Author Topic: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- October 6)  (Read 36627 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- June 27)
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2015, 06:39:36 PM »
Part Three – Cribbage Melapis

Chapter 1 – A Sad Day

No sooner had we "launched" Dad as an Immortal, than Uncle Risk began to feel faint.

I didn't realize what was going on at first. I had intended to do some flirting with Marlene before going off to work. It wasn't until I saw her sobbing that I figured out Uncle Risk had done more than just faint.

And then Grim came and made it official.

Here's the portrait Dad painted of Uncle Risk in happier times.

And I suppose this is a good place to show the portrait that Dad painted of Chess.

She was mostly concentrating on the computer during all of this. I think what happens there is more real to her than what's going on in our world.

Before leaving, Grim took a moment to remind Grandma that she had better keep up with her ambrosia or he'd be coming for her next. She just laughed at him.

We've all been sad, but Marlene has been really sad. "I was just getting to know him and now he's gone," she sniffed. Dad and Grandma tried to console her, but there wasn't much they could say.

Even when she was sad, Marlene was still beautiful.

I tried to tell her that, but she told me she wasn't ready to hear any compliments.

So I concentrated on work for a while. I really love my job. Every day, there's some new piece of equipment I get to work on. First of all, there's the analyzer, which enables me to get elements (a necessity since the post office is on strike and will only deliver bills). Then there's the chemistry lab, where I can make serums.

I think the invention constructor is going to become my favorite. I can even become friends with it.

And finally, there's the rocket ship. I opened one wooden crate, about the size of a microwave and boom! A whole rocket appeared. It's like those self-inflating airbeds, only it's made out of metal. I'd love to figure out how they packed it all in that box.

And finally, when I've done all my tasks for the day, I can go fishing. How cool is that?

One evening when I got home, I managed to persuade Marlene to go on a date with me.

We went to the park, where I put my arm around her. Not very original, I know.

When we got home, I suggested that we soak in the hot tub for a few minutes, just to wind down. I told her that even though she's beautiful with her new hair style, I really like the old way, too, with her cathode and anode knobs.

The next thing I knew, she had submerged and was beckoning to me with her finger.

I thought she was just going to tickle me, but...well...all I can say is that we made that hot tub boil.

The next morning she slipped into the bathroom while I was eating breakfast.

She had some surprising news for me – wonderful news, of course, but surprising. I don't know if I'm ready to become a dad yet, but I guess I've got a little time to prepare.

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2015, 06:46:56 PM »
She was mostly concentrating on the computer during all of this. I think what happens there is more real to her than what's going on in our world.

I think I can relate to that. :)
Racy boxer shorts, Cribbage!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2015, 10:13:22 AM »
Nice chapter! I, too, would love to know how they get that giant rocket ship in those small boxes. Very mysterious. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2015, 11:57:55 AM »
Can hardly wait to see the nooboo.  Great chapter.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2015, 08:57:29 PM »
@Tixxis, I can relate, too. I wish I could do more with Chess, but I really have to concentrate on the heir and make sure my Immortals stay alive.
@Joria, Nooboo coming up!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2015, 11:11:03 PM »
Congratulations Pinochle! That must have been a close call!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2015, 08:35:08 AM »
Chapter 2 – And a Few Happy Ones

When I got up Saturday morning, I saw that Grandma had already baked a cake. I knew it was Mom's birthday, so that wasn't too surprising, but...

"It's a wedding cake," I blurted.

"Yes," said Grandma. "You and Marlene are getting married this evening, but I wanted Marlene's grandmother to see it in case she couldn't come to the ceremony."

Perhaps I should mention here that we've never figured out the whys and wherefores of ghost behavior. To give one example, you'd think that J would show up for his daughter's birthday, but no, Zoe was the only ghost to see her blow out the candles.

Grandma and I toasted Mom. She made it to Regional Manager at work, and then decided to go into the Culinary profession. She's working on the Renaissance Sim aspiration.

After the birthday party, I took Marlene to Sylvan Glade for some privacy. I told her it was the only place I knew that was as beautiful as she was.

I was a little worried that she might turn me down. Sure, she accepted the ring and admired it, but there was always the chance that she might say no.

Marlene made it pretty clear, though, that it was a yes.

Back at home, we both tried to get some rest for a couple of hours. We wanted the wedding to be at night so that Uncle Risk and Marlene's grandparents could come. Finally, I called the wedding planner, and Grandma set out the cake,

Marlene looked marvelous in red. Uncle Risk had told her not to wear white – it was the color of death in his family's culture, and red was the color for good luck. But she would have looked marvelous in anything.

Grandma and Dad were the two main witnesses for our vows.

At last we were officially married.

I cut the cake and shared the first piece with Marlene. After a diet of strawberries – even chocolate-covered ones, she was ready for something more substantial.

Sunday we mostly slept. I went fishing and caught my first angelfish. Since I'll have access to the Forgotten Grotto, I'm going to work on the Angling Ace aspiration in addition to The Curator.

Although Uncle Risk couldn't come to the wedding, he did get a chance to congratulate his daughter on her marriage and pregnancy.

The next day I went to work, and when I came home, there was a surprise waiting for me.

Her name is Canasta, and she is just perfect.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- June 29)
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2015, 08:44:53 AM »
Aww I just love a wedding.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2015, 10:29:21 AM »
So nice you had two witnesses sitting down for the ceremony.
I love how your ghosts re-appear to give their good luck wishes.

Offline Nancy01905

• Somewhere in Space
  • Townie
  • Sims, and Doctor Who rocks!!!!
    • Creations Haven
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2015, 08:49:08 PM »
I total love the wedding and I love the name for her child as well

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2015, 05:33:35 PM »
Canasta.  What a great name.  She's going to be a lovely lady.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2015, 06:28:31 AM »
So many updates, didn't know you were playing this again. Congrats Pinochle, that was too close. Marlene is utterly gorgeous, she and Cribbage make a cute couple. Congratulations on the wedding and nooboo.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2015, 02:14:41 PM »
Chapter 3 – Ghosts and Elders

Dad assumed the role of grandfather and chief cuddler in two seconds flat.

Oddly enough, Uncle Risk wasn't far behind him.

He even stuck around long enough to give Canasta a bottle. I guess it's no stranger that a ghost should be able to hold a bottle than a baby.

But the expert on diapering babies was Grandma.

Becoming a parent yourself means that everyone from an earlier generation wants to talk to you about the best way to bring up a child. Luckily, they're also willing to listen. I had a long talk with Mom.

And Marlene got some advice from her grandmother Zoe.

As they like to remind us "young'uns," though, being old isn't just about giving advice and taking care of babies. Ghosts gotta dance...

...and elders gotta relax. Grandma is looking forward to the spa that's supposed to be coming to town soon.

And while they say that being old isn't always a bowl of cherries, it sure beats the alternative. We said good-bye to Doreen at work the other day.

I'm really glad that Dad is able to eat ambrosia; I just wish that Mom could, too.

Dad finished his portraits of me and Marlene the other day. He hung mine in the Museum, but it won't count towards the worth of its contents.

Marlene's is in the master bedroom with Mom's.

Finally, the day came when our infant princess became a little girl.

Canasta has definite ideas about her likes and dislikes. Her favorite color is pink, so we gave the nursery a makeover.

And she wants to be an astronaut when she grows up, so she's working on the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration. "I don't want all this hair flopping around," she said. Marlene fixed  up her hair so that it was out of her eyes, but stylish.

Canasta tested her new hair style on the monkey bars (pink, of course) and pronounced herself satisfied.

She likes the space ship, too, but has more fun on the pirate ship because there are other kids to play with.

It's hard to believe that she's halfway to being a teen already. I think I'm beginning to feel kind of old.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- July 1)
« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2015, 03:34:39 PM »
Canasta is such a pretty child. It's lovely seeing all the ghosts still around.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- July 1)
« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2015, 03:37:01 PM »
Not all the ghosts are around. Gavin, Mitch, and J are no longer showing up; they're even gone from the family tree. I expect Zoe to leave soon, too.

anything