Author Topic: Forest Retreat - Longtime SimFamily Home  (Read 2424 times)

Offline Indira

• Occult
Forest Retreat - Longtime SimFamily Home
« on: November 11, 2015, 08:39:13 PM »
So I've gone ahead and uploaded Forest Retreat to the Gallery.

This is the home I made for my SimFamily. It has 2 houses, a #treehouse, a #pond for swimming in, a garden, a #barn, a picnic area, and also a camping area. Some items may not appear in your download as I've used #crafteditem and decorations, sim-made paintings, as well as #careerrewards in the culinary discipline. Leave a message if you like a version with normal furniture. #nocc #indira #moo #carlsguide #basegame

First House

Bar area

Very small living room

Dining area and kitchen

Second floor that has two bedrooms, study area, and bathroom

Hobby room - 1st House

2nd House and the pond at night

Bedroom and Bathroom - 2nd House

Living room - 2nd House

Kitchen - 2nd House

Barnyard with chickens!

Barn

Treehouse

I loved making this place. And like with most homes I make, I focused more on the landscaping. I hope the inside of the houses aren't too lacking. I tested downloading buildings with career rewards and crafted items, and paintings, and they they are carried over. Including the plants too.

I was supposed to be working on my Tuscany Castle but I'm having a really hard time partitioning the house. I actually created my pond during that time. It was like an oasis in the desert sort of thing. And I liked the look of it, so I carried it over to 'Forest Retreat' and reworked the edges and added an underground spring. Anyway, I enjoyed making this place. I hope you'll like it too. :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Forest Retreat - Longtime SimFamily Home
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 07:22:41 PM »
I love it!!  Looks like somebody misses having chickens and barns, eh?  I love the pond, of course, but I particularly love the soft, warm colors you used.  Almost all your builds have a homey, tranquil feel about them, very welcoming and like you'd like to live there in rl.  Love the round "table" too.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Indira

• Occult
Re: Forest Retreat - Longtime SimFamily Home
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 08:01:41 PM »

Thanks @Joria :) I would love perhaps to have a Sims4 Pets expansion that includes other animals aside from the usual cats and dogs. I remade my pool as a stand alone in case others would like to add it to their own homes. I named it Nature's Pool. I tend to like earthy tones and tranquil places where I can sit down, read a book, or knit a sock, and generally stay alone (but with internet please!). I guess my own personality and rl preferences are showing in my builds. I have a harder time imagining more modern houses. I have built just 1 modern house so far. The round table seems to me to be a more appropriate size compared to the tables provided by the game. I've been using that style in my other builds too.

anything