Author Topic: No Takeout for You...Learn How to Cook!  (Read 30045 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
No Takeout for You...Learn How to Cook!
« on: March 11, 2016, 06:34:12 AM »
No Take Out for You...Learn How to Cook

Goal
What's the recipe for success in this challenge? Creating as many unique high value meals as you can before turning Elder.

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create one Young Adult.
  • You are allowed to use the Buydebug cheat for the sole purpose of purchasing a satellite to prevent abductions.
  • No adding to the household.
  • No moving.
  • No uninstalling xpacs or stuff packs.
  • You must cook one of every single Homestyle Cooking and Gourmet Cooking recipe available to you once before you can proceed and cook multiples of any recipe.  Exception: career related recipes.
  • Do not use Baking or Ice Cream recipes.
  • The Ambrosia recipe is banned.
  • The Stoves and Grills Master reward is banned.
  • Banned: Growfruit Challenge Planter, Perfect Growfruit Challenge Planter, and Growfruit.
  • All ingredients for any recipe must be grown/collected/fished.
  • This challenge ends when your Sims turn Elder. Score is the total value of 60 unique Homestyle Cooking and Gourmet Cooking meals in inventory at that time (Meals can be stored in household inventory so that it won't spoil).

Scoring

Unique Meal Value — When your Sim turns Elder, pause your game and open up your Sim's household inventory. Add up the value of 60 unique meals.
To help keeping track on your score, and which recipe you have already cook, you can use the spreadsheet from LenaLJ which i found here

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we reserve the right to ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
Please think hard before you ask in the challenge thread because it may be strategy. What you may consider an innocent question could cause another player to go — “oh, I did not think of doing that.” It’s always safer to PM everyone on the team (Metro, ratchie, Nutella, LenaLJ, Trip, and MarianT) for clarifications. Thanks.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, but the winner especially is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                                 Unique Meal Value
Nutella                          23878
Minnie Mouse                          23693
christinal3106                           22326
LenaLJ                          22254
oshizu                           22073
reggikko                           22060
GlazeyLady                           21735
Ginj                         21676
Mack                           20279
tjtemple                           18649
kearn76                           16963
mcbalisen                         15728
MarianT                           14291
Magpie2012                           12848
Eighty8Keys                          12539
Joria                         11912
Metropolis Man                          10314
sdhoey                          8235
CynKuy                         8039
Teresa                          8030
JocyMc                          7775
rokrchik                          7757
crstasse                          7501
jewels129                         7446
Vesper                            5156
MissWulfy                            4273

Offline december22

• Llama Wrangler
Re: No Takeout for You...Learn How to Cook!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 10:58:27 AM »
Does this include recipes connected with emotions?

EDIT

Also, how do we work out the value of the meals?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 11:26:46 AM »
Yes, includes recipes connected with emotions.

You work out the value when you go into buy mode (F2).  If you pick up the meal in buy mode, you will see the value.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 11:28:54 AM »
Can we replace a meal with the same meal of a better value?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 11:31:03 AM »
All ingredients for any recipe must be grown/collected/fished.

Example:
Garden Salad: Tomato
You have to plant your own tomato plant, wait for it to grow then harvest the tomato to cook Garden Salad.
You cannot use seed to cook, and you cannot harvest tomato from somebody's garden to cook Garden Salad.
You cannot use the refrigerator to buy the tomato to cook Garden Salad.

Gumbo: Onion, Any Crawdad, Any Insect
Grow your own onion plant.
Catch crawdad.
Catch insect.

No collecting / fishing / gardening required for recipes without any ingredients (like Grilled Cheese). 

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 11:33:02 AM »
Can we replace a meal with the same meal of a better value?

Yes.  If you finish cooking one of every recipe, you can proceed and cook multiples of any recipe.  If you get a higher value of said recipe, you can replace the one you already put in household inventory.

Remember though, 60 unique meals.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 12:40:14 PM »
Regarding the cooking of one of each meal, does this also apply to meals my Sim cooks to eat? For example, if he cooks grilled cheese to eat, does that mean that he cannot cook grilled cheese to place in inventory until he has cooked one of each other unique meal? Do the meals he cooks to eat have to contain acquired ingredients if the recipe calls for it? Also, are cooking recipes made with the cupcake machine and the signature cake (only available at Level 6 of the Culinary career)required for the unique meals?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 01:42:47 PM »
Regarding the cooking of one of each meal, does this also apply to meals my Sim cooks to eat? For example, if he cooks grilled cheese to eat, does that mean that he cannot cook grilled cheese to place in inventory until he has cooked one of each other unique meal?

Correct.  If he cooks grilled cheese to eat, then he cannot cook another grilled cheese to place in inventory until he cook one of everything.  You have to decide whether you want it in inventory or to eat it.  How hungry are you?  :o

Do the meals he cooks to eat have to contain acquired ingredients if the recipe calls for it?

Yes.  Anything he cooks whether to eat or to keep needs to have the acquired ingredients.

Also, are cooking recipes made with the cupcake machine and the signature cake (only available at Level 6 of the Culinary career)required for the unique meals?

Cupcake machine recipe are required, but the signature cake from Culinary career is not required.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2016, 01:45:26 PM »
UPDATE:

You must cook one of every single Homestyle Cooking and Gourmet Cooking recipe available to you once before you can proceed and cook multiples of any recipe.  Exception: career related recipes.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2016, 06:11:24 PM »
So if emotion recipes count, that means I have cycle my sim thru the emotions to create one of everything.  I think it would be helpful if there was a list of the recipes, so that we don't DQ ourselves because we forgot about a certain emotion, and therefore didn't create the dish.

Also, do we cook individual plates, family plates, or party plates?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2016, 07:12:57 PM »
Well, there's already the recipe list on the skill guide from Carl —

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/gourmetcooking/

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2016, 07:23:53 PM »
Thanks, Metro...I knew there was that list but I didn't want to mention it in case it was considered strategy.  So if you have every EP/GP it's safe to say we need everything on that list, including the grill and cupcake items?

Also, my question about meal size wasn't answered...does it matter?

Offline bafleyanne

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2016, 09:13:59 PM »
Is it possible to do this challenge with just the base game or do you need to have the GP/EP installed in order to get enough recipes?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2016, 09:31:14 PM »
Also, do we cook individual plates, family plates, or party plates?

Does not matter, it can be individual, family, or party.  Your choice.

So if you have every EP/GP it's safe to say we need everything on that list, including the grill and cupcake items?

Correct. 

Is it possible to do this challenge with just the base game or do you need to have the GP/EP installed in order to get enough recipes?

If you only have base game, you will have 60+ unique meals to complete the challenge.  Players with more GP/EP will have more choices.

Remember this rule: No uninstalling xpacs or stuff packs.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2016, 07:46:34 AM »
Sorry, can you clarify once more.  So, if I cook a family (4) serving of "Mac and Cheese"; does this mean I have to split them off, and put one in the inventory and can eat the other 3.  Or do I have to only cook a single serving of each dish?  Or if I cook 8, can I put all 8 in for higher value?

anything