Author Topic: Re-Enchanted: An Immortal Dynasty (Graveyard Please)  (Read 62903 times)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Re-Enchanted: An Immortal Dynasty (2/07)
« Reply #270 on: July 04, 2015, 11:56:29 AM »
@sdhoey It certainly is.

So, no one has noticed that Kessy and Colt are actually YA during these chapters? I did have them as elders but checking through the screenshots I was disappointed with the weird elder belly they had - it looked worse on Kessy. Re-taking screenshots was a pain but it gave me better angles to work with.

I'm thinking of re-writing everything in third person and see how it goes. All screenshots are also being edited with a different PS action and smaller size.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #271 on: July 04, 2015, 12:17:10 PM »
@sdhoey It certainly is.

So, no one has noticed that Kessy and Colt are actually YA during these chapters? I did have them as elders but checking through the screenshots I was disappointed with the weird elder belly they had - it looked worse on Kessy. Re-taking screenshots was a pain but it gave me better angles to work with.

I'm thinking of re-writing everything in third person and see how it goes. All screenshots are also being edited with a different PS action and smaller size.

I noticed but didn't say anything, thinking that it might just be me. I am passed due for my eye exam. LOL

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #272 on: July 04, 2015, 02:11:29 PM »

OMG! I did not notice that at all - too caught up in the novelty of Kessy's gorgeous Ship, I guess.
Maybe Ship travels backwards in time... yes, that would explain it. LOL.

Edit to add:
Backwards in time, like people who board her become younger during the voyage?
Am I rambling? Yes, I am. Sorry. *spaces out to daydream about Ship*

hazysmith

« Reply #273 on: July 04, 2015, 03:08:04 PM »
Now that I've went back and checked, they are YA. Ah the rejuvenating effects of space travel! Awesome.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #274 on: July 08, 2015, 01:33:16 PM »
@sdhoey Lol, if only they didn't have the weird belly, I'd love to see an elder Kessy walking around with a grumpy Colt over her shoulder  :P

@Tixxis & @hazysmith Hmmm, you're giving me ideas and I love it. Sounds like Ship is a hit, I'll have to think of some other use for her, maybe she can tell a chapter or two of what goes on in the Chant household.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #275 on: July 08, 2015, 01:46:08 PM »
Chapter Thirty-Six: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun – Part One

Three girls had been invited to spend the weekend at a friend’s house. Two were half-sisters and on good terms with one another even if their father was a cheating rat. The other girl, Darlene Lee, was shy and awkward around people she didn’t know. Darlene knocked on the door and waited while the Landgraab Clones waved goodbye to the retreating cars of their parents. They talked too fast and giggled too much in Darlene’s opinion but she’d been told they were fun to be around by Cora and she was not one to lie about these things. Mostly.

Cora was all smiles despite the recent loss of her father. He’ll be back one day, I can’t wait to see him again. The Landgraab Clones made some jokes about dynasties Darlene couldn’t understand – to be truthful she didn’t fully know why she was here anyway but her Mum said it was time to make friends and immortal ones were the best, they threw parties all the time. Can’t turn down free food, can we? Yes, Mum, I know we have a lot of mouths to feed.

They left their bags in the shared bedroom – with all the money the Chants had she was surprised they didn’t get one of their own – and changed into their swim wear. The scorching weather demanded they be lazy and Marina, the one with teal coloured hair, said she hated sweating so she sat by the pool under the shade of a tree and made ripples glide across the surface with her feet.

Cora switched on a record player she’d found at some vintage market. Her Mum was good at fixing things and had also upgraded the ancient thing so it wouldn’t break that often. If only she would come around to ours, Darlene thought.

Darlene wasn’t much of a pop fan. She liked those obscure bands no one really knew, the ones that went on for years and years and still didn’t make a breakthrough but they had loyal fans and intimate gigs she had to work ages to pay to see.

Gracelyn set a towel down beside her and rubbed sunscreen all over her arms and legs. Darlene thought to get up and maybe find something else to do but she couldn’t get the timing right and Grace was already talking to her about some TV show. Luckily it was one of those that had originally been a book. She knew how to respond and the right place to stop revealing any spoilers or where some things had been made up.

This isn’t so bad. I can talk to them like normal people. What am I saying? They are normal, I’m the odd one.

This weather is killing me! Cora announced and dived into the pool, splashing water on everyone. Darlene and Grace followed her in but Marina complained for a full minute or two.

It – it’s not so bad, Darlene said to her – the first time she’d spoken to the Holley girl.

How’d you like getting splashed? Marina kicked water into her face, playfully and not the way those mean girls at school had when Darlene was trying to learn to swim.

She laughed for the first time that day.

Hey, you like Darlene, don’t you?

She’s OK, I wish she’d speak up. I didn’t want to be rude and ask her to repeat herself so much.

Oh, she will once you get to know her. She’s sweet and I always feel sorry for her.
Everyone in town knew the Lees and Holidays were dirt poor. Cora looked over to see Darlene had, by some miracle, convinced Marina to cool down in the pool. And she’s full of surprises.

Cora left the girls to start on some baking or what Darlene liked to call rich folk food – the price of just one egg in her recipe was enough to feed the Lees and Holidays for a week and Cora was using three of them. She caught Cora unawares and managed to make her drop a whole egg in.

Oops. I hope you all like eggshells ’cause I’m not digging through this to retrieve it.

Well, anything you make seems to be edible so no complaints here. She wrapped a towel around herself so she could sit and watch as Cora endlessly mixed and folded whatever it was she was making – Brownies, Cora said when she asked.

There was something magical about watching someone cook, the way they knew the exact amount of ingredients to add without using scales or how long to cook rice without it coming out sticky and burnt at the bottom. Darlene liked cookery shows but for the life of her could not make anything besides pasta and the occasional couscous.

Cora called the other girls in so they could change for the house party she needed, a requirement or something of the sort. Darlene only had one dress she was proud of, well the only one without grass stains that would not come out even with a lot of elbow grease or a hand me down from her Mum’s ‘misspent’ youth.

Cora was first to try the chocolate fountain. She spent quite a bit of time admiring the way the chocolate flowed until Marina said she had to have some chocolate dipped strawberries soon or she was going to die.

Love your dress, it’s really cute, Grace said – not at all sounding condescending.

Darlene thanked her and added, It’s from a store in Magnolia Promenade, you probably don’t go there.

Magnolia Promenade?

We can go shopping there tomorrow, not everyone is lucky enough to have tailor-made clothes, Grace.

Sorry, I didn’t think.

Oh, no worries there, I just wish we could support our local shops more. I love that we have a shopping district, mind you it’s small, but it’s so pretty and you can ride the tram or just walk there. The views aren’t too bad either.

Wow. That is longest time I’ve heard you speak.

H-hey, I was just being me when I’m not being weird or anything.

The other girls laughed and Darlene knew this could be the start of a friendship – with girls she’d never talk to if Cora hadn’t introduced them to her.

Later, when they were boogying down, Darlene could hear Cora telling Grace all about the ‘other neighbourhood’ – Oasis Springs – and the delights and despairs of Granite Falls – another place Grace had no idea existed.

You made him eat bugs? Sheesh, you need to take me there next time!

Ha ha, you just want to be alone with Genie, am I right?

Hey, I love this song! Someone said.

Darlene knew this one, it was a classic and a guilty pleasure – one song she would blast out without fear of embarrassment ‘cause her Mum liked it too and so did Aunty Summer and her two daughters. They all danced in their own way. She just waved her arms around a bit and when no one snorted with laughter or called her an idiot for ‘not knowing how to dance’ she gave it her all – hair whipping, booty shaking and general madness that comes with the freedom of dance.

Yes, girls do wanna have fun.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Re-Enchanted: An Immortal Dynasty (08/07)
« Reply #276 on: July 08, 2015, 03:16:19 PM »
That pool party looks like it was so much fun! Wish I'd have been there but I think my invite got lost in the mail.  My favorite screenie was the dropped egg.  Priceless look on her face.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #277 on: July 08, 2015, 03:34:52 PM »
Aw, they're all such girly girls. Really lovely. I guess your pollinator worked out well then considering Darlene's so poor and her mum has too many mouths to feed.  ;)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #278 on: July 08, 2015, 07:46:36 PM »
This chapter has such a good feel about it.
I recognize the different social situations. Some could be iffy.
But you made it all work out so well for everyone. I'm happy about that. :)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #279 on: July 09, 2015, 10:46:24 AM »
@Joria Oh, mine too. I guess Watchers just aren't invited to the best stuff, lol. A top soon-to-be chef making a rookie mistake, I always laugh at her hilarious faces.

@Playalot I think Darlene isn't much of a girly girl. I feel bad for filling up the BFF household with their limited space, it won't be improved when the new pollinators start working.

@Tixxis This, and the next part, were also changed from their originals. Looking at the screenshots I felt it was told more from Darlene's perspective and she's the closest character to my real self - except we're not dirt poor and my Mum never sent me to parties for free food  ::) The social difference came about when I went snooping and the SKLs and Holleys (game generated teen with a family and mother to many Mal's babies) are pretty well off. The Lees and Holidays aren't and I wanted to work that in somehow. I'm pleased it wasn't too bad, I didn't want the rich girls to be all b****y and the poor girl thinking they were - though Darlene did think it a tiny bit and changed her mind  ;)

I wonder if anyone can pick up a mistake Grace and I have made in this chapter?

hazysmith

« Reply #280 on: July 09, 2015, 01:19:30 PM »
Great pool party, and I loved that record player (I take it that it is CC?) Such a positive, heartwarming chapter!

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #281 on: July 12, 2015, 06:34:31 PM »
Cute chapter.  :)  I loved the screenshot of Gracelyn and Darlene sunbathing. Not sure about the mistake! (Also, now the song is stuck in my head... :D)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #282 on: July 13, 2015, 12:25:19 PM »
@hazysmith Yes, it's CC. I wanted something vintage looking.

@ManiSims I do too, originally they were the best friends and Marina was envious of her slightly richer clone-faced big sister but it worked out in the end.

The mistake is Grace has never heard of Oasis Springs and the house I built for the party is in Oasis Springs  ::)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #283 on: July 19, 2015, 02:59:39 PM »
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun – Part Two

She was lying in the most comfortable bed she’d ever known in a room that didn’t smell of mould or house a dozen bugs. Marina was sleeping soundly and just as Darlene was about to nod off herself, she heard Grace’s voice.

She couldn’t help eavesdropping, she didn’t want to do it but they were saying some things that piqued her interest and how do you stop yourself from listening in when you’re in the same room?

But how is your Mum going to bring them all back?

I don’t know. I think she’s leaving that up to the Watcher.

Watcher? Those legendary beings that controlled a Sims every move and even forced them into marriages and made it seem like it was all unplanned and totally romantic? Not forgetting all those ‘pollinations’. Oh, Mum, you fell for some hunky dude, didn’t you?

OK, say your Dad and these other people do come back, what’s to stop them munching on your leg one day and you find out their zombies? His darling Cora becomes yummy meat Cora.

My Dad isn’t going to be a zombie
, Cora laughed. He’d more likely kiss Mum in that weird parents-making-out-is-not-OK way and complain about missing out on meeting his grandchild.

Talking of grandchild, any thoughts about Genie?

Cora sighed. I know how you feel about him but he’s like a brother to me so there’s never going to be anything between us. You could just ask him out yourself.

I have. Several times. He just looks at me as if I’m some kind of alien to think he’s hot or whatever. I don’t think I’m even serious about him.

They talked on for several minutes. At some point Darlene must have started snoring and one of the girls called out to her but she was too exhausted to reply and tried breathing through her nose when she could remember.

Breakfast was laid on the table before Darlene rose. She showered and grabbed a sandwich and followed the other girls out the door. She caught Cora looking up at the sky as a rocket passed by, she frowned and made a face at it.

Something wrong?

No, don’t worry about it.

The ten minute walk to Magnolia Promenade was pleasant but the sun bore down on them and their water bottles soon emptied. Darlene wiped away sweat from her forehead, envying Marina’s straw hat in place of her own.

As expected of a Sunday morning, JF&S Clothiers was empty of customers and the store clerks on duty were milled around the air coolers. The girls wandered around alone at first. Darlene spotted a mannequin dressed in the type of outfit she wished she could wear but had nowhere to go in.

Oh, you should try it Cora! Grace said, she and Marina were forever trying to get Cora into something other than pink.

There’s a tiny bit of pink in it, Marina added as if that could convince her.

I’d like to, if you don’t mind? Darlene piped up.

Go for it. Cora seemed genuinely relieved someone else was interested in the outfit.

H-How do I look?

The girls ‘oohed’ and ‘ahhed’ and asked her to twirl around. Darlene did her best not to get dizzy from all the spinning, one hand holding the hat in place.

You look lovely, Cora said admiringly. She called one of the sales assistants over and asked her to ring up the outfit. Darlene protested, starting to sweat again and worrying she’d leave stains on the blouse. Call it a belated birthday present.

It was only when the other girls also expressed their approval that she relented. A tiny voice in her head said, you won’t ever wear this anywhere so why don’t you return it afterwards? No, there are other days out and parties to attend, I want to look good for myself.

This is more like it. Cora was standing beside a mannequin in a baby pink lehenga.

She spent a good half hour in front of the mirror, asking everyone’s opinions and then talking to herself: do I buy it or not? It’s a lot heavier than I thought it was.

In the end she decided against the purchase and looked visibly upset when one of the sales assistants rolled her eyes and asked her, quite rudely, to please take it off. Cora wasn’t the type to let just one bad comment keep her down for long and said it was about time the girls met her ‘baby’

A short distance from JF&S was a bright new building. The colours popped out like a sore thumb in the otherwise muted tones of Magnolia Promenade. A few passersby were taking selfies in front of it

It’s my bakery! Do you like it?

Of course we do, it’s so pretty!

Marina wanted to know how on Simnation the Council allowed her to build something so colourful – everyone knew they didn’t approve of things that didn’t match up with the rest of the neighbourhood.

I have my ways.

Darlene suspected it involved a lot of money – the Chants were gazillionaires after all and the new blue bloods and they were even richer than the Goths and Altos.

Oh, this smell. I love it. Marina took several deep sniffs.

Take a seat and I’ll get some treats ready for us.

Can I come with you?
Darlene followed Cora and ducked under the counter when she nodded.

Sorry it’s from the Cupcake Machine today.

It’s OK. I can’t believe you have your own bakery.

Uh huh. Cora worked the ancient looking dials. It’s just for fun though, my requirements and such come first. Speaking of which, I could do with some assistants if you’re interested?

You don’t need to give me a job just ’cause we’re friends.

Oh, I intend to give you an interview first. Grill you and all that!
She winked as Darlene’s face fell and then realised she was jesting. Almost done.

Not bad.

A delectable plateful of cupcakes rolled along the conveyor belt. Cora inspected each one before announcing, in an extremely loud voice so the other girls could hear, that they were ready.

Tuck in and let me know what you think. I sort of forgot how to work the toppings menu so I don’t know if this is mint or seaweed... It doesn’t smell like either.

What is it? Marina asked with a mouthful of cupcake.

I don’t know if I should. I’m trying to lose weight and—

It’s one cupcake.

There’s always potions, Grace, I saw you eyeing Dina’s collection the other day.

Well, if you can hand me a few of those I’ll eat as many as I can.

You know, Cora said, there are some spas coming to town soon. NJ told me. I think we could all start taking yoga classes and just a healthier lifestyle. These cupcakes are a little rich so I guess the ingredients need a major overhaul.

This news brought a lot of enthusiasm from the girls, even Darlene who had a weird shaped body – wide hips and stick thin arms – and no interest in working out was intrigued about yoga and what exactly was a spa like? Could she afford to visit one? She didn’t want to be left out.

Cora pulled her into a hug. Hey, don’t stress yourself out about the prices and stuff, OK?

But—

Nope, not gonna listen to your excuses. I’ve more money than I know what to do with it.

Darlene, for once, hugged her back properly. It was OK to accept help, right? It wasn’t begging or something worse, right? Whatever it was she felt fortunate to have something good in her life and she couldn’t wait to see what the future held for her and her new friends.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
Re: Re-Enchanted: An Immortal Dynasty (19/07)
« Reply #284 on: July 19, 2015, 04:29:34 PM »
Darlene's birthday present really suits her and Cora looked fabulous in that baby pink lehenga.
I had not idea that's what it is called... a lehenga.  :D