Author Topic: The Cloudbringer Legacy - Deleted File and Broken Pictures. Graveyard Please  (Read 35790 times)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
After reading stories on this forum for the last few years, then finally signing up a year after that.. I think I might now have the courage to post a story! Let's hope I can work out how to do this, as I am what my husband calls... technically challenged... :o  Here goes!!

Strict Matriarchy: The Founder must be female. Only girls are eligible to be named heir. Male children cannot, under any circumstance, ever be the heir to the next generation.
Modern: Both Naturally born and adopted children are eligible to be named heir.
First Born: The oldest, by order of joining the family, eligible living child is named heir.

Welcome to the new world of being a legacy founder Ms Alena Cloudbringer. Her traits are Creative, Artistic and Perfectionist. She would like to be a Painter Extraordinaire.

Yes - looking at her mega belongings I think that Alena is wishing that she was still ignorantly sitting in the Gallery library with all the other 'hopefuls' that the watcher has made

Now that's better!! It's always great to put a smile on her face.  The watcher had to document the very first painting done. Although it didn't turn out great - it did earn her a whopping 16 simileons!

She could not afford a fridge yet as it was decided that a toilet was probably more necessary.. so it was off to the nightclub to get some of those free (yet oddly disgusting) chips!

Whilst she was there Travis came in and started waving - Alena almost waved back as she seemed to remember him.. but then it came back to the watcher that it was another file ago.. a long, long time ago!!

After scoffing down all the free chips that she could - the gym was her next visit. 

Apparently Nancy disapproves of sweaty people  :o But naturally - Alena pushed on

She was lucky enough to have Don close by to take the all the focus of her stench and have it focus on him!  Although the watcher must admit that she was desperate to find Don as she believes that he makes gorgeous children.. Stinky or not!

"Wait..  What? This isn't the time to show my super human strength??" Mmmmmm... Delusional and stinky...  "Your so pretty"  "Oh.. Thanks!!!"  ... Oh dear..

Ok princess.. time for bed..

Hope you guys like it.. I'm just finding my voice with her - so my writing style may change as I go along.. but boy, I really love this sim, she was the first one I made in the Sims 4 and I keep going back to her.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
Re: The Cloudbringer Legacy - Day 1
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 10:55:16 AM »
No wonder you love her - she is really beautiful. Good luck with your legacy :) .

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 11:25:34 AM »
Good start, and she is really pretty :D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 01:40:52 PM »
She's very pretty. I can imagine her and Don's kiddies too. Bet they're cute as a button! Great start. :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 11:23:27 PM »
No wonder you love her - she is really beautiful. Good luck with your legacy :) .

Thanks Tipi!

Good start, and she is really pretty :D

Thanks LenaLJ - I really do love playing this sim so much

She's very pretty. I can imagine her and Don's kiddies too. Bet they're cute as a button! Great start. :)

Thanks Playalot!  Haven't decided if Don is the 'man' yet.. Plus I'm trying to get through all the rules for the Legacy and I can't remember if she HAS to move her partner in.. Thinking of her being a single Mum, then it will not matter who the father is as I can't move Don in as he is a townie.

If anyone can remember off the top of their head that would be great!

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 01:03:20 AM »
I absolutely love your founder

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: The Cloudbringer Legacy - I'm NOT a Princess
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 02:26:38 AM »
I absolutely love your founder

Thank you Artsygirl  :D

After the watcher introduced me yesterday - I believe that she may have given everyone the impression that I was a bit of a princess - so I'm taking over.. For now!! ANYWAY....

First thing I do is get something to eat from my new fridge. I managed to paint just enough yesterday so the watcher could buy a shower, fridge and a counter to make some salad. (She didn't tell you that huh?!!)  And then think about getting as many of my milestones done as I can. 

So I go digging.

Then Dina (who I met at the club last night) decided to come for a visit and she was pretty sad. Apparently this guy she likes, Don something or other, told her that he was interested in someone else and although they were only friends right now - he was hoping that it could be more.

This girl is new in town, only been around for a few days, pretty.. He actually met her at the gym.... Oh no.. she's not talking about..

Me?? *gulp* Ok..  she's an active sim, active sim.... Let's get fired up Dina!!

I mean I'm absolutely sure that this girl didn't.. I mean, doesn't know that Don likes her.. Actually.. let me join you..

*don't think about personal space... just keep going..*

After our little work out I thought a couple of drinks at the nightclub might cheer her up a bit more, plus it might give me some time to think about this new development with Don..

As I'm trying to blend into the background (blue is really popular here!) I'm thinking about this Don character and wondering how he got me into this mess. I was hoping Dina and I could become good friends.  I was getting more and more confused by how this situation came about and so I started telling this 'hypothetical' story of how a girl comes to a new town trying to make friends..

Perhaps I was a bit too intense... awkward Yes.. thank you watcher..

So I decide to go home and possibly start work on my ambition (yes.. got a little distracted today) and as I was making my salad I turned to look at my view.. Wow.. it doesn't matter what happens.. I'm one lucky girl. Hey.. is that Don's house over there??

Anyway - after having a quick discussion about my goals, I let the watcher take over for a bit and, well... help I guess..

Not bad huh?? Pictures viewed and displayed. Two more down!  I am apparently saving up all my satisfaction points to buy never weary... hold on.. what??? I LOVE sleeping!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 02:30:20 AM »
So the next day I get up and wonder if perhaps we may be able to buy a sink soon...

And just as I was finishing my morning bathroom duties... guess who comes for a visit..

After some quick chatting, I think it's time to go to the gym.. by myself.. and guess who comes for a visit..

Ok.... a little creepy... I go home for some salad and..

Is that???

Really??? I try and finish my salad as quietly as possible behind the fridge, grab some yogurt for dessert and go to sit on...

DUDE!! You are on my bed!!

After all that I decide that I should probably have a nice sleep (whilst I can)

Watcher.. PLEASE can we do something about these plates??

You're welcome.. princess!!

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 02:31:09 AM »
Not bad huh?? Pictures viewed and displayed. Two more down!

This hit me hard!  ;D That's a smart way to do it!

I love your founder's eyes. Surprisingly it doesn't really clash with her hair much, and it stands out beautifully. :)
“With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.”

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Cloudbringer Legacy - I'm NOT a princess!
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 10:23:09 AM »
You're really good at capturing Alena's expressions! The one where she's in the nightclub is priceless. I'm looking forward to seeing more.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 03:51:36 PM »
re: your question about Don being your spouse and Pinstars rules...

"Q: With the spouse rule change, can we bring in non-townies (Like Bella Goth) as long as they don’t bring in any money?

A: This one is a bit nebulous. The technical answer is “no” but if you, the player don’t know their traits/skills ahead of time, then they should be fair game as they are essentially the same as #LegacyLoves sims. The spirit of the rule is to prevent players from moving in sims that they’ve either created themselves or know ahead of time their skills and traits. "

Find the rest of Pinstars Q and A here,...
http://www.simslegacychallenge.com/the-sims-4-legacy-challenge-rules/faq/

hope that helps.  :)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 11:00:16 PM »
This hit me hard!  ;D That's a smart way to do it!

I love your founder's eyes. Surprisingly it doesn't really clash with her hair much, and it stands out beautifully. :)

Thanks Imayu94, I was worried about her hair colour with her eyes at first, but in CAS when I tried any other colour - it just didn't look as good!  I found that the viewing of the paintings is a bit like playing songs on the guitar in the sims 3 - just get them to view the picture, it registers almost straight away, cancel the action and let them move onto the next one. To view all 25 pictures took about 3 RL mins. Then straight back into buy mode to sell them all back. But you lose about $4 per picture, so it can be a bit costly if you don't have much money to spare. :D

You're really good at capturing Alena's expressions! The one where she's in the nightclub is priceless. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Wow, thank you Marian T - I've been reading your stories for ages, so what a pleasure to have you read one of mine!  ;D

re: your question about Don being your spouse and Pinstars rules...

"Q: With the spouse rule change, can we bring in non-townies (Like Bella Goth) as long as they don’t bring in any money?

A: This one is a bit nebulous. The technical answer is “no” but if you, the player don’t know their traits/skills ahead of time, then they should be fair game as they are essentially the same as #LegacyLoves sims. The spirit of the rule is to prevent players from moving in sims that they’ve either created themselves or know ahead of time their skills and traits. "

Find the rest of Pinstars Q and A here,...
http://www.simslegacychallenge.com/the-sims-4-legacy-challenge-rules/faq/

hope that helps.  :)

That helps heaps, thank you for going to so much trouble!

And Thank you everyone for reading my first ever story!

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: The Cloudbringer Legacy - Asking Permission
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2014, 03:49:35 PM »
After waking up early, I was thinking that it was time to actually try to cook something other than a salad, grilled cheese sounds easy enough! .....

Umm... ANYway...  :-[

I was thinking about Don coming over and almost stalking me.. and the funny thing is.. I just can't seem to get him out of my head.. at all... So I thought that perhaps I need to talk to Dina and try to sort this out.. you know.. just in case...

So I rang her and asked to meet her in the park. I was feeling very scared and worried that I was about to ruin a really good friendship, but I bit the bullet and. well.. see for yourself..

I just kept telling her that I didn't know, but now that I do - my feelings are a little bit muddled..

I was over the moon! I think that went really well!! There you go watcher!! I think I handled that VERY well!!

Did you??  Did you really??

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2014, 04:07:23 PM »
Oh! lol lovely update. Poor Dina.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2014, 04:17:18 PM »
What our little princess didn't know is that Don had called Dina previously that day to ask her to meet him at the art museum, apparently he had some good news to tell her

"Oh Dina, it's so great that we are friends.. I don't have many .. um.. girl.. friends hahaha.. NOW I get it!! girl.. friend!! that's great!! hahaha.. well anyway.. thanks for listening.. do you think I have a shot with Alena??

"Sure Don.. hang on.. just need to get a little pumped..."

Um.. sure, I'm actually about to meet Alena right now.  Listen, why don't you give her a call and meet her here in a couple of hours?

I'm not sure I'm liking Dina's mind set right now.. but Alena has asked me to trust her, so .. letting go of the apron strings.. now.

Oh dear.. I think I'm actually feeling something for this guy! Deep breath.. Hey Don.. Want to take a photo with me??