Author Topic: That's Quite an Achievement!  (Read 39007 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
That's Quite an Achievement!
« on: January 29, 2015, 06:16:01 AM »
That's Quite an Achievement!

Goal
Game developers know how fun it is for players to be rewarded with achievements, so we're tossing you a simple challenge where your single Sim tries to rack up as many achievement points as they can by the time they turn Adult.

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create 1 Young Adult Sim.
  • No household additions and no moving.
  • The Outdoor Retreat GamePack is allowed for this event.
  • No life extension methods allowed.
  • If your Sim dies then you are done with the challenge. Post in this thread that you are DNF.
  • The team is requiring all participants to write down all achievements and their value to make sure everything adds up if questions arise.
  • This challenge concludes when your Sim ages up to Adult.

Scoring

Achievement Points — When your Sim ages up to Adult, immediately pause your game and go to Options > Achievements and note your total score accumulated. Please take a screenshot indicating the amount in case the challenge team needs verification. Do not include the screenshot when you post your score in this thread.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we reserve the right to ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
Please think hard before you ask in the challenge thread because it may be strategy. What you may consider an innocent question could cause another player to go — “oh, I did not think of doing that.” It’s always safer to PM everyone on the team (Metro, ratchie, Nutella, LenaLJ, Trip, and Blackrosea) for clarifications. Thanks.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, but the winner especially is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Achievement Points       
ClayMask1520
LenaLJ1505
christinal31061135
Nikitachi1075
Makenziegma1060
Ginj860
MissZoef810
alyssa.cole795
callycat705
HelenP655
december22620
mayayeti72615
IronicBeauty585
Metropolis Man580
CynKuy545
Noshien535
krzyman21435
MarianT435
KTK10430
agamble410
WriterJunkie385
Nettlejuice385
smastbrook385
kirkbysims370
fluffyj00370
oshizu350
thefaeriesgirl310
sugrnspic2b310
white_crane290
sdhoey285
Ravencloud999285
Shewolf13285
PSDuckie260
KayBear210
Alexandra88185
rrturley110
DeklitchDNF
MischaMusicDNF

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Re: That's Quite an Achievement!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 06:59:03 AM »
The possibilities are endless!  I'll have to think hard about where to start on this one.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 09:47:03 AM »
The possibilities are endless!  I'll have to think hard about where to start on this one.
Did I write somewhere, that it is really good to have you back? Its a blast playing against you.

This one most be my new favourite, I simply adore challenges and achievements :D

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 09:57:37 AM »
Did I write somewhere, that it is really good to have you back? Its a blast playing against you.
It made me very happy to read this.  I enjoy playing against you, too.  I'm always wondering if my score is good enough to beat yours.  It's a real challenge to be able to do well enough.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 10:03:48 AM »
NOTE:

There are a few aspirations out there with the premature completion bug.  The game will complete one of the requirement for you, even if you clearly hasn't reach the goal yet.  If this happens to you in your game, you can't count the aspiration as complete until you actually finish the requirement (keep track manually).

Offline sugrnspic2b

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 12:15:13 PM »
Can we use a single sim already made and used for another challenge? Of course it would be a new game, just the attributes. Or does it have to be a brand new fresh sim? Thanks for the info.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 12:20:25 PM »
You can use the sim as long as you satisfy the following:

1) Age must be at 20 young adult.
2) Must not have any skills already.
3) Must only have 4 traits (1 from aspiration choice and 3 personal choice)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline december22

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 01:27:11 PM »
I think I'm really going to struggle with this one. So many possibilities and racking up aspiration points is a skill I have yet to master  :(

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 01:55:12 PM »
I think I'm really going to struggle with this one. So many possibilities and racking up aspiration points is a skill I have yet to master  :(
You actually want to get achievement points for this one.  Maybe you already knew that, but if not you wouldn't want to make that mistake.

Offline december22

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 03:34:00 PM »
You actually want to get achievement points for this one.  Maybe you already knew that, but if not you wouldn't want to make that mistake.

Thanks for that ClayMask. That's what I get for skim reading! I get way too excited for my own good  :o

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 03:38:36 PM »
Thank you for clarifying that, ClayMask. Yeah there are many concepts in the game - Satisfaction, Aspirations, Whims, Achievements, etc. This event is all about obtaining Achievement points which are found in the Options menu in Live Mode.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 03:55:22 PM »
No problem.  I have a couple of questions. 

1.  Should we count the older and wiser achievement for aging up for their adult birthday, or would that be considered to happen after the end of the challenge?

2.  I know that last I heard, a few of the achievements were bugged.  Should I list any relevant ones here that I've heard of as being bugged?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 04:32:18 PM »
No problem.  I have a couple of questions. 

1.  Should we count the older and wiser achievement for aging up for their adult birthday, or would that be considered to happen after the end of the challenge?

If it's a question of aging up and then ...bam...you get it, then I guess everyone can count it lol.

2.  I know that last I heard, a few of the achievements were bugged.  Should I list any relevant ones here that I've heard of as being bugged?

First please test and verify on your own that they are indeed bugged and then we can make a list in the rules.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2015, 04:13:12 AM »
I know it was true before that achievements from other games didn't carry through to your new games, but now it seems like the achievements and their points do.  Is there a workaround for this that you want to use?

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2015, 04:42:21 AM »
I know it was true before that achievements from other games didn't carry through to your new games, but now it seems like the achievements and their points do.  Is there a workaround for this that you want to use?

I looked at a few test files I have done recently and they all started with a clean slate. The test file I was working on now, I did the achievement "All Nighter" and it showed 25 points as my total like it should. I do not have the new game pack, so I do not know if this might be a reason it is not showing up properly for you..