Author Topic: Bills  (Read 54531 times)

Offline Ijzabela

• Llama Wrangler
Bills
« on: December 22, 2014, 08:17:47 AM »
I have two questions regarding bills, and I hope it's okay to have them in the same thread, as they are so closely related.

My first question is how often do you get bills? I have been unable to see a pattern in how often they appear, since it's not very often. Is it totally random, or do you get bills every x day or so?

My second question is what decides how "big" the bills are? I haven't noticed that the bills get more expensive with a higher salary, it rather seems like it has to do with the value of your property, but have anyone found the "formula" of it, if you know what I mean? I'm guessing it might be a certain percent of your property value, but I have nothing to prove this with, so would be interesting to know.

It would help a lot with money management if I knew this! Thanks in advance

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
Re: Bills
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 08:58:22 AM »
I'm just going to include here the fact that I think the lights factor into bills and electricity use, I think. Which is why autolights is a useful function since the open lights are needed, then turned off when not used.

I can't be of much help about the bills schedule since I also thought that it was a once a week deal, and I'm just not paying attention.
“With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.”

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline DarkWalker

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 12:38:48 PM »
If I got the tuning and script files correctly:

- Bills are supposed to be delivered Monday, 5am, every week.
- Bills are a percentage of the billable household value, defined as the value of the furnished lot, plus everything in the household inventory and everything in the inventory of every household sim; it explicitly excludes the household funds. The percentage is 2% for the first §20K of value, then 3% for what exceeds that up to §30K, then 3.5% to §50K, and 5% of anything above that.
(As an example, a §100K value household will pay 2% of the first §20K, then 3% of the next §10K, 3.5% of the next §20K, and 5% of the remaining §50K, for a grand total of §3900.)
- The Frugal trait reduces the bills by 25%.
- If the bill goes unpaid the sim gets the electricity turned off, and then the water turned off, apparently with 48 hours between cutting the electricity and the water.

Offline Ijzabela

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 01:26:42 PM »
Thank you so much for your answers! This will help me a lot :)

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 02:48:07 PM »
I haven't  forgotten to pay bills in any game so far, but I like the idea of getting electricity/water turned off. It makes it more realistic and a lot better than the repoman randomly coming and taking something. (I hated the repoman... *shudder*)