Author Topic: Re-Enchanted: An Immortal Dynasty (Failed)  (Read 25458 times)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Re-Enchanted: An Immortal Dynasty (18/04/15)
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2015, 02:59:17 PM »
Chapter Fourteen: Fear

Hello again!

My first time at the dentist wasn't as scary as you implied and since I was being such a good girl I asked Daddy for some new toys.

Instead, he made plans with Mummy so that the three of us could spend our Easter holiday in Granite Falls! We rented the really expensive cabin and I got a room filled with toys and cuddly bunnies and cat décor.

Me and Daddy played horseshoes and he applauded me even when I couldn't hit the thingamajig.

Mummy's training up for her next mission. I can't believe she has to go away again just when I get her back! Her boss must be really evil.

I was too busy thinking of who else to blame that I missed the next rung of the monkey bar and fell down.

My poor baby. Why don't you give it a try later?

I shook my head. I'm scared.

It's OK to be scared, do you know why? It just means you're one step closer to being brave. Let's have Daddy demonstrate.

Mitch, honey, you're afraid of frogs, right?

Daddy has a confused look on his face and then his mouth forms into an O. Yeah, they're... really slimy?

Argh!

Mitch, behave.

Daddy brings out a frog with spots and leaf-like designs across it's back. A Spotted Leaf Frog. Looking at it up close, I can see just how delicate it looks and so pretty. Why would Daddy be scared of something that small and harmless?

A frogs tiny, there's other things out there.

Mummy takes my hand and says we're going for a walk. We don't get very far when I start feeling tense and realise there's a bear right beside me!

Say hello to the lovely bear, Star.

Nnn!

Hey there, little girl, would you like to join the Teddy Bear Picnic?

Mummy...

You kids today are so ungrateful! Can't a guy have a break from running after snotty nosed brats when he's trying to live a life of peace?

The air suddenly got cold and Mummy narrowed her eyes at the bear.

Star, can you see our cabin from here?

Yup.

OK, why don't you walk towards it? And if you hear strange noises don't look back, promise?

I promised and slowly turned away from them. I wonder why she doesn't want me to look back?

I heard thumping and what sounded like a muffled 'oof!' and hurried towards the path leading home.

I was surprised to see my Great Granny was enjoying a break away from work to celebrate the holiday and I told her all about the bear and then we started talking about picnics and the bakery. Summer loves to cook but she's always at work and too tired when she gets back home. I hope she'll visit the bakery, we both enthused about our love of sweets and chocolate.

Uncle Mal! What are you doing here?

Uh... Shh, don't tell your parents but I invited Cassie and well... that's none of your business!

What do you think Uncle Mal's scared of?

Lots of love,

Star K Chant.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: Re-Enchanted: An Immortal Dynasty (22/04/15)
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2015, 03:04:58 PM »
That's one bear that won't be going a picnic anytime soon!! Lol

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2015, 03:09:24 PM »
@sdhoey Haha! Kessy's been regularly fighting her enemies but they weren't story worthy. The last thing I expected on her holiday was the bear to turn up and harass her daughter. He had to be taught a lesson   ::)

Offline SFL

• SFL= Sims+For+Life
  • Townie
« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2015, 04:59:06 PM »
And I use to think bears were cute and cuddly... :'(
Cake + Sims=Amazing

It is no joke that eating cake and playing sims is true awesomeness.
Stories:
Summers Legacy *Ongoing*
The Starlivs Return *Ongoing*
Starliv Immortal Dynasty *Graveyard*

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2015, 11:40:31 PM »
The screenshot of her giving the bear a 'muffled oof' is hilarious! I'm still giggling over it. I think it's 'cos it looks like she's giving the bear a black eye LOL.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2015, 09:48:24 AM »
@SFL He was supposed to be but I guess he was channelling the bear from my old dynasty and decided to be a jerk  :P

@Playalot Oooh, I didn't see it like that. A black eye and broken tail for sure, lol.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2015, 09:52:16 AM »
Chapter Fifteen: Angry Mum

Dear Nettie,

I've been hearing a lot about this bakery in town from Mitch and especially Star. Looking at her you wouldn't think she could eat a dozen cupcakes without gaining any weight.

I'm pleased she's making friends with kids around the neighbourhood but it seems the bakery, Sweet Treat, has become their hangout and the old lady who runs it has exorbitant  price tags.

When Star came home from school one afternoon I sat with her.

Your teacher called today. He says you haven't handed in homework for the past few days, and a few other kids have been the same.

She slouched and started pouting her lips and giving me puppy dog eyes. It works on the rest of the family, not me. I meant to do it but there's no time. Mrs Berry showed us how to make mini doughnuts today.

Mrs Berry? Star, it's lovely that you like her and her baking however you need to think about schoolwork too. When you start looking for a job there are certain qualifications employers look for in their candidates. You're a smart girl, you shouldn't be wasting all your pocket money on expensive treats.

Mrs Berry didn't finish secondary school, she just went to work in a shop. I can do that too.

Star!

She burst into tears and ran off before I could catch her. She woke her father, angrily recounting what had happened.

Baby, you need to do your homework on time. There are plenty of us here to help you if you want and when you're done you can go play with your friends. Or visit Mrs Berry.

Just between you and me, if you opened up your own bakery I'd be in there all the time. Give your old Dad a big hug.

Did I make Mummy angry?

No, she's just wants this Dynasty of ours to be a success and that means goals have to be met.

Star completed her homework on time with her Dad's help. I don't think she has fully forgiven me and it really upset me to leave her when my next assignment pulled me away from home for a few weeks.

I hope we can make up when I return.

Love, Kessy H Chant.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: Re-Enchanted: An Immortal Dynasty (23/04/15)
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2015, 10:39:48 AM »
Poor Kessy and Star.. I'm hoping that they will be fine! I really do love all the great shots of the bakery, so gorgeous

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2015, 12:49:37 PM »
 :-[ Poor thing. I hated to do my homework too

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2015, 04:49:36 PM »
@KTK10 Thanks a lot, I have fun creating the set up and it keeps me motivated. They'll make up soon enough  ;)

@sdhoey Me too, even as an adult I sometimes get 'homework', lol.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2015, 05:24:09 PM »
Ok, that's not nice!  Now I have that blasted song, "Teddy Bear's Picnic" running through my head!  lol  I am loving the patterns you are using and am I spotting some TS3 items as CC? 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2015, 05:42:24 AM »
I'm loving this story. I'll have to let my families vacation in Granite Falls to see what kind of trouble they can get into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2015, 06:10:29 AM »
@Joria Oopsie xD That's what happens when you have your nephew watching you play and he keeps saying, "It's a teddy bear picnic!" I have found some awesome TS2 and TS3 items converted for TS4 and am loving decorating. It's the fairy teddy, Kessy was hoping Star would learn to stop being scared of bears  ::)

@judewright Thanks for reading. I have barely even touched the surface with GF, I've met the Hermit in another file and camped but haven't collected or fished properly.

Offline Nova

• Nooboo
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2015, 09:12:08 AM »
I really love this dynasty story - the story is very cleverly written and immersive, and your screenshots are incredibly beautiful. I hope it's not rude to ask, Nettlejuice, but I'm wondering if you are running your game at the highest graphics settings? Your screenshots are so detailed, I can't believe they are really from the game. In some of your entries, Kessy is wearing her woolen rainbow jumper, and it is so highly-textured I can't believe it. It's clear you do some gorgeous editing techniques and I'm not looking to swipe your secrets or anything, but is it alright to ask if you use a sharpen filter on your images or something similar? I just want to help my own techniques along so I can contribute to this community as well. :3

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2015, 10:23:28 AM »
@Nova Thanks a lot, Nova  ;D It's not rude to ask and actually I don't have the best graphics card but I am able to play with high/very high settings. I use Photoshop action to brighten up and sharpen the images and some of the CC have superb detail so that's credit to the creator and not me. If you would like the link to the PS action I can PM you the, let me know =D

anything