Author Topic: Gardening club tip  (Read 8147 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Gardening club tip
« on: December 17, 2015, 09:47:37 AM »
I figured the sims in the club would just weed, water and spray for bugs but I found out the hard way that the sims in your club will also harvest plants and you'll lose anything they harvest. :(
So before you start a gathering with your gardening club be sure to harvest your plants first so you don't lose your valuable harvest.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Gardening club tip
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 10:14:45 AM »
Great tip, thank you!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Mack

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't fret, or you will miss the fun.
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 11:01:05 AM »
When I saw the club's members harvesting my Sims' hard earned profit (EeeK!!), I immediately cancelled the gathering. Got my Sims to harvest all, then resumed the gathering.

At the moment my Sims belongs to two gardening clubs. One the default one and the other that he created at his home.

With all these extra hands, I like how fast the garden is taken care of. I usually have my Sims work alone one day on his huge garden at home to gain skill , then meet with his club buddies the next day. It took very little time for him to reach level 10 and he is making a lot of money. 

There is a couple of things I do not understand yet. Why is there a child in the default club when children cannot garden? Are they acquiring gardening skill which is not showing now but will, when they become teen or young adult?
Also, my Sims met with the "default group" at the park. He took some cuttings of all the plants there. When he returned home, there was no cutting in his inventory. Has anyone experience this yet?
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift; that's why it's called a present.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 02:33:14 PM »
@Mack, the Garden Gnomes also fish and catch frogs, which are things that children can do. Was your sim trying to take cuttings to graft or to view with the microscope? I'm not sure if the latter show up in inventory.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Dellena

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 03:24:07 PM »
Great tip!  Glad I didn't learn this the hard way.

Offline Mack

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't fret, or you will miss the fun.
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 07:54:21 AM »
MarianT

Yes, you are right the Garden Gnomes members fish and look for frogs. Now that you mention it, I remember the members going fishing. Lucus, the child in the club followed them and cast his line.

As for the cuttings, it is for grafting. For the microscope, I thought you needed to collect microscopic samples. Generally they are in the Sims'inventory.  My Sims took cutting from other places and they were in its inventory.

I noticed odds little things during game play such as the eternal weird cleaning the dirty dishes (pick dirty dishes, sit down, go wash dishes). Now, my Sims goes and sit in the bathtub, gets up and clean the dishes. And yet not all Sims do it. It has already been reported as a bug with EA.

Another: my Sims was sad, but could not call the Sadness line because the option was not there. At another time the option was there.

Or my Sims had a boy, and aged up to be a girl. I use cheat because I really wanted a boy. This one could have been my bad. I am sure it said a boy at birth as I was stuffing the mother apples. What!! Apples??? It is carrots Mack carrots not apples!!! OMG At 2 a.m. it is sometimes hard to keep track of all the details.

As with any addition to the game, I am assuming these are glitz and with time will be iron out. They do not affect your game to the point of madness/frustration. Actually, I am pleasantly surprised with the clubs. Like the activities at the pubs, the special nights (bear, ghost etc...). Many actions are done automatically by the members while your Sims gains skills etc.. If you just watch what they do, it is funny and entertaining. It is not only about partying.
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift; that's why it's called a present.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 12:17:43 PM »
Another way of getting way of getting help with the garden is go ahead and have a club but don't have gardening as one of the activities. Start a gathering at your home and click on a plant and select Tend Garden Together. Everyone will jump in and weed, water and spray for bugs but so far I haven't had anyone harvest any thing like this.
But sense garden isn't one of the club activities you won't get club points for it but you will still get help with your garden without them harvesting your valuable plants.

Or don't want to bother with a club, just get some friends together and form a group and you can have the group Tend Garden Together then disband the group and send them on their way. :) And sense groups was added as a patch and not part of the expansion this should work even for those who don't have Get Together.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 03:10:16 PM »
Great tip grimsoul. lol... poor sims slaves I wonder if they'll ever click on to the fact they are just being used!  ;)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2016, 04:19:46 PM »
@Playalot  I hope they don't. They may ban together and stage a revolt against us.  That would be scary.  :-X

Offline meubanks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2016, 11:03:16 PM »
The harvested items do stay in the Sim's inventory, so in a pinch you can move them in to recover the harvested stuff. Then if you don't want to play that Sim you can just move them out again in household management. It's a good idea just to harvest everything before a gathering though.