Author Topic: I Dream of Teeny  (Read 26527 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
I Dream of Teeny
« on: July 16, 2015, 06:40:53 AM »
I Dream of Teeny

Goal
One teenager can be quite a handful - so, how can one Sim take care of an entire house full of teenagers? You're not just any Sim. You're a genie who possesses awesome powers and bestows magical gifts upon your beloved teens. And as you lovingly kick them in the rear and out the door after they complete key requirements you gain even more genie powers. How cool is that?   

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create one Young Adult Sim in CAS from scratch.
  • The Spa Day Game Pack and Cool Kitchen Stuff are banned.
  • No household additions except for adopting children (not babies).
  • You are allowed to use the Buydebug cheat for the sole purpose of purchasing a satellite to prevent abductions.
  • You are allowed to adopt one Child each time your houseparent achieves level 6 or caps a skill**. Age up the adopted Child immediately to Teen. BUT...this is important - any adoption must occur before your housekeeper would become eligible to adopt again. In other words, no storing up adoptions. Example: your houseparent gets to level 6 in Cooking and can adopt a child and then can adopt another child when reaching level 10. You cannot take a pass on the level 6 adoption in order to adopt two at level 10.
  • After your houseparent caps their first skill they are awarded with static needs. Turn on Testing Cheats, shift click the mailbox and choose Disable Household Needs as well as Fill Household Needs. You are allowed to use these cheats for the duration of the challenge.
  • For every Teen that completes all three requirements (see below) and is moved out, your houseparent/genie gains more power and is awarded two perks: 1) one use of the kaching cheat and 2) one use of the aspirations.complete_current_milestone cheat. NOTE: If a Teen ages up naturally, is moved out but did NOT complete any of the requirements, then your houseparent/genie is not awarded use of the cheats for that particular Teen.
  • Moving from your initial lot is not allowed.
  • The Manage Worlds screen is allowed in order to move out your qualifying teens.
  • This challenge ends when your houseparent turns Elder.

Teen Requirements Before They Can Move Out...

1) Get an A in school
2) Reach Level 3 in a part-time job
3) Max a unique skill**.

**Photography is banned. Also, if your Teens end up maxing all available skills, then you would begin another cycle of going through skills and keeping round two unique as well.

Scoring

Scoring is the sum of Teens Out and Teens In. Lena made a great spreadsheet to make things easy for you. Thank you, Lena.

Teens Out — When your houseparent turns Elder add up the number of Teens that completed all Teen Requirements and were successfully moved out. 3 points per Teen. NOTE: If your Teen ends up naturally aging up to YA before you finish their requirements, that's okay.

Teens In — When your houseparent turns Elder add up the remaining Teens still in the household. 1 point per Teen.

Total — Add Teens Out and Teens In together for your Total.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we reserve the right to ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
Please think hard before you ask in the challenge thread because it may be strategy. What you may consider an innocent question could cause another player to go — “oh, I did not think of doing that.” It’s always safer to PM everyone on the team (Metro, ratchie, Nutella, LenaLJ, Trip, and MarianT) for clarifications. Thanks.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, but the winner especially is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Teens Out     Teens In          Total
Nutella126--126
LenaLJ126--126
GlazeyLady1144118
Nikitachi967103
kirkbysims965101
fluffyj0090797
thekatie040990797
MarianT90696
emiwankenobi87794
fivebyfive87794
Ginj84690
MissZoef84690
Metropolis Man72577
december2263770
rokrchik45449
HelenP36743
sdhoey30737
Joria9716
Roxanne076713
Gheez369
SIMantics101077
krzyman21DNF----

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Re: I Dream of Teeny
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 12:59:16 PM »
Sounds like an interesting hybrid of a skills challenge and baby boomer.  Why is the spa day game pack not allowed?  Not enough time to test it thoroughly yet?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 01:05:28 PM »
Sounds like an interesting hybrid of a skills challenge and baby boomer.  Why is the spa day game pack not allowed?  Not enough time to test it thoroughly yet?

Exactly - this event start in just two weeks. Need more time mainly to allow players to buy it and for us to see how certain things will impact challenges.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 10:16:26 AM »
I played the "I Dream of Jeannie" theme song when I saw this challenge.  ;D

This looks like an easy challenge. Sadly, I have set my schedule to getting PS3 trophies all month and next month so I probably have no time to spare, but I wish all those who want to do this challenge good luck! (I might try a test file just for fun. ;) )
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 10:54:52 AM »
I played the "I Dream of Jeannie" theme song when I saw this challenge.  ;D

Barbara Eden for the win! Oh, yeah - my file will definitely have the houseparent named Barbara Eden.

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 10:24:47 PM »
Just checking to make sure I understand correctly... When the houseparent caps a skill, the whole household gets static needs?

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 12:42:11 AM »
Just checking to make sure I understand correctly... When the houseparent caps a skill, the whole household gets static needs?
Yes you then unlock the skill for use.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline december22

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 04:50:22 AM »
So to clarify

when the house-parent caps their first skill we can turn on static needs
when the first teenager moves out we can use the kaching cheat
when the second teenager moves out we can use the aspirations cheat

Is that correct?

EDIT

Or does it mean that for every teenager that leaves we get one use of each cheat?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 06:52:00 AM »
So to clarify

when the house-parent caps their first skill we can turn on static needs
when the first teenager moves out we can use the kaching cheat
when the second teenager moves out we can use the aspirations cheat

Is that correct?

EDIT

Or does it mean that for every teenager that leaves we get one use of each cheat?

Both cheats for every teenager...

• For every Teen that completes all three requirements (see below) and is moved out, your houseparent/genie gains more power and is awarded two perks: 1) one use of the kaching cheat and 2) one use of the aspirations.complete_current_milestone cheat.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 05:21:35 PM »
What if a teen doesn't meet all the requirements before aging up to Young Adult?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 05:55:28 PM »
That's okay. The teen ages up to YA and you move him or her out when the requirements are done. And you still get credit.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 06:28:31 PM »
That's okay. The teen ages up to YA and you move him or her out when the requirements are done. And you still get credit.

That's what I figured for the skill, because you can finish that as a Young Adult.  But the teen part-time job and the A in school can't be obtained as a YA.  I thought of this because I put a teen in a job that only works 2 days a week.  She'll have time to work again and get to level 3 before aging up, but it made me wonder if the scoring points are any different if they age up and move out as a YA but either didn't get to level 3 or didn't get an A in school.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2015, 08:14:06 PM »

That's what I figured for the skill, because you can finish that as a Young Adult.  But the teen part-time job and the A in school can't be obtained as a YA.  I thought of this because I put a teen in a job that only works 2 days a week.  She'll have time to work again and get to level 3 before aging up, but it made me wonder if the scoring points are any different if they age up and move out as a YA but either didn't get to level 3 or didn't get an A in school.

Have to discuss that with the team. Getting to level 3 and getting an A shouldn't be a problem for most of them because of having their needs met, so there probably will be a penalty.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2015, 08:21:48 PM »
FWIW, the teen part-time job is difficult; my practice game has been rife with teens waiting around for a workday so they can get that last promotion. :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2015, 06:18:43 AM »
I wanted to clarify the following rule - someone messaged the team and asked about Teens that do not fulfill requirements, so here we go...

• For every Teen that completes all three requirements (see below) and is moved out, your houseparent/genie gains more power and is awarded two perks: 1) one use of the kaching cheat and 2) one use of the aspirations.complete_current_milestone cheat. NOTE: If a Teen ages up naturally, is moved out but did NOT complete any of the requirements, then your houseparent/genie is not awarded use of the cheats for that particular Teen.

anything