Author Topic: Newcomers in Newcrest (Failed -- Move to Graveyard)  (Read 57983 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- Dec 18)
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2015, 08:20:48 AM »
One thing I discovered is that teens can only fight with other teens. It took a long time for Azalea to get to the point of being enemies with Aniara.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2015, 08:47:55 AM »
Joaquin have some good traits, I like him too.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2015, 09:57:02 AM »
Zargon, Week 6

In a few days, there would be plenty of work for Luthor to do, but in the meantime, the Zargons could simply enjoy themselves. Sunday morning, Guy took Luthor to the Museum in Willow Creek. While Guy looked at paintings...

Luthor picked out a few chords on the piano. On the whole he was glad that he'd taken up the violin instead.

After that, they went to the Von Haunt estate for a tour. Guy was a bit puzzled by the statement that there were no ghosts on the estate. What, then, was the pink shape floating in front of him? Sims just weren't logical at times.

The kitchen was filled with odd-looking appliances. They appeared to Guy to be both inefficient and dangerous.

And Guy could well believe that a fire might start in this house. Who ever heard of using an open flame for heating? Especially in a room as crowded with furniture as this one was.

Upstairs, the bed looked much less comfortable than the one Guy had at home. All in all, it had been a very instructive afternoon, confirming the Zargons' belief that the sims deserved to be conquered.

Back at home, the family played a few games of Don't Wake the Llama with Kasey. Kasey lost.

Luthor begged for one last game before going to bed, and Guy obliged him.

The next morning they all tried the new dance mat that Aniara had bought. For Guy and Aniara it brought back happy memories of dance parties on Sixam. Luthor just enjoyed dancing.

Finally the day came when Aniara reached the pinnacle of her career. She was now a Creator of Worlds, the highest stage one could reach as an author. She put on her glad rags and went to a nightclub to celebrate.

But her glory was short-lived. One of the locals had the temerity to ask her to vacate the dance floor so that he could show off his moves.

You don't tug on Superman's cape, and you don't tell a Zargon to move.

When the townie emerged from his ice cocoon, his skin was as blue as Aniara's.

At last the day came that everyone had been waiting for. Aniara made a zombie cake in preparation for the happy event. Luthor had worried over what trait he might get. If he was a good boy, his mother said, he would become evil, like she was. But if he was evil, didn't that mean he should get the good trait in opposition? All that worrying made Luthor a bit gloomy, the opposite of his cheerful father.

This wasn't such a bad trait to have if your aspiration was to become a Painter Extraordinaire.

Luthor didn't enjoy painting much, so he tried dancing a bit to have some fun. Aniara joined him and they worked on a routine.

Even more fun was playing the violin. Luthor had written a song, to be licensed when he moved, in order to bring in some money.

One of the first things Luthor did was to take a trip to Sixam in order to gather some plants.

He also met a few females, Rhonda and McKinley.

Upon returning home, Luthor discovered that he had only six seeds. He got into the rocket ship again and went off in search of adventure. An odd-looking alien with fourteen hands challenged him to a duel. Luthor was losing until he had the bright idea of distracting the alien with a mating call for his species. His prize for winning was a UFO seed. He took it home and planted it right away.

At the moment Luthor wasn't able to work on school or his job, so he decided to make an enemy. He went over to the Oirats' house and insulted Lipitor.

It only took a few more insults to get him mad enough to fight. Luthor won, of course.

The week ended with Kasey and Guy becoming elders. Aniara realized that she didn't have much time left before she became an elder, too. Still, she had completed all her requirements – now, it was up to Luthor.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- Dec 20)
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2015, 04:08:39 PM »
The one thing I really dislike about this challenge is having to make an enemy and fight, but you have made it so entertaining I might just change my mind about that.  Love the nightclub scene with the "glad rags", which included curled up toes on the boots!  What a hoot.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2015, 04:19:10 PM »
@Nutella, Joaquin kind of reminds me of Cycl0n3 Sw0rd from TS3.

@Joria, My sims didn't fight much either, but doing the Hobos challenge last year (or earlier this year) made me realize that it was pretty painless -- the worst that happens is that a sim gets a 4-hour dazed moodlet.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2015, 09:50:18 PM »
I love Luthor's hair! Such an opposite of the actual evil Luthor..  which I know would have been intentional~  ;D You are really speeding along, such a great thing to see (and read  ;))

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2015, 09:21:55 AM »
@KTK10, that was the first hairstyle I tried, and it looked so right that I didn't try any others. Yes, Luthor is a troubled soul, but he'll still pick up one trait from his mother.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2015, 09:52:19 AM »
Fighting is really funny in the Sims world.  It sort of always amuses me  ;D  I seriously can't pick a favourite family in your story.  I like all of them and they are so different from each other which keeps it interesting.  But if I did have a preference for one family it would be your retail one.  They are out numbered after all, and I always root for the under dog!  I also like her funky hair and she's feisty  :)  That's always a good thing. 

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2015, 10:16:41 AM »
Have you noticed all the aliens like to stick out their stomach when they walk? 

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2015, 10:44:51 AM »
Yes and what is with that??

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2015, 11:58:26 AM »
Male aliens especially -- maybe they're expecting to be pregnant?

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2015, 03:03:29 PM »
The alien males are probably jealous of their non-alien male counterparts when they get abducted and impregnated. :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2015, 04:34:38 PM »
Oirat, Week 6

It was Lipitor's birthday today. He got up early because he still had a lot to do – make three friends, max mixology, and finish up his Freelance Botanist aspiration.

He didn't have to worry about making enemies. He'd been really furious that first Azalea Baird and then Luthor Zargon had barged in and started yelling at him while he was watching TV. He'd complained to his dad, who had chuckled.

"What?" said Lipitor.

"Now you don't have to waste any time making enemies with them," his dad explained.

"Oh, right," said Lipitor.

Since his mom was lazy, Lipitor chose active as his last trait.  It took him several days to finish up the rest of his requirements – most of the week actually. Late Friday afternoon he was finally ready to purchase a house from the #carlsguiderdc Realty Company. This one was made by @Ferretmania.

The house had three floors. Lipitor's bedroom was on the third floor – he bought a new, more comfortable bed and installed a closet.

The second floor was where his heir's room would be. Lipitor was hoping for a little girl, but of course he'd be happy with any child.

He called Wendy Agarwal and invited her over. They were good friends, but Lipitor hadn't wanted to try getting romantic until he had his own place. To his relief, she agreed to move in with him. He was just getting ready to make a move when...

"Really?" he fumed to the Oirat commander. "Couldn't you at least have waited until I had something worth reporting?"

The commander coughed, and Lipitor saw the Zargon commander waiting in the chamber behind him.
"The Zargons have requested an inquiry into your eligibility to occupy a lot of your own."

"Oh really," Lipitor said crossly. "And just what do they think I have or haven't done?"

"Well, first of all, they want confirmation of your father's status. Is he a level 10 scientist?"

"Yes," said Lipitor. "He's an Extraterrestial Explorer."

"And did he finish an upgrade of his Electrolux Wormhole Generator?"

"I used it myself," said Lipitor. "I went up to Sixam to check on another woman, but she turned out to hate children so I didn't improve upon the acquaintance."

"A simple yes or no will suffice. Now, about completing the Freelance Botanist aspiration. They were particularly concerned about whether you had a cowplant."

"Yes," said Lipitor.

"And a collection of seven alien plants for your family's museum?"

"Yes," said Lipitor.

"The Zargons also thought it unlikely that you'd made any good friends outside of your home. Can you give me their names?"

"Bjorn Bjergson is one," said Lipitor. "He's a member of the Garden Gnomes and we met for a drink during Knight Night.

And Wendy Agarwal is the other. She and I spent a lot of time looking at clouds in Oasis Springs.

She even took a selfie with me. Here." Lipitor handed a photograph to the commander.

"Yes, well everything seems to be in order," the Oirat commander said.

The Zargon commander harrumphed. "Ask him to empty his pockets," he said with a sneer. "Ask him whether he took any serums made by his father."

Lipitor returned the Zargon commander's sneer. "I left behind three smart serums and a book," he said.

"May I request an inquiry into the Zargon's eligibility for moving?" Lipitor added.

"Yes, of course, but you'll have to wait until the Zargon youth has actually moved. Anyway, it looks as if you've satisfied all the requirements..."

"And what about his other skill?" interposed the Zargon commander. "Mixology, I think it was."

"Yes, I've maxed it," said Lipitor.

"It would be better if we had proof," said the Zargon commander. "I believe it's at level 10 that you're able to breathe fire?"

"If you set up a bar, I'd be happy to oblige," Lipitor said with a grin.

"That's not necessary," said the Oirat commander. "There's some very flammable material up here."

When he returned home Lipitor had to go and spend several minutes calming himself down before he was able to talk to Wendy. He gave her a brief account of his abduction, and she agreed that the Zargons were terrible.

They had more interesting things to do that night than complain about the Zargons, however. The next morning, while Lipitor made breakfast, Wendy confirmed that another little Oirat was on the way.

After breakfast, Lipitor invited his parents over to meet Wendy and help him get started with his rocket ship. His dad promptly fell asleep, while his mom asked Wendy when the baby was due.

Wendy went outside and started painting.

Lipitor went upstairs to take a nap. What with being abducted and trying for baby he hadn't gotten much sleep. His mother stuck around to work on the rocket ship, though.

He got up early to do some yoga before going to work. His dad had advised him to do yoga two hours before leaving for work and to work hard when he got there. The yoga, Lipitor discovered, wasn't as easy as he'd thought it would be.

He did manage to finish in time for work, however. He left the house at 6 pm on Saturday evening to work as a Mixologist.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- Dec 21)
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2015, 05:01:56 PM »
Everyone is doing alien plants for first heir.  ;D

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- Dec 21)
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2015, 05:16:08 PM »
Everyone is doing alien plants for first heir.  ;D

Makes sense -- I probably should have had my retail heir do that, too. I was so cross with Lipitor. The plants are worth the most if they're ready to harvest, but he picked his quill fruit and glow orbs without my telling him to do that.