Author Topic: How to Gold All Social Events - Updated for Spooky Party  (Read 245746 times)

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
How to Gold All Social Events - Updated for Spooky Party
« on: October 28, 2014, 11:58:43 PM »
I was looking around, trying to find a nice, comprehensive list of all the actions you needed to get Gold in all the different social events and I just wasn't finding *one* list.  So I cracked open a new file, inserted 8 partying sims and a nice big house full of party gear to see exactly what was needed to get gold in *everything*.   If there's a better place to stick this, please feel free to move it!

First thing I noticed, it's not always an identical set of demands.  One time I was asked to have sims play games, another time to dance.  I'll make note of this along the list.  Events in italics are the must completes that top the goal list.  I am writing the list in order that the demands appeared in the party queue, some things show up late and you need to be prepared!

Luxury Party Stuff Pack Notes

The two most obvious adds for parties with this Stuff Pack are of course the buffet and the drink bowl.  I tested it out for a few parties and here's a few things to know.  You can "Call to Meal" using a buffet item for requirements like the Dinner Party or if you need X sims eating at the same time.  However, cakes are not a 'built in' menu item, if your party needs a cake, you need to have one baked on an oven.

The drink bowl counts for X sims drinking at the same time, but some parties need excellent drinks crafted, or a specific drink, and the drink bowl can't help you there, you'll need a bar or a coffee/tea machine. You may be better off setting it for chocolate or fondue and stick to relying on the bar.

So while these two items certainly *help* you parties out, plus give nice happy buffs, they aren't a shortcut to success!  Remember to have a bar/mixologist and ensure someone can provide for cakes!

House Party

The Host(s) must socialize 12 times
Make 3 Drinks
Tell 3 Jokes
3 Sims Dance(or Play Games) at the SAME time
3 Sims become Playful at the SAME time
3 Sims Become Flirty at the SAME time
4 slices of cake eaten
- Flirt 5 times may appear on the task list
- Have 3 Sims kiss may be on the task list

At Gold my reward was a high level stereo.  The cake and drinks can be made by any of your sims, or you can hire a caterer/mixologist.  I had no luck with my caterers and had to make the cake myself.

Dinner Party

Call Guests to Meal
3 Sims listen to Music at the SAME time
Host thanks sim for coming
Make large Garden Salad
Tell 2 Jokes
3 Sims playful at the SAME time
3 Sims drinking at the SAME time - coffee and tea count for this!
Make a dessert
- Make Coffee or Tea may be on the task  list
- Make 3 drinks (from a bar!) may be on the task list

Gold reward was a hanging pots sculpture.  Again, no luck with the caterers, I used one of my own sims to make all the food.  Have that mixologist handy and group order drinks!

Incognito Party (Digital Deluxe)

Talk with guests about costumes 10 times
3 Sims play games (or dance) at the SAME time
Make a Taco Casserole (second time was a hamburger cake)
2 orders of Buffalo Wing Tea (need a mixologist!)
Eat cake 4 times
Make Coffee or Tea
3 Sims eat at SAME time
Craft excellent drink

Gold level rewards was a flying llama statue and the spaceship jungle gym.  Again a good mixologist is a must and a decent cook.  I hired Bob Pancakes as a caterer the first time and he didn't make any Taco casseroles, the second time through I self catered and got the hamburger cake demand instead.

Black and White Party (Digital Deluxe)

Discuss Black and White things 10 times
3 Sims listen to the piano (or classical music) at the SAME time
Order 2 Zebra Fizzes
Make a Black and White Cake - need gourmet cooking level 1!
Make Coffee or Tea
3 Sims eat at SAME time
3 Sims become playful at SAME time
Craft an excellent drink
Have Black and White food of excellent quality

Gold rewards were a chess set and a piano.  First time through I could not get any sim to listen to the piano player, second time through I got the desire for classical music listening on the stereo and Golded the event.

Birthday Party

Blow out Candles
Have 3 Playful Sims at the SAME time
Make a Group Meal
Birthday Sim socializes for 3 hours
3 sims eat at SAME time
Birthday Sim chats while Happy
Birthday Sim complemented 4 times
Have 3 drinks
Eat 4 slices of cake
 - have Sim make a Toast may be on the task list

I received a painting for a Gold Party and I managed to gold it before the birthday sim was complemented 4 times.

Date

Socialize 10 times
Both sims become Flirty at the SAME time
Sit and Talk with Date
Flirt while Flirty
Tell Date 3 Jokes
Have 2 Deep Conversations
Kiss Passionately
- WhooHoo or Mess Around may be on the task list

Gold reward was a VIP bucket.  Took the sims to the museum in Willow creek to the benches by the fountain.  had a few conversation miscues and had to recover from 2 embarrassed sims but they rebounded nicely and finished the date ready to move right onto the final party...

WEDDING!

Get Married
Have 3 Drinks
Have 1 Guest watch the Ceremony
Talk to guests for 2 hours
Take 1st slice
Kiss
Eat food 4 times
- Have a Sim make a Toast may be on the task list

Gold rewards were a centerpiece, a wedding pillar, a coffee maker, a microwave and a knife block.  I opened the party by marrying the sims right away, before any guests could start wandering around and getting other things cued up.  The cake was quickly set out and first slice taken and the rest of the event was just socializing.

Weenie Roast (Outdoor Retreat)

Roast 3 Hotdogs
Tell Group Story
Cook Meal on a Grill
Hangout at Campfire for 3 Hours
Socialize w/ Guests 5 times
Play w/ Campfire
Eat Food 4 times
Have 3 Sims Play Horseshoes at the SAME time
Play Guitar at Campfire
Philosophize About Life/Complain About Mosquitoes/Enthuse About Wildlife 2 times (varies)
- Have 3 Sims roast Marshmallows at the SAME time may be on the task list

The reward is a chess set.  This is a *dangerous* party, I had three fires in my two attempts 2 from the campfire and one from the grill.  Lots of people crowded around the fire for long periods of time in order to get all the socials done, and I recommend at least 2 sims controlled by the player in order to make sure all three hotdogs get roasted.  You can have one sim assigned be a 'grillmaster' to cook on a nearby grill or have one of your sims do the grilling.

Spooky Party (Spooky Stuff Pack)

Carve 2 Pumpkins
Ask For Party Treats 2 times
Discuss Costumes 2 times
Dance - 1 person
View carved Pumpkin 1 time
Perform Mischief Socials 3 times
 - Have a drink may appear on task list

While outwardly this is a very easy party to Gold medal, you need to carve 2 pumpkins  and each one takes 90 minutes.  So either have one person carving away right as the party starts or get two carving tables to get a second person carving.  I was able to finish the party in just under two hours by having two people carve and a third knocking out all the socials.  The reward is a superhero llama costume.

I noticed several times that the hired staff sometimes failed to do their jobs, several times the entertainer would be wandering around and not playing, the caterer wasn't making food and the mixologist was chatting up a guest instead of making drinks.   Group ordering drinks and calling to meals really help knock out those demands for sims to do things at the same time, and if you have emotion altering items, use them!  Getting everyone in the right mood (and sometimes changing the mood) will be the difference between silver and gold!
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline stitching_JA

• Llama Wrangler
Re: How to Gold All Social Events
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 01:13:39 AM »
I've seen a couple of other tasks. 
Birthday and Weddings - give a toast or have another sim give a toast

Date - have both sims be playful
- give a massage
-woohoo

I sometimes have sims have dates on their home lot, and that's the only place I've seen woohoo come up as a task.  I've seen be playful and give a massage on a few lots.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline arcadiana

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 12:49:24 PM »
On a date I got the "Kiss Passionately" task and could not find the option. I still did everything else and got gold.

Offline JoxerTM22

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 01:29:22 PM »
The easiest way to gold them all is by completing Party Animal aspiration first.
It looks timeconsuming and grindy, but actually it's probably the fastest aspiration to complete within a new game (and without cheat2win).

Hints:
1. The easiest social event to get on gold is date. Especially if it happens - in your house. No distractions! No loadscreens! No cost!
2. Second easiest is a dinner party. Make it even easier by controlling all three sims who attend it.
3. Throwing an event automatically means attending it!
4. If it says "do 73456387654 events", just start 'em then end them by clicking on the timer.

You'll get Party Animal trait reward in no time and with it you can get gold on any event type without a sweat.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 06:11:32 AM »
The date goals seem to change depending on where you send your sims for the date. I've seen 2 or 3 different sets of goals for each of the other parties.

Offline Fiddlesticks

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 02:13:40 AM »
I think _Annika_ is right about the date goals changing. I've had sims want to play chess together when there's a chess table and WooHoo when there's a bed.

Offline markarch

• Townie
    • Fletcher Legacy
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 10:53:09 AM »
Yes, it is changing, I got different kind of recipe in the Dinner Party, all I can remember is to cook Rack of Lamb or Roast Chicken, and that's only available when your host already learned that recipe, I think.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 11:25:57 AM »
Yes, the requirements change.
I even had teenagers on a date need to "Mess Around" aka WooHoo.
I've also had "work out at the same time," on a date and, for a wedding, "have the betrothed flirt 3 or 4 times."

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 01:16:26 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, I'll add those to the event lists as possible tasks!  I still have yet to have a sim want to whoo hoo on a date, even a house date... maybe they don't like each other that much?

Offline arcadiana

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2014, 03:06:39 PM »
I don't know if this matters but when I received gold for my sims' wedding they received a paper towel holder instead of a knife block. So maybe some of the random decor awards change.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 12:10:17 AM »
I just got a new date requirement that was particularly difficult/annoying. It was: "Have sims drink at the same time." Since I only had control of one sim, I couldn't just make them both drink. In the end, I didn't get it done, even after sitting drinks right in front of my sim's date.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2014, 01:59:35 AM »
I just got a new date requirement that was particularly difficult/annoying. It was: "Have sims drink at the same time." Since I only had control of one sim, I couldn't just make them both drink. In the end, I didn't get it done, even after sitting drinks right in front of my sim's date.
The best way to do this is be in a conversation with your date, and then click on the bar and choose make drinks for everyone.  When you're done, both Sims will automatically queue up to drink.

Offline Mack

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't fret, or you will miss the fun.
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2014, 05:54:35 PM »
At a Dinner Party I got a request to have 3 Sims happy. How would I complete this one?  Have them watch comedy on the TV? Tell jokes? Anyone had this request also while doing social events?
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift; that's why it's called a present.

Offline stitching_JA

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2014, 07:08:04 PM »
I've had the one about happy guests. I think it only counts happy sims, and not those with happy moodlets boosting other emotions.  I moved my sims into an area without emotional auras.  I got the guests to move with me by talking with them and using "go here together" and by calling other sims over.  I used a sim under my control that was happy, and had them use friendly interactions, especially anything with green, until the others in the conversation were happy, too.  I avoided playful/funny interactions and flirty/romantic ones.  Although a couple of sims had other emotions, like the one who had won a chess game, eventually I had enough happy sims to complete the task.

I've also noticed that when having an event on a community lot, it counts the emotions of other sims not involved in your event.  A few times on dates at the park, I've had the task to have happy or playful sims, and neither sim in the couple (both under my control) had those moodlets, but the task counted 1 and then 2 sims with that emotion and completed.

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
Re: How to Gold All Social Events - Updated for Weenie Roast
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2015, 10:46:53 AM »
Updated with the Outdoor themed Weenie Roast party.  Be careful with this one, fires abound!