill. Robert with his back to her, disappearing in the morning mist was the most painful picture she had ever seen in her life.  She called out his name but he didn’t seem to hear her. Her vision clouded, the world slowly darkened, and then she was lost in oblivion.

-o0o-

“Wake up sleepy head!” A jovial voice startled her in opening her eyes. In the background, the sound of sloshing river water penetrated her nightmare-gripped mind. She had fallen asleep after they had eaten the picnic food she prepared, she remember now.

The sight of Robert’s face was almost too much for her to bear after her dark dreams. Not caring if her actions may offend, she pulled Robert towards her and hugged him tightly, tears streaming down her face. He tried to balance himself as Tiffany clung to him.

“Hey, hey, hey. What’s wrong sweetheart? Bad dreams?” She could hear Robert’s voice asking worriedly. But all she could do was hug him even tighter. The sobs that racked her body were almost cathartic. She realized Robert was gently patting her back. With reluctance, she released herself from him and sat down.

“I can’t live without you,” she suddenly said out of the blue, looking at his eyes, her face a picture of forlornness. She searched his face, her heart ready to accept rejection. She had suffered losing her family in Sunset Valley and she had survived. She can survive this too, barely, but she will.

“In all my life, that’s the best line I ever heard.” Swift as a hawk, he planted a kiss on her unguarded lips.

She suddenly had the urge to stand on tiptoes and pop her leg. The image was too corny and hilarious, that she burst in laughter and had her clutching Robert, of which he took advantage of and kissed her passionately. She literally curled her toes in response.

-o0o-

The whirlwind romance took the whole town by storm. There’s not a person in Willow Creek who didn’t know Tiffany and Robert are ‘officially’ ON. Tiffany couldn’t believe that only a few weeks ago, her life was so mundane. And now it’s a kaleidoscope of colors, with Robert being the center of it all.

They made plans for their future together. First was rebuilding Oakenstead. Hiring local carpenters, a simple log cabin was designed and construction of the first floor was started at the edge of the area. The living room was temporarily designated as bedroom and connected to it is a small dining room with kitchenette. Some of the surrounding trees were cut down for use. And Robert’s woodworking provided some basic furniture for their new home.

While Robert busied himself with crafting furniture and decorations for their new home, Tiffany worked religiously to reach the top level in Culinary as a Celebrity Chef, taking home various rewards that will be used in their kitchen. She later resigned from it due to the intense stress of serving finicky customers.

With the savings they accumulated, a second floor was added. They soon had a proper bedroom and an extra one for the children they are hoping to have.

Tiffany, finding she had too much time on her hands since quitting work, took up painting and was soon engrossed in producing masterpieces that are slowly crowding their home. Robert took it upon himself to begin constructing a third floor that will house the massive collection of paintings. But due to budget constraints and lack of area, the room was barely able to contain all the tools of the trade. And it was here, in the midst of artworks, that Robert finally had the courage to ask Tiffany that very important question that will forever change their lives.

“I want to ask you something... Would you marry me? I’m in love with you, so I thought I’d ask.”

Author’s Notes
Rob’s proposal was taken from ‘The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society’, written by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.

I'm squealing while writing and re-reading this chapter. Laughing insanely as well. ;D

HazelS

Re: Cost Of Happiness (Ch 5 The Question)
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2014, 01:44:43 PM »
I'm squealing too, but with happiness. I'm a big fan of who Robert *may* be based on 😉 so this is of particular enjoyment to me. What a lovely chapter, love all the little details.

anything