Author Topic: Re-Enchanted: An Immortal Dynasty (Graveyard Please)  (Read 62893 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Re-Enchanted: An Immortal Dynasty (19/07)
« Reply #285 on: July 19, 2015, 04:37:04 PM »
I love that Darlene's getting the chance to experience the finer things of life. Poor girl. *Googles 'lehenga'* I agree with Tixxis, Cora looked amazing, I think she should have bought it.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #286 on: July 19, 2015, 06:16:37 PM »
Me too!  It's a gorgeous outfit and looked great on her.  I loved the pic of the two girls chatting together in bed.  ahhhh, the memories.   lol
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #287 on: July 20, 2015, 05:47:30 AM »
@Tixxis I love that outfit, I was saving it for one of the future female heirs though. Oh, well, Darlene looks gorgeous in it.

@Playalot It's my way of apologising to them for being overrun. I went on a CC purge right after this chapter was written, forgot to keep the lehenga and now I can't seem to find it because Cora did buy it >.<

@Joria Memories here too, I grew up with three older sisters and we'd just chat all night long during the summer holidays. My parents used to bang on the wall to get us to sleep, lol.

So, townies in my game look um.. different now that a lot of CC has been deleted. I almost decided to go for non-HoF and get them all in clothes (some are in underwear for everyday clothes...) and many, many of them are bald - not that there is anything wrong with it! But I think I'd lose interest if it wasn't HoF mainly because the rules keep me in check and if it was for fun I'd feel like something was missing and it'd probably become some other kind of story.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

hazysmith

« Reply #288 on: July 20, 2015, 03:30:03 PM »
It's a shame that you deleted a lot of your CC, its all so colourful! (I'm a bit of a colour magpie ha ha) the bakery is fabulous by the way.

I love that this was being told from Darlene's perspective, a outsider's view of the dynasty gazillionaire.  :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #289 on: July 20, 2015, 03:31:16 PM »
Oh no bald and underdressed townies! Maybe the game will redress them eventually? Idk but I'm glad you've stuck to the rules and are continuing with your dynasty.  :)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #290 on: July 21, 2015, 04:55:08 AM »
@hazysmith Oh, don't worry, it's still colourful. The main things were items I didn't use or were just too large - my loading screen rivalled Sims 3 loading time - and bright CC hair that looked a little ridiculous on randoms >.> The bakery I'm sad to say is almost empty, there was too much clutter so I may just play it for fun or after Cora eats ambrosia or just in non-official shots. I'm glad you liked this chapter, writing it was tough and I felt sure it wasn't my best - some of it's pretty boring and I couldn't go back and get extra screenies.

@Playalot I don't think it will, other people have said so. I hardly share real screenies of parties and stuff so I may dress them for those otherwise I may have to find some clever way of hiding their nakedness. Maybe blame it on the ever present summer heat  ;)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #291 on: July 25, 2015, 05:27:05 AM »
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Into The Woods

There was still no sign of Kessy. Cora had noticed her mother’s rocketship a few weeks prior and she’d wanted to have a few words with her. She’d waited patiently at home, pacing her room and almost tearing a hole through the floor to the basement. Time wasn’t something she had on her hands so she packed her bags for a weekend alone in Granite Falls.

The towering trees covered most of the sky so she had no idea if that blasted rocketship was around but she looked up anyway. Nothing but a spotless blue canvas.

Her task for the day was to gather more of the wild plants she hadn’t identified on her last trip. At any other time Cora would’ve loved to explore the woods further, take pictures of the unusual looking plants she later found were Poison Fireleaf or trap some poor creature into a jar. Bees and Dragon Dragonflies were proving to be difficult in tracking down. Soon, even the gathering of wild plants and chewing them became a menial task.

It was as evening drew that she came across an interesting looking hole that had been covered up in a lazy fashion by someone who had no idea how to disguise such an opening. This is it, she thought. Kessy had told her time and time again how to reach the Hermit’s Hut and find the true Morel Mushrooms – the last plant to tick off her list. Her mother might not have any reservations about crawling through a mysterious hole but Cora was doubtful. She could just wait for the Hermit to make one of her visits, maybe camp beside the entrance and they’d go through together?

Nope, I need to be more adventurous. She ran towards the entrance.

Up close it didn’t look so scary. There were no thorns so she parted the branches aside and stepped into the black hole.

She experienced the same thing her mother had so many years ago: grooves along the walls – she wondered which were Kessy’s, the smell of earth and the unfortunate demise of a worm she’d squished – her shoes needed a proper clean once she was home.

Something blue and fluttery danced past her. A moment of madness – or curiosity – compelled her to run after it. Hands reached out to catch it at one point and she stumbled. Once she’d dusted herself off the dancing light swirled around her and the chase continued. Something about that reminded her of a little girl and a rabbit hole, the end of the tunnel however did not reveal a nonsensical world but just another wood. Cora caught up with the little bug that had been her guide and trapped it in her palms, blue light streamed through her fingers – a will-o’-the-wisp. It was no Dragon Dragonfly but it was pretty, it could serve as a night light in her bedroom.

Using the will-o’-the-wisp as a lantern she navigated her way through the dark forest and found several night time bugs. Cora greedily raided a rock garden with harvestable vegetables and fruits and looked over her shoulder when she felt eyes on her. She called out several times in hopes it was the Hermit.

With her pockets full she wondered what to do next. A dirt track wound around some trees before disappearing through a rock path. She followed it and there in front of her was a cute little cottage. It was as if a little red barn had plopped itself down in a clearing by magic. Pretty flowers lined the path, flower boxes accompanied every window and she felt like she was walking through the perfume section in a shop but these were real smells and much more pleasant.

The lights were on and a roaring fire kept the little cottage toasty. There was no sign of the Hermit though. She felt welcomed anyway and made herself at home. It was so clean and tidy she felt like an intruder. Like Goldilocks.

Cora’s rumbling tummy demanded food and she started on pancakes, she made extras in case the Hermit came back. She was extra grateful for the baking station and wished she could have one at home.

The pancakes were devoured in record timing. They came out extra delicious, Cora thought, because of the baking station.

She warmed herself by the fire and sat waiting for the Hermit. It was only when she was fast asleep on the floor, dangerously close to the fire, that the Hermit walked in.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
Re: Re-Enchanted: An Immortal Dynasty (25/07)
« Reply #292 on: July 25, 2015, 08:19:46 AM »
Oooh! I love this!
This is a great adventure and just as much a fairy tale.

hazysmith

« Reply #293 on: July 25, 2015, 01:17:11 PM »
Such a wonderful chapter, your descriptive passages certainly draw the reader into the story. Combined with your screenshots, it makes for a great read!

By the way, was that the TS3 baking station that I saw? I loved that! :)

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #294 on: July 25, 2015, 03:06:08 PM »
Loving this!  Cora is so lovely and seeing her in such a setting is really magical.  I love the look of the hermits cottage!  The text you wrote is really enjoyable as well, makes it more a story/fairy tale.  Love it.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #295 on: July 25, 2015, 04:13:31 PM »
Hmm, I wonder if the hermit is an elderly male... Lovely Beautiful screenshots and a wonderful magical feel to the whole chapter.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #296 on: July 26, 2015, 08:30:52 AM »
@Tixxis I love fairy tales though I don't agree with some of the way people are portrayed but what can we do, eh? Modern re-tellings are not my thing though. Except Tangled, I love that movie.

@hazysmith Thank you so much! Yes, that is the baking station someone converted. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this but I read a post on Tumblr about a future pack being leaked called Kitchen Stuff, I really, really hope we get a baking station because the normal oven and Cupcake Machine are not enough. Or a pizza oven would be awesome!

@Joria I really dislike collecting things, sometimes I regret choosing this path for Cora but with her it's fun. The faces she pulls have me laughing for ages. I originally played without changing the cottage then I looked at the screenshots and it was just too dull and colourless for me - except for the garden which is lovely. I do love the little makeover I did, probably took me only 15mins to do.

@Playalot Hmm, not gonna give any spoilers away but I think everyone will love the Hermit. Is that a clue you can work with? xD

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #297 on: July 26, 2015, 10:47:23 AM »
When I tea this I forget its a dynasty with rules and regulations. Its beautifully written.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #298 on: July 26, 2015, 09:05:40 PM »
I agree with @ratchie , the story is so fun and the screenshots so pretty, it's easy to forget this is an Immortal Dynasty with lots of rules! I love the story and characters, and I'm envious of all that great CC :)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #299 on: July 27, 2015, 10:56:55 AM »
@ratchie & @ManiSims Thank you =D I try to include real and fake screenshots just so someone doesn't point fingers and say I'm not following rules. Which explains Cora's outfit change for no reason =P

I was going to post the next update but I tripped at work today like an idiot and a tiny bit of my palm skin came off (I'm feeling sick and scaring myself thinking about it, it's not as bad as I'm describing lol) so I have to rest my hand to work tomorrow. It's a shame, I'm so excited about the next one!

anything