Author Topic: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- October 6)  (Read 36606 times)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (off hiatus -- June 22)
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2015, 02:18:49 PM »
Glad to see this family back in action! Nothing is more invigorating than some nice new formal wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2015, 11:17:51 PM »
Welcome back Cribbage! What a wonderful way to reintroduce everyone  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2015, 01:00:31 PM »
Chapter 6 – Transitions

I'm a teen now; you'll see pictures of our party later. Because I'm more mature, there are some things I understand a lot better than I used to – why Chess got to have all the fun, for example. I had to do homework, while she could go swimming.

(Note: she got an A anyway, but it wasn't something she had to do.) And I had to make chemistry potions while she got to play on the spaceship while Mom pretended to be a space monster. It always seemed unfair.

But you see that white cloud over the gravestones behind Mom? That's one of our ghosts settling in for the day. Someday Mom and Chess are going to be ghosts, too, while I'm still alive.

They'll still come around. That's Granddad J talking to Dad at breakfast.

And Great-aunt Zoe giving advice to Uncle Risk.

That's something else I understand better – why Uncle Risk will probably be my father-in-law someday. He had a girl over the other day.

I noticed them out in the garden while I was making one of my potions.

Even though I was still a kid, I figured out that they were more than just friends.

Of course, I didn't understand then why they both went into the Observatory, but I do now. Uncle Risk was making sure that Willow Creek wouldn't become a town of ghosts by the time I grew up.

Anyway, that's two of the things I've learned.

Dad threw his fifth (and last) party while Chess and I were at school. He says parties aren't that much fun when you have to make sure they're gold medal ones. At this one, what he had to do was compliment everyone on their costumes.

He and Grandma and Uncle Risk all were dressed as maids.

He's decided to make gardening his third skill.

And he only needs one more promotion now (he doesn't like the cowboy boots much; he says they pinch his toes).

Finally the day of our birthday arrived. I'd completed the Whiz Kid aspiration and become mentally gifted, so I was able to join Chess in her exploration of space. It was kind of sad, though, knowing we wouldn't be able to do this any more.

Grandma baked a chocolate cake for us, and I blew out the candles first.

I was blinded by the light for a moment, and then somebody put more candles on the cake for Chess.

Dad gave a toot on his horn, and the two of us were sent to get new clothes from the wardrobe.

Here are our formal outfits. Chess's favorite color is blue, so that's what she picked.

I preferred a more subdued combo -- cream and grey. Chess has been giving me a hard time about the mustache, asking if I had an accident with a pencil, that kind of thing.

I was going to give her a hard time back, but then Grandma gave me a look and pulled Chess aside for a chat. I think she might have been telling Chess that she wouldn't be able to get married or have children or move out because of the dynasty rules, so I resolved that I wouldn't ever be mean to Chess again.

Uncle Risk invited a couple of his teen-aged children over, but I didn't take any pictures of them because I didn't like them. Shelly Granger is evil, and Valentin Spencer-Kim-Lewis is mean. I can't see myself becoming friends with either of them.

Mom had her birthday later that evening. It looks like she was all alone, but we were there, singing "Happy Birthday!"

Later on she tried to cheer me up by telling me that dynasty spouses and helpers have a really good life compared to ordinary sims. The Supreme Queen encourages them to learn things and work on their aspirations. If she weren't a dynasty spouse, Mom said, she would never have learned how to play the guitar.

Speaking of aspirations and stuff, my first aspiration is to get The Curator. I'm going to get a job as a scientist when I grow up, and collecting crystals and metals will help.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
Re: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- June 23)
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2015, 03:25:11 PM »
All caught up! Love the naming theme - very original and fun.  :)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2015, 11:21:43 PM »
I love their outfits! Especially the 20's mobster mustache..  ;D You are going so well, really enjoying your story 

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2015, 01:08:58 PM »
Chapter 7 – Portraits

Check out this handsome dude. Yeah, that's me, on my way to school.

Since I called this chapter "Portraits," I'm going to show the portraits and then move on to something else. Here's the one that Dad did of Grandma. It's a masterpiece, and it's going to be part of his museum collection.

He did one of Mom, too, but that's not in the museum. He hung it in their bedroom.

And this is the one that Grandma did of Dad. Now that the Supreme Queen has removed the bar, she's taken up painting. It's in the museum, too, but it won't count towards Dad's totals.

I was talking to Mom about my skills, and she informed me that handiness would have to be one of them. Even though we put in another bathroom upstairs for me and Uncle Risk, everything keeps breaking down.

So I'm repairing things.

But I'm also doing upgrades, like adding aromatherapy to our new hot tub.

For "fun," I'm working on logic. One way is by playing chess with my sister. All these years, I never knew she cheated until Uncle Risk filled me in. I beat her anyway. Hah!

And I'm also using the Observatory, which feels a little weird, now that I know what goes on in there.

Speaking of Uncle Risk, he ran into Aunt Nataly at the gym and discovered that indeed, she was pregnant.

She came over later that day and chatted for a while.

Then she went out to the garden and entered the Observatory. Everyone was afraid she might give birth in there, but she went home. We found out later that she had twin boys – Carlton and Kelly.

Uncle Risk says that his romancing days are over. Besides Aunt Nataly, the only woman in town young enough to have a child is his daughter Shelly. He celebrated his elder birthday, and Mom sang for him. She sounds a lot better now than when she first started singing.

I guess this is as good a place as any to mention that Uncle Risk and I went to the park the other day where I met his daughter Marlene.

She and I hit it off pretty well, so I invited her over to the house for a date. We played chess and talked.

We flirted a bit, but whenever I tried to kiss her, she pushed me away, so I only got a bronze medal for the date. Towards the end, she did let me put my arm around her.

Grandma is ecstatic that Marlene and I are an item. (Note: I haven't even asked her to be my girlfriend yet.) She says she promised Grandfather Gavin and his friends that if they moved in, their descendants would become immortals, and if I marry Marlene, then she'll have made good on her promise. I guess I probably will marry her. I was going to suggest she join me in the hot tub during our date, but when I went outside, I discovered that it was full of green sludge, and I had to repair it.

Dad found a new fishing spot.

Frogs are there, too, so he brought me along on one of his trips. It's really pretty – I think Marlene might like to see it sometime. One thing about Marlene – she hates children. But Grandma says she'll be happy to take care of any babies we have.

Dad has become an elder now, which necessitated a lot of talk between him and Grandma. I'm probably not going to max handiness soon enough for him to get into the Forgotten Grotto so he can collect enough types of fish. They both said it wasn't my fault – they should have been encouraging Uncle Risk to work on handiness. Anyway, his second aspiration is going to be Fabulously Wealthy, which he got already. He still has to max fishing and gardening, make 6 good friends and get promoted to level 10 of the Painting career, which should happen by the end of next week.

And once he's done all that, he'll be able to take ambrosia, like Grandma. I asked her how it tasted. "Indescribable," she said. And then she added that it's better when the angelfish is fresh.

One of Dad's new friends is our half-uncle, Cullen Goth. He came over the other day. Grandma said she might ask him to join our household but not until Marlene and I have gotten married.

And I almost forgot – we finally got to see our maid, Gavin Brown. He keeps showing up when we're gone. I'm not sure how much cleaning he actually does, but he doesn't cost us anything. Dad was able to get his services for free.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
Re: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- June 25)
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2015, 01:46:10 PM »
Fingers crossed for Pinochle!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2015, 01:54:44 PM »
@Tixxis, Thanks, he needs it!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2015, 03:12:05 PM »
Sounds like Pinochle's got a few stressful days ahead of him! Good luck Pinochle! Like that you used the Thioacetone Oil, lol.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2015, 08:27:32 AM »
Chapter 8 – Second Ambrosia

It's been a week of accomplishments here at the Melapis household. First off, Mom got promoted at work. She's an Assistant to the Manager now, or something like that.

Next, yours truly blew out the candles on his cake and joined the work force as a Junior Tinkerer in the Science profession.

Chess followed. She actually enjoys programming, so she's entered the Tech Guru career. Our birthday party only made it to silver, so we're going to have to try harder on the next.

Soon after that, I got a call from Marlene inviting me to her party. I hurried over to her house and discovered that she'd already become a Young Adult before blowing out the candles on her cake. I quickly invited her to move in with us, pointing out that one of the advantages would be a total makeover and the latest in fashions. Marlene agreed and spent an hour or two picking out a new formal.

She got a new party outfit, too and was pleased when I told her that she looked totally gorgeous.

I followed the compliment with a kiss. We might have gone further, but Grandma was in the Observatory. I can understand now why it's so popular with courting couples – it's the one place on the lot where you're guaranteed privacy.

I've been thinking about getting Marlene to join me in the hot tub, but it's one of Uncle Risk's favorite places.

Dad got his final promotion, followed soon after by a reminder that he should start getting his affairs in order. Since his "affairs" consisted of getting from level 8 to level 10 of gardening and making 5 more good friends (he and Dino already went way back), he was extremely busy for the next few days.

He bought a couple of bonsai plants to work on when there wasn't anything to do in the garden. Actually, he could have kept talking to the plants, but he said it was a little scary when he started thinking that the snapdragon was talking back.

He went over to the gym late one night and became best friends with an alien, Kendall Barone, and good friends with the trainer there and also with the Grim Reaper. He works as a detective during his off-hours; I guess he wouldn't have any trouble getting criminals to confess.

Mom and Uncle Risk helped him hang his tenth painting in the Museum.

Finally the moment came. Grandma fixed him a batch of ambrosia and made sure that he ate every single bite. Way to go, Dad! From now on, I'll be the one in the hot seat.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- June 27)
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2015, 09:05:58 AM »
Yay! Congrats on the second immortal! I feel bad for the poor young adults. No privacy in a dynasty house!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2015, 10:42:35 AM »
Well done, Pinochle! What a relief...

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2015, 03:35:17 PM »
Thanks, Tixxis and Francesca! I realized that getting an immortal ready for the first ambrosia feels a lot like writing a paper the night before it's due in a class -- that same panicky feeling that time will run out before you're finished.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2015, 05:12:34 PM »
How astute an analogy! That's exactly how it felt.
Cribbage... he looks really slim, doesn't he? Such a nice fellow.
He and Marlene remind me of Fred and Ginger somehow.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2015, 05:47:57 PM »
Cribbage... he looks really slim, doesn't he? Such a nice fellow.
He and Marlene remind me of Fred and Ginger somehow.

It's the fedora.

anything