Author Topic: Dear Diary  (Read 24883 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Dear Diary
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2016, 01:49:32 PM »
Janine looks like both her parents but mostly like her Mom.  I love the Baron story!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2016, 10:09:47 PM »
Note 10 Janine on Simbook

Monday, 9PM

Dear Diary,

We had to rush back from Granite Falls! There was a live talking bear in there! Fridgie was telling the truth after all. I feel bad about doubting my 'new-found friend' now. It's okay, I'll send my apology later through mind reading. I hope he picks up the mind-to-mind connection.

**If you had brought me with you on that trip, I'd have saved you from the bear! Humph!-Gonk**
**Stop sulking! I'm sorry, okay?-Jaz**

Anyway, Don had a club gathering at home today, so our daughter was introduced to them. Too bad Alexander was already Young Adult, would have loved having him as son-in-law.

Janine's friends from her Socials club also came over to greet her enthusiastically. Too enthusiastically in my opinion.

She also texted me the following:

Romeo Moor - Goofball and lazy
Malcolm Rico - Clumsy and net (my childhood bff)
Lincoln Rector - Music Lover and glutton
Lex Prieto - Glutton and creative
Dante Reid - Bookworm

Who's the hottest? :D

I decided it was time to tell her about the birds and the bees.

P.S. I also received a text from the underworld!

-Jazmin

-------------------------

Tuesday, 8PM

Dear Diary,

We were having breakfast earlier when Janine suddenly cried out in shock. Her hair has turned pink! I hurriedly tried to calm her down. I told her it was natural, the females in our family have always had pink hair when we leave childhood. With her interest piqued, she asked more about our family history. And so I told her about our inability to have male children, the hair turning pink, the intense craving for strawberries during pregnancies, and the Witch gene. She looked dumbfounded. I couldn't blame her. I was the same when I learned about our history when I visited Secret Village in my youth. It was an elder there that told me the whole sordid story. It was all too much to take in in one day.

Then Janine got up and said, "Oh well, at least we're not vampires. I couldn't NOT see the sun and be happy."

I saw her taking selfies of her new look and tweeted about it. I cautioned her not to tell people about our heritage. She replied that she read about the 'Salem Witch Trials' and does not want our family to experience something similar. She also casually said, "Mom, I registered on Simbook and posted my new profile."

What else can I do but check out her new Simbook profile and clicked on her image. I immediately commented on it, "First!"   :P

Till next time diary. xoxo

-Jazmin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2016, 10:28:10 PM »
I love the pink hair!  She may be crazy but so entertaining.  Her little talks with Gonk crack me up.  Does Janine have the insane trait as well?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2016, 11:03:21 PM »
@Joria

Yes, Janine has the insane trait as well but it's the last trait I add to them. I like the 'talking with friends animation' and is great when you want them to 'talk' to other sims/objects for picture purposes. And the faces they make are funny. :D

I'm trying to wrap up Jazmin's diary. I'm hoping two more entries will be enough to cover it. My game has gone too far ahead and I want my story to catch up to the latest happenings. Hence, I've been updating quite a lot. Will do another one tonight. I have to go to the library for a bit.

There's more to look forward to with the Baron. But he is stuff for future scenarios. There's only so much that one can tell about clubs and birthdays, and general daily life. The first generation has to show them mostly but I might skip on the birthday events in future generations.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2016, 07:20:07 AM »
Note 11 Budding Love

Wednesday, 10PM

Dear Diary,

I'm not sure I should be happy, but my baby is growing up...fast! She went on a first date with Lex Prieto. Daddy Don was simmering the rest of the afternoon after Janine announced that she had a boyfriend. Uh oh..Well, he couldn't help himself but went out to get Janine back home before 8 o'clock pm.  ;D

-Jazmin

--------------------

Thursday, 9PM

Dear Diary,

Death looms over us all.  :'( We witnessed death for the first time today. We didn't know the poor woman. She was suddenly enveloped in a shimmering colored light, and her life is gone. Don wanted to cancel the birthday party right then and there, said it was disrespectful to the dead. But time just doesn't allow it, and so Don's hair turned gray and his back started to pain him much.

Janine was more affected by it all. She was sad the whole time. She suddenly hugged me and Don and whispering, "Please don't leave me all alone."

I wouldn't intentionally want my daughter to be pained. But life has to go on, I still hope we have a long life together.

-Jazmin

P.S. I took her urn back home. I hope it's okay.

------------------------

Friday, 11PM

Dear Diary,

I suddenly hit on the idea to aspire for longer life! So Don and I went to the gym to test out the equipment. The gym trainer was cool and friendly. We became immediate best friends!  ;D Then I suddenly caught my image in the mirror and had a lengthy talk with myself. We really hit it off together, when suddenly someone in black appeared at my back!

I scared myself silly and went running, but I ended up running on the treadmill and HE was still there! He was saying something to me, but I couldn't hear because my heart was beating too fast and I could hear it pumping blood through my veins. I was too scared so I kept running and just nodding to the person in black. I slimmed down so fast, it was a miracle.

When we got home, I resolved to spend more time with my husband and for once, cook dinner for him. Pancakes can be considered dinner, right?

-Jazmin

**Toot toot toot**
**Grim sent a request to be your friend on Simbook.**

----Waaaaaahhhhhhh!!!----

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2016, 11:17:06 AM »
I'm really enjoying your story. Bookmarked! Your pictures are awesome!

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2016, 05:05:07 PM »
Loving this!

The Rico boy? Is he related to Darnell Rico? That's my Legacy Founder's hubby. And I can't remember whether I made him or if he was a Townie lol if I did make hoim, it was totally inadvertent that I used him, I can't remember much around those weeks lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2016, 10:19:01 PM »
Note 12 The Revelation

Friday, 10PM

Dear Diary,

Yesterday was quite hectic, I must say. Just remembering it is making me tired all over again.

"Your family is hungry Jaz." -Gonk
"I know. I'm making Robert, the father, to cook, just wait." -Jazmin
"He's caught on fire! Put it out now! QUICK! He's DYING!" -Gonk
"Stop shouting! Oh gosh! I don't have a fire alarm! HELP!" -Jazmin
"Jump into the pool! Get in the shower!" -Gonk
"He's not moving! Argh!"

**Your sim has perished in the fire.**
**Grim appears and Tiffany, the wife, pleaded for Robert's resurrection.**
**What's dead stays dead. PERIOD! -Grim**

"...." -Gonk
"......." -Jazmin

**Return to Main Menu: Save?**
**Exit without saving.**

"You suck Jaz." -Gonk
"Shut up caveboy." -Jazmin

I spent so many gaming hours on Sims. I even shooed Don and Janine off to the gardens so I can focus on my sims' lives. I almost missed going to work. But it paid off, I got home with a promotion! Finally, I'm at the top of my career! Ah, I am so good, I astound myself!

Time to sleep for me now. I'm so exhausted. xoxo

-Jazmin

------------------------

Saturday, 4PM

Dear Diary,

The morning dawned early and bright. I stayed in bed a little longer just enjoying the sun shining through the windows and thinking of the things I have accomplished. My lifetime aspiration to be a Computer Whiz completed, reaching the top of my career as a Tech Guru in the eSports Gamer branch, marrying my beloved Don, and birthing the most wonderful girl, Janine.

Then Don called me to watch the clouds with him. We have lived a long and happy life together, though it feels so short and I feel cheated. But such is life. I don't want any regrets to color it, so I finally decided to confess to him about my family history. He was silent throughout the retelling. I couldn't tell if he was disgusted or mad. At the end of my story, he simply hugged me and told me, "I love you Jazmin, no matter who or what you are, or where your roots originated."

It was the most romantic thing that he ever uttered to me. I was moved to tears. But before I could fill a bucket with it, Janine called us from inside the house and surprised me with a birthday cake. I forgot it was my birthday! I waxed poetic on the beautifully made White and Black cake. My face looked a little crazy though.  ;D

I feel complete, my goals achieved, I am ready to retire to a life of leisure. Don't be sad diary, for you will not be forgotten! I will ask Janine to accompany you and share her life experiences. I hope you two will get on well together.

I now say my farewell and officially end my diary.

With love,
-Jazmin

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2016, 10:38:44 PM »
Thank you @JudesSims  :D It's also thanks to your Career Challenge that I was able to have this story. I'm a bit lax in the rules though, but I strictly followed the 'No Money Cheats', and the randomly selected careers, as well as not going all out with furniture. I made do with only basic/cheap stuff needed for the sims' needs and the items needed for the current career/s.

Although, the career challenge is not very obvious during the storytelling, I try to include news about promotions, especially upon reaching the last stages. The one thing I couldn't do without is designing the house for my simfamily. My hands were itching all throughout the gamplay till I was able to have enough funds ($150k) to upgrade the family home, which will be shown in 'Book 2 Janine's Diary'.

@Magpie2012 Rico is a townie without a residence. I believe he has a sister and a mom, no father. It's really weird in my game, I have a lot of Male sims living solo, and there are Single Moms with two kids.

By the way, there is an insert in the story above which Diablo 3 players are sure to recognize. :D I couldn't help adding it. It was just the right words to say at that moment.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2016, 03:43:53 AM »
Note 13 Janine's First Diary Entry

Saturday, 7PM

Dear Diary???

This is so weird. I really don't like writing a diary but Mom was adamant about jotting down my life experiences for the future generations to learn from. I still can't see the use. It's not actually hard keeping a diary. I guess I'll stick with it for a bit. Mom also mentioned I only need to write on the diary until I reach the top of a chosen career.

Talking of careers, I'm thinking along the lines of a Criminal one. What a surprise huh? I was surprised myself, or maybe not... I was always fond of pranking my friends. And trolling the forums, HA! That is one of the more enjoyable moments in my young life. Can't get enough of it actually. lololol

I went out with my unofficial boyfriend, Lex Prieto today. We were peacefully doing our homeworks for high school when this rude boy barged in and started harassing us. What a brute! We decided to avoid him and went to the gym instead. We saw Grim there. I wanted to socialize and get his email. But Lex convinced not to. He said that he heard his mom and sister talking about a black-robed guy stalking old people and that he is armed, armed with technology. Who knows what Grim's tablet can do. Lex convinced me, and so we left Grim alone with his weight lifting. I didn't know we would meet him again...so soon.

-Janine

-----------------------

Sunday, 9PM

Dear Diary,

It is a sad day today especially for my dad. It didn't start out that way though.

I woke up early and made breakfast for my parents. They were quite happy with the excellent meal. I had an ulterior motive for that. I then told them about Lex coming over. They seemed okay with that. I tried my luck further and asked if it is okay for Lex to stay with us. There was a moment of silence before Dad asked the reason why. I told him that Lex and his family were living under the bridge as homeless people. And his studies were suffering a lot.

Dad mulled about it for the whole morning before calling me to his side and said he will allow Lex to stay with us, but that he has to stay in the attic and we're not allowed to do any hanky panky until I get a ring on my finger and signed document that says we are married. I agreed readily. And so Lex became part of our family.

Dad is quite pleased with Lex and exchanged numbers with him. He even tutored Lex with Math and Science. Only thing left to do now is to convince Lex to go steady with me.  :P

While the rest of us were busy doing our own stuff, Marcus Flex, Dad's gym buddy and former gym trainer, had a heart attack right in the middle of our kitchen. And so I met Grim for the second time this week.

Dad pleaded for Marcus, but Grim wasn't moved one bit. Dad, Lex, and I sadly ate our cake(pancake for me) while contemplating about the life of Marcus Flex.

Grim didn't join us for dinner. He probably was busy making arrangements for Marcus' essence being transported to the underworld. I wonder what the world of the dead is like. I shiver at some of the images that appeared in my head.

Then it was time for Grim to go. We said goodbye but he merely disappeared in a puff of smoke leaving behind the image of a sickle. Once again, shivers ran down my spine.

I'm guessing this is enough entry in my diary. Till next time diary.

-Janine

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2016, 04:20:19 PM »
RIP Marcus.  Lex seems like a nice enough guy.  If he loves Janine and will treat her well it's great.  If not, I think Don might have a few "words" with him.  I love the way you "scrapbook" some of the pages.  The beribboned skull cracked me up.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2016, 07:54:33 PM »
Note 14 Young Adult At Last

Sunday, 9PM

Dear Diary,

I've finally grown up! Lex and I both had our birthday today. I can now take care of my elderly parents. They gave me so much and created for me a happy childhood, it's my turn now to work hard for them.

We weren't rich. I didn't have big teddy bears or humongous doll houses, but I had the best parents who showered me with love and affection. Someday, I hope my own children will say the same thing about me.

Our club mates from Socials came over to celebrate this happy occasion with us as well as some of dad's cronies. We even have a ghost guest!  :o He played the piano for us.

Dad and I had an alone time at the bar, and he was regaling me about his wild days and his first love, which coincidentally is my mom. His regret was letting her go years ago because of a few misunderstandings. And if only he had held on, they could have had an even longer time together.

I was a bit sad for dad, but he sat there with a smile, contentment seen on the lines of his face. Then he turned to me and said clearly, "I want a grandchild soon!"

That startled me! I turned immediately, looking for Lex, but he seemed busy chatting with Bella Goth. Phew! I thought he heard Dad's outburst, it would be so embarrassing.

See you tomorrow diary. I'm going back to the party and eat another slice of cake!

-Janine

-----------------------

Monday, 9AM

Dear Diary,

The party wound down and soon the 'rents are asleep in our rented rooms. Lex and I were still awake in the wee hours of the morning. He invited me for a swim in the heated pool outside. I was more than happy to do so.

He also showed me his art. I hate to say it, but it looked a lot like chicken scratches.  :P Don't tell Lex I said that! :D He was a mean player with chess though. :(

After a third game of chess, we went back to the pool to enjoy the coming sunrise. While the stars twinkled their last and the moon settled down to sleep, Lex took my hand and asked, "So, when are you going to make an honest man out of me and start giving grandchildren to your Dad?"

:o OH MY GOSH! He totally heard us earlier!

-in-shock
-Janine

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2016, 08:08:13 PM »
Note 15 Together Forever

Tuesday, 9AM

Dear Diary,

I caught mom and dad being sweet very early today. I was embarrassed to get down from upstairs and enter the kitchen. They probably thought no one was awake at such an ungodly hour of 2AM. But I felt like nibbling some cookies and having a glass of milk with it. It helps me sleep.

**Yeah right...and yer booty is thanking ye fer it! -Gonk**

I'm hearing voices! I tried looking for the source but I can't find it. I'm probably just tired. Right, just tired. I enjoyed the cookies too much and ate all eight. I usually just have six or seven.

I'm going back to sleep. My job in the Criminal Career as a Tough Gal starts Wednesday. I want to sleep as much as I can before I start working odd jobs. Later Diary.

-Snoring Janine

-------------------------

Tuesday, 9PM

Dear Diary,

Guess what? Lex just proposed to me! I'm over the moon! Lalala....lala!

I was telling him about mom and dad kissing in the kitchen and got the urge to kiss him for the first time. His surprised look was priceless! Then he went down on his knees and presented me with a ring. He saved up some money from babysitting just for me. Oh how sweet, Lex and babies. I'd want at least one with him, so I said yes and off we went to tell the parents the good news!

-Janine

Thursday, 2AM

Dear Diary,

Time goes by so fast. The wedding happened in a blur. It's great we have pictures so I can confirm that it wasn't just a dream, that it really happened! I do remember the cake, it was scrumptious. Lex baked it himself, he's aspiring to be a Master Chef, lucky me. :D

I'm so happy but right now I'm dead tired. Just started work today, and working the night shift wrecks havoc in my daily routine. I hope I will have enough energy left for my new family.

By the way, I will put it on record that I found an odd plant in dad's garden. If I remember to, I will ask dad about it. The plant was kinda cute. It smelled like milk somehow.

-Janine

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2016, 10:03:07 PM »
Note 16 Who Said Goodbye is Easy

Friday, 6PM

Dear Diary,

The boss was overwhelmed on how good I am at my job that he gave me my rightfully deserved promotion! I was ecstatic about it and discussed the merits of my job during breakfast today. Mom was being quiet today. She rarely said a word.

I remembered to ask Dad about the weird plant he has in his garden. He said he was experimenting with grafting plants and it was one of the results. He is still trying to see what the seed will grow into. I looked up and saw Mom's stricken face. When I asked what's wrong, she replied it was just the egg not agreeing with her. She later asked me to talk with her in the garden. I complied as I also have something to ask her.

No words can describe what I feel right after I heard what Mom had told me. I didn't know our past is more chaotic and messed up that I first thought. When she first related a few important things about it, I chucked it to simply being a freaky glitch in our family: witch gene, pink hair, and girls-only babies. I asked if hearing voices is part of the family 'curse', and she said, it has always been a part of her life and her deceased mother. All Pink descendants will get the Insane trait at adulthood and gain the ability to hear the voices of non-human beings.

Now, I am weirdly interested in investigating the past and perhaps release us from the shackles of this 'curse' that has plagued our family for more than a hundred years. Will I have time to do that, I wonder. If I can't finish it, then our descendants can. Mom has started it by writing a book called The Dark Grim Tale of Guadalupe. Unfortunately, the 'book' in question is not in book form. Some were in napkins, and loose paper, there is even some chiseled in fossil! How did she do that?! She gave me all her notes and asked that I compile it and add to it if there is more I can discover as her research is not yet complete.

We finished our cake in silence, each occupied with our thoughts.

-Janine

--------------------

Saturday, 3PM

Dear Diary,

I didn't know yesterday was going to be the last conversation I would have with Mom. I had believed she would be there, just there in my life for as long as I am in this world. But that is not meant to be.

Lex and I went to work last night, me to my criminal career, and Lex to his job at the local restaurant, polishing up his cooking skills. If I had known what would happen, I would have stayed around and talked with Mom some more.

It was Dad who found her, gracefully falling on the ground. Dad's name was on her lips as her last breath escapes her. We arrived home and saw Dad embracing the pliant but lifeless body of my Mom. My heart squeezed tight, and I crumbled into the ground barely registering Lex as he tried unsuccessfully to comfort me in my grief. In the distance, I could hear Dad's sobs as he continued to rock Mom.

I woke up later, wrapped in my husband's arms. I am thankful for his presence.

I don't know how Dad will fare now that Mom is gone. He is inconsolable in his grief, that he is barely eating and is losing weight. I am afraid that I might lose him too if his grief and sadness become too much for him. His cries during the night is heart wrenching and breaking mine in the process. Is this how it is when you love someone? Is it always this painful? When it is time for me and Lex, will I even want to live? These thoughts trouble me and will continue to occupy my mind for the days to come.

I will admit that I would also like to wallow in my grief and waste away. But Lex refuses to let me go, and shows me his love even more. And I also carry with me a little bundle of joy. In this hour of darkness, there is still hope of a new life.

-Janine

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2016, 02:26:30 PM »
And, thus from Death, comes new Life! I can't even begin to say how this hit me in the feels! She passed over her "life's work" to her daughter just as time was ticking to an end for her *premonition much*

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*