Author Topic: Cost Of Happiness - Chapter 6 Updated  (Read 15799 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Cost Of Happiness (Ch 5 The Question)
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2014, 07:06:10 PM »
Oh this is just gorgeous! I Love, love, love it! Can't wait for more.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2014, 07:33:30 AM »
Well, it seems that you're trying to experiments with kind of style that you're fit for, right? ;D

Things that I love in this version there's unique format (not forget about the pictures attached) and something to learn through others work and references. You have so much value to enjoy in the creations of yours, Indira. *clap hands*

Reading your story, I recall one quote from Dr. Seuss:
“To the world you may be one person; but to one person you may be the world.”

P.S: Sorry I feel something little off, not just like who I am usually. I think I shouldn't comment yet lol.
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jocboos

• blanket bundle
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Yes I really am a twin. Other twin: audbooh
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2014, 11:12:10 AM »
Dear Watcher, help me! That was so sweet. I was literally squealing on the floor, (and rolling).  ;D. Keep it up!
"You were fantastic, and you know what? So was I." - The 9th Doctor

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2014, 05:32:42 PM »
Oh, I read this when it was first posted and thought I commented but turns out I didn't! Whoops! I just wanted to say this was so cute! I love how casual Rob is about proposing. Like, "I'm in love with you, so I thought I'd ask... No big deal or anything." Haha!

Also, I love their house. Your builds always make me feel bad about my sub-par construction skills, hehe.

Can't wait for the next installment!

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2014, 09:38:05 PM »
I'm squealing too, but with happiness. I'm a big fan of who Robert *may* be based on 😉 so this is of particular enjoyment to me. What a lovely chapter, love all the little details.

Me too! :) I just watched his movie a few days ago, The Judge.

Oh this is just gorgeous! I Love, love, love it! Can't wait for more.

Thanks! I already have two sets of pictures for the next two chapters. I decided to have two chapters for one event as the the pictures don't all go together in terms of theme. One will be the official (and serious) chapter, the second will be a sidestory.

Things that I love in this version there's unique format (not forget about the pictures attached) and something to learn through others work and references. You have so much value to enjoy in the creations of yours, Indira. *clap hands*

I can't live my life without reading books or articles that catches my eye. It's just...too much a part of me, like breathing. And other people's works are often a source of inspiration for me when I'm in the mood to create anything.

Dear Watcher, help me! That was so sweet. I was literally squealing on the floor, (and rolling).  ;D. Keep it up!

I know that feeling! lol
I was already feeling guilty at not posting the next chapter already. I had decided when I started this story, to post at least 1 chapter every week. Real life has a way of pulling one away from games. This week was a little bit too busy that I barely have time to read forum except to skim through announcements. I was preparing things/documents for my visa application to New Zealand. My husband, who is currently in Auckland, has been pestering me to finish it early as he wanted to visit Christchurch sometime before Christmas, there's a conference or something he wants to attend. I pray I won't get rejected or something. It's stressing me out just thinking of it.

Oh, I read this when it was first posted and thought I commented but turns out I didn't! Whoops! I just wanted to say this was so cute! I love how casual Rob is about proposing. Like, "I'm in love with you, so I thought I'd ask... No big deal or anything." Haha!

Also, I love their house. Your builds always make me feel bad about my sub-par construction skills, hehe.

Can't wait for the next installment!

When I was envisioning Rob's proposal, I had initially wanted to set up something very romantic because of his romantic trait. Then I thought that he is becoming like a 'Mary Sue', perfect and all that, so I wanted to give him a side that tells he can be a little shy, a bit uncertain. Like you said, the proposal was casual enough, that if Tiffany rejects it, he can simply say he was kidding around.
**lol now i want him getting rejected and imagining his face! hahahaha**
Is there a way to get an embarrassed expression aside from people barging in the toilet while your sim poops?

Their house was/is gonna be a log house set in the forest, but I couldn't find any wall paper that is good for it. :( I'll have to wait for expansions to see new ones. And planting trees is currently too expensive, so not much screenshots showing the 'forest' yet. Another problem is the lighting inside the house. The wood wallpaper is dark and affects how the inside of the house looks. I'll experiment with either new wallpapers or add hidden lights. And lastly, the house is a bit hard to navigate unless one has been using it long or has gotten used to it. I'd not recommend it for simmers who want efficiency.
I know lots of builders use floor plans to create houses. I tried one, it was a small house...but somehow it just didn't look similar to the one in the picture! Maybe I'm just bad at following directions. Anyway, what I normally do is just looking at a lot of pictures of different houses and different rooms and just pick a few and mesh them all together in one single house! Not very original, I know. But it makes me happy recreating them the Sim-way. :D

I'll try and post the next chapter tonight when I get back home. I'm one of those people who take a really long time writing a short chapter. As I have to be somewhere today, I can't spend time other than replying.
*note to self: do the rough draft while commuting*

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2014, 11:06:11 PM »
"Is there a way to get an embarrassed expression aside from people barging in the toilet while your sim poops?"

It's not quite the same "horrified I've seen you on the toilet face" but if you tell a sim a fake sad story and wait for them to realize they've been tricked you get a sort of "humiliated/ gawd I've been sucked in" sort of face that might do for a picture.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2014, 05:36:32 AM »
Just managed to find time to catch up and am really enjoying the story so far! Hope Tiff and Robert can have a lovely life together! The house looks amazing as well.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Indira

• Occult
Cost Of Happiness - Chapter 6 Updated
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2015, 10:31:47 AM »
EDIT:  ;D    On a last ditch effort, I called my brother overseas, thru skype, and asked him to go through my files again on my old laptop. Thank the Lord, we finally made a breakthrough! It came out that he was searching the "user/document/..." on the wrong account. It was my fault though. I actually forgot I was using my husband's account, then I had asked my brother to search for my files on MY account. Of course he won't be finding what I needed from there. **face palm**
I'll be updating tonight after he emails my documents. Happy!
----------------------

I've been really unfortunate that when I packed my bags in preparation to moving here in New Zealand, the thing I forgot to put inside my bag is the USB with my sims 4 saved files and screenshots and two chapters of the story. It soured the game for me for some time.

I did ask my brother back home to search my laptop for my files, unfortunately, he sent me the wrong files. I think he got confused, as there are plenty of saved files there. lol.

Anyway, I lost my latest built lots and saved families that weren't in the gallery. I have to start again. I'm going to play again and hopefully develop a new story. Fingers crossed.

Offline Indira

• Occult
Cost Of Happiness ( Chapter 6 Something Old, Something )
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2015, 10:10:36 AM »

“Ahem!”

“.....”

“Ahhurmmm!” A much louder sound broke the two lovers apart, their faces flushing with a mixture of embarrassment and happiness. Today is a special day. Tiffany couldn’t help but smile impishly at Erik Lewis, who is Robert’s best man. The two had become fast friends when Lewis came over to help with the house while it was being constructed.

“I know you two are excited, but let’s wait some more for the guests, hmm?” Lewis teased.

“You can’t blame me, my man. It’s a one in a million chance to meet the one that makes me whole,” Robert said, kissing Tiffany again.

Lewis shook his head and just smiled at the two who can’t seem to take their hands off, or their lips, from each other.

The church slowly filled with people. The place can only be called perfect. Basilica de Sims was a masterpiece by Fischio7, who is a well-known architect in the Sims community. The church was built in the midst of some of the more luxurious houses in Oasis Springs. Away from the hustle and bustle of the average working people, it provided the much appreciated elegance that can easily be gained from such a luxurious place.

Invitations to the wedding itself was very much coveted, not because the townspeople knew Tiffany and Robert, but rather, the chance to be seen in such a prestigious place as the Basilica de Sims is known to be. Due to the scramble for the invitations, the Goth family’s personal invitation from the bride and groom was mysteriously stolen the minute before the actual event.

-o0o-

“If anyone can show just cause why this couple cannot lawfully be joined together in matrimony, let them speak or forever hold their peace.”

Awkward silence filled the room as some people surreptitiously glanced around for any juicy reactions. When no one spoke up, the speaker continued.

“Dearly beloved, we have come together in the presence of God to witness and bless the joining of this man and this woman in Holy Matrimony.”

An anonymous pastor officiated the wedding ceremony, and was completely invisible during the whole thing. It was a wonder, but the Sims didn’t seem to mind. Tiffany wondered what sort of magic was pulled.

Then the godparents and the bridesmaids were called to witness the joining of the bride and groom.

“Robert Downey Jr, do you take Tiffany for your lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?”

“I do!” Robert declared confidently.

“Tiffany Oakes, do you take Robert for your lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?”

“I do,” Tiffany couldn’t help the bright smile that came to her face. Her dreams are coming true at last. It is now time to break free from her miserable past and look forward to a new and hopeful future.

“I now pronounce you man and wife!”

And amidst the cheers and congratulations, Robert and Tiffany tied the knot at last.

-o0o-

“Did you see Nina’s face earlier?” Eliza Pancakes asked innocently.

Nancy snorted. “You bet I did! She looked positively green!”

“If I were Tiffany, I’d keep Robert on a short leash while that hot kitty is prowling around!” Eliza smirked. “Oh hey! They’re cutting the cake.”

“We better get a slice before it’s gone. I heard Tiffany is a great cook.”

“Yum, I can’t wait.”

Good music, good food, free for all drinks, and dancing. It’s a great end to a great day.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Cost Of Happiness - Chapter 6 Updated
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2015, 07:24:24 PM »
Congratulations on a beautiful wedding and the building is just lovely! Great to see Tiffany back.  :)

Offline stellybelly

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2015, 04:46:22 AM »
So romantic!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2015, 07:57:25 AM »
I'm moving this to the Stories Graveyard due to inactivity.  @Indira - you can revive this story by contacting a moderator.

Original Storyboard:  Sims 4 Miscellaneous Stories

anything