Author Topic: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- October 6)  (Read 36593 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- July 6)
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2015, 03:24:34 PM »
Canasta is so beautiful, and pink is definitely her color.  I had missed Kacie's death.  So sad.  I just wanted to hug little Canasta. 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2015, 09:44:31 AM »
Great updates, sorry I missed so many!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2015, 02:13:35 PM »
Chapter 6 – More Fish

I didn't do justice to the Forgotten Grotto on my first trip there, so I took more pictures when I returned.

Unfortunately, all I got were pictures. I couldn't catch an anglerfish or sturgeon, and the digsites didn't contain either amethyst or death metal, the only crystal and metal I was lacking. I got another pretty picture of Sylvan Glade.

And one of Magnolia Promenade when I went there to fish, but no betta or tilapia at either site.

Needless to say, I was feeling pretty discouraged. Canasta took note of this when I was helping her with her geography homework – not math, she's great at math, but history and geography are hard for her. "Sunset Valley was settled before Riverview," I reminded her. "It's where the Goths came from."

"I think you should take up yoga," Canasta told me. "It would really help with your stress."

Did I mention that Canasta has been practicing yoga? She's started talking about chakras, too, and centering.

"What would help with my stress is catching a betta fish," I said. "Also finding an amethyst or some death metal. And while I don't mind your exploring inner space, don't forget that you need to get high scores in fitness to become an astronaut."

Canasta promised to work out on the treadmill if I would think about trying yoga. She kept her word...

...but I really didn't have time for yoga because I was too busy trying to catch those last, two, special fish. My sister Chess took up meditation, however.

She started telling me about it when she and Dad and I were having lunch together. (Canasta won't eat hot dogs anymore – she says they're full of toxins.)

"As you develop, you can start levitating," she said, "and even teleporting. You'd like that, Cribbage, you could go straight to the Forgotten Grotto without having to pass through the park in Oasis Springs."

So I decided to give yoga a try. Canasta showed me a mind concentrating routine that would help me become focused.

I got focused all right – on the pain in my back.

But maybe there was something in it. That evening I caught a betta fish, out behind the Museum, where Canasta's yoga teacher Joria had said they would be.

And the next day I found some death metal after shooing some tourists away by changing them into their formal clothing. For some reason they didn't want to sit at the picnic table when they were wearing sequins and glitter.

I got promoted at work, too, and now have to get only one more promotion to reach the top.

Last, but by no means least, Marlene enjoyed the new suave kiss that I came up with.

Coincidence? Or have I attained a higher level of consciousness? I don't know. Canasta also talked me into stocking an aquarium so that we could relax by watching the fish.

Grandma, in particular, likes to spend time looking at the fish. It's definitely better than her mixing drinks all day or talking to the plants, which was what she did before.

I don't know whether I'm willing to give up hot dogs, but some of this New Age stuff is all right, I guess.

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- July 24)
« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2015, 02:33:18 PM »
Silly, Canasta.  Did you forget you could get organic hot dogs made with non-GMO, free range, grass fed and pasture finished beef and pork?  I'm really happy that betta fish was caught.  You can get tons of angelfish there as well.  Oh, have you tried stocking an aquarium with angelfish?  Love this update.  The yoga shots were a riot.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2015, 04:57:20 AM »
"I got focused all right – on the pain in my back."

I feel your pain but so funny xD Loving that everyone gets involved with yoga, I've had to lock the door so the spares aren't allowed to do it.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2015, 08:20:53 AM »
Do you think fish can breed in an aquarium, Marian? Like in TS3?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2015, 08:42:19 AM »
@Joria, Your tip about the betta fish was really helpful. And if you're looking for tilapia, I've found the spot behind the gym in Oasis Springs to be pretty reliable.
@Nettlejuice, Poor spares -- don't you want them to reach enlightenment? Actually, I've found the aquarium to be a bigger draw. Even the ghosts want to watch the fish.
@Tixxis, I'll probably put two angelfish in and see if anything happens, but my guess is that they won't breed. Would be nice if they did, though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

hazysmith

« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2015, 02:12:36 PM »
Loved all the screenshots. I agree with Canasta re the hot dogs, nothing but baaaaaad stuff in them! The yoga pictures were fab too, I am loving the Wellness skill - its really fired up my interest in the game again.

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #113 on: July 26, 2015, 10:40:41 AM »
Loved the update especially the part about yoga.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2015, 10:16:02 AM »
Chapter 7 – Party Time

Let's see – collection of 10 metals? Check.

Logic skill maxed? Check.

What else did I have to do this weekend? Well, my outfit in the above picture should give you a clue. Parties.

My first attempt at an incognito party was a disaster. Well, not a disaster – I got a silver medal, but that wasn't good enough. The problem was that we tried having the incognito party after I got only a silver medal on the house party. And the problem with that was trying to get people to be flirty.

Marlene had made a Cupid's Delight drink, but only one. Making it made her feel confident rather than flirty.

And Chess drank my Rose Perfume but decided that she'd rather work on her mobile app than flirt with my co-worker Emory.

Anyway, I decided on Sunday to go for a dinner party instead of the house party. That went really well – we got to gold with time to spare.

So we went for the Incognito party again. This time it was just the family. And even though Canasta spent most of her time reading instead of complimenting people on their costumes, we got gold this time.

Grandma was a big help, whipping up cakes with her usual gusto.

Anyway, five gold medal parties – Check.

I should get a promotion at work either tomorrow or the next day. I've upgraded the satellite now so that it can detect aliens.

I always knew that Emory was an alien, but it turned out that Rigoberto was, too.

Once I've made five more good friends (I'm already good friends with the Invention Constructor), I'll be able to join Grandma when she has ambrosia. She's 181 now.

Oh, and I have to become an elder, too, but I have a birthday coming up.

Canasta has been bugging me, asking me to show her yoga poses. I suggested that she wait until she's really good, but her lower lip began to quiver, and she said, "You don't think I'm good at yoga?" So here they are:

The Opening Lotus

The Wind-Blown Tree

The Bent Triangle

Building the Bridge over Troubled Waters

The Bridge under Troubled Waters

The Row Boat

The "What goes up"

The "Must come down"

The Tanning

Canasta has been making good progress on her Nerd Brain aspiration, too. She's been working on logic while I was at work, and also playing chess with her grandfather.

And she spent the weekend reading, despite the distraction of my parties.

I promised to buy her a rocket ship kit if she graduated from high school with an A. Looks like that's a promise I'll have to keep.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- July 29)
« Reply #115 on: July 29, 2015, 10:25:52 AM »
The yoga demonstration was great  ;) Parties are still tricky, sometimes I'm surprised some are golds when others have been silver, congrats on completing them all.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #116 on: July 29, 2015, 11:54:01 AM »
Wow! Bezique is 181 years old!
I've only now noticed that you keep an 'age at ambrosia' record.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #117 on: July 29, 2015, 12:05:53 PM »
@Tixxis, That's not really how old she is. When she became an elder, the game gave her an age of 100. But yes, she's lived 81 days beyond that.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #118 on: July 29, 2015, 12:17:05 PM »
@Tixxis, That's not really how old she is. When she became an elder, the game gave her an age of 100. But yes, she's lived 81 days beyond that.

Oh! Thank you for explaining that. I looked again at your age records on page one. I now understand the differences between Bezique and Pinochle. Strange how the game assigns a random number. If it was the other way round, Bezique at 78 for first ambrosia and Pinochle at 100 for first ambrosia, they would be closer in age now.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #119 on: July 29, 2015, 03:40:20 PM »
Great update.  Congrats on the gold medal parties and the yoga!  I love Canasta's clothes.

----------
My No Buy Story

anything