Author Topic: Re-Enchanted: An Immortal Dynasty (Graveyard Please)  (Read 62867 times)

hazysmith

Re: Re-Enchanted: An Immortal Dynasty (30/06)
« Reply #255 on: June 30, 2015, 01:06:36 PM »
What a fantastic chapter, just what we needed. And Colt in the outfit? *fans self*

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #256 on: June 30, 2015, 05:29:06 PM »
OH EM GEE!  That ship!  That marvelous, marvelous ship.  Reminds me of Anne McCaffrey's "The Ship Who Sang".  Talk about building skills!  That gorgeous, beautifully put together ship has me green with envy.  Lovely, lovely chapter.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #257 on: June 30, 2015, 08:35:45 PM »
Catching up just in time to see Mitch and Gavin die again (sniff!). But Kessy's spaceship is absolutely gorgeous, and the dialogue between her and Colt was great.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #258 on: July 01, 2015, 06:10:50 AM »
@Playalot I asked @sdhoey a long while ago if I could borrow Colt and I finally got to play with him =D

@sdhoey Thank you so much, glad you liked it. It's especially hard to write when borrowing another person's Sim. Thanks again for lending him to me, this was supposed to be only one chapter but there were too many screenshots and none I wanted to get rid of and my thank you notes at the end of the second part <3

@Tixxis I originally wrote this chapter a month ago from Kessy's POV. A lot happened since then, I watched a programme on policing in London and the ending of the show really upset me - I was crying over someone I didn't even know, someone who had died a year ago and since then I could not stop thinking about it. I had a horrible week at work, when you work in retail you have to smile and act as if everything is sunshine and rainbows and it was during my lunch break I'd break down and start crying when no one was around. I felt stupid and scared of what people would say if I told them why I was behaving this way. I wanted someone to console me really and that's when the idea of Ship came to being. Since then I shared my feelings with my sister and I do feel better and probably more aware of the horrible stuff that happens to the younger generation in my city. Sorry for bringing my personal stuff into this >.<

@ManiSims That is a huge compliment, I love Hitchhiker's and didn't even think it was anything like it. Thank you!

@hazysmith I tried several outfits and even a space costume - male version of what Kessy is wearing - and it looked wrong. Han Solo's outfit was perfect.

@Joria The only book of Anne McCaffrey's I've read is Dragonflight - had to look up the name, I read it when I was thirteen  :o - but I checked the Wikipedia page and it does seem similar. We don't have many of her books in the library, especially now libraries are cutting budgets here and there. I love building in Sims 4, opposite of you, lol, but for the life of me I suck at full lots. It's easy with immortal dynasty because you can plan areas for skills, fun and heirs but for normal game play I download from the Gallery and furnish it how I want. Theme based rooms are my life now.

@MarianT It was definitely harder losing them the second time.

Thank you all for reading and commenting. I had a lot more fun with her rocket this time, knew what I wanted and the right CC to place. After getting a lot of positive feedback on my Tumblr post of her 'room' I began building one for Cora - garden themed so I'd love to continue doing the same for future heirs. As to Colt, I didn't do much to him, a change of clothes and a hat. I only added a stubble and got rid of the skin details he had. Underneath that he's all Colt a headache the Watcher did not need <3
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

hazysmith

« Reply #259 on: July 01, 2015, 03:07:19 PM »
Oh I thought the costume looked familiar to me, I couldn't place it! (or maybe it's the painkillers I am on)  :o

I can identify with how you were feeling after seeing that programme. My husband is a policeman and apart from the constant worry when he's at work, I hear a lot about what happens in my town that really shouldn't happen. The darker side of life exists, unfortunately, and there's not much we can do about it, but it helps to vent out all your worries and feelings to someone and let your brain breathe (if you get my meaning)! I think you did a stellar job with the previous chapter (once I got over Colt dressed as Han Solo) and having re-read it, I think it's one of your best and (I hope) a cathartic experience for you. Sorry for going off topic a touch!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #260 on: July 01, 2015, 03:19:46 PM »
Aw Nettlejuice, you sharing that really touched me. Our world is a crazy scary place at the moment and underneath all our simming stuff we're all real. I was glad to read you have found someone to share it all with, we all need that. I worry a lot for the younger generation, they seem to have so many nasties to negotiate through on their way to adulthood and most of them seem out of their personal control.

I agree with hazysmith, I've reread this chapter a few times now and it really is something quite special. (Let alone the most amazing screenshots.)  :)
Side issue: Colt's a heck of a lot of sim eh. lol I think you did him proud and I'm pretty certain his watcher's had a hoot seeing him here. *Grins @sdhoey* I know I sure did.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #261 on: July 01, 2015, 03:35:49 PM »
Aw Nettlejuice, you sharing that really touched me. Our world is a crazy scary place (...)

It was very brave to speak up and let us know about the feelings that inspired you to write this stellar chapter.
Life can be so unfair at times. But people like you make it better by writing these amazing stories.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #262 on: July 02, 2015, 04:36:58 AM »
@hazysmith @Playalot @Tixxis Thank you for the lovely comments. I don't usually share my feelings online but in this case I made an exception and I know everyone here is full of kinds words. Unlike some other places in the internet  :-\

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #263 on: July 02, 2015, 04:43:45 AM »
Chapter Thirty-Five: Homeward Bound

It took several hours for Ship to reach known space; familiar grounds where other rocketships zoomed past faster than the Sim eye could see and laughed at her chugging away like a small toy train. Ship sent them rude messages after they insulted her ‘archaic’ engines.

Kessy had woken a while back and stood watching from the window as they sailed by the giant planets Saturn and Neptune. Colt was snoring loudly in her chair.

Rise and shine, sleeping beauty.

When he did not stir, Kessy shook him violently and slapped him once, then twice and that did the trick. His mood had improved with a little sleep and Kessy looked away slyly when he rubbed his cheek with one hand.

Hey, I know these planets. Jupiter, right?

It’s Saturn and Neptune. How did you pass Space Academy without knowing the basics?

Hey, I built my own ship, didn’t need some fancy Academy.

Is it any wonder you got yourself lost? I feel for your Watcher, she should lock you up when she gets you back.

Oh, no. The ladies of the forum would never allow that, am I right?
*sexy wink that breaks the fourth wall*

Kessy rolled her eyes. Ship did not know how to react, but she had to confess that the Space Cowboy’s smile did make her windows steam up with pink condensation. Her wipers cleared that up right away and she was back to her normal self.

As Earth came into view, Kessy and Colt were ushered into the de-contamination chamber. Ship landed on an empty lot in Oasis Springs as quietly and unassumingly as possible. Kessy grabbed Colt’s arm and half-dragged him towards the entrance to the Forbidden Grotto. Ship’s pistons slowed at the sight of them departing. Stop being silly, he’s just an ignorant Sim from another ‘verse. Her windows steamed up again.

Wait, what about my Red?

Um.
She bit her bottom lip. Sorry, mate, you can’t see her. Ship tells me there are only a few minutes before you start fading away so we need to get to that portal pronto.

This better not be some kind of a trick, lady. Whoever heard of a portal in Forgotten Grotto?

Without warning, Kessy picked him up and threw him over one shoulder. Colt squirmed and protested. It didn’t work for Fiona, it’s not gonna work for you, Kessy said.

Who the heck is Fiona?

From Shrek. Don’t tell me you’re one of those Sims to hate on SimWorks? Look, we’re here already.

She let him down gently after promising to never ‘woman-handle’ him again. Isn’t this place gorgeous?

He looked around apprehensively. It had a Sixam feel to it with bright coloured trees and alien plants. In the middle was the wormhole generator and to one side was a crying statue of a girl – Alice, she told him, from the famous books and films and plays and games. Where there’s madness, there’s Alice. How can you not have Alice in your ‘verse?

I dunno, how can you let a ten year old eat strange things to grow and shrink? Sounds... sounds like something unmentionable.

It’s just a book and not to spoil anything but she makes it out alive.

Ship’s sending me the co-ordinates to Sixam. You’d better punch in the numbers. She rapidly read the numbers as fast as they appeared and had to start over when Colt made a mistake or two. When all was ready he cracked his aching knuckles and turned to Kessy.

Follow the pink-bricked road through Sixam. And don’t stray from the path. *gives him a serious look*

Well, this is it. How about a kiss for good luck?

Oh, my. Too soon, Colt, I mean we hardly know each other. And Johnny would never forgive me.

Huh. Well, see ya.

Take care, Colt, don’t be too hard on Shannon! You should laugh things off and not get angry all the time.
*giggles*

And you should watch yourself with Grimmy. Don’t think I don’t know about that.

Hmm, I really hope you sent him home, Ship. Don’t need Nettie to scold me for something that isn’t my fault.

Ship confirmed Colt had already made it back home safe. Time travelled at a different speed in Sixam. She also said it was time for Kessy to go home too: you can’t run away forever.

Dear Readers,

I can’t thank @sdhoey enough. I fell in love with Colt’s character from seeing him in Sims 3, and when Sims 4 came around and sharing is much easier I had to grab him. I’ve had so many ideas on what to do with him and after failing my second dynasty I knew I could go on, didn’t want to disappoint Shannon after asking to borrow him. It was pretty much the idea of having Kessy and Colt meet that kept me playing =D

I made a mistake with not getting a fresh copy of Kessy. Between her maxed mischief skill and Colt’s general meanness they gave this poor Watcher several headaches and I’m sure some of my hair has gone grey! In the scenes where they’re standing I had to block the bed and chair, the award for the most amount of moving around in a cramped space would go to these two.

After what I mentioned about writing this chapter and the previous one, it’s become precious to me. It felt weird writing in third person after becoming accustomed to first person but I love how it turned out and your comments always encourage me to continue on, even with grey days.

Love, NJ.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
Re: Re-Enchanted: An Immortal Dynasty (2/07)
« Reply #264 on: July 02, 2015, 07:50:32 AM »
Another fabulous chapter!
Loved Ship's windows steaming up - with PINK condensation no less!  ;D
Oh! And Kessy's fireman's grip is very impressive. It gave us a different perspective on Colt's butt too...

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #265 on: July 02, 2015, 08:14:52 AM »
You are so welcome my friend. I am loving this. Getting to see everyone's different take on Colt. You did great with him. He's trying to ignore me. LOL I am in love with Ship!! I think he has a new admirer. LOL

hazysmith

« Reply #266 on: July 02, 2015, 02:55:07 PM »
Yet another fantastic chapter, I loved this interlude with Ship, Kessy and Colt. The pink condensation made me snort with laughter.....and the fireman's lift was a highlight of a different sort 😉

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #267 on: July 03, 2015, 06:32:54 AM »
Colt being woman handled... lol, just brilliant. What a total knock out of a chapter! *Goes back to read it all over again*.  ;D
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #268 on: July 03, 2015, 11:28:54 AM »
@Tixxis It was going to be 'normal' condensation but recently I'd found tinted windows that I love and thought maybe that's what Ship's window would look like. There are three 'butt-shots' for you to enjoy xD

@sdhoey I love Ship too, if only Colt could hear what she has to say, lol. I might have her make an appearance in future, I love that little room. So, so pleased you've loved seeing Colt in my world.

@hazysmith A little secret. Kessy was supposed to hug Colt but I forgot the pose (it replaces the hug interaction) had already been installed and so when she went to hug him I got a pleasant surprise that had me laughing for a good while.

@Playalot Originally Colt was going to lift her up and try and convince her to visit his home world but the idea of fading away seemed better. And it's funnier if Colt gets woman-handled.

There are two more chapters until the story goes on hiatus, I've only been playing an hour every other day after work so it won't be until late August when I can play and update again. Also, I'm re-building the house, there's just too much chaos at the moment >.<

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #269 on: July 03, 2015, 11:32:21 AM »
Yes it's much better seeing him get a taste of his own medicine!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk