Author Topic: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- October 6)  (Read 36591 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- September 30)
« Reply #150 on: September 30, 2015, 03:40:18 PM »
There are still homeless people. The costumes aren't cc; they came with the Spooky Stuff Pack.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #151 on: September 30, 2015, 05:27:19 PM »
Loved the pumpkin layout! Grandad Cribbage set them up so that the scared pumpkin was looking at the wicked one and the owl and the pussycat were together. Great screen shot and very funny!

If you keep visiting Sixam and other community lots it should force the game to spawn more sims. I had that problem in my first dynasty attempt but after lot-hopping for a bit there was significantly more townie sims around. Fingers crossed you find a 'perfect' spouse.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #152 on: October 01, 2015, 05:01:15 PM »
Chapter 8 – A Special Place

After I finished writing my first screenplay, Angelfish on a Hot Tin Roof, I decided to go to the library and catch up on my reading. Given that I was going nowhere in the romance department, finding a good book seemed like the best thing I could do. But a good book wasn't all that I found.

Isn't he gorgeous? That sweater and tie with a green mohawk – fantastic! It turned out he was the new librarian – Ross Stiles. A young adult, a bookworm, and single. I was in love, and I wanted to make sure he was, too, so I shot him with my little bow and told him I was a genie.

As a genie, I had the power to grant 3 wishes, I said. What was his first wish? To go on a date with me, he answered. So we went over to the museum.

His second wish was that I would read him one of my poems (I'd kind of let drop the fact that I'd written some poetry).

And his third wish was that I would kiss him. Granted!

By then we were pretty good friends, so when our date ended (a gold date, one requirement completed), I asked him to move in with us. I found out that Ross was neat (useful) and had the aspiration to become an Angling Ace (Grandma would be so pleased!) and was also noncommittal (oh dear). Maybe I should have told him that he wouldn't be able to move out again. But he was very happy to get the chance to learn how to fish, so I thought I'd wait a bit longer before mentioning it.

My job wasn't due to start until Sunday and I'd completed all my requirements for a promotion, so when we'd rested again, I asked him out on another date. We went to the lounge, where I read him another poem.

We took a picture of ourselves together.

And then Ross kissed me passionately. I was very surprised, but I definitely liked it.

Right after that, he proposed...

...and I turned him down.

Why??? he asked. Wasn't he supposed to propose? Because the circumstances were all wrong, I answered. Number one, I was dressed in gym shorts, and he was dressed in whatever. Number two, we were in a place filled with people. Number three, I wanted us to have a special place, and this wasn't it. Okay, okay, he said, he got it.

We went home, and I was so cross that I went to bed. Alone.

A little after midnight, Ross woke me up. He'd found a special place for us. Did I want to go there with him?  But I have to be at work at 9, I complained. Suit yourself, he said. I'm just sorry I went to all this trouble packing. I noticed he had a suitcase. This looked intriguing.

He took me to a place that was very dark. As soon as we got there, he said we had to get into our formal clothes. You look beautiful, he told me, as soon as he'd lit the lantern.

But where are we? I asked.
The old mine, he said. I got directions from your grandfather. I'm starting to feel kind of tense, he continued. Do you think you could shoot me again with that bow and arrow?

As soon as I shot him...

And then Ross proposed again.

It wasn't quite the place I would have chosen, but we were certainly dressed up, and there wasn't anyone else around. And maybe the sound of water dripping is romantic – it certainly emphasizes the silence. Anyway, I made it clear that the answer was yes.

Later that day, after I finished work, he and I decided to check out the Observatory. Grandad Pinochle and Grandma started laughing at us. What? I said. We just want to find out if you really can see the stars during the day from inside. They just laughed some more.

The next morning, I had some news for Ross...

Incidentally, Mom's making good progress. She joined the Planet Patrol, and she has 8 space rocks now.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- October 1)
« Reply #153 on: October 02, 2015, 05:01:23 PM »
Oh my goodness! I had just taken a sip of my morning coffee when I read the book title... angelfish on a hot tin roof rofl  ;D This was such a great chapter. I bet you must have been so surprised when the first proposal was rejected! And then Ross asking to be shot with 'the little arrow again! lol. And yay! Another little heir on the way.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #154 on: October 02, 2015, 05:28:46 PM »
The course of true love never did run smooth...Yes, surprised and dismayed because Ross had already moved in, and there wasn't any room for Euchre to change her mind. As for the screenplay titles -- be warned, do not read the next couple of chapters with a mouth full of coffee. Once Euchre finishes her collection, it should be safe.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #155 on: October 03, 2015, 05:43:27 PM »
From "She who is learning to love brown clothing", ROFLMBO.  Angelfish on a Hot Tin Roof.  Too much.  Thanks for the warning.  I will either wear a bib in future of keep the coffee on the table.  (still chuckling)
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #156 on: October 03, 2015, 06:57:22 PM »
Haha, Joria, just tell people you're giving your clothes the camouflage look!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #157 on: October 04, 2015, 01:55:47 PM »
Chapter 9 – A Birth, A Birthday, and a Wedding

I'm making good progress with screenplays, having written A Sim for All Seasons, A Comedy of Error Messages, The Pumpkin Menagerie, and Where the Toddlers Are. I'm currently working on Ambrosia and Old Lace.

I had the strangest feeling, while giving birth, that someone was photographing me. "No pictures!" I shouted. I guess I was a little out of it, because obviously no one was there.

It was all over pretty quickly, and I had a beautiful baby girl. We named her Picquet.

Dad was happy that she was carrying on his alien heritage.

The next big event was Mom's promotion to Sheriff. She's at level 9 of the Astronaut career and she's maxed logic, rocket science, and fitness.

It's good that she's so far along because she just had her elder birthday.

She wants to get the Renaissance Sim aspiration, too, so she's working on wellness, handiness, and charisma. Pumpkin carving helps her pick up handiness points. We've been putting the pumpkins around the house, but we haven't seen any ghosts since our spooky party, which is kind of disappointing.

We delayed having the wedding until Friday, which was a day that neither Mom nor I had to work. Ross prepared a speech: "Picquet, even though I tend to be noncommittal, I have to say that it's more exciting living with you than it would be seeing ten other women..."

I kissed him before he could say anymore.

And then I gave him his ring. "Whoa, that's worth a few angelfish!" he exclaimed.

We kissed again while the confetti fell around us, and then we were officially married.

Even though Grandma had to feed Picquet during the ceremony, we still managed to get another gold medal.

One thing that Ross promised me was that he'd work out more. His hips seem to be wider than his shoulders, so he's been lifting weights.

Grandad Pinochle painted Ross's portrait to hang with the other spouses.

And then he painted mine.

Grandma's been acting a little weird lately. She decided she didn't want to be the only green person in the family, so she made an unusual batch of ice cream. Grandad Pinochle was the first to try it.

Mom got a bowl of the stuff, too.

It wasn't long before Picquet outgrew her bassinet. She loves it when people read to her.

She likes playing chess, too.

Our last bit of excitement was that Grandad Cribbage got abducted. It's hard to believe that he was in that tiny dot up in the sky. We have a full house at the moment so don't have to worry about alien abductions, but we'll have to monitor the satellite dish soon. We don't want to have to send any more babies back.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- October 4)
« Reply #158 on: October 04, 2015, 03:21:53 PM »
I tried clicking on the book titles, *face palm* I almost expected a link on 'Where The Toddlers Are' .... to explain where they are!!!
Lol, Ross' wedding vows!!  ;D Good thing Picquet kissed him to shut him up!  It will be interesting to see of working out changes Ross' body shape any. I have to admit to never having played a sim with that shape as I tend do *cough* delete them out of my fun games.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- October 4)
« Reply #159 on: October 06, 2015, 09:47:05 AM »
Chapter 10 – Fourth Ambrosia

We had a big scare yesterday. Picquet decided that she was bored playing Arithmetic Attack and went upstairs to play chess instead.

On her way, she encountered a pumpkin that had gone bad. Naturally, she stopped to stomp on it.

Unfortunately, the pumpkin had a lit candle inside and Picquet caught fire.

Grandma came to the rescue before Ross or I could reach her. The poor thing had to take a shower because she was so singed, but that was the only damage done. It made a big impression on Picquet, though. She's never going to stomp on a pumpkin again – that goes without saying – but she has also decided to become a doctor so she can help children who've hurt themselves.

Mom provided the rest of our excitement. She got her final promotion to Space Ranger. (Yay, Mom!) When she came home, she applied for a job as an athlete – and started at level 3. The Renaissance Sim aspiration didn't recognize that, however. Since her job wouldn't start the next day, Mom applied for a job as a secret agent instead. This time, the Renaissance Sim aspiration did give her credit. She applied next for a tech guru job and completed the job segment of the aspiration. She still needed to get to level 8 of handiness and charisma. She went to the gym to make some good friends, and while she was there, one of the showers upstairs broke. She went up to fix it and got a good laugh when she noticed that Grim was taking a shower. Apparently he has the Never Nude trait.

With her six good friends (Hollie Bush became her BFF), all Mom had to do was place her 10 space rocks in the Museum. There almost wasn't enough room for the unnaturally large ones.

Since we are now the only family living in Willow Creek or Oasis Springs, Mom decided to have her ambrosia right away in case any of her new friends were culled. It was nearly time for Grandad Cribbage's ambrosia, so Grandma made a double batch for them.

Now it's all up to me to keep the Dynasty going. Gulp.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- October 6)
« Reply #160 on: October 06, 2015, 05:14:05 PM »
Congrats on another immortal! Woo ;D

anything