Author Topic: The Drake Legacy Challenge - Chapter 1.11  (Read 20269 times)

Offline Devin

• Occult
1.8 The Little Man
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2014, 02:51:56 PM »

I'm not sure how this is supposed to work, but I found this scrapbook that Mom and Dad have been keeping, and I wanted to stick something in it.

So: Hi! I'm Casey, and today's my birthday. Mom called me her "little man" and told me how proud she is of me for growing up to be so handsome. I told her I know I'm handsome, so she should tell me something I didn't already know. She laughed like it was actually funny, but I think I might have hurt her feelings a little bit. Turns out she and Dad have been arguing about some things, and so I guess she's a bit sensitive.

She ought to be. I can paint better than she can, and I'm eight! How long has she been doing this, anyway?

As you can see, I take my art very seriously. It's a job for me, don't you know? One day I'm going to make much more money than Mom or Dad do. That's why I set to work on my art while wearing my best suit. I had to make a point to them that you can't slack off and not bother to take the time to invest in the things that you want. They've given me everything I have, but I do not plan on living outdoors for the rest of my life. They're going to have to step up their game if they don't want me to be more successful than they are by the time that I'm twelve.

I read something in here about Grandpa (Mom's Dad) and how he works too hard and never makes time for anything else. She'd do pretty well to take a page out of his book, I think.

Dad talks a lot. I read somewhere in here that he wants to have like a million friends or something, and that I'm supposed to be his friend. I guess that we are friends, except he's kind of an idiot and he's too interested in dumb stuff like making friends and not interested enough in making money or anything important like that. It's kind of ridiculous, if you ask me, but what am I supposed to do about it? I'm eight!

Also, I feel kind of used, you know? What am I, just another number to him to add to his list of friends.

He also keeps chasing me out of the house and telling me that I should go "be a kid" or some other awful thing like that. I guess he doesn't understand that I don't really want to be a kid, I'd rather be a grownup and make the money so that we don't have to keep living on the lawn. If they aren't going to be responsible, then somebody else has to be, and I guess that somebody else is me, you know?

Mom's way more serious. She followed me to the park to help me with my homework and make sure that it got done, even though I didn't want an idiot's help with my homework and I don't care whether or not I do it. She keeps telling me that if I'm going to make it to the top of my career as a teenager, that I have to do well in school, but that's really just about the money to her. I'd planned on painting my way through high school instead of getting a job, but I guess that she isn't really giving me much of a choice in that, either (which sucks, I guess).

To listen to them talk, you'd think that Dad was the one who was all business, but it's really the opposite. He just has an easier job, if you ask me!

Well, I have to head off for my first day of school! Mom says that I "have" to get an A and Dad's talked to me about my Aspiration. He's not too pleased that I'm following in Mom's footsteps instead of in his, but what can I say about that? It's not like I got a choice in what I wanted to do with my life is it?

Offline Devin

• Occult
1.9 Dear Daddy, Where Are You?
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2014, 05:33:50 PM »
Dear Daddy,

Where are you? I never heard back from my previous letter, and Cale gets weekly letters from his mother. I guess I no longer have that open invitation to move back in with you if things go sour here. Cale and I have had a few fights the last few weeks, mainly because the house is too small and I'm pregnant again. I'm sure that you think that's not the greatest news, because more children mean more mouths to feed and the need for more space. That was why you and Mama only had one child, wasn't it?

Honestly, I'm beginning to see your point. I'm spending more time working on my career more than my personal goals. We need the money, so I'm selling more paintings than I'm keeping. It makes me so terribly sad, but the good news is that I'm making money from my painting, and that's what I always wanted, and what Mama always wanted for me as well. She wanted me to give her grandchildren as well.

Why haven't you come to see Casey? I think you'd like him. He's like you, a hard worker even if he does prefer my type of work (art, that is) over your type of work. He'd never want to be a mechanic, but I can see him designing cars, you know?

He's a good kid... In a manner of speaking.

My real reason for writing to you is to say that I've gotten another promotion. Now I'm mostly earning money from painting, and soon I'm going to have the choice of whether I want to paint for a living or if I'm going to be a patron instead. I'd like to keep painting, but the money is important. The question is whether or not I can keep painting in my free time. Keeping the paintings in the house is important to me, but they're selling surprisingly well.

You always doubted me.

I want so badly to hear you say that I'm a success and that you're happy with everything I've done. Maybe when I make it to the top you'll let me have that thing I've been waiting for my entire life. All I want is your approval. It's a constant reminder to make sure that I give Casey as much affirmation as I possibly can. He's an excellent artist, and he may be better than me one day. I'll never discourage him from following his dreams the way that you discouraged me, Daddy.

(Casey took this picture. He was laughing about it and insisted that I include it with my letter to his grandfather.)

This pregnancy has been more difficult than my pregnancy with Casey. Cale says that he read that sometimes women have more morning sickness when they're pregnant with girls than when they're pregnant with boys, but I have this sinking feeling in my gut that it's not that.

We can't afford twins, Daddy. I don't know what we're going to do if this pregnancy is more than one baby, because we simply can't afford to take care of two (or three!) babies at the same time. I'm only hoping that the Watcher smiles down on us and grants us a single girl to carry on the family lineage instead of giving us more mouths than we can afford to feed.

At least we're living indoors now. You won't be able to tell it from some of the pictures that I sent you (since some of our furniture is still on the lawn), but Casey has a bed inside now. It's an improvement, even if it's not perfect.

Cale's music is getting better, and he's using it to make himself some friends. Did you know that if you stand on a street corner and play an instrument that people will toss money at you? He's made some money that way, albeit not very much, and he's had to switch from the violin to the guitar, since people prefer the guitar music over the violin music. His mother has sent the instruments, so it's not like we're paying for those.

She also sent a violin for Casey. It hasn't escaped our notice that you've sent nothing for your grandson. We haven't so much as heard from you. He's so artistically inclined that it seems in some ways that he got these traits from both of us. I love it, and I think Cale does too. He's closer to Casey than I am, so maybe that's why our son chose the violin.

Even so, he continues to work on his artwork any chance that he gets. I'm on him about his schoolwork, the same way that you were always hard on me about mine. I wonder sometimes whether I'm doing the right thing, but at least I help him with his homework every night. He has a B right now, but it shouldn't be too long before we are celebrating his first A homework level. That will be a tremendous thrill for all of us. He's going to be successful at whatever he does.

He says he wants to be a criminal mastermind. I think he's joking, but Cale seems suspicious.

Did I tell you that I think I might be expecting twins? I'm definitely bigger with this pregnancy, but it's also my second, so it's hard to tell how things are progressing. I've included a photo of myself in the first trimester. I'm painting in it. Can you see that I'm painting? Yes, Daddy, I still do that, and I'm even more serious about it now than I used to be in the past. Painting is serious business for me, and I love every  minute that I spend at the easel.

What are we going to do if it's twins? Please send money?

No, I'm not really asking. We're doing fine in our careers. It's going to be alright.

Cale is spending a lot of time in town playing his guitar for tips. We call that "busking" and it seems like a rather distasteful term but the activity itself has proven to be fairly lucrative for him. It doesn't pull as much as selling a single painting of mine, but he enjoys doing it and it has the added benefit of allowing him to meet several sims at once. We've not had a party yet, but I think that when we do he'll have plenty of people to invite over.

I wish that first party could be our wedding, but Cale hasn't proposed yet and I'm beginning to doubt that he ever will. Casey's birthday is more likely for all of us, I think. Casey will enjoy it at least. You made sure I didn't get birthday parties when I was growing up, and that always disappointed me. He should enjoy that, even if he has so few friends.

Cale and Casey continue to be quite close. They are so different from one another and yet they have so much fun together that it's hard to explain what attracts them. I don't think they're best friends, but there's something conspiratorial about the way they come together and chatter when I'm just out of earshot. Maybe they're planning something.

Maybe they're planning Cale's proposal? That would be amazing. Do you think that you'd come to the wedding, Daddy?

Everything around the house breaks regularly. This time it was the computer, but it could be anything from the toilet to the shower to the refrigerator. Cale and I are getting so good at repairing things that I've considered (not really) taking on a job as a mechanic or a plumber. Maybe you could come by some time to help us to fix all these problems around the house. Would you do that for us, if I asked you nicely?

I know, I know. You want me to be able to stand on my own two feet without your help, and that's why you've always been so hard on me. I just wish you'd done more to encourage me and to lift me up. I can't imagine being like that with Casey; The way that you were, I mean. It was horrible, growing up that way, without knowing which way to turn and without knowing that I could rely on you if there was a problem in my life.

You offered once to let me come home if I needed to, but I know that I don't need to. Money won't be an issue for very much longer.

Casey's looking forward to having a little brother or (more likely) sister. He's going to be a wonderful big brother, I have no doubt of that. Hopefully he'll teach his brother or sister the ropes and he'll help him or her at school. Friends are important, and siblings are the first friends that we get to have. Casey should be good at that, if he continues the way that he has been. He doesn't have many friends, but the friends that he does have are good.

I sense he might have a crush.

Her name is Courtney, and right now they're best friends, but I have hope for the future. I'd love to have grandkids. Maybe I'm more like Mama than I thought. You're a grandfather, Daddy. Can you imagine being a great-grandfather?

I have to go, Daddy. The baby's coming. Write back this time, okay?

With Love,
Talia

P.S. IT WAS TWINS! We've named them Emilio and Emily. Not my best moment. I've slipped in a picture of them as nooboos!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
Re: The Drake Legacy Challenge - Chapter 1.9
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2014, 01:47:18 AM »
Hi, mind if I come in? *knock knock*

Err…

No one answer? Maybe there’s nobody home right now.

Uhh… Okay.

I think I will leave the video here. Okay, now the problem is… How I supposed to do with this to play it automatically when someone comes home.

Hold on Ari, where there’s a will, there’s a way. *talk to self*

- start the video -

*beep*

Hi, last night I was trying to visit your home but no one inside. I want to talk you in person but it seems there’s something wrong inside while there’s no one. There’s one creepy voice. That’s weird, because it’s not Halloween yet. So, I chose to run away and leave everything behind hahaha. Uh, so I will only leave the message from the video. Hope it’d helpful and I hope that you’ll watch it. 

Things that I love in your story are:

1.   Your effort to edit the images with photoshop. I admit. I couldn’t do thing like you did. It looks great, but that makes thing seems not natural; it’s not like TS4 that I knew, so somehow it looks unfamiliar… It feels so distant and kinda lonely.
2.   You’re proficient with English and good with writing, it’s enjoyable to read and I learned a lot from simply reading from yours alone :) 
3.   That’s a lovely introduction for meet the character. I love the back-story and touch you’re given there.
4.   You’re very good with giving character personality. It complicated and what is show in the appearance is not entirely all about it. But in my opinion for having a Snob for main character isn’t a good choice lol. It only great for antagonist. The way you told me about her not made me feel any sympathy or empathy toward her. That just makes me hate her. Even she’s a Snob, try to show her soft side in the future, and don’t blame it on her. It’s not her fault; just blame it on her classmates, lol. I love Cole personality though, he’s a down-to-earth person, he’s kind and genuine. And for their son Casey, oh gosh… I couldn’t say anything; I tend to walk away instead having him break my heart. Hopefully the twins would be different.

I have words for Talia from my Sims:

Dear, Talia. It’s not all about the appearance, thing that matter the most is what comes from inside. Its must be hurt to keep up appearance all this time, but please just don’t become something like who hurts you. Just don’t be with someone who always disrespects you. You only gain nothing but hurt feeling. Sometimes people who are hurt tend to hurt other because they don’t want to be hurt again.     

There’s one recommendation that I want you to hear. Please just simply listen to this song ;)

Sincerely,
Aristo

Umm… Hi… I’m just kinda new, I supposed to be in Oasis Spring but I don’t know why I that I am lost in this place. Oh, gosh. I hope that wouldn’t be trouble in future event that I would like to participate in. But I do believe we’re not in the same place. Please forgive for my rudeness for what I say… >.<

Do it for your Mom’ sake. She’s the one who encourage you for being a painter, right? Do just because you want to do it. Remember that whenever your heart is, there you will find your treasure. Oh, it’s a quote from one book called The Alchemist.

So, uhhh… Where’s the way to Oasis Spring again? Uh, oh I can’t get lost forever or I can’t participate in my first challenge ever! (;_;)

Harriet
(Future) Immortal Dynasty participant

P.S: You’ve been working this far. It’s not easy to writing story. So, please go on! It would be nice in the next chapter to start with just be as you are. You know that beautiful thing is come from simplicity. Just be yourself and I hope there would be more varieties in genre that you’d bring in the next chapter.

P.P. S:  I have feedback on Watcher’s notes. Please kindly understand that not all people in this forum are proficient with English, because for some of us, that’s not our native tongue (like me). Sometimes it takes effort (for us) just to understand and enjoy stories (I have to open dictionaries and such to understand) that also could be applies to writing things (most of us are not a writer, we’re just Simmers who love to tell about our Sims tale) and the simply thing that we can do is left something as encouragement and support so the author can move on because we want to see the story until the end.

And the most beautiful thing that we can give to someone is our time, because time is part of our soul that we couldn’t get it back and that’s so precious :)

Sorry if I have something that offends you somehow. But, that’s what I truly feel. Last but not least, we’re here to having fun right? So why we must bother with something that gave us uncomfortable emotion ;)

I’ll look forward for the next update! :D

-   arimau –

*blip*
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2014, 02:01:13 AM »
arimu,

I couldn't even begin to write in a non-native language. I'd be terrified to even try in French, which is the closest I come to being fluent in a language that I didn't grow up with. Dutch and Italian would be purely impossible. You have my utmost respect just for putting in the effort in the first place, and my admiration because you're learning so much by writing in a language you're learning.

I've been planning an update within the next couple of days. Unfortunately I wind up playing way in advance of where I'm writing, and going back and writing it out this way is confusing (for me, anyway). In the future, I'll be slowing it down a bit. I've been experimenting some more with characters in my stories and slowing down has served to be of utmost use.

P.S. I think the photos look unnatural because of the screen on them. I've done some tweaks to the way that I'm editing and am generally only using seventhecho's action. In some cases I may add a selective coloring layer to make the greens pop, but that's usually only for gardens (because it looks incredible).

Offline Devin

• Occult
1.10 Growing Up
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2014, 02:38:48 AM »
These photos should be a bit better. As Arimu said, they didn't look right. Sometimes my own eye for aesthetics is far from perfect, and I've changed the way that I edited them halfway through another story I've been working on writing. These shouldn't be as bright and washed out. This is purely seventhecho's Photoshop Action.

Time passes quickly around here. Sometimes I think I let it blow by without me, so I'm going to try to make this a quick update to let you know what's going on in our little family. I promise you to try to keep this short, but there will be another one right behind it.

The twins grew up. That's Emilio on the left, Emily in the middle, and of course our dear Casey on the end, looking agitated with his brother for reasons I can't even begin to fathom. Casey's angry so much of the time these days, and I feel sincerely bad for him. It would make his life easier if he could let things go, but he often has such a full head of steam that it's difficult for him to control.

Emilio grew up to be quite the rambunctious scamp. He loves to play at the park whenever he gets the chance, but unfortunately we're mostly confined to the house at the moment. With three children, each with his or her different aspirations, we're hard at work to make things happen for each of them, and it's easier when we can supervise, of course.

He's quite the handsome little devil though, isn't he?

Meanwhile, Casey continues to get to know Courtney. They seem to play quite well together, but I think that some of this might have to do with the fact that Courtney (who is a bit on the chubby side, isn't she?) seems not to mind Casey's antics. I've not determined what his childhood trait is, but I'm suspecting that he's evil, the way that he behaves with his siblings. I don't see them becoming friends, unfortunately.

He tries so hard to scare her with his stories, but no matter what he says or does, Courtney stands by as though nothing he says affects her at all. It's a bit strange, if you ask me, but he seems to like her, and I'm not going to discourage him. Look at me and Cale!

Emily also set out to make some new friends while practicing chess in the park. She wants to be a Whiz Kid, and she's already setting out to get an A in elementary school. Cale and I are both hopeful that it will happen for her soon!

The kids came home after the park and sat down to do their homework together. Courtney tagged along with them, so we let her stay as long as the homework got done in a timely manner!

Cale's music has continued to improve, and I'm happy to have him play now. He's excellent at all three instruments he plays, and it's nice to have live music played around the house. The children seem to enjoy it too, Casey in particular.

I'm working hard to help Emily with her aspiration.

Cale is too.

But we still had time to get "in the club" again! I'm expecting any day now!

This was not in any way my best update, but I played too quickly ahead of the story. The next one after this is probably going to be in the same rough format before I can get back into the swing of things with the characters. Playing too far ahead makes me disjointed, I'm afraid. Next one will be better!

Offline Devin

• Occult
1.11 Picture Update
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2014, 03:13:48 AM »
I'm going to make this as quick as possible because of how far behind the game play the story is at present. This is pretty much just going to be a photo drop and then I'll pick up the story from there. Please accept my sincere apologies. It should get way better after this!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2014, 03:15:36 AM »
It's all a learning curve. Maybe your update was too brief, but you know mine are so long winded it's going to take me a year to get to generation 10! That's what is so nice about this forum, people will only be supportive and not dismissive.
It looks like your house has moved on considerably from the pictures so your legacy must be going well, especially if Cale is leveling up in all three instruments.
I'm looking forward to the next chapter, it is interesting how other people play and what happens.

In one of your chapters your heir said this...
"My dreams are isolating, and his give him wings. How I wish sometimes that I could have the friends he does. Those strong ties to people have eluded me since Mother's death when I was thirteen, and I miss connecting with another person. I should put more effort into Cale, more effort into Casey.

Perhaps once I've reached the top of my career."

I think this sum her up well. She is terrified of being hurt, but she has to soften up otherwise she will end up lonely and only a small part of the potential she has in her to become. Use her relationships with her children, children have a knack of breaking open the toughest hearts.  :)

P.S. I actually liked the briefness of your update as it told us a lot of info  :)

*edited, great photo update, my comments were really about the update before this one! Sorry for somehow posting out of order and making it confusing.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2014, 03:17:29 AM »
Thank you (: I've now updated as far as I've played, without any real introduction to Eleanor or Brianna. Frankly, two sets of twins is harrowing, and I'm barely making it on the first set, let alone the second. Eleanor's aspiration is Social Butterfly and it's impossible to manage while managing the other children.

Casey grew up handsome though (:

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2014, 03:25:41 AM »
I agree about the aspiration Social Butterfly, I have totally failed this one too with Kaiden. He has one day as a child left and only one adult friend and three child aged friends. Impossible!
Casey is very cute.  :)

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2014, 04:35:15 AM »
I'm thinking about testing out the social butterfly aspiration in another story I'm writing on a blog (and will move here once I've gotten to generation three and am sure it's not going to die out. TONS of writing in that one) because that story doesn't involve randomization of traits and aspirations and it gives me a chance to see how far I can take it.

You have exceptional skill at managing more than one child at a time. I have never, in all the years I've been simming (which seems like forever now!) learned to handle large groups of sims in a single household. I've tried, and I've consistently failed to manage more than four at a time. Practice is helping, but this particular aspiration is more than enough to run me off of wanting to have more than one child per generation, since it's hard to handle if your other child sims have aspirations of their own to complete :-/

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2014, 10:51:33 PM »
One song that could describe about what I feel after you posting the updates, just like one song that Aristo mentioned about to Talia: Just The Way You Are feat Lupe Fiasco, lol.

Devin! You're great as the way you are. I love this :)

It doesn’t matter about what others think, thing that matters the most is what you think about yourself. You may say that it’s maybe not the best update, but that’s not entirely true. I think this is the most beautiful thing that I see in your works. You post just as who you are and I totally love it! I truly enjoy your works here, especially the images. Its true then when old folks said to me that one picture could tell so much depends on who see it. Don’t worry! We’re all learning here that’s why community was created in the first place, because we shared the same thing, we do thing that we love.

…and we never get old if we want to learn. I’m also still learning and make a lot of mistakes but that’s alright because from mistakes in the end we will know what’s right. And there’s so many thing that I want to explore :D :D :D

Keep being awesome!!
Arimau's Playground

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2014, 11:08:10 PM »
I managed to complete the social butterfly aspiration with about five minutes to spare before I frantically put candles on his birthday cake! I used the Health Drink and the reward that replaces sleep and non-stop chatting to three kiddies and two adults until they were all very playful. Once they all had that emotion I just non-stop told jokes. I repeated each joke twice (any more than twice and you get a negative hit) because jokes give you a double increase in relationship. ( A small double ++ sign shows after each joke.) Poor kid was nearly hysterical by the time they were all friends.

The down side of that is that no-one else in the family can be actively working towards aspiration goals, they can be skilling up at home in that 'away' interaction thingy, but that's not the same really.

It certainly was a real challenge. I hope like anything that I don't roll that aspiration again.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2014, 04:50:26 AM »
This seems to be my first comment but I have been reading your story right from the start. You are doing a great job here! You have such a beautiful family growing. Talia is beautiful, Cale is really handsome and kids so cute.

What prompted me to comment was something Playalot wrote earlier: it is interesting how other people play and what happens. We the simmers are so different: you wrote that you are struggling with so many sims in the household, while I got bored with just three sims left after playing a full house. I felt the same way with Sims 2 and 3, too - have to have many sims to control. And I have found the Social Butterfly to be the easiest child aspiration (that is if you have enough townie kids in the game). Whiz Kid is the most difficult for me, because it requires the child to earn an 'A' at school while still working on other goals for the aspiration.

A tip for working on several aspirations at one time: send all your sims out to the library in Willow Creek. Sims can work towards different aspirations there by reading the skill books (they keep on reading if you queue the action several times), practice on the computer, play chess, meet other sims, fish on the shore and kids can play in the pirate ship and gain motor skill. I don't remember if the activity table was there originally, but I have one in the library at least now and after I placed an easel for the adults, my sims can be working on most skills in the library.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2014, 12:14:14 PM »
Three sims is my ideal number, to be honest with you. That being said, I completely understand why you get bored, particularly as it's more likely that you're going to experience some gaps when sims are working or sleeping at the same time. I'm also re-creating the Mullen "legacy" (not a true legacy since I'm not following most of the rules at this point), and right now, with three sims in the family, there are a ton of times that I'm waiting between work shifts for them to come home. The baby just aged up though, so she'll add a new dynamic.

One of the problems that I keep having with legacies in Sims 4 is that I get overwhelmed very easily with large numbers of sims, and it's easy to give up when I start to forget to take pictures. I've done okay with the Drakes so far (which has helped to keep me going) but two sets of twins back to back made me panic and need a break. I'd wanted four children, not five, and five is wearing me out quickly. Generation 2 and I already have a household of 7 sims. That's pretty insane.

I really like Talia though. Logan is hands down my favorite (just because of her facial expressions -- once I get to generation 3 I'll share more of her) but Talia's backstory makes me happy. Arimau has a point about her snobbishness (I didn't understand at first what he meant, but he's actually right on target with her attitude toward other people, and in particular Cale), but I think that her story allows that to come from somewhere, and I feel good about that.

This is how I used to do Sims stories, with a lot of personality and back story. For some reason, I never found that possible in The Sims 3 (like it didn't give me enough of a backdrop) but I feel like TS4 is more like TS2, which gave me the background for stories that I needed.

I've not chosen an heir yet, so these girls need some personality, stat. Right now it's looking like it's going to be Emily since she will (probably) complete her Whiz Kid Aspiration and I'm dubious that Brianna is going to manage the Creative Genius just because by the time I get to her, it's overwhelming.

Side benefit of doing the Aspiration building at the library: Spending time in the neighborhood causes some of the less common plants to grow in that neighborhood (roses in particular), allowing them to be harvest-able. Presumably if one were to add a library or similar venue to Oasis Springs, the same benefit could be gleaned there. I'd not thought of doing it that way, so I'll give that a try with the next social butterfly who pops up in the legacy.

Fortunately nearly all of my kids are Rambunctious Scamps, so I've gotten quite good at that one!

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2014, 03:02:45 PM »
The important thing is that you're enjoying yourself. If you’re enjoying yourself you’ll continue this legacy no matter what happen, you wouldn’t worry about what others think either :) But what I truly meant is please understand that readers have their own like, dislike and preference. There is something that related to real life stuffs. The story itself is great, but in some case I myself hate snob people so much because I have experiences for that and that’s not good for my health because I tend to get angry and feel uncomfortable after reading yours :(

That also works with some attitudes toward Cole, I’ve experienced that thing so instead leaving comments that lead to flaming I chose to avoid and stay silent. Everyone perspective also different, we’re seeing world in different angle, so we as author can’t force our perspective to them. And remember that we couldn’t read your mind so we don’t know what behind it.

…and we’re all already having full of real life stuff over our head, and life of full of drama so I would be likes not to add another thing to make my life worse, lol. Having drama in a story is okay, that’s necessary to create a good story, but just remembers about the portion and for the Llama sake you’re the Watcher, You have control about their life! The Sims 4 is a Life Simulation, not a real life! Make their life better, geez! 

So I myself prefer to see others with comedy elements or meaningful things, (for example: take a note about Red from justproud, his works inspired me so much despite of her weaknesses and Playalot works with randomness that always made me smile and other writers here who it seems have hidden talent as comedian). One or two with hilarious phrase or funny image never fail to make me laugh and I feel much better after that. And that’s why that I suggest you to slip another genre, so the story not focus at that, at least there’s a wind of change. I just want you to continue your legacy, but it’d be enjoyable to you and others too. Since you’re posting to chapter 1.9, you suddenly stopped. I thought it would be a shame if this wonderful story going to graveyard.

So, please kindly understand again that even people have their own limits. Sometimes people appreciate others when they’re not into their life anymore. Don’t let that happen to you and don’t blame to situation after that. We just want you to change to a better version of you. We actually care about you and we hope that you could understand and we’re here to have fun together :)

P.S: Devin, you’re one of kind of serious type but I know deep down inside you’re a kind and genuine person, but you have your own way to express it and people tend to misunderstood you. So that leads to miscommunication and problem that not supposed to happen, haha. That’s simply from my observation lol. Don’t take everything personally ;)
Arimau's Playground

anything